Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#495254 Feb 26, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Genesis 6:1-9
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
The primary issue was that man's "seed" became corrupted. During this time, only Noah and his family remained free from this pollution. This is why it's written that Noah was "perfect in his generations." Noah, and his sons by extension, were still 100% Adamites. When the most High gave man "120 years," it was from the moment of this pronouncement that the flood would come. The primary reason for the flood, though, was to eradicate this new "seed" brought forth from the interbreeding between angels and women. The secondary reason was to put an end to the self-destructive path of man. As it's written, "..the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

QUESTION: Was the flood an act of love?

ANSWER: It was toward Noah and his descendants just as much as it is when our own law-enforcement agencies give a criminal a life-sentence, or the death-penalty.
And if I might add...

2Peter 2:5
And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.

The most High didn't destroy our ancient world without warning. In the 120 years given before the flood came, Noah preached to the people. This also serves as an act of love on "God's" part.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#495256 Feb 26, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
faster wilder oscar make from you Homosexual,as you are able to convert this filthy sold soul to devil rambling around past since Internet exist, and blaspheming God with guys like you?
faster wilder oscar make from you Homosexual,as you are able to convert this filthy sold soul to devil rambling around past since Internet exist, and blaspheming God with guys like you?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#495258 Feb 26, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
You already know... "suffer the little children".
Do you work with them also?
Not now, no.

Many years ago I was the Executive Director for a 501(c)(3) Not for Profit Organization that specifically helped families with children. That's all we did. We worked with local agencies and state/county resources, too.

I did not work directly with children then, I just ensured the monies were disbursed in accordance with Charter guidelines, and that they impacted the families in the most efficient and beneficial way possible, and looked for children's homes etc., that we could assist. I rarely if ever in most instances saw the families/children that were helped, although the rare occasion did occur.

It was an anonymous hand from out of the dark that helped when all else had been exhausted. It was secular in nature and there were no strings attached other than there be children that were helped.

Does that count?

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#495260 Feb 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Sora are good examples. Too bad that you are so atypical for your church. It doesn't seem to have influenced you at all. How could anybody object to religion as you live it?
You other Christians that want to blame everybody but yourselves, please note this. If you could be good neighbors like this, we wouldn't have so much cause to denounce your church and the way it makes so many of you. It's you Dim and Trifecta, not jealously or insecurity as you suggest when trying to divert criticism. You are neither a threat nor possessors of anything enviable.
Nobody here hates Christians for being Christians. We have a problem with the kind of people that most of you have allowed yourselves to become. You've let yourselves go intellectually and morally. We need many fewer of you being led by the nose into homophobia, atheophobia, and antiscientism for starters.
People like Sora and Seraphime aren't made by the church. They seem to have transcended its worst influences. Congratulations. You are welcome neighbors.
Bonsoir mon amie, thank you for your comments. We are curious to know your meaning of Church? Do you mean the institution? The leadership perhaps? What of the dogma and doctrines? Not all Christians are the same however I will venture to say that many of them see us as too liberal and that is an opinion nothing more, nothing less.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#495261 Feb 26, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
During my life young years experience I did have a lot to do with Vedas most ancient scripts describing wars and catastrophic events on this earth,
but if they are truthful stories?
It is possible,
from antidimensioanl realm of Universe without of limits for sure exist vast inteligent energies called in our terms -
it is like visibe Energy of our Universe is + and divine antidimesional is -
without of those 2 forces exist not life not energy,
war between those two powers in ancient time,allow to exist this Universe and Lonely globe to be inhabited by human low shudra population of earth.
without of doubts, Wrindwaloka the Highest Divine Planet is inhabited by EL SHADDAIE,or in Hindu Krishna who maanifest all kind of hands energies to sustain all lifes, balance wars hates,love,and eternaly vibrate to lead everything in the right path of His Unviversal Carousele
without of doubts reflection of EL SHADAIIE(YESU CHRISTI)will enter in proper time to this milky area to inihalate all those who are without of balanceOF LOVE,
Using His powerful forces of 1 milion nuclear energies will cause all dissaprance without of any human pain
left are going to be those who are under personal subject of HIS RADIANT FACE HA GADOL?
be careful
at first your hear sound,and sounds of wars,vilent huracane,tsunami, hoirible voice of blinking skies, fallen rivers of flaiming consuming fires, and after if you survve,you are able to hear SILENT QUIET VOICE,LIGHT OF LOVE PENETRATING ALL BONES BLOOD AND SOUL, AND ETERNAL EXISTENCY NEW RENEW ANTIDIMENSIONAL BODY ENTERING REALM SPURANDING US AROUND ENERGY PLACE OF - MINUS
TRY TO UNDERSTAND MY POST DIRECTLY SAME LIKE BIBLE PROMISE,ONLY DIFFERENTLY DESCRIBED
I understand what yer say'n here DS.
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#495262 Feb 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Hi, Sora.
We agree here. Especially when it comes to doctrine, and I want to emphasize; Any doctrine. Critical thinking skills are a vital component to ensuring we are making the best decisions possible. We also have to draw upon information from all sources to make those decisions.
<quoted text>I agree.
You can listen to a person or people, and that does not mean you follow them.
Multiple points of view and drawing from that in a reasoned way in my opinion, is a good process.
Bonsoir Monsieur, critical thinking is essential and necessary. I also agree that many sources must be utilized and may I also point out objectivity.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#495263 Feb 26, 2013
<quoted text>
You missed your chance to intercede when it might have mattered. I for one was more than willing to have a more cooperative relationship with the Christians of the thread, but I needed to see a little from people like you somewhere along the way. All Juicy has ever had to do to end our battles was to throw out an olive branch. It would have been the same with Dim.
And any of you Christians could have helped there when it would have mattered. But you didn't. You preferred to watch in silence then when it would have been the right thing to do, so you probably should be silent about the ramifications now, when complaining about them is only to serve yourself.
Here you were a week ago. This was all that you could bring yourself to say then:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
You got what you wanted. So why the buyer's remorse now?
Oh go tell it to someone who might fall for your hogwash. I’m not falling for it. Just because you have a big mouth doesn’t mean what you say is interesting. I hope you know that all your grouchy grouching isn’t taken seriously. You are even laughed at sometimes. I, and I’m sure others,(considering your ugly attitude) don’t care what you think. Now were you to act more like a decent human being…

I didn’t miss my chance at all IANS. I just didn’t. I told you that if I took a stand it would be against all your bigotry and grouchiness. Close enough anyway.

Now go back to you having your fun being disgusting while you can.

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

You don’t have to believe in God for Him to be real. And He is very real.

Location hidden

#495264 Feb 26, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
During my life young years experience I did have a lot to do with Vedas most ancient scripts describing wars and catastrophic events on this earth,
but if they are truthful stories?
It is possible,
from antidimensioanl realm of Universe without of limits for sure exist vast inteligent energies called in our terms -
it is like visibe Energy of our Universe is + and divine antidimesional is -
without of those 2 forces exist not life not energy,
war between those two powers in ancient time,allow to exist this Universe and Lonely globe to be inhabited by human low shudra population of earth.
without of doubts, Wrindwaloka the Highest Divine Planet is inhabited by EL SHADDAIE,or in Hindu Krishna who maanifest all kind of hands energies to sustain all lifes, balance wars hates,love,and eternaly vibrate to lead everything in the right path of His Unviversal Carousele
without of doubts reflection of EL SHADAIIE(YESU CHRISTI)will enter in proper time to this milky area to inihalate all those who are without of balanceOF LOVE,
Using His powerful forces of 1 milion nuclear energies will cause all dissaprance without of any human pain
left are going to be those who are under personal subject of HIS RADIANT FACE HA GADOL?
be careful
at first your hear sound,and sounds of wars,vilent huracane,tsunami, hoirible voice of blinking skies, fallen rivers of flaiming consuming fires, and after if you survve,you are able to hear SILENT QUIET VOICE,LIGHT OF LOVE PENETRATING ALL BONES BLOOD AND SOUL, AND ETERNAL EXISTENCY NEW RENEW ANTIDIMENSIONAL BODY ENTERING REALM SPURANDING US AROUND ENERGY PLACE OF - MINUS
TRY TO UNDERSTAND MY POST DIRECTLY SAME LIKE BIBLE PROMISE,ONLY DIFFERENTLY DESCRIBED
I understand what yer say'n here DS.
Yer probably more read than most here across the board then.

Location hidden

#495265 Feb 26, 2013
Topix server is goin nutz I think.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#495268 Feb 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Topix server is goin nutz I think.
Thanks for letting me know the problem isn't at my end....

Forum errors, no characters, stuff covered up, pages don't open.

“Become Love!”

Nowhere/Now here

#495269 Feb 26, 2013
oscar is your long term cyber friend my dear apostate BLL,

You project and rewrite stolen posts,
what about your holy spirit guiding you to be teacher?
at end display you are LIAR,GROUDGE AND HISPOCRITE.
where is your promise to ignore me as"stupid and nuts" accrding to you and your atheistic idiots or faken christians?

check your sword, because your sword is made in china from WOOD?
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#495270 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are so many Christians so unlike Jesus?
Galatians 5:22-23:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
Shouldn't a faithful Christian demonstrate these traits with some consistency? Indeed, isn't Paul giving a measure of how to identify a true Christian in that passage?
Bonsoir Monsieur, my soulmate and I live these traits. I believe there are more of us who should but many do not instead allowing their personal biases and prejudices to influence their desicions. Jesus was a pacifist and a Humanist. We as human beings have no right to judge or pass judgement on anyone. Yes, Paul is giving the measure and I believe we should strive to be more Christ-like.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#495271 Feb 26, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
How is it not his fault? He is willfully ignorant, and defiantly proud about it. He calls you a bigot for wanting his church to stay out of your life.
I would have pity on this train wreck of a human being if he were humble enough to cease his calumny and beg forgiveness for his offenses of the past. But not under these circumstances. He knows what the terms of engagement are, and he doesn't care. So, he will continue to reap what he sows even as his chorus of enablers wail along with him.
I don't know. I'm assuming he was born stupid, which would make it not his fault. However, given everything we've read from Skom, it's possible he worked really, really hard to become so unthinking and willfully ignorant.

Some stable somewhere

#495272 Feb 26, 2013
<quoted text>
But that didn't stop you from casting aspersions that Hiding was drinking in the morning when it was her nighttime, did it? Nor will you feel any need to apologize to her for your ill manners. Just lay it at the cross and forgive yourself. After all, you're not perfect, just forgiven, right?
He's not forgiven, just forgotten. To be forgiven, he'd have to beg apology.

Some stable somewhere

#495273 Feb 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks. And you point out the bigotry in comparing the two dissimilar states, one a belief, the other something entirely different, a status(as far as bigotry is applied) that is solely due to birth, is appropriate.
In doing that, he has fostered bigotry, in that in his estimation, the one is no different than the other, and also, that he can use bigotry to prove a point and that makes what was done "OK".
As if it was noble.
Dastardly.
<quoted text> You're welcome, but I wouldn't say I did it better, just a different explanation.
Entirely, making all his posts ironic. And kind of laughable.

Some stable somewhere

#495274 Feb 26, 2013
mike wrote:
Why do the children of the christian GOD often worship other GODS, or things?
To get to the other side?

Some stable somewhere

#495275 Feb 26, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'm assuming you're basing this on the "Toba catastrophe" theory. The same exact numbers are presented.
<quoted text>And in our generations, I guess that would all depend on whether or not our bunkers and underground cities haven't been negatively effected. If anything, though, there's already a select few chosen to be protected.
<quoted text>I think it'll depend more on the resources. Skills mean relatively nothing without resources.
<quoted text>Well, I guess that all depends on which movie or SyFy flick you believe is more probable. In the end, though, it'll depend on who's more fit for survival.
Yes, basing it on that. The difference is, they started with very different skillsets.

Yeah, if a functional government existed, it would depend on how they answered the crisis.

Ok...skills + resources.

History doesn't repeat itself like that - different actors, different times, different outcomes. If the world went through total nuclear war, the nations we currently have would cease to exist. If they rebuilt from scratch, the very way in which we understand the world would be lost until future histories pieced some stories together.

Location hidden

#495276 Feb 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for letting me know the problem isn't at my end....
Forum errors, no characters, stuff covered up, pages don't open.
YA!
Ther server got's VD.

Don't stsrt operat'n on yer PC! It ain't you!
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#495277 Feb 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not forgiven, just forgotten. To be forgiven, he'd have to beg apology.
Beg apology? HA-- to who YOU, IAN?? None of us Christians will go to ANY Atheist. You are so laughable and pathetic.

You have no idea what a Christian is, and the sad thing , you are young and have no respect worth in you, this is SAD.

I just wonder what your parents are like, they might not know how you speak, and how hateful you are.
You and Ian and the likes of you two are dispicable!
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#495278 Feb 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Whew... Yeah. A multiple (re)incarnation of the Jesus is quite impossible from my understanding of the myth(as it is currently understood in modern times), and no offense, I do consider it myth. By that I mean I'm not going to argue against that it is possible a human identified or named Jesus may have lived, but the claim to deity I don't think is there, for numerous reasons. I was raised Christian, went/sent to private schools. Good ones, bible classes every day etc... No horror story. I wasn't molested or beaten - physically or mentally - by teachers or the religious institution. Whenever that comes up, concerning my past with Christianity, I feel I must point that out, since, it's often said that I must've had a horrific experience of some sort - "and that's why you are atheist!".
You know, sometimes people come to different conclusions through reason and in that process, do not find anything substantive in deities and/or the religion associated with those deities.
<quoted text> Well, yeah. I think for some people there are some advantages within religion, and I wouldn't dispute that in a sweeping commentary and condemnation concerning all religions.
I do think that sometimes, however, some think there is far more there than actually is. That's not a specific charge against Christianity, btw. I do understand some will think it is. That's fine.
Back to the initial point we are discussing. Maybe it's that expectation of finding some sort of *all encompassing and soothing balm* within mainstream religion and not finding it - because of that expectation of instant nirvana - and then looking about for something that really grabs them.
A charismatic and manipulative leader of a cult might just fit the bill.
That could also apply to religion in general, because I've seen leaders within accepted and *approved* religions that are really successful at tending their flock, and in looking, there is no more advantage available there than in an average and somewhat mundane group at a religious assembly just down the street.
It seems the mind is what creates the value, and if you think the value is fantastic, then you'll feel or think it's fantastic. Even if two identical religious groups are compared, the group with the really inspiring leader and group will appear to be much better when in reality the groups are both exactly the same as far as well being is concerned.
So, if you were to attend a service of each group, one might really seem better, and you'd go there if you were looking for that type of human interaction in a religious setting and becoming a member. Maybe that's where cults draw their power and members. In that look for something special or motivating, they(those people looking for spectacular inspiration) happened to visit a few religious groups that were flat out boring or uninspiring.
The entire process and phenomenon of belief - the how and why or the reasons - it is embraced or accepted within religion and as it applies to religion is a fascinating subject.
Be it cult or otherwise.
I'm interested in your observations and thoughts concerning this.
Good discussion and thought.
Thanks.
Bonsoir Monsieur no offense taken your opinion is your own and you are entitled to it whether I agree or not is of little consequence. In regards to the ones who are often looking for something I liken the cult leaders to birds of prey who go after those who are weak, in this case weak of mind and spirit, weak in the sense they cannot say no. We have seen too much of this. I agree with you too charisma is important but there is more to identifying what a cult is and I can understand why many non-Christians take issue because the fundamentalists have hijacked the message. It has been said of us that if only more Christians are like us I assure you they are out there you just need to look you will not find them in front of a camera.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 2 min old_moose 36,176
How did black people get here ( economically) 31 min Doctor REALITY 60
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min Michael 688,469
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr scienceanswersall 6,540
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr scienceanswersall 988,404
United 175 hit the south [email protected].. 9 hr Doctor REALITY 2
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 9 hr Doctor REALITY 15
More from around the web