Comments
476,281 - 476,300 of 599,869 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#495074 Feb 26, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
since it says of those in the days of noah "their thoughts were continually wicked before the Lord and violence filled the land", i would say that the moral of the flood story is: repent of your evil thoughts towards God and of your violence towards one and other.
simple enough?
"as it was in the days of noah, so shall it be in the end" Jesus
Genesis 6:5 "Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the land, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

This seems to imply that God can't see the future, don't you think? According to Genesis, God could not predict what humans would become ahead of time, say, before he created them. Furthermore, the flood didn't fix the problem, did it? Otherwise, there would have been no need for Jesus, would there? So it seems like God doesn't know what he's doing. And when God does try and "fix" the situation, does God do it in a loving way? Only if you consider global genocide and being tortured and left to die of exposure "loving".

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#495075 Feb 26, 2013
Pastor Catheter... what is your view on NAMbLA please "learned" sir?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#495076 Feb 26, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>GOD isn't hiding :)
Hiding never claimed she was god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#495077 Feb 26, 2013
simplyput wrote:
Don't tell me what I meant, when I say 'I am PROUD to be a Christian.--- That is EXACTLY what I meant to say.!
You never gave a reason.
simplyput wrote:
My Church has no accomplishents, you say?
There is no reason to preserve it. It is a net burden. I don't of any use for it that couldn't be better accomplished without it.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#495078 Feb 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Your church contributed to that in a major way.
Now, when you say "[my]'church'," are you referring to the same "church" I haven't stepped foot in, as a member and/or affiliate, in literally 31 years? And by saying "[my]'church'," I can assume you know what "church" I'm affiliated with, yes?
Disagree.
My whole day has been made better by the intelligent people who came before me - my shower with hot water on demand, the Internet, my car, the garage door opener, the movies, the CD I heard in the car, etc. The idiots have have only been a problem once. Someone wasted about ten seconds of my time with his driving.
So, I can safely assume that you perceive the crowning achievements of man to be the inventions that made your life more convenient, yes? Allow me to warn you, then. The more convenient life becomes, the more likely the more lazy one will become. Laziness is destructive.
What one Christians believes doesn't matter to an unbeliever.
It should. Of a surety, as many denominations there are, there exists just as many beliefs that differ from one another. Some might benefit you. Some might actually harm you.
It's what you believe as a collective and how it informs your behavior that matters, that is, how deeply the church has imprinted its values into you. The church teaches many Christians to despise their own flesh.
By your use of the term "church," I can only assume you mean Christendom as a whole and not just one denomination. And not every denomination in "Christianity" believes and teaches identically. Some militia groups claim the banner while hate-mongering. Others have invented some of the most vile torture instruments in history, to force conversion. Perhaps, it's not a good idea to generalize Christianity, then.

San Francisco

#495079 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Would you tell another person that it is okay to steal? The Bible does not say sin is okay, convince others it is okay... nor does it distinguish between one's own views and the views of a secular world... sin is sin. Homosexuality is considered a sin in the Bible and it is not okay like some gay-affirming, reprobated Christians would have you to believe.
What do you suppose the rationale for condemning homosexuality would be? After all, here is a book which also says ham and cheese sandwiches are an abomination, with no explanation. It also affirms slavery. It also says if you rape a virgin the solution is to force her to marry her attacker. So the morality of the Bible seems pretty random and without any rationale, don't you think?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#495080 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>This is true... so a bigot calling another person a bigot is like a poor person calling another person poor... but perversion is an entirely different story. Is there sexual perversion in all of us?
In you and Counter_Strike, definitely.

You guys reek of perversion.

Oh, and abysmal muckery too.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#495081 Feb 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The abysmal muck is back.
You dont have to tell us..........

We noticed yo0ur return..........

#495082 Feb 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiding never claimed she was god.
No, but she's gotten pretty close at times..........

San Francisco

#495083 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Do you remember when the twin towers came down and a lot of people were asking, "Where is the outrage from the Muslim community?"
I'm kind of looking at it like that... where is the outrage against NAMbLA from the gay community on here or at the gay parade or gay conventions? That is why I mentioned it in a exclusive way. Do you thoroughly condemn NAMbLA... it's push on the Boy Scouts through representation of the ACLU and the like also?
Gay people do speak out against NAMBLA, maybe you just aren't paying attention. Moreover, NAMBLA is already pretty marginalized, as opposed to Islamic groups you are comparing gay groups to.
NAMbLA... it's push on the Boy Scouts through representation of the ACLU and the like also?
Huh? Do you have a citation for this?
mobile7

Hendersonville, NC

#495084 Feb 26, 2013
Qu_innocence wrote:
<quoted text>Would you tell another person that it is okay to steal? The Bible does not say sin is okay, convince others it is okay... nor does it distinguish between one's own views and the views of a secular world... sin is sin. Homosexuality is considered a sin in the Bible and it is not okay like some gay-affirming, reprobated Christians would have you to believe.

Most of those "gay affirming christians"" don't condone the sin, they just happen to be a more mature Christian than those of you who are too hypocritical to realize that you sin just as much as anybody else does.

#495085 Feb 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you giving your word, or is is this one more personal decision that is subject to a change of mind when you see the dishonesty and bigotry from the denials to Juicy and other posters so that everybody in here knows your delusional hate and although there are only 6 or 7 people here we know you won't be able to even change the church which you dishonestly refuse to define and then claim you did but you haven't and everybody sees you for the bigoted hateful person that you are?
Nice run on sentence..........

I'm proud of you. We'll Americanize you yet..........

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

#495086 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you suppose the rationale for condemning homosexuality would be? After all, here is a book which also says ham and cheese sandwiches are an abomination, with no explanation. It also affirms slavery. It also says if you rape a virgin the solution is to force her to marry her attacker. So the morality of the Bible seems pretty random and without any rationale, don't you think?
Homoesexuality is sin and perversion period... same with other fornications.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#495087 Feb 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Caused by an improbable concatenation of circumstances?
OW!

Yer mak'n me head hurt with all these confistificated words!

Now I got's ta find the apsirin!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#495088 Feb 26, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
Since maybe the 1970s. I don't believe it has always been so. Do you?
Andrew (CS).
I think there's always been corruption in government, every government. But it seems like todays government is worse than ever.

Location hidden

#495089 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Booooooriiiiiiiing!
LOL
Have a marvelous day RR!!!
No, no, no....

It's "maahvelous'.....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#495090 Feb 26, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
I skipped forward but it’s not any better here than it was back there. There is just more of the same. The thread is now “Who Can Be the Rudest and Erk Everyone The Most” or maybe “Proof as To Why God Could Gets Disgusted With Man Kind”. It is just the same old things being said with maybe a few words switch around. It is really quite boring. It isn’t a place that has much to do with Why Should Jesus Love Me.
Goodnight
You missed your chance to intercede when it might have mattered. I for one was more than willing to have a more cooperative relationship with the Christians of the thread, but I needed to see a little from people like you somewhere along the way. All Juicy has ever had to do to end our battles was to throw out an olive branch. It would have been the same with Dim.

And any of you Christians could have helped there when it would have mattered. But you didn't. You preferred to watch in silence then when it would have been the right thing to do, so you probably should be silent about the ramifications now, when complaining about them is only to serve yourself.

Here you were a week ago. This was all that you could bring yourself to say then:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

You got what you wanted. So why the buyer's remorse now?

#495091 Feb 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Little Whispers
Just waving Hi
I'd tell Larry I have liked him being around but I am not sure he would believe it coming from me LOL
He and I used to see a lot of things the same way. Maybe a lot has changed. maybe not as much as we think. Time will tell
Anyway, hope your day is a good one
(T) Peace
I try my best not to hold grudges, and alot of things have changed for the better even though it hasnt been that long......

But anyway thanks..........

Location hidden

#495092 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy upcoming Easter!
Oooops...did I sound too Christian on that one?
Okay...make it...
Hope you get some chocolate in your Bunny Basket!
Nah, I'm not into black chicks...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#495093 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
um.....
Sexual behavior dictates ones sexual identity.
Straight men do not have sex with other men.
Gay women do not have sex with men.
Bi's do.
<quoted text>
No one can make it make sense....
How a "straight" man has sex with a man.
How a "lesbian" has sex witha man.
(.Y.)
I dunno.

I never tried it.

So, how'd it work out fer you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Jim Justice 117,963
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,868
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 226,310
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min June VanDerMark 538,882
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min Neelakaran 5,311
Last Word + 2 15 min Doug77 497
Jilat ketiak!! apa komen anda? (Aug '10) 17 min 48 fans 16
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 27 min Charlie Sheen 257,910
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 27 min dduttonnc 94,663
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••