Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#495175 Feb 26, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.. it's a hard job but someone has to do it, like taking out the trash..
Great, I feel so much better now that I'm not carrying all that h8te around, I guess being an atheist isn't that great after all and I'm pleased to inform that the sky did indeed forgive my momentary backsliding and filled me with Love once again, gotta Love that sky :D
Blessings dear Bro <3
Good evening JLU, sorry it took me a little while to respond to your post, but the only sky that we need to Bless us is the Lord Jesus Christ, defending to truth from those who are so misguided is like taking out the trash indeed ( the rhetoric they are talking, not the people themselves) it can get very tiresome at times, but as one friend of mine likes to say.......we must never weary of well doing.

Peace my friend.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#495176 Feb 26, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctor Ian or Doctor Teddy....
I DO believe you are around my age. I love the same groups....I loved the Allman Brothers (does Cher's son still play in his Dads group?) and saw "Edgar Winters" in concert....My favorite was "Frankenstein"....Lo ved the begining.....Na..Na...Na...Na. .Na...Na
...Na ...Na...Na...Na.....http://you tu.be/x1mV_5-bRPo
Could you play that on Guitar? Love Led Zep...Pink Floyd...Also saw Elton John in concert. I liked Grateful Dead but didn't follow like the "Dead Heads"
OK....cough....cough...I Better get back
Epiphany2 wrote:
I DO believe you are around my age. I love the same groups....I loved the Allman Brothers (does Cher's son still play in his Dads group?) and saw "Edgar Winters" in concert....My favorite was "Frankenstein"....Lo ved the begining..... Na.Na...Na...Na.Na.Na...Na...N a.......
http://youtu.be/x1mV_5-bRPo
Could you play that on Guitar?
I remember Frankenstein well. I'm 58 years old. And no, I've never played Frankenstein, but we did do Rock And Roll Hootchie Coo.

Maybe you might like some technical input on Frankenstein. Most of those Na's are upbeats in the first measure, then downbeats in the second. In 4/4 time :

/|||/-|| 0 -

Where | is a quarter note,/ an eighth, 0 a half, and - a measure divider.

This is the same sound as in ZZ Top’s La Grange

/|||||//|/

And you'll hear it in a lot of John Lee Hooker Detroit blues stuff. Notice the heavy upbeat in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

It’s called “an upbeat” because when you’re strumming down-up down-up down-up down-up down-up down-up for 1-and-2-and-3-and-4-and, you’re mostly strumming on the way up, on the “and”s.
Epiphany2 wrote:
Love Led Zep...Pink Floyd...Also saw Elton John in concert. I liked Grateful Dead but didn't follow like the "Dead Heads"
OK....cough....cough...I Better get back
We covered Ten Years Gone from Zep, and Comfortably Numb and Brain Damage from Pink Floyd. I did a few Elton John songs, but not with the band. I liked Tiny Dancer ("The words she knows, the tune she hums") and Rocket Man ("all this science, I don't understand ... It's just my job five days a week") best.

As for the Allman Brothers, we did a ton of their songs - Blue Sky, Melissa, Aint Wastin Time No More, Stormy Monday, Jelly Jelly, Southbound, Get On With Your Life, Seven Turns, Come And Go Blues, It Aint Over Yet, Low Down Dirty Mean and many renditions of In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed.

Thanks for sharing. That music is dear to me.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#495177 Feb 26, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Good morning everyone.
OOPS.........I mean good EVENING everyone.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#495179 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you just condemned Leviticus. You have my complete agreement BTW. Any other books you'd like to edit out of the Bible?
You forget in your backsliding or never learned it... that Jesus took those types of ordinances out of the way... the ceremonial and judical parts of the Mosaic law. We use it mostly for reference.
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got some politicized propaganda. What I was looking for was an objective news source to confirm this claim. Anything from the ACLU themselves maybe?
No political agenda necessarily... a biblical one... just that fornications is sin even though people try to pretty it all up.

You mean from Fox News or the "liberal" media?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#495180 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Okay... I guess this is one of those Red-herring thingies... There were different kinds of slaveries... and some of them are not even called that any more as people are simply hired at contract to perform a certain task now-a-days or hired to do some obligatory work.
At that time service "mostly" was more closely related to Employer/employee versus Owner/slave (and there was that too). Then there were debt/bondage where a person owed a debt and instead of going to debtor's prison if he could not pay he would serve until he met his payment.
God isn't into Egypt/Hebrew or American-type of slavery.
Indentured servitude

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#495181 Feb 26, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, it is a good philosophy to have and yes I am sure you shall try it someday or something similar.
Bonsoir mon amie Seraphine, How're you this evening?

“Saved. ”

#495183 Feb 26, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>we must never weary of well doing.
Peace my friend.
(This post was to Illuminatrix) But I must say Amen to this... Amen to The Amen.

Location hidden

#495184 Feb 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
your case isn't gonna be compared to what me and others are doing; it's gonna be measured against how the Son of God lived when He was here. good luck wit dat!
That's deflection son...an yer render'n yer own infidelity null in the process...

That's inequality and prejudice in the eye o' true justice an truth.

“Saved. ”

#495185 Feb 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Indentured servitude
Yep... Now it's more like "I owe.. I owe.. so off to work I go."

"The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender." Proverbs 22:7

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#495186 Feb 26, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
Now you are in the right place,mocking God and blaspheming Him since Internet exist,
with all those demented devil sold immoral souls,never learn only past 20 years mocking,insulting,and spew against Saviour and His Chidren
Your man made cyber gospel is same like their immoral dung gospels without of end
Now you are in the right place,mocking God and blaspheming Him since Internet exist,
with all those demented devil sold immoral souls,never learn only past 20 years mocking,insulting,and spew against Saviour and His Chidren
Your man made cyber gospel is same like their immoral dung gospels without of end

“Saved. ”

#495187 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>You forget in your backsliding or never learned it... that Jesus took those types of ordinances out of the way... the ceremonial and judical parts of the Mosaic law. We use it mostly for reference.
<quoted text>No political agenda necessarily... a biblical one... just that fornications is sin even though people try to pretty it all up.
@ Wilde... Colossians 2:14

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#495188 Feb 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
Not "my" interpretation.
Many examples. Here is just one.
"It was as if the elements had been unleashed. The sun spun round. Scorched by the incandescent heat of the weapon, the world reeled in fever. Elephants were set on fire by the heat and ran to and fro in a frenzy to seek protection from the terrible violence.
The water boiled, the animals died, the enemy was mown down and the raging of the blaze made the trees collapse in rows as in a forest fire. The elephants made a fearful trumpeting and sank dead to the ground over a vast area.
Horses and war chariots were burnt up and the scene looked like the aftermath of a conflagration. Thousands of chariots were destroyed, then deep silence descended on the sea. The winds, began to blow and the earth grew bright. It was a terrible sight to see.
The corpses of the fallen were mutilated by the terrible heat so that they no longer looked like human beings. Never before have we seen such a ghastly weapon and never before have we heard of such a weapon.
++++++++++
another:..."...(the weapon was) a single projectile
charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendor...
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis
And the Andhakas.
... the corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.
... After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
... to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment..."
The Ramayana, Mahabarata and other texts describe ancient wars and advanced weapons and crafts...over 10,000 years ago.
Vitrification is evidence all over this planet of those wars.
This is very interesting. You're speaking about weapons of mas annihilation just before what we generally have in text books and study material as 'recorded history'. You speak of this and I would like to research this more as you are speaking of a time when the Khemet civilization spread far and wide, more than the Persian and the Greco-Macedonian empire several thousands of years later.

Apparently, you are speaking of events that are not about the comet that struck the earth in a most violent fashion about 20000BC or in that neighborhood. And this era that you're speaking of, there also existed a reptilian race too, if I may not be mistaken. Could you please shed some more light on this?

Thanks.

Andrew (CS).

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#495189 Feb 26, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monsieur, my days are all blessed and happy although there have been sad times, God gave me Seraphine to help me through them. Soon I shall tell you if you do not already know, the more I tell people the less it hurts.
Bonsoir Monsieur Sora, I do not know of the sad times you have suffered, but if it really helps you to talk about it, then you are welcome to let me know as I will listen intently sir, just to say that all of us have gone through our trials and tribulations but God is faithful and just to bring us through them and deliver us to victory IN Christ Jesus, to be honest if it was not for him there are days when I may well have lost my sanity and gotten into some serious trouble, but he sustained me and he can do likewise for you and all who have the faith to trust and call upon him.

Peace and Blessings to you my friend.

Location hidden

#495190 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???
Wilder...you know...it just ain't in him to answer a question!
Not honestly anyway.

It's always easier fer waspup ta put the clean robe o' fergiveness on hisself, an then put the dirty robe with his transgressions on someone else.

Might not make 'em any better, but it makes 'em feel better "look'n" clean whilst he makes someone else look dirtier with his own dirty robe.

“Saved. ”

#495191 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to travel around the US protesting against churches who accept gay people and their relationships?
So I guess your answer is a subliminal, yet resounding "no" then.... you will not confront NAMbLA at the conventions or parades.

I tell you what... if I attended, let's say... Carlton Pearson's ministries when he was first starting to backslide and said that gay marriage was okay and there was no such thing as hell... I would ask to speak with him... if he continues that diatribe then eventually i would stand up in the middle of that large congregation and say that he is wrong. If he preaches The Word of God then I will stand up and say Amen.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#495192 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>You forget in your backsliding or never learned it... that Jesus took those types of ordinances out of the way... the ceremonial and judical parts of the Mosaic law. We use it mostly for reference.
I'm afraid you are quite mistaken. Jesus clearly reaffirmed his support of slavery (Luke 12:47-48, Ephesians 6:5, and 1 Timothy 6:1-2).

What do you mean by "use it mostly for reference"? Even if Jesus had not reaffirmed slavery as perfectly moral, all you'd be "referencing" was God's highly inconsistent morality. There is nothing "judicial" about the acceptance of slavery.
No political agenda necessarily... a biblical one... just that fornications is sin even though people try to pretty it all up.
An objective news source. You somehow manged to name two which are neither. Like I said, any comments form the ACLU themselves, i.e. the source? No?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#495193 Feb 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
This THREAD is what I deem it to be. I've only been here for a couple of days and so far I've seen little charity. Serah called me a dickhead and accused me of being mean to her. I'm here. Whether I'm welcome or not means little at this point.
LOL. Well said. And welcome anyway.

We're providing a valuable service to these Christians: Reality Check

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#495194 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
Such words of wisdom in those quotes...what happened???
I am sure that this will surprise some but not you. This song never ceases to bring tears as I listen to the beauty of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8_qFbNskjCIXX
All these are in my music... and so loved too.
I do believe one has to have an Indigenous understanding to appreciate more of what is truly rich, as against... Form what I have always known, they are the things which can never be bought and the soul holds onto those pearls of wisdom even in the onslaught of all that would crush such a spirit.

I don't believe for a minute even Jesus crushed one spirit so full of love and understanding, and that he simply amplifies that even more when he said...
"Consider the lilies of the field... "
"Even the little sparrow..."

Here's lilies of the field 4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

And having considered the worth of the little sparrows... I see you!
Take Care Sister Friend
>>>HUGS<<<

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

>>>Annie's Seat<<< is in here!

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#495195 Feb 26, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, My heart is burdened for someone whom I love, who is gracious, kind, giving, loving, but who seems so confused when it comes to spiritual things. Like many people, this one claims a belief in you, but also believes that all other religions who worship their god, worship the same God. Jehovah God please open their eyes to see that you alone are the one true God. You are the creator and sent your precious son Jesus as the Savior of the world. Your Holy Spirit is the one who convicts us and guides us and seals us unto the day of redemption. You are the God of love and mercy above all, but also of justice and accountabilty. There is so much confusion in hearts around the world. You are not the author of confusion (according to your own Word, our Holy Bible). Please, let it be crystal clear to these lost souls that you are the answer to their hurts, problems, their searching and longing for something...the fulfillment of that empty place...the peace that passes all understanding. You are God. I beg you to show me what I can do or say to enlighten even one more soul. Work through me, Father, your loving child and willing servant. Thank you for hearing my prayer and for working in all of our lives. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
Prime time with God
Good Prayer. Amen.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#495196 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text> (This post was to Illuminatrix) But I must say Amen to this... Amen to The Amen.
Lol........hey there Qu.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 7 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 3,849
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Catcher1 879,065
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 15 min Insults Are Easier 272,882
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min Liam 603,238
You want REAL PROOF that God is REAL??! 34 min Doctor REALITY 3
I....LOVE....DR. J. Vernon McGee!!!! 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
girls how many gangbangs have you had (Feb '15) 1 hr spelliccia 15
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Doctor Justice_ 8,058
More from around the web