“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#494526 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Oh, you're welcome to find them interesting. That's quite a bit different than telling me I should use them to base testable hypotheses about the past on.
I'm sure they're as interesting as modern day fiction, perhaps more so if you're trying to understand what themes compelled past peoples.
So, let me ask you, then.

If we had a nuclear war today, and everything was decimated with only a few survivors, how long do you think it would take before these few survivors can start rebuilding "civilization"? Then, 10,000 years from now, what do you think would survive from today?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#494527 Feb 25, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>So, let me ask you, then.
If we had a nuclear war today, and everything was decimated with only a few survivors, how long do you think it would take before these few survivors can start rebuilding "civilization"? Then, 10,000 years from now, what do you think would survive from today?
That's an interesting question. What would survive would probably largely depend on the culture of the few who survived prior to the destruction. Though things would probably morph and distort pretty quickly as the generations evolved. And I would be very surprised if cults and religions didn't evolve all over again. Every culture has myths based on their cultural values.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494528 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You don't even know it but you are agreeing with me
I don't know anybody, anywhere that could walk in and see their husband engaging in oral sex with another man that would believe he isn't gay
Hiding claims guys can go around blowing other guys and it is just a sexual identity issue, it doesn't mean they are gay
Do you agree "new" poster?
I agree.

People do things for various reasons. You can either believe him or not. You'll never know if he's gay or not.

I went to an Easter service at church last year. Doing so didn't make me a Christian. I did it because it made my parents happy.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494529 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly is claiming that God favors your ethnic tribe above all others because the males trim their penises.
Silly is imagining that the entire universe was created around one specific species on a particular planet in a back-water solar system on the outer arm of one galaxy among billions of others.
Silly is imagining that your deity is any more real than the thousands of others that have ever been or ever will be dreamed up by innumerable cultures.
Are people responsible for their behaviors? I think so. But if their fate is pre-determined, which your religions says is the case, then how could they be? Also, doesn't your religion worship a scapegoat? And you are asking ME about responsibility? LOL. That's funny.
so much words to answer a rather simple straightforward question LOL

What you believe about the God of Christianity, them your beliefs, and you have a right to them. The bible not needed to gain access to Almighty YHWH God through Jesus Christ. The bible not necessary for someone to make Jesus Christ they personal lord and savior. So you continue to blame the bible for your rejection of the Christ.

And you answer to if people responsible for their choices and behaviors is,[you think so]? me laughing hard!lol.

When you come to your senses and live in present day realty that when a person run the red light and get a ticket from the cop, even though God knew they would run the red light, the person will still get the ticket and responsible to pay the ticket. Or the realty of when a drunken driver hit someone and they die, even though God knew they would drink get drunk and drive, the person still going to prison for vehicle homicide.

When you wake up smell the coffee, and live in that world and realty of responsibility and accountability, that all earthlings now live in, then maybe you writings won't look so stupid and ridiculous, when you call anything [silly]. haha.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#494530 Feb 25, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
His God and His children just urinate on the insects of this earth spreading atheistic immoral dung like you?
you are not going to achieve anything here,
only lose respect as human
do you have any human descency or dignity?
if yes?
JUST FLY AWAY FROM HERE WITH THE SPEED OF 1000 MILES COW MANURE TSUNAMI
nobody nedd POS like you
Didn't like reading that, did you?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

#494531 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If your "for" gay kissing in public because everyone has a right to their personal choices, then you shouldn't be bothered by a friggin nativity scene at Christmas...
If it's on private property I don't even notice those.

If it's on public property, I would be bothered, as an American.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You shouldn't get all pissy if the Carolers start singing religious Christmas songs, or angry at the 10 Commandments posted at the court house (somebody wanted it there & it makes them happy).
I don't give a shred of a shit if it makes somebody happy to have their favorite religious nonsense displayed on public property.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If you're soooooo willing to accept gays, and all that that implies, why not religious folks too?
I accept everyone, RR. I accept that you are religious.

You can be religious wherever you want. You can pray before you eat your Big Mac. I won't bother you.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

#494532 Feb 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I agree.
People do things for various reasons. You can either believe him or not. You'll never know if he's gay or not.
I went to an Easter service at church last year. Doing so didn't make me a Christian. I did it because it made my parents happy.
It would really make me happy if you would um...um...

Nevermind.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#494533 Feb 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm sure yours was a response to a previous post, but i used it to share the gospel and get back on track.
please tell me what you think about the following theory:
if God indeed so loves the world and if He indeed did send His Son into it and if we do indeed have meticulously preserved documentation of His words and deeds; how trivial do you think it sounds when someone from this said world sums it all up as "spiritual comfort in your faith"?:)
It sounds like an attempt at politeness that you probably don't deserve.

San Francisco

#494534 Feb 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>so much words to answer a rather simple straightforward question LOL
What you believe about the God of Christianity, them your beliefs, and you have a right to them. The bible not needed to gain access to Almighty YHWH God through Jesus Christ. The bible not necessary for someone to make Jesus Christ they personal lord and savior. So you continue to blame the bible for your rejection of the Christ.
You might want to re-read what I posted. I never mentioned the Bible once.
And you answer to if people responsible for their choices and behaviors is,[you think so]? me laughing hard!lol.
Again, you seem to have reading and comprehension issues. I think people are responsible for their actions because I don't believe in fate. I presume you do believe in faith, since you believe in a God which knows the future. Is that correct?
When you come to your senses and live in present day realty that when a person run the red light and get a ticket from the cop, even though God knew they would run the red light, the person will still get the ticket and responsible to pay the ticket. Or the realty of when a drunken driver hit someone and they die, even though God knew they would drink get drunk and drive, the person still going to prison for vehicle homicide.
If God knew that the person in your example was going to run a red light, could the person have done otherwise, and proved God wrong?
When you wake up smell the coffee, and live in that world and realty of responsibility and accountability, that all earthlings now live in, then maybe you writings won't look so stupid and ridiculous, when you call anything [silly]. haha.
Like I said, I have alot more of a sense of responsibility than someone who worships a scapegoat. You also like personal insults alot for someone who is supposedly imbued with the Holy Spirit. I dunno, maybe you were even worse before you adopted Christianity. Is that true?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#494535 Feb 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to share it here like you do on other threads? If so...what times are your sermons...I'll plan on house work or a walk during that time.
aww Annie, you don't like my "sermons"?:(

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#494536 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever read The Hobbit? Do you believe Gandalf the Wizard is real too?
no, but i do believe that there are some good alagories from the story that relate to the battle between the 2 spiritual kingdoms as did the writer;)

San Francisco

#494537 Feb 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
no, but i do believe that there are some good alagories from the story that relate to the battle between the 2 spiritual kingdoms as did the writer;)
Exactly. In the same way, the Bible reflects moral parables of many groups consolidated over time. Fables can be effective moral teachers, but it's a mistake to take them literally.

Speaking of which, what do you suppose the moral lesson is for the story of Noah and the flood in Genesis?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#494538 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thinking about me again, huh ??..
Always.

;-)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#494539 Feb 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>They would not have the gutz to waltz into a Church and sprout off all of this stuff but find it no issue coming into a Forum for JESUS and giving it their best.
Ah, well; I am lucky, my little scroll roll on my mousey doesn't even cause RSI LOL
On the other hand Serah...do you think some of the Christians on Topix would want their pastor and the congregation to read some of the things that they post here? Some of them don't seem to care how they speak for Jesus.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494540 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to re-read what I posted. I never mentioned the Bible once.
<quoted text>
Again, you seem to have reading and comprehension issues. I think people are responsible for their actions because I don't believe in fate. I presume you do believe in faith, since you believe in a God which knows the future. Is that correct?
<quoted text>
If God knew that the person in your example was going to run a red light, could the person have done otherwise, and proved God wrong?
<quoted text>
Like I said, I have alot more of a sense of responsibility than someone who worships a scapegoat. You also like personal insults alot for someone who is supposedly imbued with the Holy Spirit. I dunno, maybe you were even worse before you adopted Christianity. Is that true?
If it was not true, you would not take it personal now would you? your position is silly, I going to call it silly. why? you think you alone can call something silly? Secular Humanism is a cowardly hypocritical bankrupt and barren immoral philosophy. We all see that.

why don't you freethink how I was before Christianity :)

Its not a matter of proving God wrong, its a mater of is that person still responsible for they action and choice to run the red light, that answer is yes.

Now there you go, you said this [I think people are responsible for their actions because I don't believe in fate]

See, now we getting somewhere. So now you can agree that you're responsible for rejecting Jesus Christ. YOU ARE.

You have two different words there: Fate. and Faith.

Yes I have faith in Jesus Christ as my personal lord and savior.

What that have to do with fate? Fate not disqualify responsibility and accountability.

People that are saved and call Jesus Christ lord and savior, are the [whosoever will] People that reject Jesus Christ as personal Lord and savior are the [whosoever wont]

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
That WHOSOEVER believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
[[[

You CHOSE to make yourself into the [whosoever won't]. That your responsibility, and your accountability. Fate no have anything to with that. And using that as a scapegoat, is...silly.:)

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#494541 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If your "for" gay kissing in public because everyone has a right to their personal choices, then you shouldn't be bothered by a friggin nativity scene at Christmas... You shouldn't get all pissy if the Carolers start singing religious Christmas songs, or angry at the 10 Commandments posted at the court house (somebody wanted it there & it makes them happy).
If you're soooooo willing to accept gays, and all that that implies, why not religious folks too?
Kissing in public isn't against federal law.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#494542 Feb 25, 2013
Counter_Strike wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I missed your so called ideas because they were lame. This is why you believed they wooshed over my head but they didn't; I was walking on them all this time trampled in the abysmal muck.
Secondly; don't fool yourself into believing you speak proper English. You say one fish many fishes, you say one sheep many sheeps, you spell Saviour >Savior< and you spell Colour >Color<.
Thirdly, you're not more special than anyone else and your ideas are basically just replayed babble. Why don't you go to an atheist or homosexual thread where you can find common ground, or go have a heart to heart conversation with the apes at the San Fransisco zoo? I'm sure you would blend in just fine.
<quoted text>
Everyone should take a stand against you mon claire. You're bad news and even a worse influence on this Topix thread trying to change it to a Topix that suits you more. There are many in the world like me chum, unafraid and most certainly not easily intimidated. I think it best you go have a cup of tea and a slice or two of toast, go have a shower and go lay down friend. No one in here will get banned because of the likes of you, but I feel somehow that you wouldn't be so expressive in public.
Counter_Strike: So let it be done.[Quo Vadis]
Darn it.

The abysmal muck has returned.

San Francisco

#494543 Feb 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>If it was not true, you would not take it personal now would you?
I don't take it personally. I'm merely making an observation of your behavior.
your position is silly, I going to call it silly. why? you think you alone can call something silly? Secular Humanism is a cowardly hypocritical bankrupt and barren immoral philosophy. We all see that.
LOL! Now you presume to speak for everyone? Including someone you know disagrees with you? Okaaaay.
Its not a matter of proving God wrong, its a mater of is that person still responsible for they action and choice to run the red light, that answer is yes.
You didn't answer my question. If God knew the person would run the red light, could the person choose to do otherwise and prove God wrong?
Now there you go, you said this [I think people are responsible for their actions because I don't believe in fate]
See, now we getting somewhere. So now you can agree that you're responsible for rejecting Jesus Christ. YOU ARE.
Of course I'm responsible for my disbelief. Did I ever say otherwise? What you still don't seem to grasp is that YOU are the one who doesn't believe in free-will, at least if you believe in a God who knows the future.
What that have to do with fate? Fate not disqualify responsibility and accountability.
I do't know why you seem to be confusing yourself. Fate and faith are two different things, I agree. But again, if you believe God knows the future, then there is fate. If there is fate, then free-will cannot exist, as I've tried to explain to you.
People that are saved and call Jesus Christ lord and savior, are the [whosoever will] People that reject Jesus Christ as personal Lord and savior are the [whosoever wont]
[[[
You CHOSE to make yourself into the [whosoever won't]. That your responsibility, and your accountability. Fate no have anything to with that. And using that as a scapegoat, is...silly.:)
If God so loved the world, why doesn't God act like it?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#494544 Feb 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It would really make me happy if you would um...um...
Nevermind.
Again?

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#494545 Feb 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>If it was not true, you would not take it personal now would you? your position is silly, I going to call it silly. why? you think you alone can call something silly? Secular Humanism is a cowardly hypocritical bankrupt and barren immoral philosophy. We all see that.
[[[
Surely this is an exercise in free association, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Anthony MN 542,542
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Charlie Sheen 259,518
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min Johnny 3,098
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Aura Mytha 739,552
molly hatchet 8 min Kid_Tomorrow 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Eagle 12 227,519
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 55 min Roger Paul 848
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr well 95,508
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Joana 150

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••