Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#494800 Feb 26, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Church for people here is an oasis of peace and hope. Why try to dash that hope?
Hope is Faith unleashed... Welcome to Hope in here...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494801 Feb 26, 2013
Justice wrote:
Agreed. That is one reason why atheists are here trying to convert Christians.
Nobody is trying to convert you. That is a hopeless task. If you want to learn about rational skepticism, read a book.

We're here because we enjoy being here. We like observing all of you, learning from it, and sharing our observations and conclusions. We teach one another. The entire amorphous and diffuse body of unbelievers is connected by the Internet, and the process is being repeated in the various nooks and crannies of cyberspace on a global scale even as we speak.

And we influence the thoughts of an uncounted number of people not participating in forums and message boards, people who don't think about religion much, who might otherwise grow up to be Christans at age thirty
or forty - waiters, nephews, neighbors, and the like. We let people know that it is OK to be an unbeliever, and to see that people that they consider good and that they admire are atheists.

But you? You're not the class. You're the lab. You're the field trip.
Justice wrote:
Because Christians are the ones telling them that they are wron g to act in an immoral manner.
Wake up. You don't define immorality any more.

I'm here to tell you that your church is immoral, and that by bearing its imprint, you are one of the hundreds of millions of unwitting vectors of that immorality unleashed by it onto polite society.

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows" Adapt gracefully, or don't.

[That was a prime example of one such meme injected into the soup of ideas for consideration. It will resonate for some and modify or consolidate thought in those heads, but be disregarded by others of a different opinion or temperament. Those people may hear other types of unbelievers better, people like Happy Lesbo. We offer all personalities here. And the meme will agitate the Christians, like kicking a wasp nest, who will swarm shouting, "Liar!" and "Bigot!"]

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#494802 Feb 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
Can you copy and paste any other men's words?
Many Christian saints have, like Saint Paul, have gone from persecuting and hating the church to loving Christ and his church as a result of reading the holy scriptures.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494803 Feb 26, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Christian saints have, like Saint Paul, have gone from persecuting and hating the church to loving Christ and his church as a result of reading the holy scriptures.

Fennario

#494804 Feb 26, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong sir, on the contrary I do know that I won't end up in hell and the reason that I know that is because it is called FAITH
There's a great argument: I know it because I choose to believe it.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#494805 Feb 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =i2lmFCqbJcIXX
By the way.

There is no rule 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#494806 Feb 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Topix is where time goes to die anyway. It stands still in here. Its easy to catch up on the same ol' same ol'. HFN's post has been weighing on me a little bit. I have my reasons but i am starting think it might just be better not to feed the beast. Subtle doesnt work with some people though. Anyway I am glad you are here. Makes me remember why I like this place (T) PEACE
What we post is each our choice my Friend, and I don't have time for other threads. So maybe you know others more than me...

But in the time I have been here I sure have been 'surprised'- shocked - astounded - saddened - and almost anything new in the English language I have learned which I have never read, nor heard from peoples lips. So... that said... Ja... HFN like many of us... had her point... but free will is a choice. Some use and others abuse, but it isn't why I come in here either.

The Golden Room as it was known must be an attraction - regardless - and is a little different to a host arriving at a wedding feat! But it is for the king to say who's who... and we just get on with things as they should be.

~P`E`A`CF`U`L`L`Y~

Now take a deep breath and chew your food slowly! I do believe you are burning the candle at both ends, like, well, I can be guilty of myself. But God Bless my Brother... tomorrow is a brand new day... and we all become a part of it. But what we make of it is yet to be seen!
Love all ways... 2U

Location hidden

#494807 Feb 26, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope is Faith unleashed... Welcome to Hope in here...
I have a little hope. It is called a great virtue to aspire to the happiness that is placed by God in the human heart. Hope sustains you in bad times. We hope for heaven and the kingdom of God. Is it so bad to hope that all can be saved? That we hope and pray for the world peace?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#494808 Feb 26, 2013
>>>AINS<<<
Your answer back a page!

Goodnight all...

Fennario

#494809 Feb 26, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Demonstrate the lie or STFU, moron. Show me two contradictory quotations of my words with links, and present an argument why they can only be understood as a lie, or continue to suffer the consequences.
Skombolis wrote:
Have you become senile in your old age? I have done exactly this about 6 times already!
Show me. I've never seen it.

You might as well not even bothering to post it if not accompanied by a supporting link. Your mind - your comprehension, memory and judgment - is as worthless as your word.
Skombolis wrote:
Don't you remember asking why it took me so long to provide the links?
Yes, I do. One of you changing "evidence" to "proof" and me rejecting that, and another of me rejecting Juicy's putting her words into my mouth using quotation marks.

For each of those claims that I lie, you need to provide two conflicting quotes of my words with links to them along with an explanation of why they constitute a lie.

You don't get to dump some unpaired comment that you misunderstood, and say, "Have you become senile in your old age? I have done exactly this about 6 times already!". You haven't come close to doing that even once, you unteachable idiot.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#494810 Feb 26, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a little hope. It is called a great virtue to aspire to the happiness that is placed by God in the human heart. Hope sustains you in bad times. We hope for heaven and the kingdom of God. Is it so bad to hope that all can be saved? That we hope and pray for the world peace?
You can earn your Associates Degree in Nursing at the Southern School of Applied Science or you can pray.

It's all the same to me.

Fennario

#494811 Feb 26, 2013

Sorry, Dim, but let me teach you something:
Skombolis wrote:
I'm gonna have to stop you right there Dr Dolitte

You didn't need to state the obvious. As I just posted , you are unteachable idiot. Of course you have to stop me. You have no say in the matter.

BTW, Dim, since we're using titles, how do I address a convicted felon like you? May I call you Con Dim?

You're so gob-damned (sic) easy. Why don't you just stay down? Your eye is dangling from its socket, and your teeth are all over the mat. Why don't we call it a draw?

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#494812 Feb 26, 2013
Pilgrim_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not leave you on this note of 'Hope' my Friend, but simply know... All these things and more are within reach, and the first place to start is 'receive it'. The next is to share it... and after that just live it. Then... we know that all things are possible with God.

God Bless and good night for now... until again.

Location hidden

#494813 Feb 26, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not leave you on this note of 'Hope' my Friend, but simply know... All these things and more are within reach, and the first place to start is 'receive it'. The next is to share it... and after that just live it. Then... we know that all things are possible with God.
God Bless and good night for now... until again.
Nicely put. May the Lord bless you too.

Location hidden

#494814 Feb 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You can earn your Associates Degree in Nursing at the Southern School of Applied Science or you can pray.
It's all the same to me.
Why not both. And btw I do think faith without works in dead. Prayer is oxygen for the soul, but prayer alone may not achieve much. Without acts of charity and real change in us by starting to serve others instead of ourselves, who are we kidding? I pray that I can be less selfish and try to serve others more here and be more charitable in every aspect of my life.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#494815 Feb 26, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't. Please continue hoping. Please feel free to nail a chicken dipped in lamb's blood to a stick with jingly bells and shake it at the full moon - or whatever it is that you do - if that gives you peace and hope. You don't need a church for that.
I know all about hope. I have some hopes of my own. I hope that the vile church that hopes that nobody understands any science that contradicts it, that hopes that you'll help it scapegoat gays and atheists, and that hopes to pierce and shred the wall of church-state separation, staggers down some dark alley, is stabbed multiple times, and hemorrhages its social clout in the dark.
That church is an intolerable social parasite, and needs to disappear from our sight. If you that is what you are hoping for - for it to continue parasitizing society, I can't imagine why, but I don't care about such hopes. Make another wish.
Here's a little lesson in manners and common sense: if you want respect, offer respect. Your church already gets far more respect than it deserves.
You're so silly, LOL @ U!

Are you sure you grew up in a Christian household and not a satanisst one?

Worshippers of the wannabe a tin gob satan, are far more religious, theistic, militant, dishonest and obsessed with 'humanism'(and the Bible) than most Christians and Atheists combined.

If you truly believed that Christians are wrong and that God or the wannabe did not exist, you would not behave the way you do, I know Christians, wiccas, satanists, other assorted pagans, Jews, Atheists, Humanists and Agnostics, very well and I would classify you as a daemon possessed satanist.

It's not too late, JESUS still loves you. God will forgive you.

You poor thing, so blinded by the source of your carnal desires and rage. I will pray for you, in the name of Jesus, Son of God.

I too suffered from your affliction once.. such blindness.. you don't even get what I'm trying to tell you do you? Not words, not actions, not even my avatars, my tattoos, on my body, tell a story, a very real and experienced story and even though images speak louder than words, you still don't see it.

Either that or you know very well what I'm talking about and will rebut with ridicule, rage and lies your learnt from your father of lies in order to drag as many innocents down to his and now your fate, with you.

The one you serve, either ignorantly or wilfully, will never best God, ever.

I wrote these words with pure LOVE and JESUS LOVES you as does God.

"Be silent and come out of him!"
Jesus - The Holy Son of God

Fennario

#494816 Feb 26, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
Why do you see him as a bigot and a bully because he hates an ideology?
Justice wrote:
Maybe it was the wrong choice of words.
Ya think?

You say that like it is no small thing. Those choices matter: "liar," "bigot," "bully."

This isn't church. Here, self-forgiveness is not an option, and is not recognized. You will be held accountable for your choices.
Justice wrote:
Maybe it was the wrong choice of words. But I am just trying to help him out of the dark spiritual path he is going down.
And what are your qualifications for that? You're a Christian, right? What would you know about spirituality? Hint: it has nothing to do with spirits, magic, or the supernatural. Allow ME to help YOU out of the dark spiritual path that you are on. I'll be glad to straighten you out on that. Just ask for help.

"Call for me, and I will be there for the price of a taxi ride."

Just as you don't define societal morals any more, you don't define spirituality. You know as little about each as you do about science and natural history. Like most of my peers, I can help you in any of those areas.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#494817 Feb 26, 2013

“Blessed are the peacemakers
for they shall be the sons of God.”

~ Jesus Christ

Thought for the Day

Fennario

#494818 Feb 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
He is labeling all Christians under the heading 'church'
Functional illiteracy.
Skombolis wrote:
But can you [AnnieJ] explain what you mean by "If one statement is seen as being a bigot and a bully then both must be seen that way."
No, not without printed words, meaning no, she can't - not to you.

Stay down, Dim. People are starting to retch at the sight of you.

Location hidden

#494819 Feb 26, 2013
:) Ians, this is a church of sorts. Not a building but a body of believers. Non believers are of course welcome if they act charitably. We ALL need to act more charitably to others on these threads, me you everyone here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min RiversideRedneck 104,523
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 23 min RiversideRedneck 981,211
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 52 min RiversideRedneck 672,928
Speedway- Have You Purchased a Money order and... (Sep '09) 2 hr Neil1210 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 184,571
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 4 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 392
the BIGGEST "LIE" LAPD's Tom Lange EVER told! 5 hr Pres Mr Donald J ... 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
More from around the web