“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#494748 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Seconded.
Why be nice to somebody like Dim? He has forfeited that right by slandering without cause, as has anybody that complains only about your reaction to such a thing and expects you to sit for such insolence from such trash.
No kidding. He's ungracious when you try to help him, to the point of insulting you. The mark of the truly weak.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494749 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um.....
Sexual behavior dictates ones sexual identity.
Straight men do not have sex with other men.
Gay women do not have sex with men.
Bi's do.
1. no it doesn't.
2. yes, they do.
3. yes, they do.
4. most people do not self identify as bisexual, even if they have sex with the same and opposite sex.

I'm going by self-identity since I actually want to understand people. You're going purely by behavior because you don't care to understand people and just want to fit them into some slots you have.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494750 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Tide.....So you think I cant understand what to me are the words of total bigots.I cant begin to tell you how little that means to me coming from a 'guy' who looks up to other dudes on the internet and runs around like a puppydog defending his master and has shown he will use any means to do so., not least of which is a total disregard for truth and any self-respect. Do what you gotta do 'man'. I will do the same . No more free therapy
The cool things about Tide With Beach:

Tide is:

1. My friend.

2. A very good poet.

3. Extremely intelligent.

4. Funny as hell.

5. His advice kept me from running head long into a locomotive.

He never needs my help on Topix but if he does, I'm here.

Just sayin

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494751 Feb 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Correct, Christians, or any person who is a part of a religion can practice their religion, individually, and in some instances as a group, wherever they like.
For instance; A person, or group of people, can pray on any private property they like(by permission depending on who owns the property), and even in public areas, or public lands. What they can't do is force all people to participate in that activity, or, to be quiet while they pray etc... Also, the religious person can't force the public, IE: taxpayer supported properties to support a religious display or make special provision for their religion(making a county courthouse supply prayer rugs for Muslims who may be in the building, stopping work for Muslim prayer, etc...)
It always boils down to individuals and the Institution. The individual has the right to pray or exercise their religion in many ways, and cannot be prohibited in doing so(prayer before a meal in a county or state cafeteria for example). The Institution of a religion(Judaism, for instance), cannot force the county or state to supply "kosher foods" in a publicly supported cafeteria, as an example.
So, Christians(essentially any religion) can practice their religious freedom/choice wherever they like.
Homosexuality, or Heterosexuality, however falls into a category that isn't chosen. It would be a characteristic of a circumstance of birth, and by that alone. Those characteristics would be: birthplace - human, ethnic or "race" characteristics(color, red hair, short, tall)- or, any feature a person is, by birth automatically in possession of and did not consciously choose.
And as you correctly point out to Skom, below, it is bigoted to make blanket observations or categorizations based upon those **by birth** characteristics.
<quoted text>
Correct, Homosexual, Heterosexual, Red hair, Caucasian, Tall/Short, are not similar, nor in the same
category as religion, because religion is a choice.
You are not born being Muslim, Christian, Hindu , Jain etc...
People have no choice in their sexual expression from birth, hair color, skin color, height etc...
Very well said!

Skom is unable to differentiate between ascribed and achieved characteristics, but he's a bigot for his base comparisons of the two. I feel pretty embarrassed for him, given what he writes, and had to stop reading his intellectually impoverished posts.

Such false comparisons - gays and blacks versus Christians - are the stuff of indoctrination. Dishonest attacks on, initially, IANS and then myself when I tried to explain how dangerous and poor such logic is.

But you explained it a lot better than I did :) Thanks!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494752 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It's still an enigma.
Nah. They're just big stones.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494753 Feb 25, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon amie, I see you have met Sora? Wonderful. My philosophy on Christianity is unique as well Sora and I are Christian Humanists. We are familiar with their beliefs because we have neighbors of this denomination we are Catholic (They too are Christian contrary to what some may say). We are all individuals with different gifts and strengths what we use them for is for us to decide. My private time is spent with Sora playing chess and music of course. But it is spent restoring paintings and painting.
What a wonderful use of your time! I, too, play chess, but not super well.

I've taken up pottery as a hobby lately :)

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#494754 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Btw Ians jr...you want another example? I said "your first response was the honest one" to which you replied "no it wasnt". If that doesnt sum up the integrity portion of this then I guess that speaks for itself. but i hope that shows he intrinsic it has become for you to deny and lie not only when it comes to your words but others. Even when credited with telling the truth you will deny your own words if you think it helps you. You once asked me if I thought you were the type of guy who would lie to protect a friend. I said I didnt know you well enough. Now I do
I read into that statement, "Your first response was the (more) honest one."

I did that because "respect" better reflects my thoughts than "look up to".

I responded to something that wasn't there, on accident. I actually went to look to make sure that "more" was there, and it wasn't.

Are you still calling me a liar now that I've cleared it up?

I didn't lie. I'm not lying now, and I'm almost certain your confirmation bias won't let you accept that. But I could be wrong.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#494755 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. all women are hot ..
.. is that bigotry ??..
P.S. Nice post.
I don't think it's bigotry, I think it's a nice view point :-)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494756 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It is said that Easter is one of the remnants of MU...and it fits the requirements. The chamber gasses and faults that caused it's sinking also kept these parts from sinking etc.
Two of the people I work with study Rapa Nui.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#494757 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! I made the statement quite some time ago that Sodom was not where they said, and that the "aquifier"(reservoir ) would be found to be more radioactive the further down under the shelf one drilled. I was told I was crazy...LOL! So I am correct about the water rads. Now if they find the ruins of Sodom To be in the northern range, I will be batting 1000. There may also be natural cause to the story, depending on the actual timeline and whether it is correctly related(which it is probably not).
This area is one of my pet interests.
No comment yet on the TH reactor...
So be it! We are crazy... and one day they will catch up... Ja?
Problem is there are too many ego in the queue holding up the works of what others already know.

I never doubt natural causes also have been a 'gods must be crazy' reason for many events... It is tho for me understandable with Indigenous roots, to see how such could be easily read. But personally, I believe Israel has in the past - and it's roots - a scare and a half to come out of it as a chosen people, and so we have God at the Helm.

I do believe very strongly tho from anything of such significance passed down, they will know 'why' if not 'how'... and thus the holy terror of this knowledge. Yet, sometimes it said of any who are first... that they are the last to find out? mmmmmmm

Ja... too early for the greed that goes with the evidence already known to be shown in the light. SALT is still procrastinating!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494758 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I throw this out to you, and to Hiding. Do you know about the Okinawan language, Uchinaaguchi?
Nope. I could find out something about it for you, if you like.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#494759 Feb 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
The cool things about Tide With Beach:
Tide is:
1. My friend.
2. A very good poet.
3. Extremely intelligent.
4. Funny as hell.
5. His advice kept me from running head long into a locomotive.
He never needs my help on Topix but if he does, I'm here.
Just sayin
6. Tough on stains.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494760 Feb 25, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame, yes it is but there have been dark days as well. In regards to languages not every person can do what I do for a living for some it would drive them mad (Laughs) I consider myself as a sort of scientist except it is with words, never say never I could teach you if you like, think about my offer Madame one does not get this too often and to think I am not going to charge you :)
Martinique is a French department, I may be in America but I am still very Martinican.
What about your life? I would like to know more about you. You seem like an interesting person to me as well all life interests me especially one that is different from mine.
I guess everyone has their dark days.

I'm somewhat hesitant to give too many personal details on the Internet. I'm an evolutionary anthropologist. I study people from both a biological and cultural sense - how they interact, how society affects biology, etc.

Martinique produces good rum! Yum :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494761 Feb 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I read into that statement, "Your first response was the (more) honest one."
I did that because "respect" better reflects my thoughts than "look up to".
I responded to something that wasn't there, on accident. I actually went to look to make sure that "more" was there, and it wasn't.
Are you still calling me a liar now that I've cleared it up?
I didn't lie. I'm not lying now, and I'm almost certain your confirmation bias won't let you accept that. But I could be wrong.
I actually believe you. Although not because i think you are so honest but rather because that would have been beyond ridiculous even for you and I think you try to be more subtle. Your explanation this time makes sense. I believe you did misread it

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#494762 Feb 25, 2013
>>>Later<<<

Location hidden

#494763 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Two of the people I work with study Rapa Nui.
I tried Raku but my pots always broke.

Location hidden

#494764 Feb 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
6. Tough on stains.
7. Why is there always sand on MY ass?

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#494765 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I actually believe you. Although not because i think you are so honest but rather because that would have been beyond ridiculous even for you and I think you try to be more subtle. Your explanation this time makes sense. I believe you did misread it
Part of being a household name is being honest.

That's just the kind of detergent I am.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#494766 Feb 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
7. Why is there always sand on MY ass?
I'll look into it.

I mean.

Um.

Yeah.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#494767 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. They're just big stones.
Yut! Yer right on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 589,646
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Stilgar Fifrawi 837,621
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 11 min The swamiji 1,436
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 16 min RiccardoFire 4,205
The Price of Oil and the Dollar 26 min sara moor 1
Cleveland, Ohio!, your 'king' has returned! Wil... 36 min blue 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 47 min lovewithin 40,475
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 271,294
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Freebird USA 176,847
More from around the web