Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#494448 Feb 25, 2013
Every child at Kindergarten Level knows a boy has a penis and a girl has a vagina to produce children to make a traditional family Pops and Mom concept.which represents the origin of both the male and the female. The human species though has included male and female since its existence. The "mating" or "spousing" of male and female sexes is original in human nature and out of this instinctive relationship the human race develops, continues and spreads.

Between the two sexes a gravitating combination of love, tenderness, and care is engendered, so that each finds in the other completeness, tranquility, and support. Having children and loving them represents another fulfillment of the human nature

“Runner John Green disqualified”

Since: Aug 12

4 Bible Scripture on headband

#494449 Feb 25, 2013
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/pope...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/21/pope...

The Vatican will not confirm nor deny... in the U.S. military... most often always that is an affirmative.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#494450 Feb 25, 2013
I changed my mind.

Please notice that I did not give my word. It was just a personal decision, and I had the right to change my mind.

Besides, if you parse my post very, very carefully, everybody will be able to see that I actually did not say that I was leaving, just that I felt unable to contribute further.

When I give my word, I keep it. But when I make a personal decision, I can change it, and besides I am careful to leave myself some wiggle room in case I am criticized.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494451 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The massive stones are the Roman ones, not the older ones (which aren't that much older)
http://www.vejprty.com/baalbek .htm

http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/ba...

http://www.eridu.co.uk/Author/Mysteries_of......

http://www.sacredsites.com/middle_east/lebano...

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494452 Feb 25, 2013
Edit:

and NOT talk about or be gay in public

And me saying i wouldn't vote for a law that would prevent it even though the chances of such a law ever coming to vote are probably about the same as me winning the lottery or lighting striking me twice so that isn't saying much

The bottom line is you don't have to vote for bigoted laws to be a bigot

Someone may not vote for a law simply because they see the slippery slope or the dangerous precedent. The reason may be self-serving

And Hiding knows she could never legally prevent anyone from doing any of those things. So it costs nothing to say she wouldn't vote for such a thing. But by your reasoning that means she is not capable of hating Christians just because she wouldn't vote for a law taking away their rights?

Interesting reasoning

I didn't know hate had to have a law attached to it for it to be considered real hate

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#494453 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<taken out of context for effect>
Just how I saw it, I could be wrong
No way!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494454 Feb 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
you're an insignificant powerless dweeb.
I'm retired. My significance and power are quite limited. I'm good with that.
trifecta1 wrote:
The only consequences anyone see, is you proving that you're a hypocritical phony and fraud. Other than that, the Christians just laughing at you.
I guess I'm significant and powerful enough to push your buttons, Latka.

Location hidden

#494455 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time.
I have decided I should no longer participate in this thread. I have enjoyed my time here, and wish everybody well. I just feel that I can no longer contribute, and I am wasting my time and everybody else's time here. It is with somewhat of a heavy heart that I make this public announcement, but I feel that I must.
Was the post on how diversity was achieved without ostracizing anyone the catalyst of the proverbial straw?

Or did you pick that post at random which just so happened to be mine instead to say you were leaving instead of making a post to the room? Surely we haven't become so close that you wanted to especially announce that to me?

It would seem you are leaving the same way you entered and with the same tactics

Still, have a good one

Location hidden

#494456 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
I changed my mind.
Please notice that I did not give my word. It was just a personal decision, and I had the right to change my mind.
Besides, if you parse my post very, very carefully, everybody will be able to see that I actually did not say that I was leaving, just that I felt unable to contribute further.
When I give my word, I keep it. But when I make a personal decision, I can change it, and besides I am careful to leave myself some wiggle room in case I am criticized.
LOL

I should have known!

Hey dummy, nobody would have seen you as breaking your word if you changed your mind on a personal decision

At the time you would have meant what you said and then changed your mind later

Just like Hiding said we wasn't going to respond to my posts any longer then changed her mind later

Man you are a stupid as you are hypocritical and dishonest and that is really saying something

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494458 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all that is talking about law, not how large groups generally come to an agreement on what they do
And if we went by all or nothing then anywhere in any large group nobody would ever be able to do anything as getting 100% consensus is almost impossible
How selfish is it of the 1% not to just go along? Or find something else to do as we are talking about elective activities normally and nothing that is being forced on anyone
Name one thing there could ever be 100% agreement on both with the kids and all their parents as far as an elective activity or school trip or dance or play?
And the younger the kids, the less they could care...it is more about the parents complaining.
Should one pain in the butt parent get to ruin all kids doing anything that isn't mandatory under the law during the school year?
And then what's next? Is what subjects that can be discussed during the teaching of a class be subject to approval of every parent? And what happens when there isn't a consensus? Do all kids need to be home-schooled for us to solve this problem or maybe the best solution is to do what people have always done and go by majority?
The "All or nothing" in the application of the freedom from religion does not apply to everything under the sun.

Law, is exactly how large groups generally come to an agreement on what they do.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494459 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm retired. My significance and power are quite limited. I'm good with that.
<quoted text>
I guess I'm significant and powerful enough to push your buttons, Latka.
you call me making a response to you writing pushing my buttons? so by definition then every writing you respond to, your buttons getting pushed?

my aren't we smart!

“"None shall pass"”

There

#494462 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
How selfish is it of the 1% not to just go along?..
As far as freedom from religion, they are not selfish at all.

If 99% of the population was Muslim should you deny Christ ?
Sure, praise Allah and Muhammad or you are being selfish.

Location hidden

#494463 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. ever watch football and notice how some receivers party in the end zone after a spectacular catch ??..
.. does a Harvard law professor have the right to be arrogant when a new student tells him how to interpret the constitution ??..
.. in certain, but not all situations, some people have earned the right to be arrogant ..
.. in spiritual situations, nobody has earned the right to be arrogant ..
<quoted text>
.. HFY is a lesbian ??..
Did you think he was suggesting Hiding was being arrogant in spiritual situations?

Do you think he was suggesting Hiding was only being arrogant in a specialized field of study or some specific subject and not in general?

You seemed to purposely evade his point about Hiding's general arrogance and then on top of it, twist it around to blame other people it had nothing to do with and give examples justifying arrogance that had nothing to do with his post

Do you feel that honestly addressed his post?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#494465 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this as well
How did you give time to all this diversity and yet avoid everybody who wasn't part of that diversity not feeling left out each time you did it?
You said you had to wipe tears of kids who felt ostracized.
So when you did things that were about Christianity, how did you stop everybody that wasn't Christian from feeling left out?
Then when you did things for Muslims how did you stop everybody who wasn't Muslim from feeling left out?
What were the kinds of things you did? And what was going on with the kids that weren't part of it or did they participate as well?
About twice a year we did an outside of school hours function...children were allowed to set up areas to represent their culture. People had the option of visiting or not visiting those specific areas.

Steve...I never said that this would solve it all. I just know that in many cases that if you allow one group...you have to allow them all. If you don't...it leaves it open to law suits or at the very least it takes up valuable time that needs to be spent in other areas.

IMO...

Schools are for education...not to further ones faith. Each religion has it's own facilities for furthering ones beliefs.

You might find this ironic but...

My son started school just a few months after his dad died. I put him in a Catholic private school because I thought they would be more sensitive to his needs at the time. Since we were not Catholic they gave me the option of whether he attended Mass. I signed the papers gladly for him to go.#1...I didn't want him to feel left out and #2 I felt as if it would be an education for him. I would have left him in that school but he asked to go to the public school the following year...mainly because that was where the neighborhood kids went. They were basically equal in quality of education.

I am not opposing Christianity with what I believe...it wouldn't matter to me what religion it was...

On as side note...

The other reason he wanted to change schools...

One day he told me that private school was not so private. Someone barged in to that bathroom while he was in there...not so private he said! I could never make him understand...he just knew...it wasn't so private!

Anyway...we just see this matter from different perspectives.

Location hidden

#494466 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
The "All or nothing" in the application of the freedom from religion does not apply to everything under the sun.
Law, is exactly how large groups generally come to an agreement on what they do.
I'm not saying it as under freedom of religion or suggesting by law people have a right to worship anywhere and everywhere

I am simply saying in large groups such as schools how they come to decisions on elective activities is never going to have a 100% consensus as its an impossible standard

And the 2% that may object to a Christmas play having Christmas songs is probably always going to exist no matter what is done. If a new choice is made i guarantee you will be able to find 2% that don't like whatever the new choice is

It is what it is

Sometimes not everybody gets their way. But the fairest thing generally is majority. And if possible to rotate turns when practical. A lot of times it is not

“"None shall pass"”

There

#494468 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
The three trilathons stones (the heaviest) are from the Roman period.

There are no structures prior to the Roman Temple. There are some pottery shards and skeletal remains but they were easily lifted by hand. <smirk>

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494469 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how you know that the experience has nothing to do with your god. If it were based on an interaction with one of your gods, then it would be specific only to those connected to that god.
I suggest that you not think about that too much if your mind is open at all. Unless you are absolutely secure that no evidence or argument could possibly ever matter - and I'm talking about having a mind so closed and so sealed with so much concrete that it is impossible to change it no matter how wrong it is - unless that is the case, don't think about that sentence above ever again.
why you so worried about what I know eh?

How what I know affect your life freethinker? worry about what you know. Your existence is yours to live and experience, mine is for me to live and experience. Why you concerned about my experience?, that stupid. Worry about your own experience.

If is Christianity you want out the public forum, how that happening on this billboard? you no have any say or any control over each person experience in this life.

Jesus Christ is it. Nothing can change my mind even a crack when it comes to Christ being the only way to YHWH God. And that is dependent on my own personal spiritual experience. And you no notice is the same with the rest of the Christians on here?, you think that coincidence? Why you so concerned about that? you really think [you] have any say at all when it come to who experience what in life?

LOL. you have no authority, no say, no clout, no power. The sooner you realize that, the better it will be for you.

Location hidden

#494470 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
WOW
How many times do I have to explain to you that I am simply taking the equivalent of your position on Christians and subtituting the word "gay" to make it easier for you to see your own bigotry
And you say I am dim? LOL
Yep, you're a moron. Do you know what a false analogy is?

"Gay" is not an equivalent to "Christianity". Try "Islam".

"Gay" does not relate, so inserting that into your analogy makes it fallacious. That means, Dim, that it doesn't work to show what you want it to show, on two levels. Number one, the original statement wasn't bigoted, so you can replace it with any valid substitute, and it wouldn't demonstrate any bigotry. Number two, gay is not a religion. It's not an ideology. It's not a choice.
Skombolis wrote:
Lay off the booze princess and pay attention
You're opening the door, drug addict.

How many brain cells do you have to have left to see that coming?
Skombolis wrote:
I don't care what laws you claim you would vote for
You have said you want to stop the spread of Christianity, you don't want Christians singing too close to your tennis courts, and you want Christians to confine their faith to their homes....but also claim you aren't against religious freedom!!
Of course you wouldn't understand that either, because you haven't been taught how to behave ethically in a diverse society.

The Bible doesn't teach that.
Skombolis wrote:
So if you aren't a liar then you are as self-blind as they come and you are most certainly a bigot
You are most certainly, Dim.

Location hidden

#494473 Feb 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>

Steve...I never said that this would solve it all. I just know that in many cases that if you allow one group...you have to allow them all. If you don't...it leaves it open to law suits or at the very least it takes up valuable time that needs to be spent in other areas.
IMO...
Schools are for education...not to further ones faith. Each religion has it's own facilities for furthering ones beliefs.
You might find this ironic but...
My son started school just a few months after his dad died. I put him in a Catholic private school because I thought they would be more sensitive to his needs at the time. Since we were not Catholic they gave me the option of whether he attended Mass. I signed the papers gladly for him to go.#1...I didn't want him to feel left out and #2 I felt as if it would be an education for him. I would have left him in that school but he asked to go to the public school the following year...mainly because that was where the neighborhood kids went. They were basically equal in quality of education.
I am not opposing Christianity with what I believe...it wouldn't matter to me what religion it was...
On as side note...
The other reason he wanted to change schools...
One day he told me that private school was not so private. Someone barged in to that bathroom while he was in there...not so private he said! I could never make him understand...he just knew...it wasn't so private!
Anyway...we just see this matter from different perspectives.
Like I said, it has nothing to do with furthering one's faith imo

There has long been and intertwining of secular and religious things such as Christmas

And if we cater to the 2% of parents that object to Christmas songs being in a Christmas play then by your logic we have to cater to the 2% every time.

The law has already spoken as far as Christmas themed plays so lawsuits isn't an issue

Knowing you will never have anything that everyone agrees on, you simply want to take anything that has any connection to faith out of the equation even though by far is it one of the things more likely to have a higher majority of people in agreement than anything else

No matter what type of play someone puts on there will be some parent somewhere that doesn't like it

Sometimes IMO the best solution is for people just not to be a pain in the arse and make an effort to go-along. But their personal prejudices and desires trump the desires of not only the other parents and kids but their own

If you can find me a play that is likely to be more acceptable to parents and kids at Christmas time other than a Christmas play then maybe i will say that's a better choice. And even still it should be left up to the majority. But trying to take away the most popular choice under the argument of fairness makes no sense to me

JMO

Location hidden

#494474 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Really??
Even though you aren't OK with that and want them restricted to their homes and away from your tennis courts and out of schools and politics and your goal is to stop the spread of Christianity?
You know what, I am switching back to "liar"
I think you know you are a bigot and are simply now trying to damage control because it weakens your credibility
Fallacy of False Dichotomy.

Please stop committing this fallacy.

I don't want to see ugly people in public. I do want them to have the right to be in public. I will fight for their right to be ugly in public, and tolerate it, because I do not see things in binary, like Skom the black and white caricature of ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 110,016
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Rosesz 675,493
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Gabriel 982,282
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 5 hr lightbeamrider 4,079
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr awesome reality 46,189
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 11 hr UidiotRaceMakeWOR... 184,711
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 12 hr Tony 6,217
More from around the web