Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#494497 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Well gosh...that's never stopped "you" from hitt'n on any female that got within one page of ya has it.
let's define "hitt'n on" shall we?

in my definition of the term; there's no way 1 anonymous person possibly thousands of miles away from another can really 'hit on' anyone in a public forum like this. i do believe that it's possible to get silly and flirtatious tho.

if you're gonna hold being silly against 1 particular person because of their shared views, you'd be a hypocrite if you didn't hold everyone to your same standard. you don't really wanna be a blatant hypocrite now, do ya?:)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494498 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I shutdown all the churches in my community except the one the majority likes, perhaps a Mosque, and you have no problem with that because no one is forcing you
Lets put it another way. The school has a satanic coven during the morning (55% of the children voted for it). Your child doesn't have to participate but he is forced to "watch in respectful silence".
If it wasnt during class and was elective and 55% was the higest peercentage of agreement then I simply would not allow my child to participate. Although I would think they could find something that a larger majority would be ok with as I think that should be the goal to have as many kids involved as possible. I cant imagine a scenario where you example would fit that but if it did then yes I would not oppose it but would not let my childc participate and would probably be looking at other schools if that many were into devil worship. But I wouldnt try to restrict what others do if they decided fairly

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#494499 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you're saying G_O_D's belief system is wrong. Again ..
.. abstracted from WHEN JESUS BECAME GOD by Richard Rubenstein, here's a little history for you ..
1. In 324, Constantine the Great became the emperor of Rome.
2. Christians turned to the quest of how to define what beliefs identified a 'true' Christian.
3. Arius preached that Jesus, thought uniquely holy, is less than God.
4. Athanasius argued that Jesus is God himself in human form.
5. The debate over Jesus' degree of divinity escalated from heated arguments to violence and bloodshed.
6. Athanasius won the argument and Jesus became God.
.. and, no, I won't give you the page numbers. Buy the book ..
well gosh - a common person could easily deduce that Jesus is God just by reading the Bible!:)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#494500 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I changed my mind.
Was there something wrong with the one you had?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#494501 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Nah...East of phoenix...copper mostly Clay or Moranci fellas mostly.
Ya he was a bit upset. LOL!
Arizonia not New Mexico.
A highth of excitement.
mobile7

Lenoir, NC

#494502 Feb 25, 2013
silent night
Holy night.....All is calm ......All is bright...,:-P
mobile7

Lenoir, NC

#494503 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide actual archaelogical evidence for pre-Roman structures there.
BTW, I am sure one can find websites "proving" the moon is made of cheese....and made by aliens, too.
Go take a walk. All this thinking is showing your stupidity.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#494504 Feb 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
A highth of excitement.
.. thinking about me again, huh ??..

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#494505 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I have no intention on responding to most your posts but this one I will simply because the rationale is preposterous and should be corrected
Let's see how well you do.
Skombolis wrote:
Someone can prefer all gay people confine their gay activities to within their home and talk about or show they are gay in public
What the hell are you talking about?

Would you rather watch two guys make out, or not watch two guys make out, as a matter of preference? I for one, would prefer not to see that. I'm not going to stop them. I'm not going to infringe their rights. I'm not even going to be rude to them, or think that they are less than me. I might feel a little happy for them, or jealous even. I just get a little woozy seeing two dudes getting all worked up right in front of me. I can't help that, I was conditioned to respond that way. And if someone walked up and asked those nice boys to stop kissing, I'd be offended by that person. But I wouldn't tell that person not to tell those guys to stop kissing each other. I'd only intercede if the person asking the tongue wrestlers to stop became hostile. Then I might try to make sure that the nice gay couple are not the victims of violent bigotry. If that didn't make sense to you, I'm not surprised.
Skombolis wrote:
Guess what, that preference is bigoted...regardless if they would go so far as to vote to make it illegal to do so
No, that's jumping from bias, skipping prejudice, and landing on bigotry, without cause.
Skombolis wrote:
Which I don't believe her since she said her goal is to limit the spread of Christianity. I think she would jump at the chance to make it illegal
But the basis of someone preference can easily be a bigoted one
Bullshirt.(Thanks to Juic...er Illuminatrix)

She would not jump at the chance to make it illegal. How much do you need that to be true?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#494506 Feb 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm sure yours was a response to a previous post, but i used it to share the gospel and get back on track.
please tell me what you think about the following theory:
if God indeed so loves the world and if He indeed did send His Son into it and if we do indeed have meticulously preserved documentation of His words and deeds; how trivial do you think it sounds when someone from this said world sums it all up as "spiritual comfort in your faith"?:)
Are you going to share it here like you do on other threads? If so...what times are your sermons...I'll plan on house work or a walk during that time.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#494507 Feb 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Great are You Lord, and most worthy of praise. You are a mighty fortress. I clap my hands and sing praises of joy before You, most awesome Lord on high. I know that You, God, reign over the nations and You, God, are seated on Your holy throne. And from that throne You may speak words of vengeance or words of protection, and it is done. May You be exalted. Please protect Your people and help us to be united for You as we live and minister to one another in this world. In Jesus' name, amen.
Prime time with God
Amen :)

#494508 Feb 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words.....
Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.
Psalm 103:2-3
K-Love
Amen :)

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#494509 Feb 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well gosh - a common person could easily deduce that Jesus is God just by reading the Bible!:)
Ever read The Hobbit? Do you believe Gandalf the Wizard is real too?

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#494510 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I changed my mind.
Please notice that I did not give my word. It was just a personal decision, and I had the right to change my mind.
Besides, if you parse my post very, very carefully, everybody will be able to see that I actually did not say that I was leaving, just that I felt unable to contribute further.
When I give my word, I keep it. But when I make a personal decision, I can change it, and besides I am careful to leave myself some wiggle room in case I am criticized.
LOL

I almost peed my pants. I saw it coming...but it was right at the top of the next page...awesome.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#494511 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Disagree.
Believe me when I tell you, I understand. I liken your position to a person that's happy to be alive even after losing the ability to function normally. I mean, there's nothing wrong with having a positive outlook on life, or even to have a positive hope for our future. But, it's foolish to ignore the negativity that's taken hold of our societies. Every day, we're on the brink of nuclear war, or war, period. Diseases run rampant throughout. Starvation threatens many. And some scientists have stated that even if every person alive, today, went "green," that it's still too late to reverse the damage done to our planet. In this, our societies suffer more from the ignorance of men than it does profit from our intelligence. Come to think of it, it's the so-called "intelligence" of men that birthed the capability of destroying the planet and everything on it by the push of a button. So, now and in that, we have both, our so-called "intelligence" and ignorance working against our progression.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Oh. Well that's much different then, isn't it?
It is. I refuse to believe that we, as flesh and blood, are genetically predisposed to sin. I believe that that belief is based on a most erroneous interpretation of what's written in the bible. As Paul wrote what he did, to which I believe are misinterpreted and misunderstood, scriptures name certain people that were considered "faithful" and "perfect." But, the so-called "church" will lose money if they taught people otherwise. The "church" will lose money if people started believing in and relying on their own capabilities and potential and not in and on the "church" for spiritual and physical progression.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#494512 Feb 25, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexuality is absolutly forbidden.It is not ordained by God, and therefore it is not lawful.
Good night people and take care.
So are ham and cheese sandwiches. Silly Iron Age book.

#494513 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
"Who can assure us that we will be alive tomorrow? Let us listen to the voice of our conscience, to the voice of the royal prophet: "Today, if you hear God's voice, harden not your heart." Let us not put off from one moment to another (what we should do) because the (next moment) is not yet ours."
Nice posting..... Yesterday has gone ~ tomorrow is yet to come; today is our Present, our Gift from GOD :)

Not sure who wrote that, and I might have the words a bit wrong, but the meaning is clear!!

#494514 Feb 25, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
What god?
I am becoming convinced you are a cristian..
I'm a Humanist Atheist now, just like you claim to be, I don't need forgiveness and can be as rude to you as I like.
You are far Dimmer than Skom... no original thought, no comprehension skills..
I shall call you Dum, yeah it looks good written down..
You could at least be a funny troll Dum.
hahaha....... I guess I can laugh at the comical postings, even if I can't write them LOL

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494515 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So are ham and cheese sandwiches. Silly Iron Age book.
Remind us all what is [silly] again?

Are people responsible for their choices and behaviors?~~grin~~

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#494516 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Man are you stupid
I am comparing the hate not the groups being hated
The hate is exactly the same
And when hate manifests itself through negative stereotypes it is called bigotry
What hate?

What stereotyping?

These were strawmen. You projected these things all on your own.

If you would stop committing fallacies and other errors, you'd have nothing, which is why you must resort to such tactics.

The real world isn't giving you what you need, a lying bigoted opponent, so you are creating them in your mind. I don't think you are intentionally being dishonest. I think you're completely deluded. I pity you, Skom. I am sad for you. This is extremely depressing. I use ridicule because it works sometimes to break down the delusional protection mechanisms. If you continue to slander people because of your delusions, I will utilize more aggressive means of ridicule. I'm at 20%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min True Truth 839,179
sexy girl want to Skype fun Skype: dilinazi20 9 min morgo 7
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min Tony17 100,016
Pavani Group Reviews 39 min Namrata 4
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 44 min dollarsbill 4,477
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr marge 590,364
St Clair County IL DCFS (Sep '14) 1 hr wronglyaccused3 2
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 271,353
More from around the web