Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that you support the US Constitution and its Establishment Clause, don't you? If not - if instead you support special rights for American churches - then you reject church-state separation, and by your reckoning, you were never a true American to begin with:
[1] "American Atheists is Suing the IRS, Claiming That It Gives Preferential Treatment to Religious Groups"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
More on that:
"The Freedom From Religion Foundation, with plaintiffs Annie Laurie Gaylor, Anne Nicol Gaylor and Dan Barker, filed a nationally significant federal lawsuit in Madison, Wis., on Sept. 13, 2011, challenging tax benefits for “ministers of the gospel,” commonly known as “the parsonage exemption." FFRF seeks a declaration that the federal statute creating the parish exemption, as administered by the IRS and the Treasury Department, violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment by providing preferential tax benefits to ministers of the gospel."
http://ffrf.org/legal/challenges/challenges-o...
Also,
[2] "FFRF Sues the IRS for Not Going After Politically-Active Churches"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
And more on that
"The Freedom From Religion Foundation took the Internal Revenue Service to court over its failure to enforce electioneering restrictions against churches and religious organizations, calling it a violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment and of FFRF’s equal protection rights."
http://ffrf.org/legal/challenges/ongoing-laws...
I'm not so much concerned about being considered a "true American" so much as maintaining my salvation IN Christ, all that info you posted about athiestic groups suing the government for their tax breaks to the churches is academic and meaningless, THE Church, the one that GOD himself is building and drawing people into will continue to florish in those things that are important spiritually and all else will be taken care of, you see HE ( God ) is our true benefactor and no one else.

You need to set your sights on matters that are far more important.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that supposed to mean?
LOL
Just kidding, yep being a Humanist just didn't work out for me Skom... too embarrassing :-)
LOL

I am sorry

I swear to God i though IANS posted that

It was in a conversation between you guys and i though he was repeating back what someone accused him of so I was making a joke

Dang it...that would have been funny too...at least to me

haha

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick a Caesar, any Caesar.
Now where does it say "J-E-S-U-S" ?
You can keep all the Ceasar's, I pick JESUS, thank you.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you feel about the use of the word "Jebus"? I hear that you humanists use it a lot.
I suggest you reconsider this new game. You're not going to like where it will go, by Gob. Consider that you are inviting me to mock your religion and blaspheme your "gob" in new ways.
<quoted text>
If you're a humanist, I must be a Christian. Praise Gob! Praise Jebus!
LOL.. you crack me up with your threats of posting more nonsense.. Funny Teddy Bear.. ah well, at least you've stepped up, I am amused :-)

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Hahahah!
The quarry for the largest stones was 1 "mile" away...it is an uphill move... And the upper layer of the trilithon is placed 10 meters above the 19 foundation stones and razor fitted. These blocks were 870 tons each.
The 19 smaller stones are what is being guessed at there.
Now Adam figured that it would take 512 men to even move a block weighing 2/3 of that weight and size 800 meters. Not only that but he also assumed that they would use "pulleys". I would love to see how one would logistically place 512 men around a block measuring 19 L X 4.2 meters W , and then raise them and fit them 10 meters up.
There is not a crane outfit nor a moving bridged jeep outfit that will be able to move these articles anywhere in the world today.
Regardless of not knowing exactly how it was done we know that the trilathons (the heaviest blocks)were placed by the Romans circa 50 AD and did not require any magic or aliens to do so.

"The original number of Jupiter columns was 54 columns. The architrave and frieze blocks weigh up to 60 tons each, and one corner block over 100 tons, all of them raised to a height of 19 m (62.34 ft) above the ground. This was thought to have been done using Roman cranes. Roman cranes were not capable of lifting stones this heavy; however, by combining multiple cranes they may have been able to lift them to this height. If necessary they may have used the cranes to lever one side up a little at a time and use shims to hold it while they did the other side."

Lifting 100 tons 60 ft. is not a difficult thing to do.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That's very good.
NOW if the "hole" was created before 12,000 years ago(that's the time of gamma radiation influx along with changing C14 in the earth atmosphere due to the Vela X supernova, then all your radiological readings will have to be readjusted if that area was affected by gamma and even possibly particles later, and dating is all but out of the question...as it could be pff by 10-40,000 years or more.
Good thing we can still use high pressure fracture of crystal to at least tell us that extreme high pressure created those stresses.
Oh, by the way...has anyone ever measured that quartz stress in subduction pressure? It sure would be a shame if that would make it's way into a "crater" through a fault and screw up the calculations of 2 grains of quartz thought to be the result of an impact explosion that had no tektite glass evidence on the site huh?
First, I wrote about relative dating, not absolute dating. So...no idea why you are now talking about absolute dating. As far as relative dating goes, the concentrations of isotopes aren't relevant. They claimed the impact site had lay overtop one fault line, while another fault line cut through it - nothing to do with radiation. They also gave figures from 5-15 million years ago. So, 40 000 years, give or take, wouldn't affect their calculations.

If, however, they took absolute dating, they'd have to pay more attention to your comments.

Second, I don't know enough about geology to answer your question above. I would guess that in a subduction zone the kind of quartz you're going to find is mostly going to be microcrystals. They won't show impact structures since those occur under intense, short lived stress.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....the topic here is 'Why should Jesus love me', it is NOT a podium for homosexual activism!
staying on point; Jesus/God can love us despite our blatant disregard for His sense of morality, because He satisfied His own demand for justice by taking our criminal sentence upon Himself:)
Well gosh...that's never stopped "you" from hitt'n on any female that got within one page of ya has it.

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I am sorry
I swear to God i though IANS posted that
It was in a conversation between you guys and i though he was repeating back what someone accused him of so I was making a joke
Dang it...that would have been funny too...at least to me
haha
Lol.. I would have found it funny as well..
<3
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Christians did find and build your country. They own it dude, just deal with it and go have a nap or something. Sheesh, Grace types three lines and you write a book, like anyone cares about your maniacal rantings. I do beg of you, if you are going to keep trolling could you make more of an effort to be at least a little bit funny? I find myself scrolling on by most of your posts of late. Cheers :-)
Illuminatus Satans biggest work beside homosexuality.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong sir, on the contrary I do know that I won't end up in hell and the reason that I know that is because it is called FAITH....
You are eiother illiterate or incompetent.

You can have all the faith in the world and still NOT KNOW and be 100% wrong.

The passengers on the Titanic had faith, too.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is inside.....He "sees" all
((*_-))
I'll talk ta the judge, an see if I kin git 'em cut loose...or at least git his time reduced with parole.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Funny thing is, it has a perfectly flat bottom...and where is the tektite formation from the intense heat if it was above the surface when it exploded? It should have been all over due to the desert sand. Oops!
You realize that 'the sand' is geographically just a light dusting over bedrock, right ?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Sodom and Gomorrahs dream to live in sin has reached their critical masses.They promote their agenda through legislation, presenting themselves as victims of prejudice and discrimination, helping to enact the gender discrimination act, legalizing and securing full benefits for same gender marriage, funding research similar to the hypothalamus issue (which shows a genetic propensity to homosexuality), teaching at even kindergarten level that the two-male or the two female can make a family unit which is an acceptable alternative that is even comparable to the traditional MOM and POP family,

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Edit 2 Annie
Thi smay be the disconnect
You also said
""IMO what IANS said is no different than "hate the sin...not the sinner".
Both statement refers to hating an action or idea not people.
If one statement is seen as being a bigot and a bully then both must be seen that way."
Why must both be seen as bigotry and a bully if one could be sincere and the other using it as a cover?
I may not be following what you
If one truly does just hate the sin not the sinner, there is nothing wrong with that...UNLESS they think everybody that is black is a sinner or everybody that is a Christian is something bad just by being a Christian..and so forth
He is labeling all Christians under the heading 'church' and then attributing everything bad that anybody has ever done to the title 'church' and then broad-brushing all Christians with responsibility for it IMO
But can you explain what you mean by
"If one statement is seen as being a bigot and a bully then both must be seen that way."
This is where I think I am not understanding
Thanks
Yes...there is a disconnect. To me the statements are basically saying the same thing...one is a secular version...the other a Christian version.

Since...I see them as basically saying the same thing...in my mind they both carry the possibility as being used as a cover up for hatred.

Do you think that everyone that says..."hate the sin but not the sinner" is being sincere?

I don't...not when they have also said...pervert...immoral...the y should stay in a closet...they should be shipped out...filth...etc etc.

Or...how does one love the homeless when they call them bums...worthless...drain on society...etc etc.

Maybe an example that will make sense...

The poster named Adam has said more than once that homosexuals should be killed. I hate and have no respect for his ideology...I don't hate him. I will admit however...there are times that when he leaves music for me...I don't respond because of knowing his ideology.

I hate and detest CS's ideology...I don't hate him. Though I admit...there are times that I have no respect for him as a person.

IMO...you thought that I was defending IANS and that upset you...when all I was doing was questioning why a phrase would indicate that someone was a bigot and a bully and comparing that phrase to another that IMO says the same thing. Both phrases IMO can hold truth...they both also can be a coverup...a feel good about yourself cliche.

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW
When people wonder why I call them liars, this is just one example
Hiding has toldeveryone how smart she is. That I am jealous of that in her opinion and what degrees she has
Yet she wants people to believe that this comment by me
"That would be like me saying I don't hate black people. I just hate all the terrible things all black people do and what they represent
And that's bigotry"
...using an example of what someone else said and giving a comparison and even saying it would be bigotry is actually me engaging in racism
So ask yourselves, is she this stupid or is she a liar trying to use a dishonest tactic?
The tactics these people use over and over and over again have no honor and no honesty
I agree, she is a passive aggressive counterpart to the lil' red general but very inflammatory and dishonest just the same.

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one babbling,...
Sure you are. You just don't know it. I hope it is simply due to a limited vocabulary.
Disney

Simpsonville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not so much concerned about being considered a "true American" so much as maintaining my salvation IN Christ, all that info you posted about athiestic groups suing the government for their tax breaks to the churches is academic and meaningless, THE Church, the one that GOD himself is building and drawing people into will continue to florish in those things that are important spiritually and all else will be taken care of, you see HE ( God ) is our true benefactor and no one else.
You need to set your sights on matters that are far more important.
Good word. While I know we disagree at times in the end that's what will matter. As you know in the politics forum it got heated but we are bold in saying our faith isn't in this nation or any other but in Christ and Christ alone! This is clear in Clearwater!

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>....
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word of God....
So which "Word of God" was Jesus talking about ? Your New Testament ?

ROFLMAO

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. That is one reason why atheists are here trying to convert Christians. Because Christians are the ones telling them that they are wrong to act in an immoral manner.
Good morning Justice, I would like to welcome to what used to be known as the 'Golden Room', it has been tarnished greatly somewhat over the pass year but those few origianals of us who are still left are trying to restore the shine back onto it, lol.

You have the same topix name as a buddy of mine who posts on the local Columbia, SC threads where I live, at first I thought you were here but he doesn't really post on the national threads that i know of.

Anyway you are very correct as I too have tried to point out that the unbelievers here are only trying to shake our faith, but I'm sure to no avail. Again welcome.

Earth.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>that between you and him, not my concern.
Let me give you a true occurrence freethinker that sums up you and your fellow secular humanists:
There was this young couple in France, that went to see some ruins of ancient civilizations. After they were finished, they came out angrily protesting "we paid 2 francs to see that!, what a waste of money and time"
Right then there was an veteran art expert behind them. He tapped them on the shoulder and said to them "young man, young lady, these ruins have been here for thousands of yrs. They are established and credible. These ruins don't care one bit what you think of them, what the ruins does do, is reveal who you are".
Same thing with you freethinker. Christianity, the Church, and Jesus Christ, don't give a crap what you or your human secular friends think. Christianity the Church and Jesus Christ have been established for thousands of yrs, and not going anywhere.
What your thoughts and opinions of Christianity the Church and Jesus Christ does, is reveal, who You are.
Something to think about freethinker.
I applaud you, well written and a valuable lesson, if one chooses to learn it :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 475,601 - 475,620 of598,719
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

444 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min ChristineM 223,078
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min lightbeamrider 716,200
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 min Clearwater 171,402
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 22 min Java Gilbert 152
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 30 min Michael 529,759
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 47 min ocxz 114,568
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 52 min MUQ1 36,379
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 3 hr Sasha 108
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr onemale 255,614
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr Shut-Up 60
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••