Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#494760 Feb 25, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame, yes it is but there have been dark days as well. In regards to languages not every person can do what I do for a living for some it would drive them mad (Laughs) I consider myself as a sort of scientist except it is with words, never say never I could teach you if you like, think about my offer Madame one does not get this too often and to think I am not going to charge you :)
Martinique is a French department, I may be in America but I am still very Martinican.
What about your life? I would like to know more about you. You seem like an interesting person to me as well all life interests me especially one that is different from mine.
I guess everyone has their dark days.

I'm somewhat hesitant to give too many personal details on the Internet. I'm an evolutionary anthropologist. I study people from both a biological and cultural sense - how they interact, how society affects biology, etc.

Martinique produces good rum! Yum :)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494761 Feb 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I read into that statement, "Your first response was the (more) honest one."
I did that because "respect" better reflects my thoughts than "look up to".
I responded to something that wasn't there, on accident. I actually went to look to make sure that "more" was there, and it wasn't.
Are you still calling me a liar now that I've cleared it up?
I didn't lie. I'm not lying now, and I'm almost certain your confirmation bias won't let you accept that. But I could be wrong.
I actually believe you. Although not because i think you are so honest but rather because that would have been beyond ridiculous even for you and I think you try to be more subtle. Your explanation this time makes sense. I believe you did misread it

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#494762 Feb 25, 2013
>>>Later<<<

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494763 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Two of the people I work with study Rapa Nui.
I tried Raku but my pots always broke.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#494764 Feb 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
6. Tough on stains.
7. Why is there always sand on MY ass?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#494765 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I actually believe you. Although not because i think you are so honest but rather because that would have been beyond ridiculous even for you and I think you try to be more subtle. Your explanation this time makes sense. I believe you did misread it
Part of being a household name is being honest.

That's just the kind of detergent I am.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#494766 Feb 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
7. Why is there always sand on MY ass?
I'll look into it.

I mean.

Um.

Yeah.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#494767 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah. They're just big stones.
Yut! Yer right on!

Location hidden

#494768 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Two of the people I work with study Rapa Nui.
That's really cool.

Location hidden

#494769 Feb 25, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
So be it! We are crazy... and one day they will catch up... Ja?
Problem is there are too many ego in the queue holding up the works of what others already know.
I never doubt natural causes also have been a 'gods must be crazy' reason for many events... It is tho for me understandable with Indigenous roots, to see how such could be easily read. But personally, I believe Israel has in the past - and it's roots - a scare and a half to come out of it as a chosen people, and so we have God at the Helm.
I do believe very strongly tho from anything of such significance passed down, they will know 'why' if not 'how'... and thus the holy terror of this knowledge. Yet, sometimes it said of any who are first... that they are the last to find out? mmmmmmm
Ja... too early for the greed that goes with the evidence already known to be shown in the light. SALT is still procrastinating!
Ya. I can understand your mindset and position.
Sometimes, I might point to the stones you might not see because you may be looking where someone else has pointed. Not to interpret it for you, but just to make it aware. That's what folks should do.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#494770 Feb 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Yut! Yer right on!
Big stones are cut everyday but wind, water and fine particles. Freezing and thawing. How smart would I need to be to understand that?

Location hidden

#494771 Feb 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Big stones are cut everyday but wind, water and fine particles. Freezing and thawing. How smart would I need to be to understand that?
change but ta by an it makes perfect sense.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494772 Feb 26, 2013
Justice wrote:
Church for people here is an oasis of peace and hope. Why try to dash that hope?
I don't. Please continue hoping. Please feel free to nail a chicken dipped in lamb's blood to a stick with jingly bells and shake it at the full moon - or whatever it is that you do - if that gives you peace and hope. You don't need a church for that.

I know all about hope. I have some hopes of my own. I hope that the vile church that hopes that nobody understands any science that contradicts it, that hopes that you'll help it scapegoat gays and atheists, and that hopes to pierce and shred the wall of church-state separation, staggers down some dark alley, is stabbed multiple times, and hemorrhages its social clout in the dark.

That church is an intolerable social parasite, and needs to disappear from our sight. If you that is what you are hoping for - for it to continue parasitizing society, I can't imagine why, but I don't care about such hopes. Make another wish.

Here's a little lesson in manners and common sense: if you want respect, offer respect. Your church already gets far more respect than it deserves.

“What game?”

Location hidden

#494773 Feb 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>change but ta by an it makes perfect sense.
No it doesn't.

Fennario

#494774 Feb 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be one thing if they could point to some official teaching or church doctrine. But they know they can't. So instead they say vague things like church and ideology without giving any specifics because if they did they would have to concede that there is no 'church' teaching anything they claim but rather some individuals out of hundreds of millions and some churches out of tens of thousands where some people are engaging in their first amendment rights and they don't agree with what they are saying. That is their right but their attempt to label everything as the 'church' is why the bigotry is so clear.
Then of comments like they want Christians to keep their faith within their churches or homes only and want to message influencing politics or society even if it is a positive message to love because it comes from Christians or people like Hiding who thinks Christians shouldn't be singing too close to her tennis courts
They are snobs and bigots and completely self-blind
Sure, you're a huge fan of free speech - your own:

"... some churches out of tens of thousands where some people are engaging in their first amendment rights and they don't agree with what they are saying. That is their right but ..."

This is the form of a statement from somebody giving lip service to the free expression of others.

Free speech such as that made possible by the Internet has been been the death knell for your church. If you have a better argument for why your church should be respected or welcomed among us, you'd better make it soon. Your voice is fading with your numbers. We're making our argument, and it seems to be resonating a lot better than yours.

Fennario

#494775 Feb 26, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
What god?
I am becoming convinced you are a cristian..
That's "God" and "Xtian." I learned those terms from a very respected humanist atheist on this thread.
Illuminatrix wrote:
I'm a Humanist Atheist now
Glad to know you.

Fennario

#494776 Feb 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I know plenty of people have ask IANS to define what he says is THE 'Church' Of course he refuses to. He has spent more time giving excuses for why he won't then it would take him to do it
You seem too stupid to swallow without drowning:
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

==========

@ Hiding - this is what I meant by calling Dim functionally illiterate. Dim has no more hope of assimilating the written word than a gerbil.

Fennario

#494777 Feb 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
But you know what, I'd like it if you kept your religion to your houses, too. Keep it out of schools and out of government, please. You can write about it in obscure internet forums, like this one, if it pleases you. But I don't want singalongs near my tennis courts or people lying to me about "taking a census," stopping me when I'm peacefully walking so they can talk about their stupid deity. Yes, keep your religion to yourself.
Skombolis wrote:
Please don't pretend I am your father. I would never raise a bigot.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
You, sir, are an idiot. Your reading comprehension is poor, to be kind. You don't even use the word "bigot" correctly. I suppose that's more stupidity than anything. It's not your fault.
How is it not his fault? He is willfully ignorant, and defiantly proud about it. He calls you a bigot for wanting his church to stay out of your life.

I would have pity on this train wreck of a human being if he were humble enough to cease his calumny and beg forgiveness for his offenses of the past. But not under these circumstances. He knows what the terms of engagement are, and he doesn't care. So, he will continue to reap what he sows even as his chorus of enablers wail along with him.

Fennario

#494778 Feb 26, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
How do you define "church" and who if anybody does it include?
You are a functionally illiterate moron. I have wasted enough words trying to explain ideas to you. I have no other way to communicate with you. My words are better spent writing about you than to you.

Fennario

#494779 Feb 26, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
maybe I'll start an atheist group where we go door to door trying to convince people that they'd be happier without religion. And we don't even cost money! No tithe. Frees up your Sundays. You'd be getting a deal.
You might like this: "If Atheists Acted Religious"
&fe ature=relmfu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 min somebody 184,567
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 104,407
American Soldiers - Profiles In cowardice. (Mar '10) 41 min Ricky F 1,990
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 981,116
Gay/bi Skype Sex ? (Mar '14) 1 hr axc 1137 17
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr RiversideRedneck 672,793
Let your Pigs sequel some more God!!! 3 hr doG mnaDed lyoH r... 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 14 hr onemale 286,297
More from around the web