Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#495374 Feb 27, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Apostle Peter: "But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves."
He was refering to Paul.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#495375 Feb 27, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
you want some kind of consideration for the church that prints billions of copies of that and leaves them in every hotel room? I don't think so. I have no duty to give your church more than it gave people like me. And with conversations like these, I hope to convince others to see the merit of that attitude.
Poor Mr Grumpy is a victim of persecution and prejudice because someone dared put a Bible in his hotel room :D

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#495376 Feb 27, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem HFY, you've certainly earned it..........
Oh, I know. What, with all your thoughtless, baseless assertions?
Henry

Mühlhausen, Germany

#495377 Feb 27, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
February 27, 2013
Wednesday of the Second Week of Lent
Jer 18:18-20
The people of Judah and the citizens of Jerusalem said,
“Come, let us contrive a plot against Jeremiah.
It will not mean the loss of instruction from the priests,
nor of counsel from the wise, nor of messages from the prophets.
And so, let us destroy him by his own tongue;
let us carefully note his every word.”
Heed me, O LORD,
and listen to what my adversaries say.
Must good be repaid with evil
that they should dig a pit to take my life?
Remember that I stood before you
to speak in their behalf,
to turn away your wrath from them.
As long as the myths of thousands of socalled gods have not left the uneducated masses, humanity is terrible threadened with extinction. The nuclear threat is now welding mankind like a deadly sword, it is sure to extinguish.

Location hidden

#495378 Feb 27, 2013
Oh here we go again, more gay activism (head slap).

Location hidden

#495379 Feb 27, 2013
The title of the thread is Why Should Jesus Love Me? Please meditate on the Prince of Peace and how we can become more like Him.

Some stable somewhere

#495380 Feb 27, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>South Africa has among the highest incidences of rape in the world. I saw a couple reports which said that it was the highest in the world with sexual violence against women, children and babies... and a high incidence of sexual violence coming from family members, like their father.
So yes, there is social inequality in SA. BUT... The reason why HIV/AIDS is the highest in the world in SA is because it is passed along quickly through ONE OF THE HIGHEST INCIDENCES OF rape in the world.... and women are twice as likely to get the infection from men rather than transmit it to men.
That is in part why the women/men AIDS ratio is higher in women over there. It's because of HIV/AIDS xmssion through a rape pandemic there.
==========
We've already discussed HIV/AIDS is extremly higher amongst gays rather than heteros in the U.S.... and HIV/AIDS quickly passes along effectively through the anal canal more so than heterosex. Now come to find out through some recent posts, most gays don't classify themselves as BISEXUALS "even" if they have sex with the opposite sex!... but that, in part, is how it makes it jump here in the U.S. from gay community to heteros in the U.S. In SA it is through a pandemic of Rape.
Read a report that there are no documented lesbian/lesbian transmissions but then a few sentences later it said that it could be passed on through vaginal secretions and menstruation...this is the CDC who said this.
Yes, high incidence of rape. Not the highest, but perhaps in "stable" societies, the highest.

No, HIV transmission is not mostly due to rape. It's almost entirely due to the working conditions and inequality of the sexes (which also causes the high incidence of rape).

In SSA and SA, labor is seasonal. Men are migrant workers, moving around without their families. Men control money - women have little access to monetary resources. That means men have multiple partners because they want and need to, as they are on the move throughout the year. It means women have multiple boyfriends because their men are unable to stay in one place.

This is the labor environment set up by the colonial period - SSA suffers still from it.

If you like, I can point you to over 50 000 pages of literature on the subject.

Some stable somewhere

#495381 Feb 27, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonjour mon amie, thank you. Chess sharpes the mind and teaches patience our games go on for hours because we know eachother too well. Pottery is beautiful and well it is a craft that requires attention to detail. Like what I do.
Very close to what you do! But you are more skilled, I think, than most potters :)

You need to "know" the painter to bring out their painting. Potters can just let the clay tell them what to do.

Some stable somewhere

#495382 Feb 27, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>GOD isn't hiding :)
Sometimes He wishes He was :)

Some stable somewhere

#495383 Feb 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding never claimed she was god.
I like surprises.

Some stable somewhere

#495384 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
No, but she's gotten pretty close at times..........
God and I stopped going for coffee a while ago. I'd say we're not that close anymore, not since He had that problem.

Some stable somewhere

#495385 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
No, but she's gotten pretty close at times..........
It's always the lesser intellects that are so upset by me. Insecure, you feel so threatened that all you are capable of is attacking me over and over.

Me? I just mark another notch on the belt. Thanks.

Some stable somewhere

#495386 Feb 27, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not entirely accurate.
But she wasn't being serious.
I can't tell you whether or not anyone worships her, seriously.
Don't you remember?

I'm a sentient umbrella. Certainly not a god!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#495387 Feb 27, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Indeed we are all responsible for what we write
Yep. You, too. And you will be held accountable for it.
Skombolis wrote:
Show that people use dishonest tactics and hate and bigotry and keep holding that mirror up to their face and eventually those with any integrity will stop.
You haven't even slowed down. And as a physician, I'm using high tech "mirrors"
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Tryi6mNideY/URAJwCB...

==========

ATTN all Christians:

Some of you Christians have to admit that you're secretly loving at least some of what we heathens bring to the mix, which you have rarely or never seen. It was Peace_Warrior that just wrote, "But in the time I have been here I sure have been 'surprised'- shocked - astounded - saddened - and almost anything new in the English language I have learned which I have never read, nor heard from peoples lips."

For some of you, it must be like the Amish going to the city - they have to pretend to be offended, but they are secretly fascinated. Maybe it's a guilty pleasure, but I'm sure that you're enthralled by this aspect of culture that you have censored from your lives. Now, you get to enjoy it - it's not your fault if we flash it at you. You didn't ask for it.

Dim is too lifeless and sexless to care, but I'll bet Juicy is eating it up. That tattoo of hers makes me think that she was the type attracted to the bad boys, and still is at least a little. That's part of who we are.

When and where will you see this again? Glad to be of service. From the pen of the poet:

Well, they showed you a statue, told you to pray.
They built you a temple and locked you away.
Aw, but they never told you the price that you pay
for things that you might have done.

Some stable somewhere

#495388 Feb 27, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, I thought I was Hiding.
Now I'm just confused.
Am I God too?
Yes to both.
Henry

Mühlhausen, Germany

#495389 Feb 27, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
February 27, 2013
Wednesday of the Second Week of Lent
Jer 18:18-20
The people of Judah and the citizens of Jerusalem said,
“Come, let us contrive a plot against Jeremiah.
It will not mean the loss of instruction from the priests,
nor of counsel from the wise, nor of messages from the prophets.
And so, let us destroy him by his own tongue;
let us carefully note his every word.”
Heed me, O LORD,
and listen to what my adversaries say.
Must good be repaid with evil
that they should dig a pit to take my life?
Remember that I stood before you
to speak in their behalf,
to turn away your wrath from them.
How should a nonexisting myth still rule over billions of uneducated masses? People don`t need besides the powers of nature an additional thread for survival! But the nuclear power is a deadly weapon for the selfdestruction!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#495390 Feb 27, 2013
Incidentally, THIS is what the Internet is doing for cross-enculturation. The social barriers erected in the past to impede the flow of information are all pierced with this. People see it all now, which is an excellent thing, from Wikileaks to exposing the Catholic pedophile problem to exposures like these here on message boards. Control of information is our enemy, and the friend of our exploiters.
<quoted text>
Yep. You, too. And you will be held accountable for it.
<quoted text>
You haven't even slowed down. And as a physician, I'm using high tech "mirrors"
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Tryi6mNideY/URAJwCB...
==========
ATTN all Christians:
Some of you Christians have to admit that you're secretly loving at least some of what we heathens bring to the mix, which you have rarely or never seen. It was Peace_Warrior that just wrote, "But in the time I have been here I sure have been 'surprised'- shocked - astounded - saddened - and almost anything new in the English language I have learned which I have never read, nor heard from peoples lips."
For some of you, it must be like the Amish going to the city - they have to pretend to be offended, but they are secretly fascinated. Maybe it's a guilty pleasure, but I'm sure that you're enthralled by this aspect of culture that you have censored from your lives. Now, you get to enjoy it - it's not your fault if we flash it at you. You didn't ask for it.
Dim is too lifeless and sexless to care, but I'll bet Juicy is eating it up. That tattoo of hers makes me think that she was the type attracted to the bad boys, and still is at least a little. That's part of who we are.
When and where will you see this again? Glad to be of service. From the pen of the poet:
Well, they showed you a statue, told you to pray.
They built you a temple and locked you away.
Aw, but they never told you the price that you pay
for things that you might have done.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#495391 Feb 27, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I remember Frankenstein well. I'm 58 years old. And no, I've never played Frankenstein, but we did do Rock And Roll Hootchie Coo.
Maybe you might like some technical input on Frankenstein. Most of those Na's are upbeats in the first measure, then downbeats in the second. In 4/4 time :
/|||/-|| 0 -
Where | is a quarter note,/ an eighth, 0 a half, and - a measure divider.
This is the same sound as in ZZ Top’s La Grange
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Vppbdf-qtGUXX
/|||||//|/
And you'll hear it in a lot of John Lee Hooker Detroit blues stuff. Notice the heavy upbeat in this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
It’s called “an upbeat” because when you’re strumming down-up down-up down-up down-up down-up down-up for 1-and-2-and-3-and-4-and, you’re mostly strumming on the way up, on the “and”s.
<quoted text>
We covered Ten Years Gone from Zep, and Comfortably Numb and Brain Damage from Pink Floyd. I did a few Elton John songs, but not with the band. I liked Tiny Dancer ("The words she knows, the tune she hums") and Rocket Man ("all this science, I don't understand ... It's just my job five days a week") best.
As for the Allman Brothers, we did a ton of their songs - Blue Sky, Melissa, Aint Wastin Time No More, Stormy Monday, Jelly Jelly, Southbound, Get On With Your Life, Seven Turns, Come And Go Blues, It Aint Over Yet, Low Down Dirty Mean and many renditions of In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed.
Thanks for sharing. That music is dear to me.
Thanks for the Guitar Lesson Doc....I see Music is important to you.....

:-)

Some stable somewhere

#495392 Feb 27, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Beg apology? HA-- to who YOU, IAN?? None of us Christians will go to ANY Atheist. You are so laughable and pathetic.
You have no idea what a Christian is, and the sad thing , you are young and have no respect worth in you, this is SAD.
I just wonder what your parents are like, they might not know how you speak, and how hateful you are.
You and Ian and the likes of you two are dispicable!
First, "dispicable" is spelled "despicable."

Second, the above is a fine example of divisiveness and hatred for others. Thanks for that. Why are you like this? Why do you hate people who don't share your point of view?

Most Christians aren't like you - they have no problems with people who don't share your religion. It's you extremists who make the world a worse place. You're so insecure about your religion that any critique drives you made.

If you honestly worshiped the only perfect being in the universe - the only all loving being - why are you so full of hatred that you would write the above? That you would hate anyone not like you?

Some stable somewhere

#495393 Feb 27, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Hello
Hey Mike.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min Phooey 683,530
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 12 min Clearwater 15,196
Venting Against FAKE Americans 38 min Well Hello 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 50 min Gabriel 982,999
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 1 hr Unga Bunga Malunga 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dees Nhutz 286,521
Tribute Wife's DDD's! 4 hr Orangestar4189 1
More from around the web