Benton, AR

#495807 Feb 27, 2013

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#495808 Feb 27, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Very close to what you do! But you are more skilled, I think, than most potters :)
You need to "know" the painter to bring out their painting. Potters can just let the clay tell them what to do.
Bosoir mon amie, they are similar I have found the only difference is in the materials. Thank you for the comment but this is something I am not good at sadly, I am built to paint if you want pottery Sora is the one you must speak to, he is way better at it than I he learned how to make pottery in India. He says it is meditative and therapeautic. Just like my paintings.
Doctor REALITY

Benton, AR

#495811 Feb 27, 2013
This is Doctor REALITY of the United States of America. There is no other 'Way' into heaven except trough FAITH in the Lord Jesus Christ. May the Lord bless everyone in every nation that calls upon His Holy Name for forgivness of sin,and eternal life. Good night:

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#495812 Feb 27, 2013
Night Doc Reality
Sweet dreams
God bless

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#495813 Feb 27, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes--
That is the implication I got also--just couldn't remember the posts.
I didn't reply to the posting from AJ but did reply to Seraphine's who was also upset by the wording. It took me awhile to re-find it, but when I got told I had my panties in a wad for no reason, I sort of felt the need to bring forth the light the reason.

To all of those who love and or loved our Fathers, keep their memories sweet in your hearts, and don't let them or their memories be tarnished by the angry words of others... Just my opinion and thoughts, as always, of course!!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#495814 Feb 27, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Serah, with my pere it is the same, may family encouraged my goals and dreams from the beginning. I treasure my memories as well.
Cheers, Seraphine; and thank you for sharing xx :)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#495815 Feb 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
AJ wrote;
***Your bias is showing Quin. According to your logic...
Since incest is primarily committed by a father or step-father...yet most here support fatherhood...
Shame on you Christians and Nons who lend support to this kind of thing.
Both crimes are equal are they not...or do you thing that incest is not as big of sin since it is committed mainly by heterosexuals...by fathers......****
That is a copy of a part if not all of your posting AJ; what do you mean by "yet most here support fatherhood" and "Shame on you Christians and Nons who lend support to this kind of thing" ????
Stating "Yet most here support Fatherhood" and accusing us of supporting incest to prove your point that homosexuality is normal is just way below the belt.
I loved my Father, and obviously you had issues with yours or I am sure you could never have written what you did.
Sexual perversity is exactly that and belongs to the perverse person perpetrating the act ~ not to all and sundry as you have accused and written. End Of.
Most here do support fatherhood Serah...I do myself. I would have loved for a father to have been in my children's life.

The shame on you was a direct quote from Quin. He made it right after his remarks about gays and pedophilia.

I was hoping that he would see how ridiculous it was to imply that simply because we support gays does not mean that we aren't appalled at child abuse.

It was all meant to show him how how unjust it was to cast blame on to an entire group of people because of the actions of a few.

I loved my father just as much as you probably loved yours. We had a good relationship.

You have missed the point Serah in your haste to want to judge me. What I have been saying this whole time is that you can not judge all by the actions of a few.

I basically used Quin's word to make that point. Just as all fathers are not guilty of incest and should not be judged in that way...neither should the gay community be judged by the actions of a few.

That is what I felt that Quin was doing...trying to cast blame on to an entire group of people because of the horrid actions that some have committed.

Serah...I have just quit caring what any of you think...condemn me all you want...say whatever you want...it just doesn't matter any more.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#495816 Feb 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
OK, but I still don't see how that example would apply to God.
I'm not sure how else to explain it except that removing the criminal from society is an act of love toward those offended.
wilderide wrote:
Is God as limited as a human organization responsible for civic order? No, of course not. God supposedly has unlimited/nearly unlimited powers. God is also supposedly loving. So then logically God should chose the most benevolent solution to a problem. Surely global genocide was not the most benevolent solution available.
As I quoted, Peter explained that not only was Noah instructed to build an ark, but that he also preached to the people, to warn them. And that's the issue. "God" created us. And with that, we were given a law. And with the law, we were given both, blessings and curses, for obedience and disobedience.
wilderide wrote:
Bestiality? And that is the animals fault?
Imagine you made an ashtray. And you found that one of your boys left a puddle of semen in it. For the sake of this discussion, let's say it was a joke. Regardless, would you keep it?
wilderide wrote:
And with every single member of every single species, including plants? Mmmmm....I don't think so.
This might remain a mystery to us, but apparently, the more "unclean" we become, the more "unclean" our Earth becomes, because of our presence.
wilderide wrote:
Moreover, back to humans for a moment, is it likely that babies and fetuses were also purely and irredeemably evil?
Two issues, here. The first is that they became "unclean," too. The second is that the chances were extremely high that they were only going to continue on the same path as those before them. If none were righteous, except for Noah and his family, then how would they learn righteousness?
wilderide wrote:
And that seems to be another point of this story too. God not only seems incapable of predicting the consequences of it's actions (i.e., God had no idea what would become of creation when it created it, and never saw this day coming), but the only way to overcome evil was to snuff the whole living being out.
As you know, he left a remnant. And He didn't know that man would fail. He had hoped man wouldn't. But, again, with the law came blessings and curses, for obedience and disobedience.
wilderide wrote:
No attempt to dissuade humans from evil is mentioned (never mind animals and plants).
Again, Noah preached to and warned the people.
wilderide wrote:
Apparently evil is as powerful if not more so than God, which seems to further reduce God's power.
Not necessarily so. As it's written, man became like our heavenly host by learning both, good and evil.
wilderide wrote:
So what does love mean, according to the Bible?
True love is defined as having the courage and unselfishness to die that others may live, if need be. John 15:13, 1John 3:16
wilderide wrote:
And is God consistently loving by that definition or not? Because you seem to imply God is not consistent with love, only showing it to a select few.
"God's" love is available to all that wants it. He's not going to force love from us. But, He also can't allow those that have no respect for life to continue. If anything, though, "God" is more concerned with our love for one another than He is for our love toward Him. 1John 4:20.
wilderide wrote:
At what point does one become the "punished" and all of God's love is permanently withdrawn?
After the great day of Judgment. If I'm right, all that's ever lived and died before Messiah was crucified, or never had an opportunity to learn of Messiah, will be resurrected and allowed the chance to repent, so forth and so on. For those that don't, they'll be forever destroyed. Not tortured in some fiery hell, as even hell is going to be destroyed. Just destroyed.

Location hidden

#495817 Feb 27, 2013
And of the angels he saith Who maketh his angels spirits and his minsters a flame of fire.

Thou madest him a little lower than the angel;thou crownest him with glory and honour and didst set him over the works of thy hand.

Wherefore(as the Holy Ghost saith,Today if ye will hear his voice.

Again He limiteth a certain day saying in David To day after so long a time as it is said to day if ye will hear his voice harden not your heart.

Who in the days of his flesh when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death and was heard in the he feared.

For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom is dressed receiveth blessing from God.

And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.

Location hidden

#495818 Feb 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
People become horrified when something is said about a group of people that they "love"...yet say nothing when it is about people that they find less than human.
My point was Seraphine...we can not judge a group of people by the actions of a few. All I did was take Quin's words and replace gay with father.
Christians get upset when we lump them all in a group...yet have no problems with someone lumping all gays with pedophilia.
My post might have offended you and Serah along with others in here...lumping all gays in to the pedophilia category offends me.
Lumping an entire group of people in to any category offends me.
Bonsoir Annie, indeed you are correct in this, it is shameful for any group of people to be lumped together, pedophelia and homosexuality to me are two very different things, I am sure to you it is as well. In regards to the actions I agree, one question I have always asked myself and I do not know the answer to this but I would like to know what you think is why do we lump all people in a group to begin with? Are we not all individuals many Christians are offended and disgusted by the liberal tendencies of Sora and myself but in our eyes all people are equal and deserve to be looked upon as individuals, I am looking foward to reading your thoughts and no I am not offended by your post, in regards to some Christians who have done what you mention I will admit that it is shameful on their part to act in this way and hypocritical as well. Sora and I know quite a few that live next door to us, all I can say for myself is that I hope I at least try to live by my beliefs and that is all I can do. I hope to hear your thoughts cher and again I deeply apologize for what took place, I am asking for your forgiveness and your pardon.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#495819 Feb 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't reply to the posting from AJ but did reply to Seraphine's who was also upset by the wording. It took me awhile to re-find it, but when I got told I had my panties in a wad for no reason, I sort of felt the need to bring forth the light the reason.
To all of those who love and or loved our Fathers, keep their memories sweet in your hearts, and don't let them or their memories be tarnished by the angry words of others... Just my opinion and thoughts, as always, of course!!
Yes...and I love my son. Yet you expect me to sit here and read the horrid things that are written and just keep my mouth shut.

Yet using an analogy about fathers sent you and SP over the edge.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#495820 Feb 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Most here do support fatherhood Serah...I do myself. I would have loved for a father to have been in my children's life.
The shame on you was a direct quote from Quin. He made it right after his remarks about gays and pedophilia.
I was hoping that he would see how ridiculous it was to imply that simply because we support gays does not mean that we aren't appalled at child abuse.
It was all meant to show him how how unjust it was to cast blame on to an entire group of people because of the actions of a few.
I loved my father just as much as you probably loved yours. We had a good relationship.
You have missed the point Serah in your haste to want to judge me. What I have been saying this whole time is that you can not judge all by the actions of a few.
I basically used Quin's word to make that point. Just as all fathers are not guilty of incest and should not be judged in that way...neither should the gay community be judged by the actions of a few.
That is what I felt that Quin was doing...trying to cast blame on to an entire group of people because of the horrid actions that some have committed.
Serah...I have just quit caring what any of you think...condemn me all you want...say whatever you want...it just doesn't matter any more.
Annie, the sad fact is that, for many of these people, it's all about judging and condemning.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#495821 Feb 27, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>CJ<<<
Howzit!
By the time I wave sometimes... you're gone!
Good to see you, Peace.

Location hidden

#495822 Feb 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no need to apologize Seraphine.
My thoughts on any religion...
I believe that we all have to find that which helps us along in life...brings us direction...brings us peace.
We all travel different paths...some times those paths cross briefly...sometimes we stop and share for a while that which we have in common...hopefully going on our way with a little better understanding of our differences.
Sometimes our paths change directions...we head off down a path that is unknown...is it the right path...is it the wrong path...one doesn't know until it has been traveled. I believe in the end we will return to the path that we were meant to travel.
Even if the path turns out not to be the one that we were meant to be on...there are treasures along the way...things to be collected...things to learn from. If one takes something away from it...maybe it was not the wrong path after all...just a side trip...a side trip that was intended.
One has to be careful though while traveling along their path...that you don't block the paths of others...or try to force them in to taking your own.
There is a homeless man that waits every morning on the sidewalk across the street. He waits for his breakfast that is handed out from a local charity. When someone comes he steps aside...letting them pass...giving them room to get by. When they have gone on their way he steps back to his spot and continues waiting.
That is how I think life should be...giving people room to continue along their own path.
Bonsoir Annie, I agree we too often see the pathway of others blocked especially when it comes to religion and politics and perhaps life in general. When I decided to become an art restorer I was fifteen years of age, this painting you see here by Rachel Ruysch was done by me personally, I am glad that my parents supported me in everything I did and allowed me to travel my own road. In regards to pathways one thing or object can send us down that road and yes as you can see I have come back to where I started (This painting has stayed with me after all this time and I always come back to it). Life always takes us into unexpected places like my coming to California for example had I not come here I would not have met, fell in love with and married Sora. I agree with you that every path we take is a lesson learned in regards to what that lesson is...well it is meant to be learned by the person traveling and travelers share information with oneanother. Take care Annie, as always I look foward to hearing from you and I am glad that our paths crossed.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#495823 Feb 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie, the sad fact is that, for many of these people, it's all about judging and condemning.
Lie. For me and my wife its about standing on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As long as I am alive and have breath I will speak of what Jesus did for us. I condemn not one soul. You however sit in judgement of what you don't even comprehend, the power of God that you deny. I do agree with one part of Annie's post, I don't care how many of you say otherwise, I will stand on the gospel, it matters not what you do.

Location hidden

#495824 Feb 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I mean the traditions and teachings of Christianity, its culture, its mythology, its rituals, its iconography, its history, and other abstractions.
I also mean the clergy that administers it, and the body of believers that underwrite it and who think, speak, and vote according to their dicta.
And for Dim and other excessively concrete thinkers, I'll include the buildings.
<quoted text>
Yes, I know. I think most Christians would be better people without the church steering them. Jesus was a radical liberal, for example, but few Christians are - at least in America, the case I know best. The church is conservative - the clergy, that is - and mostly teaches the faithful to be the same. Have you seen them railing against public health care in America?
Bonsoir mon amie, an interesting philosophy and yes there is plenty of this Sora and I fully aware of it but you can see our thoughts here. Sora and I are liberals as you know, you also know that we are Christian Humanists (And we are Catholic). What are your thoughts on Jesus cher? I can see that you take issue with the Christian faith and I am not going to attack you or judge you for this because this is your opinion and in regards to it, I would also like to say if you do not mind that I read some of your history in regards to your experiences with Christianity, I would again like to apologize to you for everything you have been through and yes more of us should follow Jesus instead of following tradition of an institution. Does this sound strange coming from a Catholic? We are all different I am sure there are some out there like Sora and I who believe in equal rights for all people.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#495825 Feb 27, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon the intrustion here please;may I ask do you know how many how many million of stone blocks is in the pryamids.There is a referrence of a father in law in the bible in Genesis 41:45 in one of my books.Also can give some information on lanuage.Here just a opinion no burials that are known of.
That would be Potiphera...Priest of the god of the sun(RA).

Estimates have the amount of blocks in the GP @ over 2.3 million.

Here is a good site about the latest research. including PW's "door".

http://www.cheops.org/

Location hidden

#495826 Feb 27, 2013
For if that first covenant had been faultless then should no place have been sought for the second.

But into the second went the high priest alone once a year not without blood which he offered for himself and for the errors of the people.

Then said I,lo I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me) to do thy will O God.

By faith Noah being warned of God of things not seen as yet moved with fear prepared an ark to the saving of his house by the which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

If ye endure chastening,God dealeth with you as with sons;for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not.

Remember them which have the rule over you who have spoken unto you the word of God;whose faith follow,considering the end of their conversation.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#495827 Feb 27, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie. For me and my wife its about standing on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As long as I am alive and have breath I will speak of what Jesus did for us. I condemn not one soul. You however sit in judgement of what you don't even comprehend, the power of God that you deny. I do agree with one part of Annie's post, I don't care how many of you say otherwise, I will stand on the gospel, it matters not what you do.
Man, I keep hearing about how I'm going to end up in the Lake of Fire.

If that isn't condemnation, I don't know what is.
Sora

San Diego, CA

#495828 Feb 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I wish more Christians saw things as you do.
Bonsoir Monsieur, you are welcome we have all of the works of Oscar Wilde imported from England of course. I wish more can see it this way too although my beliefs are nothing new.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Dr_Zorderz 258,003
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min karl44 733,088
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Truth 539,009
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min bacon hater 94,676
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min macumazahn 226,361
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr Naveen kumar 1,108
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 1 hr Falcon 751
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 7 hr Blck 106
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••