Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#494509 Feb 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well gosh - a common person could easily deduce that Jesus is God just by reading the Bible!:)
Ever read The Hobbit? Do you believe Gandalf the Wizard is real too?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#494510 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I changed my mind.
Please notice that I did not give my word. It was just a personal decision, and I had the right to change my mind.
Besides, if you parse my post very, very carefully, everybody will be able to see that I actually did not say that I was leaving, just that I felt unable to contribute further.
When I give my word, I keep it. But when I make a personal decision, I can change it, and besides I am careful to leave myself some wiggle room in case I am criticized.
LOL

I almost peed my pants. I saw it coming...but it was right at the top of the next page...awesome.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#494511 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Disagree.
Believe me when I tell you, I understand. I liken your position to a person that's happy to be alive even after losing the ability to function normally. I mean, there's nothing wrong with having a positive outlook on life, or even to have a positive hope for our future. But, it's foolish to ignore the negativity that's taken hold of our societies. Every day, we're on the brink of nuclear war, or war, period. Diseases run rampant throughout. Starvation threatens many. And some scientists have stated that even if every person alive, today, went "green," that it's still too late to reverse the damage done to our planet. In this, our societies suffer more from the ignorance of men than it does profit from our intelligence. Come to think of it, it's the so-called "intelligence" of men that birthed the capability of destroying the planet and everything on it by the push of a button. So, now and in that, we have both, our so-called "intelligence" and ignorance working against our progression.
Oh. Well that's much different then, isn't it?
It is. I refuse to believe that we, as flesh and blood, are genetically predisposed to sin. I believe that that belief is based on a most erroneous interpretation of what's written in the bible. As Paul wrote what he did, to which I believe are misinterpreted and misunderstood, scriptures name certain people that were considered "faithful" and "perfect." But, the so-called "church" will lose money if they taught people otherwise. The "church" will lose money if people started believing in and relying on their own capabilities and potential and not in and on the "church" for spiritual and physical progression.

San Francisco

#494512 Feb 25, 2013
Adam wrote:
Homosexuality is absolutly forbidden.It is not ordained by God, and therefore it is not lawful.
Good night people and take care.
So are ham and cheese sandwiches. Silly Iron Age book.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#494513 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
"Who can assure us that we will be alive tomorrow? Let us listen to the voice of our conscience, to the voice of the royal prophet: "Today, if you hear God's voice, harden not your heart." Let us not put off from one moment to another (what we should do) because the (next moment) is not yet ours."
Nice posting..... Yesterday has gone ~ tomorrow is yet to come; today is our Present, our Gift from GOD :)

Not sure who wrote that, and I might have the words a bit wrong, but the meaning is clear!!

#494514 Feb 25, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
What god?
I am becoming convinced you are a cristian..
I'm a Humanist Atheist now, just like you claim to be, I don't need forgiveness and can be as rude to you as I like.
You are far Dimmer than Skom... no original thought, no comprehension skills..
I shall call you Dum, yeah it looks good written down..
You could at least be a funny troll Dum.
hahaha....... I guess I can laugh at the comical postings, even if I can't write them LOL

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494515 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So are ham and cheese sandwiches. Silly Iron Age book.
Remind us all what is [silly] again?

Are people responsible for their choices and behaviors?~~grin~~

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#494516 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Man are you stupid
I am comparing the hate not the groups being hated
The hate is exactly the same
And when hate manifests itself through negative stereotypes it is called bigotry
What hate?

What stereotyping?

These were strawmen. You projected these things all on your own.

If you would stop committing fallacies and other errors, you'd have nothing, which is why you must resort to such tactics.

The real world isn't giving you what you need, a lying bigoted opponent, so you are creating them in your mind. I don't think you are intentionally being dishonest. I think you're completely deluded. I pity you, Skom. I am sad for you. This is extremely depressing. I use ridicule because it works sometimes to break down the delusional protection mechanisms. If you continue to slander people because of your delusions, I will utilize more aggressive means of ridicule. I'm at 20%.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#494517 Feb 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Would you rather watch two guys make out, or not watch two guys make out, as a matter of preference? I for one, would prefer not to see that. I'm not going to stop them. I'm not going to infringe their rights. I'm not even going to be rude to them, or think that they are less than me. I might feel a little happy for them, or jealous even. I just get a little woozy seeing two dudes getting all worked up right in front of me. I can't help that, I was conditioned to respond that way. And if someone walked up and asked those nice boys to stop kissing, I'd be offended by that person. But I wouldn't tell that person not to tell those guys to stop kissing each other. I'd only intercede if the person asking the tongue wrestlers to stop became hostile. Then I might try to make sure that the nice gay couple are not the victims of violent bigotry. If that didn't make sense to you, I'm not surprised.
If your "for" gay kissing in public because everyone has a right to their personal choices, then you shouldn't be bothered by a friggin nativity scene at Christmas... You shouldn't get all pissy if the Carolers start singing religious Christmas songs, or angry at the 10 Commandments posted at the court house (somebody wanted it there & it makes them happy).

If you're soooooo willing to accept gays, and all that that implies, why not religious folks too?

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#494518 Feb 25, 2013
You? Never. That was one that whooshed over your head.
Your mind is as unprepared for such ideas as it would be for the same ideas written in Mandarin.
I noted earlier that one excellent reason for skeptics and humanists to be post on these Topix threads is to learn from one another - that this can be considered "atheist school."
But there is nothing there for you except maybe the odd remedial English lesson if you can understand it.
First of all, I missed your so called ideas because they were lame. This is why you believed they wooshed over my head but they didn't; I was walking on them all this time trampled in the abysmal muck.

Secondly; don't fool yourself into believing you speak proper English. You say one fish many fishes, you say one sheep many sheeps, you spell Saviour >Savior< and you spell Colour >Color<.

Thirdly, you're not more special than anyone else and your ideas are basically just replayed babble. Why don't you go to an atheist or homosexual thread where you can find common ground, or go have a heart to heart conversation with the apes at the San Fransisco zoo? I'm sure you would blend in just fine.
Did you mean "declined"?
Invitations are not denied. Claims, applications, appeals, accusations and the like are.
Some of you Christians have become much more agitated with me lately. Since I have been as anti-ecclesiastical as possible right from the beginning, it must be due to my call to all good Christians to take a stand against Dim. Even Lil Whiskas has come out of the her cat box hissing and with claws bared to retaliate.
Sorry if I make you uncomfortable.
Everyone should take a stand against you mon claire. You're bad news and even a worse influence on this Topix thread trying to change it to a Topix that suits you more. There are many in the world like me chum, unafraid and most certainly not easily intimidated. I think it best you go have a cup of tea and a slice or two of toast, go have a shower and go lay down friend. No one in here will get banned because of the likes of you, but I feel somehow that you wouldn't be so expressive in public.

Counter_Strike: So let it be done.[Quo Vadis]

#494520 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom, one of two of your posts have a nasty edge to them. You neednt let atheists wind you up so much. That is playing into their hands. Its their raison d'etre to cause strife here.
Yes ~ Exactly :)
I am going to pop here some more chemical stuff to be concerned about, even though it doesn't appear to have much to do with your posting.
***Bisphenol A (BPA) is an organic compound with the chemical formula (CH3)2C(C6H4OH)2. It is part of the bisphenols group of chemical compounds with two hydroxyphenyl functionalities. It is a colorless solid that is soluble in organic solvents, but poorly soluble in water. Having two phenol functional groups, it is used to make polycarbonate polymers and epoxy resins, along with other materials used to make plastics. Bisphenol A has a vapor pressure of 5*10&#8722;6 Pa.[1]
BPA exhibits hormone-like properties that raise concern about its suitability in consumer products and food containers. Since 2008, several governments have questioned its safety, which prompted some retailers to withdraw polycarbonate products. A 2010 report from the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) warned of possible hazards to fetuses, infants, and young children.[2] In September 2010, Canada became the first country to declare BPA a toxic substance.[3][4] The European Union, Canada, and recently the United States have banned BPA use in baby bottles.[5]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisphenol_A ***
***Water bottles made from PET plastic leach compounds that mimic the hormone oestrogen raising questions about their safety, say German researchers.
Previous research has focused on plastics containing the chemical bisphenol-a (BPA). During that time regular PET plastic water bottles have maintained a reputation as safe, at least as far as human health is concerned.
But new evidence suggests that PET, or polyethylene terephthalate, may not be so benign after all.
Scientists at Goethe University in Frankfurt found that estrogenic compounds leach from the plastic into the water.
It's too soon to say whether drinking out of PET plastic bottles is harmful to human health, says lead researcher Martin Wagner.
But it now appears possible that some as-yet unidentified chemicals in these plastics have the potential to interfere with estrogen and other reproductive hormones, just as BPA and phthalates do.
"What we found was really surprising to us," says Wagner. "If you drink water from plastic bottles, you have a high probability of drinking estrogenic compounds."
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2009/0... ***
I guess I am lucky I am allergic (wow, three I's (no make that 4) in half a sentence... to these additives because my drinking bottle is BPA and PET free.
***Estrogens are female sex hormones. Natural estrogens are responsible for female sexual development and play an essential role in fertility, pregnancy, and lactation. However, in both males and females excess estrogens can cause birth defects, abnormal sexual development, problems with the nervous system, the immune system, and cancer.
Many synthetic chemicals that also mimic estrogen are commercially manufactured for a specific purpose or produced as a byproduct, often as pharmaceuticals and contraceptives. The concern arises from the fact that, surprisingly, a number of synthetic chemicals (even some that do not closely resemble the structure of natural estrogens) have estrogen-like activity in animals, including humans. In some cases, these chemicals imitate estrogen in the body, but estrogen-like activity can also result from interference with the action or production of the natural hormones.
http://www.envtox.ucdavis.edu/cehs/toxins/est... ***
Nasty stuff, Hey?

#494521 Feb 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Praise God.....:-)
>>>H_U_G_S<< <
>>>H_U_G_S<< < also to you my sweet Sister Friend from up Yonder :)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#494522 Feb 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Nice posting..... Yesterday has gone ~ tomorrow is yet to come; today is our Present, our Gift from GOD :)
Not sure who wrote that, and I might have the words a bit wrong, but the meaning is clear!!
Your words made me think of this song...being by Elvis made me think of Ham...I know you loved him so...from me to you in memory...

#494523 Feb 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I have been doing.....Makes my thumb sore...But there are no posts that I feel I need to respond to...Too much negativity
Peace and Blesings to you too Friend
They would not have the gutz to waltz into a Church and sprout off all of this stuff but find it no issue coming into a Forum for JESUS and giving it their best.

Ah, well; I am lucky, my little scroll roll on my mousey doesn't even cause RSI LOL

#494524 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Hahahah!
The quarry for the largest stones was 1 "mile" away...it is an uphill move... And the upper layer of the trilithon is placed 10 meters above the 19 foundation stones and razor fitted. These blocks were 870 tons each.
The 19 smaller stones are what is being guessed at there.
Now Adam figured that it would take 512 men to even move a block weighing 2/3 of that weight and size 800 meters. Not only that but he also assumed that they would use "pulleys". I would love to see how one would logistically place 512 men around a block measuring 19 L X 4.2 meters W , and then raise them and fit them 10 meters up.
There is not a crane outfit nor a moving bridged jeep outfit that will be able to move these articles anywhere in the world today.
The building of Stone Henge is also fascinating; and they still gather there each Winter and Summer Solstice to witness (weather permitting) the amazing sight of the sun shining through that old old ancient creation. Amazing....

San Francisco

#494525 Feb 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Remind us all what is [silly] again?
Are people responsible for their choices and behaviors?~~grin~~
Silly is claiming that God favors your ethnic tribe above all others because the males trim their penises.

Silly is imagining that the entire universe was created around one specific species on a particular planet in a back-water solar system on the outer arm of one galaxy among billions of others.

Silly is imagining that your deity is any more real than the thousands of others that have ever been or ever will be dreamed up by innumerable cultures.

Are people responsible for their behaviors? I think so. But if their fate is pre-determined, which your religions says is the case, then how could they be? Also, doesn't your religion worship a scapegoat? And you are asking ME about responsibility? LOL. That's funny.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#494526 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Oh, you're welcome to find them interesting. That's quite a bit different than telling me I should use them to base testable hypotheses about the past on.
I'm sure they're as interesting as modern day fiction, perhaps more so if you're trying to understand what themes compelled past peoples.
So, let me ask you, then.

If we had a nuclear war today, and everything was decimated with only a few survivors, how long do you think it would take before these few survivors can start rebuilding "civilization"? Then, 10,000 years from now, what do you think would survive from today?

San Francisco

#494527 Feb 25, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>So, let me ask you, then.
If we had a nuclear war today, and everything was decimated with only a few survivors, how long do you think it would take before these few survivors can start rebuilding "civilization"? Then, 10,000 years from now, what do you think would survive from today?
That's an interesting question. What would survive would probably largely depend on the culture of the few who survived prior to the destruction. Though things would probably morph and distort pretty quickly as the generations evolved. And I would be very surprised if cults and religions didn't evolve all over again. Every culture has myths based on their cultural values.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494528 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You don't even know it but you are agreeing with me
I don't know anybody, anywhere that could walk in and see their husband engaging in oral sex with another man that would believe he isn't gay
Hiding claims guys can go around blowing other guys and it is just a sexual identity issue, it doesn't mean they are gay
Do you agree "new" poster?
I agree.

People do things for various reasons. You can either believe him or not. You'll never know if he's gay or not.

I went to an Easter service at church last year. Doing so didn't make me a Christian. I did it because it made my parents happy.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494529 Feb 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly is claiming that God favors your ethnic tribe above all others because the males trim their penises.
Silly is imagining that the entire universe was created around one specific species on a particular planet in a back-water solar system on the outer arm of one galaxy among billions of others.
Silly is imagining that your deity is any more real than the thousands of others that have ever been or ever will be dreamed up by innumerable cultures.
Are people responsible for their behaviors? I think so. But if their fate is pre-determined, which your religions says is the case, then how could they be? Also, doesn't your religion worship a scapegoat? And you are asking ME about responsibility? LOL. That's funny.
so much words to answer a rather simple straightforward question LOL

What you believe about the God of Christianity, them your beliefs, and you have a right to them. The bible not needed to gain access to Almighty YHWH God through Jesus Christ. The bible not necessary for someone to make Jesus Christ they personal lord and savior. So you continue to blame the bible for your rejection of the Christ.

And you answer to if people responsible for their choices and behaviors is,[you think so]? me laughing hard!lol.

When you come to your senses and live in present day realty that when a person run the red light and get a ticket from the cop, even though God knew they would run the red light, the person will still get the ticket and responsible to pay the ticket. Or the realty of when a drunken driver hit someone and they die, even though God knew they would drink get drunk and drive, the person still going to prison for vehicle homicide.

When you wake up smell the coffee, and live in that world and realty of responsibility and accountability, that all earthlings now live in, then maybe you writings won't look so stupid and ridiculous, when you call anything [silly]. haha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min truth 183,651
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr River Tam 92,792
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr truth 667,983
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr RiccardoFire 46,042
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr onemale 286,102
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr Joe Fortuna 979,486
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 hr MUQ2 1,105
More from around the web