Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#496001 Feb 28, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
He might have existed, but if so, was just a man.
that is what you with nervous terror and fright hoping.

And you have you doubts, that why you here. hoping you can get a Christian to give you a sand grain or crumb of hope to ease you terror filled existence as your end of days close in.

how that work out for you so far? not good obviously. you gross insecurity and unraveling hypocrisy hate and vitriol on the billboard show it. but keep trying to finding that christian to throw you that crumb.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#496002 Feb 28, 2013
simplyput wrote:
If ALL here, were to put their shoes in the middle of the floor--and were to pick someones shoes to 'walk in their shoes for a day, We would probably be glad to get our OWN shoes back! There is always someone else that have it worse than ourselves!
I've always said that you should walk a mile in the other guy's shoes before criticizing him. That way, if he gets pissed off, he's a mile away and barefoot.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#496003 Feb 28, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
All 'religion' really is, is just old world politics, I care for neither as what it comes down to, is power. I have no need of power. Your religion, my religion, your Holy Book, my Holy Book,(to quote tri) your Philosophy, my Philosophy, your political choice, my political choice etc...
Who gives a shit? No wonder we have turned this planet into a disease ridden, corrupt and vile toilet.
Seriously, humans are pathetic, someone out there somewhere must love us like a parent or we would not still be around, we would have imploded a long time ago.
O_O
On a completely different note, you would not believe the stuff I found in my decrypted logs today. I hope you all have sturdy Internet Security.
you talking about me?~grin~

and that you in the picture? or some big time pretty hollywood actress :)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#496004 Feb 28, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Like me my friend, although I am last linked with the Mormons, and the Missionaries are often in my home. I hope to show their parents, who are almost overseas, that Christians show respect, to these young teenagers in some cases, or early 20's in others, and thank them for spreading the loving word of JESUS.
We Pray, we have lessons, we do Bible Reading along with the Book of Mormon reading, and we care for them. We feed them, have taken them bowling, out to dinner, walked in the parks, shared our Grandchildren with them, and hear the life they are living.
They have been bombarded by watermelon, been drugged by cakes and cookies, been egged, been abused, been threatened, and give up many simple things we take for granted in life.
They have a basic staple diet, they save for their costs of the Mission, although in some cases, the Church will and does help out. If people have a hard time paying their bills, the Church helps them.
There are sides to situations that unless you are involved, and have some sort of inkling or understanding, you have no idea what is going on. I don't discuss religion in here, I have been called too many names by Christians and Atheists for me to be bothered bringing it up again, so I just talk GOD, JESUS, ANGELS, PRAYERS, FAITH, SCRIPTURES, and the Spiritual pathway we are all following.
Sorry you copped all that Lil Whispers, but just wanted to share it, and this seemed the perfect posting to share it with :)
GOD Bless xx
Well Serah if you think I copped it all so be it.God bless.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#496005 Feb 28, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Their just gettin started Hank..........
(By the way, I'm Larry)
They are.

They're.

Hank. Spelling.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#496006 Feb 28, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Masturbation is sin ! LOL
hahaha!

No! Never a sin!

Fennario

#496007 Feb 28, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Isaiah 40:22
It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
That's the snow globe universe:
http://www.dancingpastthedark.com/wp-content/...

It's been updated. The universe is no longer considered a hemisphere with a fixed, stationary, edged earth under a star-studded dome. We now know that the earth is roughly spherical, and not circular, that the sun is just another star and only appears to orbit the earth, and that the "dome" of the heavens is an illusion.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#496008 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I changed my mind.
Please notice that I did not give my word. It was just a personal decision, and I had the right to change my mind.
Besides, if you parse my post very, very carefully, everybody will be able to see that I actually did not say that I was leaving, just that I felt unable to contribute further.
When I give my word, I keep it. But when I make a personal decision, I can change it, and besides I am careful to leave myself some wiggle room in case I am criticized.
Please change your mind about changing your mind.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#496009 Feb 28, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
They are.
They're.
Hank. Spelling.
You'll have a field day with me HFY, if your into spelling corrections..........Have at it..........

I've left one for you in this post, can you point it out for everyone?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#496010 Feb 28, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Please change your mind about changing your mind.
LOL..

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#496011 Feb 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
WordWeb Pro - Standard
Noun: church
1. One of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship. The body of all Christians. Christianity.
2.(church service) a place for public (especially Christian) worship
3. A service conducted in a house of worship
4. The body of people who attend or belong to a particular local church
Verb: church
1. Perform a special church rite or service for
WordWeb Pro - Canadian Oxford
church
• noun
1.A building for public (usu. Christian) worship.
2.A meeting for public worship in such a building (go to church; met after church).
3.(Church) the body of all Christians.
4.(Church) the clergy or clerical profession (went into the Church).
5.(also Church) an organized Christian group or society of any time, country, or distinct principles of worship (the medieval Church; Church of Scotland; High Church).
6.(also Church) institutionalized religion as a political or social force (Church and State).
• transitive verb bring (esp. a woman after childbirth) to church for a service of thanksgiving.
WordWeb Pro - Chambers
Noun - church
1.A building set apart for public worship, esp that of a parish, and esp that of an established or once established form of the Christian religion
2.A church service
3.The whole body of Christians
4.The Christian clergy
5.Any particular sect or denomination of Christians
6.Any body professing a common creed
Adjective - church
1.Of the church
2.Ecclesiastical
3.Belonging to the established church (informal)
WordWeb Pro 6.6
WordWeb Pro, that's a handy thing to have. It's installed on every computer I have. Use it all the time. My son likes it too. So many lexicons included, Thesaurus, obscure words, anagram function, text search, etc. Great tool.
I like the definition from Canadian Oxford,#6.(also Church) institutionalized religion as a political or social force (Church and State).
The point is, each of those definitions are acceptable in context or by usage.
But, we knew that anyway, no?
LOL, I don't think you read my post. I said to "normal" people, a church is a building for public Christian worship......

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#496012 Feb 28, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
I know the origins of all Religion, the good, the bad, the ugly and the horrific. I find your assumption that I don't know, very interesting. For me, it's a combination of many experiences, what's in my heart, fascinated & borderline morbid studying, learning everything the hard way and most of all, seeing the "fruits", up close.
What a lot of you don't seem to realise is that there are Billions of people in this world and you can't put any one group in a tidy little box and call it logic. There is so much that we do not know.
So what if 'the Church' adopted older customs, religions have been evolving along the way since the beginning of time, just like humans, technology, Education, language, Science, animals and a million other things, both known and unknown to us.
Logically, if one believes in The Lord, it all came from the same place anyway, let each man decide for himself, which is why the vast majority of mankind has always been looking for HIM. Many are fooled, many are hurt due to human imperfection, many rebel, many excel in both good and evil and some choose HIM.
None of it matters, all the Holy Books and religions basically point to a Creator, even the upside down ones do, in a slightly different way but still...
Debating and protesting different ideas and beliefs is a human thing, it's what we do, it proves nothing.
You and I do not KNOW if there is a One Supreme Creator or if there isn't One, we just believe in our respective positions, whatever they might be, these arguments are pointless but sometimes one has to go with their own experiences, for all we know, we could all have spent the entire existence of mankind in a mass delusional state.
I do not care about the decisions of evil men, in any 'group'. There is good and bad in all of us.
After my great search, I chose The Lord. That's it. I accept that I'm not supposed to know everything about everything, I certainly tried to find out though, still do, knowledge is my obsession The Lord is my heart. I feel Blessed to have not only survived my life but excelled at it. For many Billions, it has not the case.
I may have implied you didn't know, but I wasn't sure. Sometimes you ask a question hoping for an answer that is different than what you expect.

BTW, I don't claim I know there isn't a god or aren't gods.

I just don't have the belief that a theist has there is a god or gods, and further, I don't have the the belief that I believe in the only real god there is.

I don't have the Theist belief concerning deities.

Where you see humans in history searching for a god, I see man in awe of the unknown, and seeing anything that was beyond him as having "magical" qualities. Animism etc.. tend to example that.

Just to note: About the time Humans started evolving more complex religious beliefs, coincides with man also becoming more warlike and combative "our god vs. your god". Burials started to show death inflicted by weapons and weapons included in the burials, with religious figures and symbols etc.. Fascinating, I agree.

I'm probably nothing like most here think I am. But you know how nasty atheists are. Awful creatures.

I find it amusing that theists object to being treated like atheists always have been(trust me, you haven't), but for some reason, the atheist is a real ass when he says anything about theists.

Say anything you like about me. I've heard it all. Many times. Just for the record, although you(anyone) can do as you like and say or hint that I have.

I've not been assraped, molested, nor have I done that to anyone, that means my family and pets, too. I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't steal, I don't trick people. I work, I am an asset to humanity. I don't worship "THE DEBBIL"(aka Satan or any variation thereof, nor any mythical being) Nothing happened to me as a child that "made me this way", I went to school, I'm polite, I've never burned a church...

I don't have enough room to list it all, do I.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#496013 Feb 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, I don't think you read my post. I said to "normal" people, a church is a building for public Christian worship......
I'm pretty sure knowledge of our language and the use of a dictionary is something normal people are capable of and do. That's normal.

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#496016 Feb 28, 2013
Adam wrote:
O my God. I am heartly sorry for having offended you. I detest all my sins because I drea the loss of heaven and the pian of hell,but most of all because I offend you. My god who is good and deserve of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of your grace to confess my sins to do penance and to amend my life. Amen
Praise God Adam!

Jesus: "In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven't strayed away!" Luke 15:7

++++++++++

Just a warning though: The Devil will use his messengers to bring doubt to you... those subjects could be anyone... people (some christians and some Non).

I don't know if you ever heard of a singer name Vanity. She used to sing with Prince and was very, very... let's just say "loose". Prince gave her that name, Vanity. But later on she gave her life to Christ.

Because of her past erotic nature and past videos are in the public domain... The Devil will use those and all her past sins against her, for example to try to bring her down. Much in the same way, don' be surprised if the Devil uses those subjected to it to try an bring you doubt also. When the the Devil reminds you of your past... remind The Devil of it's future.

++++++++++

"In 1995, she said, "When I came to the Lord Jesus Christ, I threw out about 1,000 tapes of mine — every interview, every tape, every video. Everything."[7] She has stated that she has chosen not to receive any further revenue from her work as Vanity, and has cut off all ties with Hollywood and her former life in the music business.[8] After a kidney transplant in 1997, she decided to devote her life to evangelism. She now speaks at churches across the United States and worldwide."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_ (performer)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#496018 Feb 28, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Haahaa. Yeah, I guess it could be seen as [email protected] gene pool.
I cut a good bit of trees/wood. There are certain times of the year I am in some heavy forest.
There have been a few times I've been approached and asked if I ever run across Copperheads or Rattlesnakes, and if I do, to get in touch with the person who approached me, and that he'd pay for them if I catch them. I just nod, say I'll keep an eye out take the number and go on.
People find it hard to believe that this (still) happens.
I grew up here, it's been a "spoken but unspoken" element within some circles for as long as I can remember. Almost like an underworld, they have certain phrases and comments they'll make in order to "let others know", that they are Christians who practice that brand of faith.
This came up on another thread back when the man died up in West Virginia a while back.
Talked about it here: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
And here: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
I notice in one of the posts I mention it had came up even earlier, but I couldn't find the post being referred to.
At least one can say they (the snake-handlers) are taking the Bible at it's word. Hopefully that doesn't extend to taking slaves and ethnically-cleansing their neighbors.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#496019 Feb 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought to most Christians that the "church" was the body of believers...not a building.

Dipstick ;-)

Fennario

#496020 Feb 28, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
the atheists/gay activists promote gay lifestyles and other perversions here. Dragging the forum into the gutter. We all KNOW what the REAL agenda and it is to corrupt people and promote SIN.
Too simplistic. What you are seeing is a rejection of Christianity, not a promotion of anything.

Nobody here is promoting homosexuality, and I don't recall seeing anyone promoting atheism except in reference to Christianity. When I discuss secular humanism, it is always to compare it favorably with Christianity - never just a lone promotion for humanism. We don't need to promote humanism, just promote the church's progressive loss of social influence.

As for promoting a homosexual lifestyle, once again, you're being a simpleton. We are promoting fairness, justice, and equal rights - all apparently foreign thoughts to someone who thinks he knows who and what his god wants him to hate.

Regarding dragging your thread into the gutter, I heard that it used to be you people fighting over the bible. What a waste of time. That may not be the gutter, but it is the playpen.

We've injected almost all of the ideas worth having or thinking about in this thread. And none of them are from the gutter, unlike the entire Dr. Shrink oeuvre.

Your analysis was infantile - cartoonish.

And vile. You can't understand the motivations of skeptics, so you impute the most unflattering. Look at your slanderous characterization of what we are and what we want.

How about considering that we might want what we say we want - fewer people that think like you do?

Grow up.

#496021 Feb 28, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>***Romans 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.
19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you.
20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me.
21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.....
Many times is it written in my book that we should take our portion of Faith and run with it until it is stretched taut like a tightrope ~ and mean everything I say.
Ah, just tripping down memory lane again, Quin, but sometimes, there is something magical about that old lane I have wandered down :)
Praise God.

#496022 Feb 28, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting.
I am learning views and information never encountered before.
Yes... I've learned a little about the Bahais about 2 years ago. Some of it's followers go by the term Christian but in my understanding of the scriptures they are a completely different outfit. They call themselves humanists and ecumenists.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#496023 Feb 28, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure how else to explain it except that removing the criminal from society is an act of love toward those offended.
So this omnipotent God does nothing for the offender? Isn't everyone an offender according to Christianity? Makes no sense.
As I quoted, Peter explained that not only was Noah instructed to build an ark, but that he also preached to the people, to warn them.
How did Noah warn people all over the world? Or was God only concerned with those in his immediate area?
And that's the issue. "God" created us. And with that, we were given a law. And with the law, we were given both, blessings and curses, for obedience and disobedience.
Well, according to the Bible, God gave laws that God later found inadequate. Isn't that rather inconsistent?
This might remain a mystery to us, but apparently, the more "unclean" we become, the more "unclean" our Earth becomes, because of our presence.
Sure doesn't say much about the quality of God's creation, does it?
Two issues, here. The first is that they became "unclean," too. The second is that the chances were extremely high that they were only going to continue on the same path as those before them. If none were righteous, except for Noah and his family, then how would they learn righteousness?
So it's like "Minority Report"? Come on, how can fetuses and babies become unclean? They haven't had any opportunity. And how is it Noah and his family were the sole exception on the entire Earth? Doesn't that seem a bit unlikely? Especially given Noah's erratic behavior after they got off the ark (the curse of Ham etc).
As you know, he left a remnant. And He didn't know that man would fail. He had hoped man wouldn't. But, again, with the law came blessings and curses, for obedience and disobedience.
I wonder what else God has no clue about.
Not necessarily so. As it's written, man became like our heavenly host by learning both, good and evil.
And why was that such a terrible thing that God chose to curse every subsequent generation? Isn't this one of the first lessons of the Bible: seeking knowledge is the ultimate evil?
"God's" love is available to all that wants it.
Except offenders?
He's not going to force love from us. But, He also can't allow those that have no respect for life to continue. If anything, though, "God" is more concerned with our love for one another than He is for our love toward Him.
That is absolutely untrue, according to the Bible. What is the only sin that is never forgiven? It's not anything that one human can do to another, it's denying the Holy Spirit. Humans can commit any number of atrocities, and as long as they honestly repent later, God gives them a pass. So much for concern about the victims. All God seems to care about is itself.
After the great day of Judgment. If I'm right, all that's ever lived and died before Messiah was crucified, or never had an opportunity to learn of Messiah, will be resurrected and allowed the chance to repent, so forth and so on. For those that don't, they'll be forever destroyed. Not tortured in some fiery hell, as even hell is going to be destroyed. Just destroyed.
That's interesting. I've never heard of the idea that Hell itself would be destroyed. Is that in Revelation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 3 min Cat 46,227
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Michael 691,986
Why are Europeans a race of savages, thieves, a... (Jun '15) 5 hr Johnny 388
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr Aura Mytha 990,681
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr exposingm0r0ns 6,704
Jeffreys: Evangelicals will vote for Moore 7 hr whatever 6
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr Dec 2017 News 445,848
More from around the web