“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494636 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
No, Balki,....
G_O_D wrote:
ROFLMAO
I will never be able to read Trifecta's posts without laughing now.
I'm glad you liked that. I thought it was pretty funny, too. I love it when he chews me out sounding like that.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#494637 Feb 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>You do think you responsible for these freethinkers on here, that why you always talking abut "we". You can't refer to yourself as "we" unless you is a idiot, so that only leave the freethinkers.
We - can be used as a broadly inclusive term, and also used in what is called the Royal usage(Pluralis Majestatis). Long ago, it was used within a much more formal way, but these days it's used frequently and in all sorts of applications.

A soldier might say: "no, we don't do that anymore", even though that person speaking to you is just one person and specific to himself, nevertheless, speaks for all in a general and broad sense.

Plural pronouns also fall under the heading.

Also, a singular person may relate an action he did, and use a plurality in describing the action, such as:*So, I saw the large pile of brush down at the bottom of the hill, and thought to my self; "Let's take a walk down there and look around" *

It's a common form of speech/word/language usage, and *we* all use it, even if *we* don't agree on it.

Fennario

#494638 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
I wouldn't argue with that, but Dim might. He doesn't distinguish between abstractions like ideologies and the people that hold it. To him, hating one is hating both.
Justice wrote:
Posts like this is why people here think you are a bigot and a bully.
And posts like yours are why I have no expectation of ever disabusing people like you of that notion. My comment is correct: Dim simply cannot get past the idea of the church being a building, or a doctrine being the people subjected to it.

Nor can you apparently. You didn't even try to link my comment to your conclusion. You just seem to assume that my comment is obviously bullying and bigotry when it is neither.

The time for caring about what any but about two of you here think about me is past. The validity of the opinions of anybody who has found fault with my end of the Dim affair, but has found none with Dim, are simply rejected out of hand as partisan.

Location hidden

#494639 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct! All or none! Blame that POS document called the Constitution.
Don't like it then change it, send your kids to a private school or move to a country that is run by your religion.
Easy. It is called The USA.
"The Majority shall rule only so long as the rights of the minority are not infringed."
Without that last part we could murder Jews just like the Nazis and pat ourselvs on the back for our 'righteous democracy'.
I agree, the U.S Constitution is there to protect our rights, and it isn't there just for the Majority, because the Majority will have their rights, by default. It is specifically there to protect the rights of the Individual.

If it fails to protect the right of the Individual, it has lost all power.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#494640 Feb 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
As my master says: Your failure learn is my failure to teach.
.. I'm sorry ..

.. which one should I order ??..

http://voices.yahoo.com/lesbian-sex-five-book...

Location hidden

#494641 Feb 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
What do we often see happen to those Christians who express a more progressive version of their ideology?
I see a lot of "luke warm" and "spitting out". That can't be good for the church, to spit out their best and brightest. Oh well.
You know that's a good thing, too.

A person who feels that an Organization or Institution they are a member or constituent of, does not represent them should leave that Institution.

I think that is probably why I don't espouse an affiliation with some of the non-theistic philosophies or positions, and prefer only to be known as atheist, or non-theist.

All other variations that I choose for myself, philosophically, are purely up to me beyond the fact I lack a theistic belief concerning deities.

Fennario

#494642 Feb 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Yeah... But then you've got things like this and it's uncanny.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...
LOL. Funny.

Yeah, I saw that this morning when you linked to your circular reasoning poster. Unlike this one, it was a photobucket slide show, and I clicked on about a dozen or so of them. I think the corn flake one was second.

Honey Boo-Boo is on the TV. I've got to go.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#494643 Feb 25, 2013
This is Doctor REALITY of the United States of America. Good night to all in every nation! http://www.youtube.com/watch... http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#494644 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
No I wouldn't deny Christ
Just like nobody is being forced to participate in a play
If 1 parent has such a huge problem with their kid singing Silent Night then don't have him/her participate. But 1 parent shouldn't get to ruin the play for everyone
You can't please everybody
And if your solution to let nobody do anything..well sorry my friend but that sounds a lot like where the saying "misery loves company" is about
Isn't that just another way of saying "if I don't my way I want to make sure nobody can do anything"
And that's not selfish?
A right isn't selfish. We are guaranteed certain rights.

If one person demands that they be afforded their right, whatever it may be, and the Majority denies that right, it is the Majority that has become selfish at that point.

The Majority, after all, is only comprised of individuals, and if you can't ensure that an individual is assured their rights, it is only a matter of time until the rights of all individuals within a Majority are not guaranteed.

Location hidden

#494646 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is it that determines what is moral? "Mind-dependence" teaches that ethics is created by thought—whether of man or of God.
Realists say that all ethical acts can be reduced to a physical truth about the universe, independent of man and God.
If morality gets its authority from a person or a group of people, then it follows that ethics are subjective—they can change for the situation or individual.
If, however, morality gets its authority from the natural world or a supernatural force, then all of mankind is subject to the same law, and ethics are universal.

Location hidden

#494648 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. philosophically and spiritually, the premise of loving those who hate works well. It's what Jesus taught ..
.. harsh reality paints another picture. Can children love bullies? Can adults love the person who kills their dog or cat ??..
.. it denigrates the very concept of love ..
Well, that gets into the *master/slave morality* and is, IMO, not a good system of morality.

But, that's my opinion.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#494649 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
http://beta.photobucket.com/im ages/chelsea%20charms/
I'm not THAT well rounded.
Knowledge

United States

#494651 Feb 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
They already do. They have a Christian Mardi Gras parade in Mississippi, New York has a Christian Youth Parade, Toronto has a Jesus in the City parade. There are more...google "Christian parades".
Don't forget about the Easter parades.
There are Christmas parades that have mainly religious themes.
Christians already attend Pride parades...most as protesters. Though there are those that attend to support.
I don't know about all of the parades, but in the area I live in we have Homecoming parades, Fall Festival parades, Halloween parades. WE have never had a Christmas parade, I suppose if I lived near a big city. But The Macy's Thanksgiving parade does not include anything about God, and the President has called Christmas trees, holiday trees...holiday parties, holiday presents, Happy Holidays! There are not many things that are left with the name of Jesus in it. The name of Jesus angers more people than I have ever seen. I do know that Disney World promotes a homosexual day just for them for being special. They do not promote straight people day.....Now Dolly Wood was going to start it the last time I went two years ago. I honestly find it appauling that any place that promotes someones sexual appetites a special day, no longer gets my business. I honestly don't care if a homosexual feels like they are born that way or not. I was born straight, and I am a Christian by my own beliefs. If anyone has a problem with it, tobad, get over it, I am here. Right? That would be just as bad as someone says lets give an all black day, or white, or hispanic. What would be okay is Special Olympics day or something in that order. Oh yes when you see the Easter parades and they have the Easter bunny in it...It is not about God, it is about the Easter bunny and the sale of candy. I have never seen a Pride parade, would you care to explain? Just my opinion.

“LOL Really?”

Location hidden

#494652 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I'm sorry ..
.. which one should I order ??..
http://voices.yahoo.com/lesbian-sex-five-book...
Which one did you write?

The student bows to the master.

Location hidden

#494653 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I shutdown all the churches in my community except the one the majority likes, perhaps a Mosque, and you have no problem with that because no one is forcing you to attend the Mosque.
Lets put it another way. The school has a satanic coven during the morning (55% of the children voted for it). Your child doesn't have to participate but he is forced to "watch in respectful silence".
Agreed, and this is why, in my opinion, there should be no religious components included in a public school curriculum.

Education is the only thing that should be *taught* at a school.

Religious custom, doctrine, tradition or myth should be taught by the parents etc...

Not exampled in a public school.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#494655 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is? Did I spell "statistically" wrong?
You'll hafta be a trifle but more detailed.
No. I don't have to be.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#494656 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey there JLU, I'm doing well, just trying to keep the dishonest honest, lol, how're everything with you?
Lol.. it's a hard job but someone has to do it, like taking out the trash..

Great, I feel so much better now that I'm not carrying all that h8te around, I guess being an atheist isn't that great after all and I'm pleased to inform that the sky did indeed forgive my momentary backsliding and filled me with Love once again, gotta Love that sky :D

Blessings dear Bro <3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#494657 Feb 25, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Her real name is Lindsey Lohan?
LOLLLLLL..

You're still here! Yay! I'm doing very well <3

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#494658 Feb 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have seen one of the most 'logical' re-enactments, where they laid out carved off logs in front of each massive stone (some weighing 50 tons) and pulled each one, moving the logs from the back to the front continually... A massive task! And, one would imagine, much thought was given to the placement of these massive stones prior to the actual erection of the Stonehenge. Monumental seems insignificant :) Imagine how 'easy' it would have been placing those stones in the exact positions, without the use of the machinery we have at our hands today?
And then placing the stones on top of the upright 'rocks'??
It's still an enigma.
Knowledge

United States

#494660 Feb 25, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Lawest,
I personally don't like Christian Rap music either. I can't understand what they are saying at all. LOL. I went to a Christian concert at Carowinds once with the church youth group and there was an artist there that sung Christian rap. His band was named Lecrae. I couldn't wait for his show to end another band to start until I started watching all those young teens as they listen to him sing and they understood every word that the man was saying and was praising God with that type of music. I started thinking about my teen years and how so many adults hated the rock n roll music that I listened to back then. I guess what I am trying to say is this...As long as that noise ( i mean music) is uplifting the Lord to those kids and they are actually praising God, then I can grin and bear it for their sake. They are a whole different generation and we can't expect them to listen to "old church hymns and like it just becuase we do"..LOL I also listened to Toby Mac when he sang and all his songs are based on scripture. The youth today need to hear these scriptures and if those Rappin Christian songs teach them to memorize those verses, I can bear with the beat and rhymes fir their sake..LOL Thats my opinion anyway. Have a great weekend Lawest.
I have to say Grace, I am very old fashion of what the song sounds like, when I lead the service. But, I will say that I went to a God stock when my sons were teens and they still have it once a year. When I first started to hear the music, I wanted to leave. LOL The Christian singers were dressed in rocker clothing, and the concert almost drove me insane! I decided to start walking around, I saw all these kids in Gothic clothes with satanic symbols, so many other sites of different teens. By the end of the day, those kids were at the alters repenting of their sins, pitching their satanic symbols and giving their life to Christ. If I had not seen it with my own eyes, I never would have believed it. I myself, don't like the music, or want anything to do with it. But, the words of the songs were about how Jesus died for them, and it took those people to get to those kids. God worked miracles that day, and changed many lives and turned them around. It was quite beautiful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Humble Chosen Child 690,589
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Robert F 989,840
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 16 min Trumps Gray Bar M... 42,479
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 639
___ #1 Shock Warning for End Time USA ___ 3 hr Nov 2017 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 4 hr Halle Berry Sister 4,367
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 4 hr Maria 44
More from around the web