Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Emperor Constantine said it was 1700 years ago.
Before 325 AD there was no such things as a Bible.
You beielve in an Emperor, not Jesus.
look who's talking, and to correct you on another post you made, Jesus IS a KING, he is THE LORD OF LORDS AND KING OF KINGS, a little something for your spiritual education there.(c;

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Chris, good point, when you have the type of spirit that many of these degenerates have, you really are very mixed up on so many levels.
Hey! I'm not a degenerate :(...

Lol, I'm over my tantrum, how are you Lawest?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I'm also disgusted by willfully ignorant people that do their best to become and remain stupid.
You can identify them by their lack of argument, their appeal to dogma, their "well I wrote it down so it must be true" statements. And, in Skom's case, his open dissembling.
It's all quite unbecoming.
Yes, we can talk about sex now :)
But...hey...why just talk???
I have a question so I thought I'd ask you, apparently the smartest poster on topix (at least thats what I get from your posts).........

Is arrogance a by-product of knowledge? It seems to be..........

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that 'the sand' is geographically just a light dusting over bedrock, right ?
shouldn't matter when it comes ta mak'n tektite..heat and pressure is heat and pressure...sand is sand.
When ya put the two together under those conditions, ya create tektite or molten spheres of rock...sometimes miles of it...depending upon the path of the projectile and its speed and atmospheric compression.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>Your a quick study..........

;0)
Lol :)
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you thought of running for high office? Only joking :D
No.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>That is simply not practical

If a school has a school dance and it is a theme, should they have to have separate dance representing every theme that everyone voted on or do they go with the majority?

If in gym class they have a choice of sports and 20 want to play doge ball and 2 want to play tag and 2 want to play softball and one wants to play flag-football, should they have to do all or nothing or do they go with the majority?

Nobody should be forced to do anything.

Things like Christmas carols are going to found it elective activities such as plays. Religious themes and symbols have been deemed legal in things like plays even in a secular school

So if 95% of the school wants to have a Christmas play and 1% wants a Jewish Play and 1% wants a Buddhist play and 1% wants a secular play and 1% wants a devil-worshiping play and 1% wants a sports-themed play then the school has to either put on 6 plays or have none?

This is a democracy and in many cases the fairest and only practical solution is to go with the majority, especially if it is the vast majority

Otherwise nobody could ever do anything as you can't please everybody
Devil worshiping play? Lol.. Thank goodness I don't live there...

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Just say you don't know...it's not a sin...and you won't look so foolish.
Lol.. Got yer wooden spoon out..

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>Have you thought of running for high office? Only joking :D
Hi :-)

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>**SNIPPED**The poster named Adam has said more than once that homosexuals should be killed. I hate and have no respect for his ideology...I don't hate him. I will admit however...there are times that when he leaves music for me...I don't respond because of knowing his ideology.
I hate and detest CS's ideology...I don't hate him. Though I admit...there are times that I have no respect for him as a person.
.. in this forum, we tread on very sensitive subjects. How can anyone like a person who demeans their values, love or belief system ??..

.. as the mother of a proud gay man, with the gentleness of a mother's love, like a bear with her cub, you will protect and defend your son even if it means surrendering your very life ..

.. something somewhat identical occurs with some Christians in this forum. With a firm belief in scripture, like a child obeying their parent, with the ferociousness of a gladiator, they will protect and defend their interpretation of the bible ..

.. it would be impossible for you to like someone like Adam, CS or Trifecta1 because they encroach on your den. Likewise, they will never fancy you because of your perception and challenge of scripture ..

.. it's perfectly human not to like or respect someone based on their behavior. For me, that's why the "love the sinner, hate the sin," allegory doesn't work. How can anyone love a mass murderer or pedophile? It abnegates the very meaning of the word ..

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>I have a question so I thought I'd ask you, apparently the smartest poster on topix (at least thats what I get from your posts).........

Is arrogance a by-product of knowledge? It seems to be..........
Lol, good to see you Larry :)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

AnnieJ wrote:
Don't know about HFY but...
Nobody does, so that's OK.
I am okay with it as long as every other religion is also represented.
I will tell you though after working in the school system for years that to fairly represent each religion would take time away from education. There is a lot of time already where the children are not learning...at least half of the day seems to be filled with "other" stuff.
I've noticed that public schools tend to waste a lot of time & money on irrelevant topics to a child's education. Religion & praying IS one of them, but I was trying to make a point. That these hypocrites advocate "teaching" shit like gay marriage in our schools but nor prayer...
I think people make to much of a deal over this one. Unless you are an atheist that believes no god exists then you can reference "God" to the god that one might believe in.
It doesn't after all say..."In the Christian God We Trust" or "so help me Christian God".
Yup. And in this case, majority rules. Considering that true atheists are only about .07% of the population, we cater to the 99.3% that know there's a god, believe there's a god or believe there might be some kind of god.

“Saved. ”

Since: Aug 12

Like Ice On planet Mercury

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

TITLE: "Facebook Shuts Down 'Bareback Page,' Devoted To Unprotected Gay Sex, After More Than 20,000 'Like' It"

==========

What Some Gays are thinkun'>:/-

1. "HIV isn’t a death sentence and hasn’t been in a long time. We don’t need protecting. We need to stop judging each other and accept that although we’re all gay (or some shade of gay) that we’re entitled to do whatever the hell we want, no matter how risky or unsafe, without some snot nose uppity bitch telling someone they’re living their life the wrong way."

2. "Barebacking and unprotected sex are not the same, according to experts who see barebacking as a separate "phenomenon" of the late 1990s. More men began consciously rejecting condoms, while simultaneously, medical breakthroughs were allowing people with HIV to live longer without getting AIDS...

Hence, one definition of barebacking: intentional, unprotected anal sex, while accepting or seeking the risks."

==========

The 47 Percent: "Last month, a survey of gay and BISEXUAL men by New York’s Community Healthcare Network (CHN) found that almost 47 percent of men who use apps to find partners admitted to barebacking “always, often or sometimes."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/13/face...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have successfully taken several bar examinations.
Life's been good to me so far (Eagles).
Joe Walsh..........

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody does, so that's OK.

[QUOTE] I am okay with it as long as every other religion is also represented.
I will tell you though after working in the school system for years that to fairly represent each religion would take time away from education. There is a lot of time already where the children are not learning...at least half of the day seems to be filled with "other" stuff. "

I've noticed that public schools tend to waste a lot of time & money on irrelevant topics to a child's education. Religion & praying IS one of them, but I was trying to make a point. That these hypocrites advocate "teaching" shit like gay marriage in our schools but nor prayer...

[QUOTE] I think people make to much of a deal over this one. Unless you are an atheist that believes no god exists then you can reference "God" to the god that one might believe in.
It doesn't after all say..."In the Christian God We Trust" or "so help me Christian God"."

Yup. And in this case, majority rules. Considering that true atheists are only about .07% of the population, we cater to the 99.3% that know there's a god, believe there's a god or believe there might be some kind of god.
That's a relief..

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
That is simply not practical
If a school has a school dance and it is a theme, should they have to have separate dance representing every theme that everyone voted on or do they go with the majority?
If in gym class they have a choice of sports and 20 want to play doge ball and 2 want to play tag and 2 want to play softball and one wants to play flag-football, should they have to do all or nothing or do they go with the majority?
Nobody should be forced to do anything.
Things like Christmas carols are going to found it elective activities such as plays. Religious themes and symbols have been deemed legal in things like plays even in a secular school
So if 95% of the school wants to have a Christmas play and 1% wants a Jewish Play and 1% wants a Buddhist play and 1% wants a secular play and 1% wants a devil-worshiping play and 1% wants a sports-themed play then the school has to either put on 6 plays or have none?
This is a democracy and in many cases the fairest and only practical solution is to go with the majority, especially if it is the vast majority
Otherwise nobody could ever do anything as you can't please everybody
I agree...you can't please everyone...that is why it is best to leave matters of faith out of the school system as much as possible. That should be done by parents and guardians before coming to school.

It is hard in this country with the diversity that we have not only in faith but in cultural differences. IMO we need to make our schools as inclusive as we can to the diversity.

Hard for me to compare a school dance and gym class to faith but I will say this...

The school system that I worked for tried their best to make sure that ALL children were included during the school day. We tried to honor their diversity and culture. We had times through out the year that we allowed all children to share that diversity and culture with others...that included those that are Christian...Jewish...Muslim... and our Native American families. We couldn't on a daily basis due to time constraints.

Gym class like other classes were on a curriculum schedule. We rotated through different sports so that each child had a chance to experience as much as possible. On free days...they got to pick what they wanted to do...even if no one else picked that sport.

What I found about school dances...the children didn't really care as much about a theme as the adults did...they just wanted to be there...most of them could have cared less.

Steve...I worked with a group of kids that were often ostracized from the group...I wiped more than one tear from the face of a child that was being left out. I remember on the last day of school when all the other kids were enjoying the parties and outside activities...

I had one child sitting in the room with me...yes he had misbehaved but in my opinion...his punishment was too severe...being left out...being made to feel different. He tried to be big and tough as if it didn't matter...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In Shanghai, there's a street with many small "shops," one next to the other, occupied by fortune tellers. They tend to be older men, sporting foot-long beards. I asked my tour guide who goes to these guys, and what sort of questions they ask. The guide told me women tend to go to them, and a woman might ask, say, where her husband is (suspecting him of infidelity). So I asked the guide what the fortune teller would answer, and the guide said, "He would probably tell the woman to call the husband's cell phone and ask him where he is."
The moral of the story: You get what you pay for.
Tea leaf readin gypsies fortune tellin my dreams!!!!!!

Baby I'm a dreamer..........

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not making any conclusions. I am stating that a meteor is more probable than ancient aliens or ancient nukes.
I won't make any definite conclusion. Someone needs ta quit all the misinformation. These things need categorized properly. There was no impact within the city...yet there is vitrification from an epicenter outward reported. It takes at a minimum 1800 degrees to achieve that.
That would also tell ya that the meteor would have had to come almost directly down or there would have been a molten path which was linear like in the Sahara(Libya).

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't believe in Cobstantine, the popes and luther, I believe in the Bible because it is God's Holy Word and I believe that the epistles that Paul wrote is a legitimate part of God's Word, I have proof that you really do not believe in God / Christ at all.......
Luke 10:16
16 He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.
Jesus just said that you hate him if you reject and despise those that he sent, and Jesus is far more than good enough for me as he is the only one needed for our salvation, you are the one rejecting him because you reject those who testify of him.
Hebrews 10:7
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
.. you're saying G_O_D's belief system is wrong. Again ..

.. abstracted from WHEN JESUS BECAME GOD by Richard Rubenstein, here's a little history for you ..

1. In 324, Constantine the Great became the emperor of Rome.

2. Christians turned to the quest of how to define what beliefs identified a 'true' Christian.

3. Arius preached that Jesus, thought uniquely holy, is less than God.

4. Athanasius argued that Jesus is God himself in human form.

5. The debate over Jesus' degree of divinity escalated from heated arguments to violence and bloodshed.

6. Athanasius won the argument and Jesus became God.

.. and, no, I won't give you the page numbers. Buy the book ..

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, good to see you Larry :)
Hey JL!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••