Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#494738 Feb 25, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame, thank you again and I am pleased that you understand what I am trying to convey, our lives should be lived to serve others I think. Like Gandhi for example, whom is one of my role models, nonviolence is the best way to operate in life I think.
Violence breeds what it is Sora... there is enough of that!

It is the non-violence that is what I like about Jesus teachings, but alas, have also learned as a pw what it means to turn the other cheek. Some think that is the passive way... I say it is progressive.

Yet either way, many - including Gandhi and Jesus - met their death that way. But that which those who went before brought to this earth was more than many have left for others to follow. Each with a message of Love for one's neighbor. More good things have come out of than bad, despite many many lives lost in their cause.

I believe more have been lost over time when religious clashes come between man and state, rather than between man and God. But again... when even there is no creed to battle there has always been tribal.

And yet... some of my own memorable times with any soul, has been when pure and simple respect became a dignity to outclass any class factors. And spirit to spirit, one can communicate within peace, accomplishing more in a shorter space of time than all the rhetoric of royalty.

This is another thing I enjoy about Jesus's Way. Whatever he said was worth every word, and none of his breath was wasted. One only has to be in the right frame of mind, and most of all words are understood. And if not... no harm is done in asking questions.

God Bless

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#494739 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You said...yeah I look up to him, so what? I'm not digging up the post because you are more insecure than usual today.
I know what I said.

Where are you getting insecurity from?

If I was insecure I'd never broach the subject.
Skombolis wrote:
Parse the words however you like, change 'look up to' to 'respect', do whatever revisionist history helps you sleep at night.
I'm not revising anything. Remember, these are supposed to be my thoughts anyways, not yours. I get to dictate what I think, and what I want to convey about what I think.

I used "look up to" because you did, but it would better describe my own feelings to use the word "respect". I respect IANS in many ways, and I acknowledge the ways in which his skills, in whatever area, are more progressed than mine. Humans have different skills and different levels of skill. Did you know that?
Skombolis wrote:
Your first response was the honest one.
No it wasn't.
Skombolis wrote:
You look up to him. You look up to an anonymous dude on the Internet.
Here's where I'm still asking, again and again, so what?

I don't look up to you, in any way shape or form. You are excluded from that. That takes some doing.
Skombolis wrote:
Whadda want from me? An 'atta boy'? Sorry but its hard for me to respect that.
You're giving me all that I want and more. You keep failing. If I keep you talking, you'll keep failing.
Skombolis wrote:
And almost everything you do is co-dependent and weak, constantly running around covering for one another and especially for your hero which is what one would expect from a guy who looks up to other dudes on the internet. I dont know how to be more explicit than that.
This is weak enough to be comical.

Your best shot at me is that I look up to a person.

Let me remind you of some of your mistakes.

You incorrectly paraphrased someone, and when they denied your incorrect version, you called them a liar for it.

When it was explained why he denied your version, you maintained your accusation that it was a lie, even though that claim, at that point, was completely absurd.

You projected bigotry onto a statement that contained none, even omitting two very important words from the paraphrasing at one point ("need to"). You tried demonstrating the bigotry of the statement by creating a false analogy, which failed.

Almost every time your comprehension errors where explained to you, you retaliated with ad-hom distractions. You either skipped or ignored many of the posts addressed to you that contained answers to questions that you claimed where never addressed.

You don't need to take these things seriously, if you believe these wrongdoings won't count against you in the afterlife.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494740 Feb 25, 2013
Edit Tide.....So you think I cant understand what to me are the words of total bigots.I cant begin to tell you how little that means to me coming from a 'guy' who looks up to other dudes on the internet and runs around like a puppydog defending his master and has shown he will use any means to do so., not least of which is a total disregard for truth and any self-respect. Do what you gotta do 'man'. I will do the same . No more free therapy

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494741 Feb 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly - like the Crop Circles that were created way before 'planes were invented? One has to wonder why ..... if they are curious, that is LOL
***Crop circles have confounded farmers and scientists alike since they were first recorded in the 17th century, and now physicist Professor Richard Taylor says the phenomenon is growing alongside advances in technology.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-ne... ***
Easter Island also amazes me!!
***Easter Island covers roughly 64 square miles in the South Pacific Ocean, and is located some 2,300 miles from Chile's west coast and 2,500 miles east of Tahiti. Known as Rapa Nui to its earliest inhabitants, the island was christened Paaseiland, or Easter Island, by Dutch explorers in honor of the day of their arrival in 1722. It was annexed by Chile in the late 19th century and now maintains an economy based largely on tourism. Easter Island's most dramatic claim to fame is an array of almost 900 giant stone figures that date back many centuries. The statues reveal their creators to be master craftsmen and engineers, and are distinctive among other stone sculptures found in Polynesian cultures. There has been much speculation about the exact purpose of the statues, the role they played in the ancient civilization of Easter Island and the way they may have been constructed and transported.
http://www.history.com/topics/easter-island ****
:)
It is said that Easter is one of the remnants of MU...and it fits the requirements. The chamber gasses and faults that caused it's sinking also kept these parts from sinking etc.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#494742 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us can decode your last statement.
Being a smartass is not my fault.

I've been appropriately groomed.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#494743 Feb 25, 2013
[QUOTE who=" Seraphine”]<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon amie, like Sora I too am glad we understand one another. Jesus and Gandhi are similar but their disciples did not always adhere to the messages they taught. During his lifetime many of the peace marches that were organized turned violent and people were killed and Gandhi out of penance fasted. I also am well aware of the Apartheid in America non-white people still face similar challenges in America. Maney and wealth is no good unless it is used to benefit others and we have both and use them for the benefit of other people. In regards to your question Sora and I have known eachother for fourteen years and we have been married for eleven. We were best friends prior for two years and dated for one. I hope this answers your question if not we shall be more than happy to clarify. Seraphine is my real name, a name of which I am proud of and I am proud of my Creole heritage as well.[/QUOTE]
Hello Seraphine,
As you and Soya share the time and conversation, I will try and keep them different – unless posted together – so as you can share this too. Your heritage is as colourful as many in here who share theirs too, in many ways. Time indeed has brought about a very multi cultural set of nations. Except for national language, many too speak more than one. I myself am not a natural linguist as it seems Soya, but at least I can communicate - speak only - in 3. These were due to first my home Islands of the South Pacific, in Africa, and Australia... I have come a long way by learning English in here too! The other - a 4th .- is unspeakable and at times hard to translate, transfer into words, belongs in my mind.

Thank you for sharing your 'soul-mate' experience... I can identify there and we are blessed. Like all good things, some can take a life-time to find such a friend.

Peace marches turn violent as a rule due to the before tension of those who do not understand, or want to quell... and sadly where-ever they are in the world, many end with tragedies. Many really put themselves on the line for what they believe in. That seems to be the driving force behind all goodness... where passion is stronger than compassion.

Be Blessed in your work also...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494744 Feb 25, 2013
Btw Ians jr...you want another example? I said "your first response was the honest one" to which you replied "no it wasnt". If that doesnt sum up the integrity portion of this then I guess that speaks for itself. but i hope that shows he intrinsic it has become for you to deny and lie not only when it comes to your words but others. Even when credited with telling the truth you will deny your own words if you think it helps you. You once asked me if I thought you were the type of guy who would lie to protect a friend. I said I didnt know you well enough. Now I do

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#494745 Feb 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm sure yours was a response to a previous post, but i used it to share the gospel and get back on track.
please tell me what you think about the following theory:
if God indeed so loves the world and if He indeed did send His Son into it and if we do indeed have meticulously preserved documentation of His words and deeds; how trivial do you think it sounds when someone from this said world sums it all up as "spiritual comfort in your faith"?:)
Of course, I reject all your premises. If you're off on one tiny detail and, say, the Muslim version of God is correct, guess where you're going to spare eternity?

And if you've chosen the wrong deity, who knows the outcome? Chances are, you have, given the number of deities out there.

Some stable somewhere

#494746 Feb 25, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>So, let me ask you, then.
If we had a nuclear war today, and everything was decimated with only a few survivors, how long do you think it would take before these few survivors can start rebuilding "civilization"? Then, 10,000 years from now, what do you think would survive from today?
How many is a "few"? Enough to recover from a genetic bottleneck? If its around 10 000 people it may take 70 000 years or so, given what we know from the past. If they contain engineers and professionals who can get all the equipment back up and running, it may take considerably less to get a functional society going. But if they don't have the skills, I can imagine quite a long time.

I don't think civilization would be rebuilt. I believe, if they survived, it would turn out differently.

Some stable somewhere

#494747 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Dim is a perfect example of functional illiteracy. He can recite words on a page aloud, but they have as much impact as they would on somebody who can't read them.
I noticed that. He's incapable of understanding much - too boring to interact with.

Some stable somewhere

#494748 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Seconded.
Why be nice to somebody like Dim? He has forfeited that right by slandering without cause, as has anybody that complains only about your reaction to such a thing and expects you to sit for such insolence from such trash.
No kidding. He's ungracious when you try to help him, to the point of insulting you. The mark of the truly weak.

Some stable somewhere

#494749 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um.....
Sexual behavior dictates ones sexual identity.
Straight men do not have sex with other men.
Gay women do not have sex with men.
Bi's do.
1. no it doesn't.
2. yes, they do.
3. yes, they do.
4. most people do not self identify as bisexual, even if they have sex with the same and opposite sex.

I'm going by self-identity since I actually want to understand people. You're going purely by behavior because you don't care to understand people and just want to fit them into some slots you have.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#494750 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit Tide.....So you think I cant understand what to me are the words of total bigots.I cant begin to tell you how little that means to me coming from a 'guy' who looks up to other dudes on the internet and runs around like a puppydog defending his master and has shown he will use any means to do so., not least of which is a total disregard for truth and any self-respect. Do what you gotta do 'man'. I will do the same . No more free therapy
The cool things about Tide With Beach:

Tide is:

1. My friend.

2. A very good poet.

3. Extremely intelligent.

4. Funny as hell.

5. His advice kept me from running head long into a locomotive.

He never needs my help on Topix but if he does, I'm here.

Just sayin

Some stable somewhere

#494751 Feb 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Correct, Christians, or any person who is a part of a religion can practice their religion, individually, and in some instances as a group, wherever they like.
For instance; A person, or group of people, can pray on any private property they like(by permission depending on who owns the property), and even in public areas, or public lands. What they can't do is force all people to participate in that activity, or, to be quiet while they pray etc... Also, the religious person can't force the public, IE: taxpayer supported properties to support a religious display or make special provision for their religion(making a county courthouse supply prayer rugs for Muslims who may be in the building, stopping work for Muslim prayer, etc...)
It always boils down to individuals and the Institution. The individual has the right to pray or exercise their religion in many ways, and cannot be prohibited in doing so(prayer before a meal in a county or state cafeteria for example). The Institution of a religion(Judaism, for instance), cannot force the county or state to supply "kosher foods" in a publicly supported cafeteria, as an example.
So, Christians(essentially any religion) can practice their religious freedom/choice wherever they like.
Homosexuality, or Heterosexuality, however falls into a category that isn't chosen. It would be a characteristic of a circumstance of birth, and by that alone. Those characteristics would be: birthplace - human, ethnic or "race" characteristics(color, red hair, short, tall)- or, any feature a person is, by birth automatically in possession of and did not consciously choose.
And as you correctly point out to Skom, below, it is bigoted to make blanket observations or categorizations based upon those **by birth** characteristics.
<quoted text>
Correct, Homosexual, Heterosexual, Red hair, Caucasian, Tall/Short, are not similar, nor in the same
category as religion, because religion is a choice.
You are not born being Muslim, Christian, Hindu , Jain etc...
People have no choice in their sexual expression from birth, hair color, skin color, height etc...
Very well said!

Skom is unable to differentiate between ascribed and achieved characteristics, but he's a bigot for his base comparisons of the two. I feel pretty embarrassed for him, given what he writes, and had to stop reading his intellectually impoverished posts.

Such false comparisons - gays and blacks versus Christians - are the stuff of indoctrination. Dishonest attacks on, initially, IANS and then myself when I tried to explain how dangerous and poor such logic is.

But you explained it a lot better than I did :) Thanks!

Some stable somewhere

#494752 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It's still an enigma.
Nah. They're just big stones.

Some stable somewhere

#494753 Feb 25, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon amie, I see you have met Sora? Wonderful. My philosophy on Christianity is unique as well Sora and I are Christian Humanists. We are familiar with their beliefs because we have neighbors of this denomination we are Catholic (They too are Christian contrary to what some may say). We are all individuals with different gifts and strengths what we use them for is for us to decide. My private time is spent with Sora playing chess and music of course. But it is spent restoring paintings and painting.
What a wonderful use of your time! I, too, play chess, but not super well.

I've taken up pottery as a hobby lately :)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#494754 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Btw Ians jr...you want another example? I said "your first response was the honest one" to which you replied "no it wasnt". If that doesnt sum up the integrity portion of this then I guess that speaks for itself. but i hope that shows he intrinsic it has become for you to deny and lie not only when it comes to your words but others. Even when credited with telling the truth you will deny your own words if you think it helps you. You once asked me if I thought you were the type of guy who would lie to protect a friend. I said I didnt know you well enough. Now I do
I read into that statement, "Your first response was the (more) honest one."

I did that because "respect" better reflects my thoughts than "look up to".

I responded to something that wasn't there, on accident. I actually went to look to make sure that "more" was there, and it wasn't.

Are you still calling me a liar now that I've cleared it up?

I didn't lie. I'm not lying now, and I'm almost certain your confirmation bias won't let you accept that. But I could be wrong.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#494755 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. all women are hot ..
.. is that bigotry ??..
P.S. Nice post.
I don't think it's bigotry, I think it's a nice view point :-)

Some stable somewhere

#494756 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It is said that Easter is one of the remnants of MU...and it fits the requirements. The chamber gasses and faults that caused it's sinking also kept these parts from sinking etc.
Two of the people I work with study Rapa Nui.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#494757 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! I made the statement quite some time ago that Sodom was not where they said, and that the "aquifier"(reservoir ) would be found to be more radioactive the further down under the shelf one drilled. I was told I was crazy...LOL! So I am correct about the water rads. Now if they find the ruins of Sodom To be in the northern range, I will be batting 1000. There may also be natural cause to the story, depending on the actual timeline and whether it is correctly related(which it is probably not).
This area is one of my pet interests.
No comment yet on the TH reactor...
So be it! We are crazy... and one day they will catch up... Ja?
Problem is there are too many ego in the queue holding up the works of what others already know.

I never doubt natural causes also have been a 'gods must be crazy' reason for many events... It is tho for me understandable with Indigenous roots, to see how such could be easily read. But personally, I believe Israel has in the past - and it's roots - a scare and a half to come out of it as a chosen people, and so we have God at the Helm.

I do believe very strongly tho from anything of such significance passed down, they will know 'why' if not 'how'... and thus the holy terror of this knowledge. Yet, sometimes it said of any who are first... that they are the last to find out? mmmmmmm

Ja... too early for the greed that goes with the evidence already known to be shown in the light. SALT is still procrastinating!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 5 min Just Think 17,380
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 (Dec '16) 20 min andet1987 86
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 983,251
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 1 hr Tony 6,421
K9.....remembering.... 3 hr knightsdolive 1
getting pregnant by much older man 3 hr knightsdolive 2
Black women White men Dating Site (May '14) 7 hr lovekiki 13
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 hr Robert F 683,926
More from around the web