Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#495126 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Okay... I guess this is one of those Red-herring thingies... There were different kinds of slaveries... and some of them are not even called that any more as people are simply hired at contract to perform a certain task now-a-days or hired to do some obligatory work.
At that time service "mostly" was more closely related to Employer/employee versus Owner/slave (and there was that too). Then there were debt/bondage where a person owed a debt and instead of going to debtor's prison if he could not pay he would serve until he met his payment.
God isn't into Egypt/Hebrew or American-type of slavery.
There are different kinds of slavery in the Bible. There are instructions on how you sell your daughter into sexual slavery (Exodus 21:7-11), for instance. It also allows you to beat a slave to death, as long as the slave does not die within a day (Exodus 21:20-21). There are also detailed instructions on buying and selling slaves as you would buy and sell livestock, which is exactly like "American-type" slavery (see Leviticus 25:44-46).

Do you consider those things to be moral? The Bible does.

How about the concept of forcing a rape victim to marry her attacker (Deuteronomy 22:28-29)?

San Francisco

#495127 Feb 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i just cut to the chase, but i can understand if you don't like to see what you're doing in plain language; it looks very sinister and devilish when broken-down!
As usual, you never directly address anything about the religion you purport to find so important. Jesus really needs a better sales force.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#495128 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are so many Christians so unlike Jesus?
Galatians 5:22-23:
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
Shouldn't a faithful Christian demonstrate these traits with some consistency? Indeed, isn't Paul giving a measure of how to identify a true Christian in that passage?
psssst...wilderide - cast yourself off the nearest cliff, cuz the scripture says He will give His angels charge over you lest you dash your foot against a stone;)

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#495129 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>@ Pastor Catheter... huh, what?
I'll wait 'nother 40 mins "learned" sir. Either way, I still think you're a pervert so would appreciate you thoughts on NAMbLA.
I condemn NAMBLA.

I have never met anybody who does not condemn NAMBLA.

I hope you are satisfied with my response.

Oh, by the way.

I condemn you too. For different reasons, but nevertheless, if I have the power of condemnation, you are hereby condemned.

Now shoo.

San Francisco

#495130 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>There is no need for "Academic Rationale" to condone sin. Homosexuality is sin. <---Period. The only Rationale that's needed is to repent so that you could be saved.
"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamot

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#495131 Feb 26, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
>>>AINS<<<
Your answer back a page!
Goodnight all...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nWVc_jmuf7wXX
Are you in Capetown? Been there - late January 2001. One US dollar bought 7.9 Rand then. Maybe you can tell that I am a good record keeper.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#495132 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Many do not believe homosexuality to be a sin Quin. I am one of those people. So asking me this question is pointless.
I do however acknowledge that many people believe that it is. I understand why you do. That is why I have never asked anyone to change their mind...vote for same-sex marriage...or heck...even have a gay person for a friend.
I also do not ever expect you to understand my position...we both do what we do because we both believe we are right. Neither of us will probably ever back down. We see life differently...we see human beings differently.
I think QU question was 'Would you tell others it is okay to steal? or would you consider stealing to be wrong /(a sin)?

One of the reasons you don't think homosexuality ACTS is wrong, is because you do not BELIEVE in the Bible,/or that you are not a Christian right?

I notice a lot of your back posts (and NO I won't go find any and bring them back up) but I have notice you DO use some scriptures
on some of your subjects to prove your point, when you need them.

Stealing is a sin (or wrong) and it is mentioned in the Bible.But
even non believers know that stealing is wrong. I use the word WRONG because SIN sounds to Christian to you , I think.

San Francisco

#495133 Feb 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
psssst...wilderide - cast yourself off the nearest cliff, cuz the scripture says He will give His angels charge over you lest you dash your foot against a stone;)
Have you tried it yet?

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#495134 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say that specifically because I was responding to something you said, not talking about myself. Of course I condemn NAMBLA. Do you condemn slavery?
I don't condemn employer/employee relationships (that is what it morphed into from ancient times)... I condemn American-style slavery and human traffiking.
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
BTW, no citation for your claim that NAMBLA is using the ACLU to pressure the Boy Scouts then?
"NAMBLA's legal organization supports lawsuits brought to force the Boy Scouts to accept homosexual leaders.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) joins NAMBLA in these efforts against the Boy Scouts, and continually supports the homosexual agenda, and continually attacks any semblance of Christianity or conventional religion in our public schools or governmental bodies."

http://www.ageofconsent.com/comments/sodomize...

==========

http://old.nationalreview.com/murdock/murdock...

“Saved. ”

#495135 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I condemn NAMBLA.
BTW, Awesome... are you going to confront them when they show up at the next gay event or just let them be... to each his own?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#495136 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not hearing me correctly. Try again. Hint: instead of misrepresenting what I did say, how about just reading what I wrote and responding directly? Give it a try.
Really???

Wilder...you know...it just ain't in him to answer a question!

Fennario

#495137 Feb 26, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Either that or you know very well what I'm talking about and will rebut with ridicule, rage and lies your learnt from your father
My father would have said, "Pull up your top."
Illuminatrix wrote:
I wrote these words with pure LOVE
Me, too.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#495138 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Years ago I was good friends with this black family. They had a teenage daughter that was told by other black teenagers that she was too white.
Why?
She worked hard in school...didn't dress nor talk as they did...took dance lessons...etc etc. They would have nothing to do with her.
RR there are people that discriminate in every race, creed, color and sexual orientation. For those that can't "see" this...they are "blind".
I'll go one step further...IMO...there is bigotry in all of us...most of us however...try not to feed it.
Kind of like the Cherokee legend...
Two wolves live inside us...one evil...one good...
The one that wins is...
The one you feed.
I remember that legend well... and know this one we shared as well >>>Annie J<<<

Native American ~ Words of Wisdom

Not even prison door could contain us!
Love always 2U

“Saved. ”

#495139 Feb 26, 2013
"In 1992, NAMBLA sent a letter to Ben Love, then chief Scout executive of the Boy Scouts of America. The following letter is an excerpt from NAMBLA's Bulletin and written by its co-secretary:

'Dear Mr. Love,
At its 16th membership conference, held in Chicago, August 7-9, 1992, the North American Man/Boy Love Association unanimously adopted the following resolution:'NAMBLA calls on the Boy Scouts of America to cease its discrimination against openly gay or lesbian persons in the appointment of its scout masters. This will permit more of those individuals who genuinely wish to serve boys to do so.' I feel especially honored to have been asked to alert you of this resolution... I have also been a scout and scout leader and share with so many in NAMBLA affection for the movement. We recognize, of course, that the action for which we call is inevitable. What a great added contribution your organization will make possible to all the boys and girls who participate in it when you take this step. May it be taken in the near future. We share a common mission - to bring greater understanding and light and purpose to the young as they grow. We invite you to join with us in cherishing individual integrity, and in seeking the opportunity for every boy and girl in our country to find their own truth. We encourage you to help every person associated with your organization to be able to express those values from themselves which to them represent for themselves the Good, the True, and the Beautiful. As we work together toward these ends Light will guide our way. We express these sentiments most respectfully, Very Cordially, Lehand Stevenson, C0-Recording Secretary, NAMBLA.'

Source: Lehand Stevenson, NAMBLA Bulletin, November 1992.

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/articles/...

==========

Sick!!!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#495140 Feb 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad you are replying to my postings, as I am learning from you ~ and for that, I thank you :)
So long as you don't believe everything I relate is "gospel".
Ya gotta have all the "stones" before ya can put 'em in order...an then some of 'em don't even belong in the sack.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#495141 Feb 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
My father would have said, "Pull up your top."
That's a strange way to have father/son night.....

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#495142 Feb 26, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Whether or not you understand the concept, "the church" refers to an abstract entity. Another example would be "the media".
Also, I don't know where you're getting hatred from.
If you asked IANS if he hated Christians, and he said no, would you believe him?
<quoted text>
Christianity is an abstract entity. Christians are people.
Islam is an abstract entity. Muslims are people.
Does that help? Maybe? No? I tried.
Christianity, the abstract entity, produces prejudice and intolerance towards homosexuals. Islam does too.
They (the entities) are not doing that consistently. It's a theme that is more prevalent in some circles of influence than others to differing degrees. In America, the vast majority of bigotry towards homosexuals comes from Christians. If that's not true, convince me.
<quoted text>
What is the difference between an anonymous poster on the internet, and a real person?
None.
<quoted text>
You've told me about your projections. I'm not interested.
If you don't understand the difference between talking about Christianity, and talking about Christians, have you at least recognized that some of us do make that distinction, and that it is very important to us?
I know I said "us", but try to stay focused. I'll keep the gang at bay long enough for you to stay on point.
Hmmm...most interesting.

Fennario

#495144 Feb 26, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
:) Ians, this is a church of sorts. Not a building but a body of believers. Non believers are of course welcome if they act charitably. We ALL need to act more charitably to others on these threads, me you everyone here.
Hi. And thanks.

I think you're a little late with the charitably part. That ship has sailed. It really has to be a two way street. I heard zero objections during the early Dimwit defamation stage. The Christians were all pretty good with that. It's only the blow back that is eliciting any objection from the faithful. You can probably understand why there is so little interest in those terms.

As for this being a church, not really. Tell him, Dim. There's no steeple. How can it be a church?

As for who is welcome, well, you are. Please stay awhile if you like.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#495146 Feb 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I condemn any group that would support the abuse of children.
In many posts, on many threads and forums, not just Topix, I have condemned the abuse of children, and I do the same off line.
I'm against the abuse of Humans at large, for that matter.
Mark me down as someone who is against any abuse towards humanity.
Does that answer your question?
I wanted to share this song with Annie J, knowing how she works with the little ones. But seeing your post - despite a little child's prayer for help re abuse - I'm sure you too will see it for what it.
A beautiful little soul... with adult concerns!!

Please Mr Jesus

You already know... "suffer the little children".
Do you work with them also?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#495148 Feb 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed ~
Indeed. Mr. Catchup seems to like portraying himself as a very poor example of a moral human being. I wonder how does it benefit him to be this way?

Interesting character though.

Andrew (CS).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 4,518
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Jac 100,044
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Aerobatty 839,556
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Regina 590,533
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 min curtjester1 40,511
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 10 min Dougie6969 831
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 34 min razz58 2,414
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Jingle Clown 271,375
More from around the web