Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it's about time a believer call out this pestilence known as Dr. Shrink instead of encouraging him ..
.. kudos ..
I'd speak out against him, but he owns me..........

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon amie, thank you for your comments. We are curious to know your meaning of Church? Do you mean the institution? The leadership perhaps? What of the dogma and doctrines?
I mean the traditions and teachings of Christianity, its culture, its mythology, its rituals, its iconography, its history, and other abstractions.

I also mean the clergy that administers it, and the body of believers that underwrite it and who think, speak, and vote according to their dicta.

And for Dim and other excessively concrete thinkers, I'll include the buildings.
Seraphine wrote:
Not all Christians are the same however I will venture to say that many of them see us as too liberal and that is an opinion nothing more, nothing less.
Yes, I know. I think most Christians would be better people without the church steering them. Jesus was a radical liberal, for example, but few Christians are - at least in America, the case I know best. The church is conservative - the clergy, that is - and mostly teaches the faithful to be the same. Have you seen them railing against public health care in America?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of you Christians have to admit that you're secretly loving at least some of what we heathens bring to the mix, which you have rarely or never seen.
I think "loving" might be a bit strong but if they are honest...you guys did bring some good side affects.

Before you guys showed up...they were at each others throats. When the "bad" show up...it unites them in a common cause. It brings unity among them.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Here For Now wrote:
for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Actually, I pretty much insist on that. Ask Dim.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
I don't know. I'm assuming he was born stupid, which would make it not his fault. However, given everything we've read from Skom, it's possible he worked really, really hard to become so unthinking and willfully ignorant.
I don't hold Dim blameless.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I agree.
But still...
When I see it used as a weapon against Annie, and not just her, because you see that everywhere and frequently, it raises my ire.
You know it occurs to me that there are those within Christianity that employ these methods of "divinely authorized" shame and coercion against people, including their own members and former members and I see that Annie is quite capable of speaking for herself. I don't know her. But I do in some small and different way, understand how it must be for her, if you recall a conversation we've had in the past.
So yeah, I agree, why give them a platform to even mention their warped views about what they feel all others should accept - because of "divine decree" - and that they know exactly the mind of a deity they claim is all loving, then claim that to be their noble intent.
While they swing a club.
I'll try to refrain and exhibit restraint.
There are other topics I'd much rather address here.
:-)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Guilt. some of it is that they no have nothing better to do, but is mostly guilt that bring them back to the billboard.
Because most them come from the religion Christianity. They know what the bible say in store for them when they die rejecting Jesus Christ.
So they here with they conscience full of guilt shame and condemnation, and trying to find one Christian, anywhere in all of topix land, that will give them even a crumb or sand grain of hope that they won't face what Jesus Christ say they will face when they die, and most of them old and no have much longer in this existence.
and when you see the desperation in they writing and how insecure they is about secular humanism, it sad.
thing is even when they find even one Christian...[and I no think they find that Christian on this billboard]
...that give them that sand grain of hope that they won't be condemned to eternal terror in they rejection of Jesus Christ, they still not satisfied. because [fear]is a drug. and no matter if they find that one christian that give them a tiny hope that they no have to face what the bible say, they can't stop the gnawing and gnashing of teeth sense in they stomach, that Jesus Christ is real and will follow through on the bible punishment for them.
Christianity OWNS them. Thing is they put the chain around they own neck. sad indeed.
This is always one of the most ridiculous arguments that some Christians present,.

There is no logic utilized by the Christian when they state this, and it is approximately this:

An atheist knows there is a deity, and further, that the atheist truly knows it's the Jesus! that is THE deity, and that atheists think by denying that the Jesus! is "god"...

We will escape the "punishment", that we certainly know we'll get by denying the Jesus!

hahaa

What a hoot. You just have to laugh.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

The first angel sounded and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood and they were cast upon the earth and the third part of trees were burnt up and all green grass was burnt up.

And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle and on their heads were as it were crown like gold and their faces were as the faces of men.

But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel when he shall begin to sound the mystery of God should be finished as he hath declared to the servant the prophets.

And when they shall finished their testimony the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them and shall overcome them and kill them.

And there was war in heaven;Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels.

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints and to overcome them; and power was given him over all kindreds and tongues and nations.

Saying with a loud voice,Fear God and give glory to him;for the hour of his judgment is come and worship him that made heaven and earth and the sea and the fountains of waters.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
He's not forgiven, just forgotten. To be forgiven, he'd have to beg apology.
Agreed, although I'd say 'beg forgiveness.' An apology would not suffice.

And I'd forgive him if he did. I gave him my word.

But only after he begs. He needs to learn his place.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think "loving" might be a bit strong but if they are honest...you guys did bring some good side affects.
Before you guys showed up...they were at each others throats. When the "bad" show up...it unites them in a common cause. It brings unity among them.
Maybe introspection will be a result, too.

Yeah, I know.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Pilgrim_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Trifecta1, Good post and observations.
Pilgrim_, there is nothing new under the sun. Atheism/Secular Humanism, is old stuff. It may be growing how much people buy it, but more people buying Christianity and Islam to.

Secular Humanism small to no threat. The real threat, come from Islam. Because for the world to do business as one community or one world system, they not going to just need global financial, global industrial, and global technological that here right now...

they going to need a global culture, and global laws. Secular humanism/atheists, no have the power to do that. But if we have a one world religion...then that big step to have one world culture.

And Islam will burn down secular humanism, they can't stand up to Islam. But Christianity can. We have the power and the numbers to stand up to Islam. So you know what coming?, compromise and tolerance, because is mostly Islamic lands that have OIL. Secular humanist no have much oil.

It already start. There are colleges teaching how Islam and Christianity can get along. THAT is the philosophy that should concern you. THAT is what coming. And it should cause you pause and concern.

but secular humanism...weak and old and proven false. Worry about the new thing coming. and make sure you is more of a Jesus Follower, than a Christian.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you offended?
Are you afraid?
Do you fear the maelstrom of molten metal, rock and flames of spiritual deletion?
There is much fear in your words Mr. 1. Fear leads to anger, anger causes rash decisions which may lead to chaos and destruction. Your words are rash and filled with fear Mr. 1. Worse even, you lie and you do so in a desperate attempt to drum up sympathy for yourself and a virtual mob against me. Homosexuals are people, this was never the debate. Homosexuality is a perverted and dispicable act. that's where the debate is.
Don't lie to make yourself look good Mr. Catcher 1, for you will eventually be doing yourself and your pagan band of not so merry men a disservice.
The Zionist Lionist.
Offended by your vile attacks on homosexuals? Yes.

Afraid? Not at all.

Nor am I angry, as you also seem to suggest.

I am determined, defintitely. Determined to ensure that the rights conferred by our Constitution are enjoyed by everybody.

I am also confident that your views will, in the not too distant future, be relegated to the dustbin of bigoted views.

Mark my words, dude: You are on the wrong side of history.
Adam

Oberursel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wanted to know...the info is out there. You have just chosen to concentrate on that which you oppose...those that you hate.
Read the article that I posted...I think that you will find...child abuse is committed by all groups of people.
Think about it Adam...since most rapes are committed against females...who is raping them?
I remember you talked about child molestation. I gave you my infos.
Why should a family father who lives with a woman abuse a little boy?
Unless he is Bi-sexual. I bet all these phedophil scandals in the catholic churches were committed by gay and bi sexual priests.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
This is always one of the most ridiculous arguments that some Christians present,.
There is no logic utilized by the Christian when they state this, and it is approximately this:
An atheist knows there is a deity, and further, that the atheist truly knows it's the Jesus! that is THE deity, and that atheists think by denying that the Jesus! is "god"...
We will escape the "punishment", that we certainly know we'll get by denying the Jesus!
hahaa
keep laughing freethinker. What make me smile at you laughing, is that it will be Jesus Christ, that get the last laugh.

so you keep laughing fella.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
It can stop if you guys back up and not reinvite the subject. If it's brought up again, then I won't be responsible for the upheaval it may cause.
Shalom.
Zionist regime's Secretary of Offense.
.. on this thread, I rarely respond to posts addressing homosexuality. It's not the topic ..

.. you, Adam and Q obsess on the subject. You want the battle, gives you an opportunity to wave your bible, demean a group of people and claim self-righteous indignation ..

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate you, IANS. I pity you.
I pity you for your delusions of grandeur. I pity you for your misdeeds. I pity you for your belief that Christians are evil people. I pity you for your indoctrination into atheism. I pity you for not believing in "live and let live".
Lastly, I pity you for choosing a gay little red bear as your avatar :)
I don't hate you.
Mark 12:31 The second is this:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
RR, what went on over there in that Riverside trailer park?

Even the dog was stabbed?

I pity you dude, having to live there.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>keep laughing freethinker. What make me smile at you laughing, is that it will be Jesus Christ, that get the last laugh.
so you keep laughing fella.
Thanks for your permission.

<wipes a tear>
Adam

Oberursel, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Your location says Germany.
Just where in Germany?
"The Evangelical Church in the Rhineland, the second largest Protestant Church in Germany, is the latest church body to apologize to victims of sexual abuse in their institutions.
The vice-president of the church, Petra Bosse-Huber, said on March 22 in Duesseldorf,“We are ashamed and upset that such infringements apparently also happened in our church and in our social welfare department. We ask the victims for forgiveness.”
Her apology came just days after Pope Benedict XVI apologized for abuses that had occurred in Roman Catholic institutions in Ireland and been kept under wraps for decades. Irish bishops, Benedict said, had “failed, at times grievously, to apply the long-established norms of canon law to the crime of child abuse,” thus enabling abusers to strike again.
http://www.christiancentury.org/article/2010-...
That seems to be a fairly major development. In Germany.
A Google search looking at abuses within the Protestant Church...
https://www.google.com/search...
In Germany.
Don't take my word for it. Look for yourselves.
My location is where my provider says where I am. Frankfurt am Main
in the Rhein-Main area.

I cannot comment on that. Should it be the case, then is surely the devil in the details.

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>well stated.
Thank you, writer.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaa
another point. I sincerely believe you Don't know that only through Jesus Christ can the one true God YHWH be accessed.

I truly think you don't know that. its just the idea that it may be true, is enough for Christianity to OWN you.

You no see secular humanist who mostly in europe argue with Islam about allah so much. And Islam huge in europe. But you see them argue with Christianity though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

536 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Stilgar Fifrawi 720,314
Last Word + 2 5 min andet1987 25
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min shyam 4,564
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 7 min andet1987 162
Why was the cities of sodom and gomorrah burnt ... 10 min yon 8
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min Dr_Zorderz 256,404
SIGN of the end-times: the spread of homosexuality 12 min andet1987 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min Strength and Honor 172,282
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min June VanDerMark 532,475
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••