Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#494570 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this as well
How did you give time to all this diversity and yet avoid everybody who wasn't part of that diversity not feeling left out each time you did it?
You said you had to wipe tears of kids who felt ostracized.
So when you did things that were about Christianity, how did you stop everybody that wasn't Christian from feeling left out?
Then when you did things for Muslims how did you stop everybody who wasn't Muslim from feeling left out?
What were the kinds of things you did? And what was going on with the kids that weren't part of it or did they participate as well?
Found this of much note. So I wonder, would it be ok to have a Muslim dress as a Priest?

Students Made to Wear Burkas in Texas School

http://thedcpost.com/...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#494571 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Darn it.
The abysmal muck has returned.
Oh boy. More hate from a bigot. What a waste.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#494572 Feb 25, 2013
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea... What's he gonna' do?? Tell 'em to give up islam for a membership into Skull-n-Bones??

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#494573 Feb 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Be careful...we once belonged to the same group..."The Singing Demoniacs"!
Right now...I have a cold...sound a little nasally...maybe we can get a stand-in for me...
No, we cant do it without ya!!!!!!!!!

I'm all for gettin the band back together, But,

How are we ever gonna replace Micah?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494574 Feb 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
LOL. My friend calls me Irene.
I'm so glad that you took that in the spirit intended. After dealing with the 'Friends of Jesus C.' for awhile, I stop assuming comprehension or charitable interpretations.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494575 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide actual archaelogical evidence for pre-Roman structures there.
BTW, I am sure one can find websites "proving" the moon is made of cheese....and made by aliens, too.
Sure... But you actually have to read what I give you this time so you can understand it OK?

http://www.lebanonpostcard.com/en/phoenician_...

Fennario

#494576 Feb 25, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Amazing what a few words can do... and how too many can distract from the point, Ja?
Care to elaborate?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#494577 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ever watch football and notice how some receivers party in the end zone after a spectacular catch ??..
.. does a Harvard law professor have the right to be arrogant when a new student tells him how to interpret the constitution ??..
.. in certain, but not all situations, some people have earned the right to be arrogant ..
.. in spiritual situations, nobody has earned the right to be arrogant ..
<quoted text>
.. HFY is a lesbian ??..
No one 'has the right to be arrogant'. Spiritual or otherwise..........

I have no idea what HFY's sexual preferences are, and dont care to either. I'm talking about your team of miscreants out to save the world from christianity..........But then you already knew that..........

Fennario

#494578 Feb 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
Glory, gloory GLOoory!
PRAISE PANGU!
Praise Gob!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#494579 Feb 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be miffed.
<quoted text>
It was "a shred of a shit".
I picked that up from the movie Ted. It's great.
<quoted text>
I am consistently bothered by any public endorsement for religion.
I don't give a shred of a shit about what people want, if they want the government to specifically endorse their religion. Tough luck. This isn't a theocracy.
Is that more clear? Just give me a grunt if it is.
America!!!
Statistically speaking, you should remember that probably 75% of those people in government, which the government is-people, are Christian. It is their American right to display anything religious that they want.
And nobody can stop them.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#494580 Feb 25, 2013
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#494581 Feb 25, 2013

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#494582 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
The problem is Annie he is essentially equating being a Christian to be equal to being s sinner And that's bigotry
No it isn't.

It isn't bigotry when a Muslim calls non Muslims infidel. It isn't bigotry when a Christian says a person is a sinner. It isn't bigotry to equate sin to a Christian, or, all Christians, because,by doctrine, you already believe you and the whole world are sinners anyway. In the same way, to say that "Christians", or Christianity" is/are associated with certain characteristics that it examples, isn't bigotry either.

"non Christians are sinners" - Not bigoted. Why? Because, according to Christian beliefs, it is a component of Christian doctrine, or a precept.

"I equate Christianity to sin" - Not bigoted. Why? because Christian doctrine explicitly says that you, collectively, "the Church" are of sin, sinners.

Christians refer to themselves collectively as "the Church" either as a single denomination(Baptist), a local Church(Piney Grove Baptist), or, to represent all of Christianity(The Christian Church) The Catholic Church, The Protestant Church, etc... each of those are individually, and collectively, under the term(Church)

Fennario

#494583 Feb 25, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
It's a funnier joke than your last one general humanist.
At ease, Private Show.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#494584 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
That would be like me saying I don't hate black people. I just hate all the terrible things all black people do and what they represent And that's bigotry
Yes, that is bigotry, because you are associating a characteristic that a person is born with - a skin color - to something you believe(no sense of humor, for instance)- is a result of that skin color. You automatically think they lack a sense of humor, just because they are black.- Bigotry.

Saying all people born in Appalachia are alcoholics - Bigotry.
Saying all red haired people are a certain "way"(left vague on purpose)- Bigotry.
Saying all tall people, are of lesser intelligence, or,*too nice - Bigotry.*Think about that, even associating something that would for most people be a compliment -*too nice - would be bigoted if you associated that with a skin color, hair color, height, etc.

The one common thread within the examples above; All are leveled at groups of *individuals*, or an *individual* based upon a circumstance or characteristic that they have no control over - hair color, height, birthplace, nationality, etc.,

Let's dissect bigotry even further. Is it bigotry to criticize Institutions, such as Christian or Libertarian? No, but it can be in some instances. Both are Institutions that only require that you say you are one, IE: a member. You are either a Christian or Libertarian just by declaring allegiance or that you *believe* <-and that's a key point-> that you believe in, or accept some component or precept of those Institutions and as a result, that *belief*<-the key point->in that component or precept makes you a Christian, or a Libertarian.

The Libertarian stance on freedom is ridiculous and foolish.- Not a bigoted statement.

The Christian stance on sin is foolish and ridiculous.- Not a bigoted statement.

"Libertarians are are idiots" - Bigoted. "That Libertarian is stupid" - Not bigoted.

"Christians are idiots" - Bigoted. "That Christian is stupid" - Not bigoted.

"Christianity is stupid" - Not bigoted. Why? Bigotry applies to individuals. You are making the statement based upon your assessment of the ideology(Institution, The Church, Christianity) or, a component of the ideology(original sin is a stupid component of Christian doctrine), not because of the individuals that adhere to the ideology.

I used certain words in the examples above(stupid, idiot etc...) on purpose, to highlight that even mildly offensive(idiot, moron, bozo) or very offensive words(vulgarity, cursing) can be used and just that usage of a term, does not impart a type of bigotry or infer a person is bigot in using an offensive word, it merely implies poor choices in using offensive words.

Also..

I think a case could be made in which if you use the Libertarian or Christian ideology(or any Institution/ideology) as a means to escape criticism or opinion, by saying it is bigoted to give an opinion about you or a group would be an instance in which leveling the charge of bigotry against another could be bigotry in and of itself.

Maybe not... It could warrant discussion.

Since: Jul 08

Columbus, OH

#494586 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistically speaking, you should remember that probably 75% of those people in government, which the government is-people, are Christian. It is their American right to display anything religious that they want.
And nobody can stop them.
Incorrect.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#494587 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
It may be that, during his tenure as Pastor of the Thread, Mr. Q was lax with respect to discipline.
Pastor Catcher however will be a tougher taskmaster.
Arrogance of the sort you display in this post will not be tolerated.
Hold ground and make no more attempt to spew rancid words. Will not be tolerated by who or what Mr. 1? You have issues with me, make clear statements and now cower in damp and darkened corner ready to pounce like thief.

Make your statements clear and be swift and decisive about it.

Quo Vadis.

Fennario

#494588 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
So that is how "functionally illiterate" is used. Thanks! I didn't know.
Dim is a perfect example of functional illiteracy. He can recite words on a page aloud, but they have as much impact as they would on somebody who can't read them.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#494589 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a word to tell you how much I enjoy and appreciate your contribution.
This is as per usual quite poor. I'm not sure others share appreciation for your dismal contribution(s) thus far. Somehow I believe you have it in you to make decent argument and share words of meaning and purpose.

Counter_Strike.
d lawd

Buncrana, Ireland

#494590 Feb 25, 2013
Are you all on crack? There is no Jesus you retards

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 20 min River Tam 104,506
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 42 min Gabriel 981,182
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Phooey 672,894
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 389
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Holy Child Jehova... 445,843
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr Rob Ford Sr 286,299
About Times and Laws 8 hr harvey plunkett 1
More from around the web