Location hidden

#495741 Feb 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart move
People try to drag others down into the hole they are in
(a good Bob Dylan song about that btw)
(T) Peace brother
Hello Skom, you're right, it's just another form of 'misery loves company'.

Peace.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#495743 Feb 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel as if I am in the middle of a witch hunt.
I have gone out of my way not to blame Christianity. I have stated more than once that I respect their rights to call whatever they want a sin...haven't said bad things about them voting against same-sex marriage. I have not advocated the destruction of their churches nor their faith.
All that I have said is that all groups of people can have good and bad. No one group holds that patent on that.
Somehow though it has been turned in to that I support child abuse.
sigh
I think that it is time to move on. When I came here I had hope that we could share those things that we had in common instead of just our differences. I believed that at one time.
Now...I don't think so. The cost is too high...
It has become a source of sadness for me...I don't need that in my life.
They can read...some of them just determine what you have written before they read it. I am tired of having to explain to some what it is they didn't read.
Time for a vacation...I think...
I think it is time to look for a thread where people will read and actually respond to what has been written.
Wait...does that exist???
I'm sorry, what? You said something about witches?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#495744 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Insults are beneath you, Catch.
You believe that Clearwater's wife used to be a lesbian but found Jesus who saved her and made her heterosexual?

And you also believe that Clearwater himself was "on the path" to homosexuality (whatever that may mean) but he too was saved by Christianity?

What insult?

The only insult I may have made, if it is an insult, is to suggest that Clearwater's story doesn't hold water. And I'm not calling him a liar--he may well have convinced himself of the truth of his story for all I know. I'm not judging him, but just stating that I don't believe you can poof away homosexuality with a little whiff of Jesus.

And while I have you here, what about my question to you about the "homosexuals are perverts" folks? For such a prolific poster, you have certainly remained silent about it, just like the vast majority of your Christian cohort here.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#495746 Feb 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. nice. As Annie so eloquently posted, child abuse is a human problem ..
Child abuse IS a Human problem, that we ALL need to take on to STOP. It is catching some of these perverted organizations and putting a stop to them-- that will help.
Whether any of you gays and lesbos believe this, or not.

It takes us ALL

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#495747 Feb 27, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Mam,
I do have a lot of distress over such organizations. I work very hard in keeping an eye on all this type of evil. I am in a position that I can keep an eye on this and I will uphold that position to the best of my ability.
I just happen to be a Christian and in this position--which is a rare combination. I will still do the very best, with God's help.
And God Bless to you too.
Some - can I say - are blessed with a rare combination of... it makes for true action where others must and do remain in faith.
Do you mind sharing that 'position'... as you already know mine is a peace warrior, and has been all my life.
Even that... is abused these days! Taken so lightly when it carries a lot of responsibility.
Take Care and His Love and Peace be your Comfort.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#495748 Feb 27, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe so form the little I've seen since on TV.
It wasn't til after I read this, your post, that I even looked up briefly... and didn't know he had been stood down. But Ja... I will not detract from him, the work he is doing and has done.
Purpose of the great pyramid...?
Strangely enough I have been too caught up with my work to go into such too much. I do believe tho...'more than a tomb'. My education does not come out of books first, but experience where proof has been witnessed, and then found verified... even years later.
eg. as this door
'Any' predictions... I have noted thru time...
Mostly when writing... these type... some even followed up 'geographically'... never having been there in this life... to find they are exactly as I wrote! Very alarmingly accurate too.
Other types... have come true.... in my future. Or even when called to help police. Life threatened due to accuracy there too! Sadly, have been cast out of the church family due to such, but, no-one can change the truth... and I have no qualms about being Christian. Just 'pity' those who rob themselves of the experience of sharing such realities.
Old and New Testament at least share that available knowledge.
YA. Fair enough.
I can not believe that structure is in any way a "tomb" either.
It is sad that you suffer such prejudice due to others fear and lack of understanding. I do understand your plight.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#495749 Feb 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
sigh...once again...
My original post was to someone that said all child abuse was due to the homosexual and bi-sexuals.
I did not say "Christians bashing gays"...that was not brought up. I don't even know if that poster is Christian or not. I did not say "if you as a Christian want to bash gays". That is a word that you put in there...not me. If I had of wanted to put it in there...I would have.
You think that I have turned against you because I stood up for what I believe. If you think that is turning against...that is your problem...not mine.
You are putting words in to my posts that are not there. My objection has never been because someone is Christian it has been about the ugly, vile and nasty words that have been used by some.
It is the words that I have objected to...not who is saying them. I wouldn't care if it was a Buddhist, Hindu, atheist, pagan...I would stand up and object.
Think however what you want...put all the words that you want me to have said in my posts...I no longer care nor will I try to explain again.
:)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#495752 Feb 27, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel as if I am in the middle of a witch hunt.
I have gone out of my way not to blame Christianity. I have stated more than once that I respect their rights to call whatever they want a sin...haven't said bad things about them voting against same-sex marriage. I have not advocated the destruction of their churches nor their faith.
All that I have said is that all groups of people can have good and bad. No one group holds that patent on that.
Somehow though it has been turned in to that I support child abuse.
sigh
I think that it is time to move on. When I came here I had hope that we could share those things that we had in common instead of just our differences. I believed that at one time.
Now...I don't think so. The cost is too high...
It has become a source of sadness for me...I don't need that in my life.
They can read...some of them just determine what you have written before they read it. I am tired of having to explain to some what it is they didn't read.
Time for a vacation...I think...
I think it is time to look for a thread where people will read and actually respond to what has been written.
Wait...does that exist???
.. ha*ha*ha. Just know, myself and many other posters are here to support you ..

.. please, don't leave. I would miss you ..

<< sliding pair of stiletto heels towards Annie >>

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-2759213/stock...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#495753 Feb 27, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Nawww.......you wouldn't die my sister, it'll just take you a short time for you to adjust to it.
Blessings and mile weather unto you, lol.(c:
Now that... reached me by a mile.

Shallow Waters

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#495754 Feb 27, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
dr Shrink humble advice to you Annie,
is sincerely, truthfull and dr Shrink care about your mental conditions,preasures, and attackts of all those 'saints" claiming selfishly that they are able to cheat God in their old ages(but life was full of immorality,drugs, alcohol,adulteries,greed) Now they believe if they will mock you,bring people like you on the brink of mental failure,
IN REWARD THEY GO TO HEAVE?
BUT QUESTION IS? WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO IN HEAVEN?insult angels, or others like them?
Annie take 4 month free vacation,find good thread, and never depart from handsome boy like dr Shrink
good bye my little confused daughter
~~grin~~

Dr Shrink!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#495755 Feb 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! No kidding.
<quoted text>
Oh dear. Well, if they are that determined to remove themselves from the gene pool, then I heartily endorse it.
Haahaa. Yeah, I guess it could be seen as [email protected] gene pool.

I cut a good bit of trees/wood. There are certain times of the year I am in some heavy forest.

There have been a few times I've been approached and asked if I ever run across Copperheads or Rattlesnakes, and if I do, to get in touch with the person who approached me, and that he'd pay for them if I catch them. I just nod, say I'll keep an eye out take the number and go on.

People find it hard to believe that this (still) happens.

I grew up here, it's been a "spoken but unspoken" element within some circles for as long as I can remember. Almost like an underworld, they have certain phrases and comments they'll make in order to "let others know", that they are Christians who practice that brand of faith.

This came up on another thread back when the man died up in West Virginia a while back.

Talked about it here: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

And here: http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

I notice in one of the posts I mention it had came up even earlier, but I couldn't find the post being referred to.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#495757 Feb 27, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Mam,
I do have a lot of distress over such organizations. I work very hard in keeping an eye on all this type of evil. I am in a position that I can keep an eye on this and I will uphold that position to the best of my ability.
I just happen to be a Christian and in this position--which is a rare combination. I will still do the very best, with God's help.
And God Bless to you too.
.. are you keeping an eye out for the evil of White Supremacy ??..

.. or, will you continue supporting Adam knowing how he feels about Jews, Blacks and Hispanics? Why hasn't any Christian stepped forward to challenge him? Am I to assume you approve of his politics ??..
endtime

AOL

#495758 Feb 27, 2013

----#---- NEXT POPE is ANTICHRIST

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#495759 Feb 27, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> YA. Fair enough.
I can not believe that structure is in any way a "tomb" either.
It is sad that you suffer such prejudice due to others fear and lack of understanding. I do understand your plight.
It is no 'plight' my friend... it is a 'freedom'!
Great sharing... thank you.
What's next?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#495762 Feb 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
You believe that Clearwater's wife used to be a lesbian but found Jesus who saved her and made her heterosexual?
Nope.
And you also believe that Clearwater himself was "on the path" to homosexuality (whatever that may mean) but he too was saved by Christianity?
Nope.
What insult?
You claim to be all about equality, Catch. Show it.

You're not stupid, you know that to call an anti-gay persons wife a lesbian is intended as an insult.

Not that it's insulting to be lesbian, but look where your target was.

Some Mexicans don't mind being called beaners (Al) while others get real pissed off.

Know your audience, then I'll believe you that you weren't trying to he insulting.
The only insult I may have made, if it is an insult, is to suggest that Clearwater's story doesn't hold water. And I'm not calling him a liar--he may well have convinced himself of the truth of his story for all I know. I'm not judging him, but just stating that I don't believe you can poof away homosexuality with a little whiff of Jesus.
Again, you meant it as an insult. Clearwater is anti-gay, you know that. Calling his lady a lesbian was meant as an insult.
And while I have you here, what about my question to you about the "homosexuals are perverts" folks? For such a prolific poster, you have certainly remained silent about it, just like the vast majority of your Christian cohort here.
I answered your question already. I didn't see the post.

I have fought WITH you on occasion against anti-gays or homophobes.

I have fought WITH you against molester bullshit.

Don't get all pissy on me.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#495763 Feb 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you must know the truth, I'm the one who questioned Mr. Clearwater's allegation concerning Mrs. Clearwater's lesbianism in PM's with Catcher. He was buying Mr. Clearwater's story hook, line and sinker. I wasn't, told him why the story didn't make sense to me ..
.. it's all too convenient. Mr. Clearwater has homosexual tendencies, Mrs. Clearwater is an x-lesbian, his brother-in-law died from alcoholism? Conclusion: if you turn your life over to Jesus, you won't be gay and you'll live ..
.. why, Mr. Clearwater could be the poster boy for Evangelical Christianity ..
.. can you prove Fedora isn't a lesbian ??..
You must not really know many Christians dear. Some people come to faith in Christ latter in life and it matters not a bit who they are or what they did before. The old is gone, the new has come. Early on my wife told me to share her story with whoever, wherever. Point is in Christ. Btw, not sure about my brother-in-law. Most of his life was lived without Christ. Our hope is before he left this world he said yes, we don't know. What is known is his death at a young age of 51 happened because he made a choice to destroy his body.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#495764 Feb 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. are you keeping an eye out for the evil of White Supremacy ??..
.. or, will you continue supporting Adam knowing how he feels about Jews, Blacks and Hispanics? Why hasn't any Christian stepped forward to challenge him? Am I to assume you approve of his politics ??..
Ugh....

I DOD challenge Adam. Maybe 50-100 posts ago. What he said was too sick to ignore.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#495765 Feb 27, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You have an open mind, that a real good thing.
Is a open mind that left me completely unsatisfied with buddhism, even though the meditation and mind soothing exercise really gave cause a sense of inner and mental health.
But I just could not overcome the atheistic foundation of the sect. So buddhism seem as unbelievable to me now as Christianity may seem unbelievable to you.
this billboard won't help. last yr around this time when I first came on the billboard, I ask these Jesus followers what made Christianity different than any other religions.
Some say fruits of the Spirit..love kindness temperate. but other religions can show that. some say Jesus, but so what, Siddhartha Gautama and Mohammed were great teachers to, what made Jesus different?
They could not answer me. they tried, but they could not. Anyway I was very knowledgeable of the bible growing up, so is a lot of things I already know that they did not say.
What it come down to writer, is a personal experience with the Spirit of God, which come through a process called Baptism of the Holy Spirit.
That is the start. and then when you start to trust and put you confidence in the what God promise in His word, and you see them happening all around you, then you can't deny. and the more you trust, the more anointing of God's Spirit happen to you, so you belief just turn into a steel like fortress.
Is a matter of trust. That the most important thing, trust. So can you trust in a being that requires faith to establish its realty?
Many cannot. but when that realty is established, not even what you see in your house or apartment right now, is more real than God.
But it start with faith. no faith, no trust. no trust, can't know God.
If you was part of the Christian religion before, it become much harder. because many former Christians mistake a religion, with experiencing and knowing YHWH through Jesus. and when that no happen because they join a religion, they get bitter, angry, frustrated, lose hope, and those people find it hard even impossible to come back.
unfortunately, although you no believe in it, but religion will cause a lot of people to end up in hell.
I try to keep an open mind, but I'll admit I can be quite harsh when it comes to offering up my opinions or thought concerning religions and deity worship.

I do try to keep it as reasoned as I can or give the chance for opposing view as much as possible, but I can be passionate about it.

This doesn't excuse away or negate anything I might say, but as an atheist, there isn't much you as a theist can say to me that hasn't been said or thought of me, and that's okay, because I do know what kind of person I am.

I think any Christian here should keep that thought in mind, too.

If I say something, and it does not apply to you, then I am obviously not talking about you.

The flip side of that, is if you decide to "take on the mantle", of all of Christianity or any religion that may be being discussed, then every comment that I make, will be towards you.

But, my intent is not intended as malice towards the individual, and I know it sometimes comes across that way.

(Okay, sometimes my comments are aimed directly at an individual, there are exceptions)

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#495767 Feb 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. if you must know the truth, I'm the one who questioned Mr. Clearwater's allegation concerning Mrs. Clearwater's lesbianism in PM's with Catcher. He was buying Mr. Clearwater's story hook, line and sinker. I wasn't, told him why the story didn't make sense to me ..
.. it's all too convenient. Mr. Clearwater has homosexual tendencies, Mrs. Clearwater is an x-lesbian, his brother-in-law died from alcoholism? Conclusion: if you turn your life over to Jesus, you won't be gay and you'll live ..
.. why, Mr. Clearwater could be the poster boy for Evangelical Christianity ..
.. can you prove Fedora isn't a lesbian ??..
Btw when I first shared this back in 07 I was told my wife would leave me. About the same crap Catcher posted becasue he hates Christ and people that no longer live the worlds way, by the flesh. Still has not happened. It's been 14 years, glory to God.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#495769 Feb 27, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that... reached me by a mile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Hh0ShiPrns0XX
Shallow Waters
OOPS.........I meant MILD not mile.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min Worth Repeating 31,361
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Seentheotherside 687,381
Florida Residents Warned They'll Be Ticketed Fo... 29 min Black Flag 4
skype usernames for dirty skyping;) and usernam... (Aug '14) 1 hr Will lowe 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Seentheotherside 6,491
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Lol U suck big D 286,597
Does a cell Phone still ring if a battery has g... (Oct '07) 3 hr Unicorn2331 35
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr dotard tracker 987,387
More from around the web