“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#495107 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Would you tell another person that it is okay to steal? The Bible does not say sin is okay, convince others it is okay... nor does it distinguish between one's own views and the views of a secular world... sin is sin. Homosexuality is considered a sin in the Bible and it is not okay like some gay-affirming, reprobated Christians would have you to believe.
Many do not believe homosexuality to be a sin Quin. I am one of those people. So asking me this question is pointless.

I do however acknowledge that many people believe that it is. I understand why you do. That is why I have never asked anyone to change their mind...vote for same-sex marriage...or heck...even have a gay person for a friend.

I also do not ever expect you to understand my position...we both do what we do because we both believe we are right. Neither of us will probably ever back down. We see life differently...we see human beings differently.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#495108 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can kiss my friggin ass.
I thought you just said straight men don't have sex with other men. Do you have something to tell us RR?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#495109 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people do speak out against NAMBLA, maybe you just aren't paying attention. Moreover, NAMBLA is already pretty marginalized, as opposed to Islamic groups you are comparing gay groups to.
<quoted text>
Huh? Do you have a citation for this?
What can't you just say "I condemn NAMbLA and it's mission?" Why make it sound like 2nd or 3rd person?

I remember watching a documentary about how blacks used to work the docks...(this was after they were given freedom of course)... and the Irish came (who were truly despised and had a low status in Europe)... well, when the Irish came they formed gangs, beat the blacks to a pulp and forcefully took over the docks.

The Politicians and the police didn't do anything about that... "after all, the Irish are white."

I see a lot of similarities and the reason why they hang out at gay parades and conventions is because "they too" see similarities.

San Francisco

#495110 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>if you believe the Bible and what it says about homosexuality, yet you condone the sin then who is being more hypocritical?
If you believe in the Bible and what it says about slavery, yet you say that slavery is immoral, then who is being more hypocritical?

“Saved. ”

#495111 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So no rationale huh? I didn't think so.
There is no need for "Academic Rationale" to condone sin. Homosexuality is sin. <---Period. The only Rationale that's needed is to repent so that you could be saved.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#495112 Feb 26, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Sir!
LOL.. another great joke! We may just make a Court Jester out of you yet, it will certainly be a promotion from Town Drunk :D
So you were just kidding when you were being conciliatory. We'll just have to wait and see what you're up to this time. Are you still a humanist now, or a Gob fearing Xtian again? Because you made a great humanist.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#495113 Feb 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm completely trusting that because of Jesus, i'm going to get what i don't deserve. if there is a God, what do you think you deserve from Him?
A fair shake in the court o' justice an judgement.

See'n as how the things it's followers wrote about it, an ther actions in it's name is what caused me ta not believe in it in the first place. Furthermore, upon that premise of actions, an the fact that it's followers be granted reprieve and condolence in light of that poor behavior, and mine own petulance being of a lesser degree in such circumstance and action, I duly expect that mine own person be requited an fergiven trespass in the light that mine own action be no worse considered than that of those be'n requited fer abhorent behaviors an action far exceed'n mine own person.

I rest my case yer honor...

BT42

“Saved. ”

#495114 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
Pastor Catheter... what is your view on NAMbLA please "learned" sir?
@ Pastor Catheter... huh, what?

I'll wait 'nother 40 mins "learned" sir. Either way, I still think you're a pervert so would appreciate you thoughts on NAMbLA.

San Francisco

#495115 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>What can't you just say "I condemn NAMbLA and it's mission?" Why make it sound like 2nd or 3rd person?
I didn't say that specifically because I was responding to something you said, not talking about myself. Of course I condemn NAMBLA. Do you condemn slavery?
I remember watching a documentary about how blacks used to work the docks...(this was after they were given freedom of course)... and the Irish came (who were truly despised and had a low status in Europe)... well, when the Irish came they formed gangs, beat the blacks to a pulp and forcefully took over the docks.
The Politicians and the police didn't do anything about that... "after all, the Irish are white."
I see a lot of similarities and the reason why they hang out at gay parades and conventions is because "they too" see similarities.
Huh?

BTW, no citation for your claim that NAMBLA is using the ACLU to pressure the Boy Scouts then?

San Francisco

#495116 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>There is no need for "Academic Rationale" to condone sin. Homosexuality is sin. <---Period. The only Rationale that's needed is to repent so that you could be saved.
Well, first of all the concept of salvation is not a rationale. Secondly, if God gives rules without any rationale, that implies both that God is irrational, and that the Bible is superfluous. Are you sure that is your final answer?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#495117 Feb 26, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
I have a magic mouse, I love my magic mouse, it's so easy to just scroll on by
I'll bet you do.
Illuminatrix wrote:
it's so easy to just scroll on by
I'll bet you love to double click it, too.
mobile7

Hendersonville, NC

#495118 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>lol... gay-affirming "condones" their sin... if you believe the Bible and what it says about homosexuality, yet you condone the sin then who is being more hypocritical? You simply acknowledge what the Bible says but you don't believe it enough to apply it... so you give your vote, lend a hand of support or give a leg up to the likes of the sinfulness of gay marriage. You will join them in their sin as you take pleasure in it with your actions.
con∑done
/k&#601;n&#712;d&# 333;n/Verb
1.Accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue.
2.Approve or sanction (something), esp. with reluctance.

If ALL the Christians tell them it's a horrible sin . Will they all suddenly stop? Learn how to be like Jesus

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#495119 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no....
It's "maahvelous'.....
:-)

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#495120 Feb 26, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I'm assuming you're basing this on the "Toba catastrophe" theory. The same exact numbers are presented.
<quoted text>And in our generations, I guess that would all depend on whether or not our bunkers and underground cities haven't been negatively effected. If anything, though, there's already a select few chosen to be protected.
<quoted text>I think it'll depend more on the resources. Skills mean relatively nothing without resources.
<quoted text>Well, I guess that all depends on which movie or SyFy flick you believe is more probable. In the end, though, it'll depend on who's more fit for survival.
It is what it is...
We just need ta discover the reality of it.

San Francisco

#495121 Feb 26, 2013
mobile7 wrote:
<quoted text>
If ALL the Christians tell them it's a horrible sin . Will they all suddenly stop? Learn how to be like Jesus
Why are so many Christians so unlike Jesus?

Galatians 5:22-23:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."

Shouldn't a faithful Christian demonstrate these traits with some consistency? Indeed, isn't Paul giving a measure of how to identify a true Christian in that passage?

“Saved. ”

#495122 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe in the Bible and what it says about slavery, yet you say that slavery is immoral, then who is being more hypocritical?
Okay... I guess this is one of those Red-herring thingies... There were different kinds of slaveries... and some of them are not even called that any more as people are simply hired at contract to perform a certain task now-a-days or hired to do some obligatory work.

At that time service "mostly" was more closely related to Employer/employee versus Owner/slave (and there was that too). Then there were debt/bondage where a person owed a debt and instead of going to debtor's prison if he could not pay he would serve until he met his payment.

God isn't into Egypt/Hebrew or American-type of slavery.

“Saved. ”

#495123 Feb 26, 2013
mobile7 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a remarkable difference between telling someone it is a horrible sin in order that they might repent and making a fluffy people to condone that sin and tell them that it's okay, you were born that way...

You learn to preach the gospel like Jesus...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#495124 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not hearing me correctly. Try again. Hint: instead of misrepresenting what I did say, how about just reading what I wrote and responding directly? Give it a try.
i just cut to the chase, but i can understand if you don't like to see what you're doing in plain language; it looks very sinister and devilish when broken-down!

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#495125 Feb 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> A fair shake in the court o' justice an judgement.
See'n as how the things it's followers wrote about it, an ther actions in it's name is what caused me ta not believe in it in the first place. Furthermore, upon that premise of actions, an the fact that it's followers be granted reprieve and condolence in light of that poor behavior, and mine own petulance being of a lesser degree in such circumstance and action, I duly expect that mine own person be requited an fergiven trespass in the light that mine own action be no worse considered than that of those be'n requited fer abhorent behaviors an action far exceed'n mine own person.
I rest my case yer honor...
BT42
your case isn't gonna be compared to what me and others are doing; it's gonna be measured against how the Son of God lived when He was here. good luck wit dat!

San Francisco

#495126 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Okay... I guess this is one of those Red-herring thingies... There were different kinds of slaveries... and some of them are not even called that any more as people are simply hired at contract to perform a certain task now-a-days or hired to do some obligatory work.
At that time service "mostly" was more closely related to Employer/employee versus Owner/slave (and there was that too). Then there were debt/bondage where a person owed a debt and instead of going to debtor's prison if he could not pay he would serve until he met his payment.
God isn't into Egypt/Hebrew or American-type of slavery.
There are different kinds of slavery in the Bible. There are instructions on how you sell your daughter into sexual slavery (Exodus 21:7-11), for instance. It also allows you to beat a slave to death, as long as the slave does not die within a day (Exodus 21:20-21). There are also detailed instructions on buying and selling slaves as you would buy and sell livestock, which is exactly like "American-type" slavery (see Leviticus 25:44-46).

Do you consider those things to be moral? The Bible does.

How about the concept of forcing a rape victim to marry her attacker (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min Chris Clearwater 175,666
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min pmscomputers 96,744
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min ChristINSANITY is... 775,486
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min pusherman_ 559,585
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 16 min Anti-Christ 441,780
"1-STATE Solution" for ISRAEL says U.N. Official 22 min YTubeHeadlines 1
electrolux.servis@hotmail.com. 299 I5 34 istiny... 34 min electrofersen 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min Pegasus 265,163
More from around the web