|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
There are those "humanist" ethics again
Congrats
You are the first one to bring a family member into an insult
He has nothing. If I've learned anything from topix time its not to take the bait. I really do feel sorry for him though. Take care, Gods love.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
More paranoia.
You have stating the truth confused with paranoia

I understand, its because you are stupid

You will probably think that was aparanoid statement

Why I worry about you being stupid is anybody's guess

:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catcher is not poor.
You are where it matters most

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Love, Jesus' Love and Christian Love are rarely the same thing and usually far away from the common uses of the word "love".
Somehow I don;t see how drowing babies is an act of love.
I guess Hitler really loved Jews. He was such a loving Christian.
Seriously. Love has no meaning if it's connected to the actions attributed to God in the Bible.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
There are those "humanist" ethics again
Congrats
You are the first one to bring a family member into an insult
Clearwater repeatedly discusses his wife's former life as a lesbian. He introduced her to all of us. I didn't bring her in, he did. I'm just stating my belief, based on what he has said, that she is a closeted lesbian.

Nor is it an insult to identify somebody as a lesbian, unless you think, like Clearwater and Counter_Strike and Adam and Trifecta and Q, that there's something wrong with homosexuality.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Great song, great rendition.
So, you used to perform on electric guitar? Good fun, huh?
Our last gig was 2004. We simply put it down completely since. I haven't held a guitar for a total of two hours in nine years until this month. I just set up the gear again.
My wife dusted off her bass on Monday. She was practicing two songs yesterday. I think we're close to bringing it back again, and taking it to the local clubs and bistros. This will shock the hell out of our friends, who really have never known us as musicians.
Thanks for sharing. Life is good.
Ya. It was filled with great times and some not so great.
Woke up one morning 'bout 5 years or so after Stevie Ray died and the fingers didn't all work anymore on the neckwork...brain was fine...fingers revolted. Hurt my feel'ns too. Stuck with a keyboard now...jist don't cut it, if ya know what I mean.
Good luck with the new venture. Folks love the old blues an stuff in the clubs. They'll still turn the juke off if someone will git up an pick...even solo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
He has nothing. If I've learned anything from topix time its not to take the bait. I really do feel sorry for him though. Take care, Gods love.
Smart move

People try to drag others down into the hole they are in

(a good Bob Dylan song about that btw)

(T) Peace brother

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

>>>Skom<<<
Our G'day mate!
Do you know this one???
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Nick Cave - Red Right Hand

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You stand by and not only ignore bigotry all day but you defend it and those engaging in it
Always the hypocrite eh Catcher?
You continue to stalk me when I don't post to you and you reply to my post which was for somebody else and why are you so obsessed with me, besides your lies and your hypocrisy you are about the worst one for that and I'm not going to discuss this further unless I decide to change my mind on this personal decision because everyone can see that I did not give my word which I will keep if I do

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

People are awesome..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearwater repeatedly discusses his wife's former life as a lesbian. He introduced her to all of us. I didn't bring her in, he did. I'm just stating my belief, based on what he has said, that she is a closeted lesbian.
Nor is it an insult to identify somebody as a lesbian, unless you think, like Clearwater and Counter_Strike and Adam and Trifecta and Q, that there's something wrong with homosexuality.
Dress it up however you like because in hindsight you know it was a crappy thing to do

You made that post to him because you wanted it to bother him

Why would his wife need to re-emerge as anything?

She is not a lesbian and your denials about the intent of your post just makes it that much easier to show you for liar you are

It comes so easy to you doesn't it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
>>>Skom<<<
Our G'day mate!
Do you know this one???
Nick Cave - Red Right Hand
PW!

What's up sister?

Thx, No I have not heard of it before but I will check it out

(T) Peace

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to stalk me when I don't post to you and you reply to my post which was for somebody else and why are you so obsessed with me, besides your lies and your hypocrisy you are about the worst one for that and I'm not going to discuss this further unless I decide to change my mind on this personal decision because everyone can see that I did not give my word which I will keep if I do
LOL

Stupid people have to resort to stupid tactics

Let me know when anything you said actually applies!

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW Is this our first disagreement...should we start bashing each other now?
Would you mind if we wait until after lunch...I need to take the dog out...
In the mean time...I will make a list of names that I want to call you. How do you feel about...doofus? If that is a little strong just let me know...I'll take it easy on you the first day.
Here you go Annie..........

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning HL...
I think you are right...
So...
I think I shall return to what brings me peace...
Earth, Teach Me
Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.
An Ute Prayer
The Web
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect.
Chief Seattle, 1854
HOPA

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Such punishments might not be perceived as an act of love, but they are-- toward the rest of society.
OK, but I still don't see how that example would apply to God. Is God as limited as a human organization responsible for civic order? No, of course not. God supposedly has unlimited/nearly unlimited powers. God is also supposedly loving. So then logically God should chose the most benevolent solution to a problem. Surely global genocide was not the most benevolent solution available.
The scriptures don't give us details, but it does say that "the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." But, as to your question, there's no mention of it. Most likely, bestiality became an issue, too.
Bestiality? And that is the animals fault? And with every single member of every single species, including plants? Mmmmm....I don't think so. Moreover, back to humans for a moment, is it likely that babies and fetuses were also purely and irredeemably evil?

And that seems to be another point of this story too. God not only seems incapable of predicting the consequences of it's actions (i.e., God had no idea what would become of creation when it created it, and never saw this day coming), but the only way to overcome evil was to snuff the whole living being out. No attempt to dissuade humans from evil is mentioned (never mind animals and plants). Apparently evil is as powerful if not more so than God, which seems to further reduce God's power.
In regards to the account and toward those punished, no. But, toward those offended, yes. And as to the term "love" losing it's definition and luster, that happened a long, long time ago as we've become increasingly desensitized to it's definition and purpose. The term is just that, now; a term. "Love," for the most part, has been diminished to just a term that we abuse in order to get what we desire most. "Love," in many ways, no longer serves as a verb. There's hardly anything any more that distinguishes between the love for a "loved-one" and a favorite song. Today, people invent and live according to their own definition(s) of love.
So what does love mean, according to the Bible? And is God consistently loving by that definition or not? Because you seem to imply God is not consistent with love, only showing it to a select few. At what point does one become the "punished" and all of God's love is permanently withdrawn?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How Christ-like of you.
i'd say "how atheist & homo-like back at ya" but there's no bad behavior irony in it so ya got me on this one:(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How Christ-like of you.
btw - i trust in Christ's righteousness & not my own.

good luck with trusting in your...umm.....righteousness
simplyput

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Child abuse is not a Catholic problem...a religious problem...a non-religious problem...a homosexual problem...a heterosexual problem...it is a human problem.
As long as people want to put all the blame on specific groups of people...we are in the mean time turning a blind eye to the abuse of our children.
Targeting one group only is allowing others to continue unabated.
If you want to help those children...then look at the whole picture.
If you want to bash gays...then please leave the children out of it...you are minimizing the severity of their abuse. You have turned it in to an issue about gays instead of an issue about what is happening to them.
How can you leave our children OUT of it when it is HAPPENING to our children??

You realy sound pitiful and ONE_SIDED. No one is talking just the homosexuals.I have seen several post that states it is also the hetro that do some of it.You make it sound like it is Christians doing this .

NAMBLA just happens to be homosexuals (they SAY they are)and they are MEN wanting young boys, which makes them also PEDOPHILES..is this right? Some of them may want young little girls too, I don't know.. They are fighting for their RIGHTS stating that young boys (young homosexuals now) have a RIGHT to love older MEN.

Whether or not you want to BELIEVE this, it is true.

Organizations like this needs to be STOPPED, it is 'out of hand', our children are suffering.

Nambla MEN takes the young boys, while they are young and vulernable and they end up liking it, they start off slow , so that the young boy comes BACK for more ..then they are hooked.

It then appears the young boy is (born that way) and they grow older and are turned in to a full fledged ADULT homosexual.

There are also Hetro (BI) pedophiles, they like both /or either they don't care. That is another group some have talked about. Another group was the PRIEST Catholic that got caught, that is another group talked about.

All is SICK!, but needs to be investigated and STOPPED.

Christians are trying to do this, and you can BELIEVE that or not.
We will NOT uphold such ACTS!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Omniscience is by definition complete and universal knowledge. If God cannot know the future as a fact, then God cannot be omniscient. And if God is not omniscient, then God cannot be omnipotent either. It's a simple matter of definition. What you are talking about is not omniscience but prediction, which is simply an educated guess, based on knowledge of the past.
God is often characterized in the Bible as surprised, angry, and disappointed, so I'd agree with you that there is much Biblical evidence that God could not be omniscient. As I pointed out vis a vis the Genesis flood, such a horrific catastrophe would never have occurred had God been omniscient.
So then the question becomes, how could this deity have created the entire universe? To create the universe God would have had to be more complex and powerful than the universe itself, yet God is not omnipotent. Perhaps another, more powerful deity did it? The Bible itself tacitly acknowledges that other gods exist. It's an interesting idea, at least if you give the Bible credence for it's contents.
you are tireless at trying to smear God's reputation, sata....er....wilderide!

when the devil likes to remind christians of their past, we like to remind him of his future!;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

464 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
King of the hill! (game) (Feb '12) 5 min andet1987 1,239
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min I LOVE TORTURING ATHEISTS 720,581
Last Word + 2 9 min Richies Cool Man Diary 34
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min eyeful 172,327
Buy A-PVP Research Chemicals online, Bath Salts... (Apr '13) 12 min Karter 3
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 12 min Elected by Grace 38,443
Do you Recognize this Man? 16 min Your Attention 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min Dr_Zorderz 256,446
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Chess 532,614
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 10 hr Helga 72
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••