Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#494900 Feb 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, thanks.
No problem HFY, you've certainly earned it..........

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#494901 Feb 26, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's an awesome yes!. You can send me a retirement brochure :)
I would like to do charity work now. Its just getting round to doing it. As I am so busy with work.

And how do I broach the subject with my wife :). I think she already thinks I spend too much time at work and go to church sometimes on Sunday, quite a lot over Easter and all the other stuff we do.

Plus I am not well at the moment. When I get well, I think I am going to go for it. When you are ill it makes you realise how precious life really is.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494902 Feb 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have a problem, because in the States, humanists are replacing Christians at a rate of about 6% per annum at this time.
<quoted text>
Yeah, I terrified of your chicken on a stick, Tonto.
<quoted text>
I argue against your church.
<quoted text>
Yeah, secure - that's the word that comes to mind, like when somebody says something a little threatening and Lil Whiska begins posting reams of scripture like somebody whistling in the dark.
<quoted text>
And why would I type that?
<quoted text>
It's always so productive and enlightening chatting with you. I can't tell you how compelling you conclusions and judgments are.
<quoted text>
For you? About as much as they do for Dim - nothing.
the growth of humanist in america not matter, because Christianity is growing at a faster rate worldwide. And the world is now connected financially, industrial, technological and heading to laws. so america is just another country drowning in debt. the u.s supremacy won't matter that much anymore and humanist growth in america, I no have no problem with that.

I have a problem with the teachings of your philosophy and the hypocrisy and evil it promote. but u.s growth? that no big deal.

You're terrified of the God of Christianity, you just not facing the God of Christianity that why you can pump you chest with you bravado and arrogance. but that won't always be the case.

you argue against the church? not even you could be so dumb. The church is Christianity is Christians is Jesus Christ.

Why are you complaining about scriptures on this billboard? you read the title lately? it say [why should jesus love me], that mean people going to use the bible writer. if you no like read bible verses, no read the billboard.

why would you type that? to make yourself feel more secure. obviously its not working.

oh you will be enlightened by me, that for sure. because some mental assumptions and guarantees you have about our philosophy, you read my writings long enough everytime you leave this billboard you will be more insecure angry and frustrated with you philosophy. that a good thing. Its Spirit vs spirit. And I 360 degree convince, the spirit you working under that you no believe exist, can't beat the Spirit I working through and know exist. So we will see.

so your writings are to infest you other freethinking friends? so you writing to plant a mustard seed in the already skeptics?

lol. great plan, I see nothing can't get by you...lol.

Location hidden

#494903 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Epi...seems lately there are several that would like to make all of us "little heathens" disappear.
Any of us can join a Christian forum at any time, if we want a forum free from dissent. I have done that and got bored after a while.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494904 Feb 26, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to do charity work now. Its just getting round to doing it. As I am so busy with work.
And how do I broach the subject with my wife :). I think she already thinks I spend too much time at work and go to church sometimes on Sunday, quite a lot over Easter and all the other stuff we do.
Plus I am not well at the moment. When I get well, I think I am going to go for it. When you are ill it makes you realise how precious life really is.
true thing writer. that the thing with america, work take up so much part of life sometime you miss out on a lot of life, but then that what attract so much people to the land, work and jobs.

church important, but with internet on the go and all kind of electronic and satellites, I have so much ministering material I can use and have access to daily, the few times I miss church on a sunday no affect me much. but if you have duties in church that different thing.

But I will pray for you health jesus follower.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#494905 Feb 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
If you're not gay, don't try to understand us. You will fail every time.
See?

You can't make it make sense.

Honestly, this is the problem with the whole "gay" thing nowadays. It seems that most people that call themselves gay aren't really gay.

A lesbian isn't a lesbian if she has sex with men.

She's bi. Period.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#494906 Feb 26, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Any of us can join a Christian forum at any time, if we want a forum free from dissent. I have done that and got bored after a while.
LOL

Are you trying to say that you Christians are boring??? That you need us little heathens to keep things exciting???

LOL Just kidding...maybe!

I agree though...unless you are just here for the recipes...

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#494907 Feb 26, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLLLLLL..
You're still here! Yay! I'm doing very well <3
Its nice to know someone appreciates me being around..........
;0)

And let me just say I look forward to your posts also. I like your attitude, humor and gentle nature..........Now go get em..........

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#494908 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See?
Honestly, this is the problem with the whole "gay" thing nowadays. It seems that most people that call themselves gay aren't really gay.
She's bi. Period.
I understand your thinking even though I don't agree with it. At one time...I would have thought the same thing.

Look at it this way...

If a heathen had sex with a Christian...would that make the heathen a Christian? or...

If one was in to mules...would that make that person a mule?

I learned through one of my teens that I mentored for a while about "experimenting". She was straight but wanted to experience same-sex sex.

If someone tries drugs once...does that make them a drug addict?

I tried bowling for a while...believe me...it didn't turn me in to a bowler.

Your sexuality is who you are...not always defined by your actions.

There are some homosexuals that have had only heterosexual experiences and never had gay sex. It didn't make them straight...because the homosexual feeling were still there.

You are equating feelings with acts...two entirely different things.

Then if you take into account...societal pressures...putting on the front to cover up what you really feel. Some people will live a lie just so that they don't have to deal with society and the condemnation. It doesn't change who they are however.

Don't know if this helped but maybe it gives you something to think about.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#494909 Feb 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See?
She's bi. Period.
BTW I disagree with River Tam on this one.

I believe that understanding opens the door to tolerance...from both sides. Understanding eliminates fear.

How can we accept each other and co-exist peacefully if we do not understand?

I personally thank you for asking questions...you might not like all of the answers but at least you are open for discussion.

No matter what the subject is...hard to have a discussion with a closed mind that won't listen and consider the other side of things.

IMO

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#494910 Feb 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How many is a "few"? Enough to recover from a genetic bottleneck? If its around 10 000 people it may take 70 000 years or so, given what we know from the past.
I'm assuming you're basing this on the "Toba catastrophe" theory. The same exact numbers are presented.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
If they contain engineers and professionals who can get all the equipment back up and running, it may take considerably less to get a functional society going.
And in our generations, I guess that would all depend on whether or not our bunkers and underground cities haven't been negatively effected. If anything, though, there's already a select few chosen to be protected.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
But if they don't have the skills, I can imagine quite a long time.
I think it'll depend more on the resources. Skills mean relatively nothing without resources.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I don't think civilization would be rebuilt. I believe, if they survived, it would turn out differently.
Well, I guess that all depends on which movie or SyFy flick you believe is more probable. In the end, though, it'll depend on who's more fit for survival.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#494911 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Epi...seems lately there are several that would like to make all of us "little heathens" disappear.
Yesterday I was thinking about when I first came to this thread...couldn't have been more that 6 or 7 of us here. There had been this big split (still not sure why) between those of you that had been posting here. Most had gone off to form a new thread.
What brought a smile to my face was thinking about Micah sitting right in the middle of his church ladies...he just loved you guys.
Then it happened...all those that left...came back!
I guess when I read the posts yesterday...people wanting others to leave...couldn't help but think how welcoming this thread used to be.
I do hope Epi that you are having a great day...
...and for old time sake...
I love this song...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ak7lqOGRQn4XX
Who knows what was going on....It might have been something going on from the poster who named your group "The Demoniacs"....

I loved when Micah would tell the story of growing up here in South Carolina....He certainly could tell a story....:-)

I hope you are doing great too AJ....Take care Friend

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#494912 Feb 26, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Its nice to know someone appreciates me being around..........
;0)
And let me just say I look forward to your posts also. I like your attitude, humor and gentle nature..........Now go get em..........
Thought I heard a echeo coming from you again.lol What ya want more trouble again.lol Knock knock who there says rider?Well who you think it tis the lil whisper in the wind lol lol have a good one.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#494913 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your thinking even though I don't agree with it. At one time...I would have thought the same thing.
Look at it this way...
If a heathen had sex with a Christian...would that make the heathen a Christian? or...
If one was in to mules...would that make that person a mule?
I learned through one of my teens that I mentored for a while about "experimenting". She was straight but wanted to experience same-sex sex.
If someone tries drugs once...does that make them a drug addict?
I tried bowling for a while...believe me...it didn't turn me in to a bowler.
Your sexuality is who you are...not always defined by your actions.
There are some homosexuals that have had only heterosexual experiences and never had gay sex. It didn't make them straight...because the homosexual feeling were still there.
You are equating feelings with acts...two entirely different things.
Then if you take into account...societal pressures...putting on the front to cover up what you really feel. Some people will live a lie just so that they don't have to deal with society and the condemnation. It doesn't change who they are however.
Don't know if this helped but maybe it gives you something to think about.
Well, sumbitch.....

That makes perfect sense.

"I tried bowling for a while...it didn't turn me in to a bowler"

Thank you for an open & honest response.

I still have more questions, I'll post them as they come.
Sweetie

Abington, PA

#494914 Feb 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I said this somewhere else but it needs to be said again.
You know as much about homosexuals as you do about the anatomy of an armadillo.
I like to have sex with women and have fallen in love with a few.
Does that make me a lesbian ?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#494915 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I disagree with River Tam on this one.
I believe that understanding opens the door to tolerance...from both sides. Understanding eliminates fear.
How can we accept each other and co-exist peacefully if we do not understand?
I personally thank you for asking questions...you might not like all of the answers but at least you are open for discussion.
No matter what the subject is...hard to have a discussion with a closed mind that won't listen and consider the other side of things.
IMO
Yup. I disagreed with her, too.

It's like if she asked me "Why are you a Christian?"

"You don't understand us, so don't worry about it."

She'd be like WTF?!?

I am absolutely open for discussion, that's why I'm here.

(also to make fun of atheists)

>:)

Location hidden

#494916 Feb 26, 2013
Brother Lee Love, nice handle. Hebrews 13:1 "Let brotherly love continue." A motto for this thread!

Location hidden

#494917 Feb 26, 2013
Have a great day. May the Lord BLESS you all. See you tomorrow.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#494918 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"5 books to improve your sex life" ?!?
Here's an idea....
Get a hard dick inside inside you...
And throw out the books :)
ATTENTION ALL CHRISTIANS

Please note, RiversideRedneck is one of you.

A Christian.

A follower of Jesus.

Not a secular humanist.

Not in the "bad" group.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#494919 Feb 26, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
Brother Lee Love, nice handle. Hebrews 13:1 "Let brotherly love continue." A motto for this thread!
Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 286,523
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Star Wars 16,790
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Buck Crick 983,134
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 683,861
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 24 min Peter Ross 44
O.J. Simpson is about to be a free man once again. 58 min Mad US Veteran 25
Venting Against FAKE Americans 2 hr Doctor REALITY 5
More from around the web