“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494291 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nano is here?
Well, she was, but I think she runned off with some fella with real pointy boots on...an a mask...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#494292 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably to keep kooks like us from ransacking the site. LOL
It's full of gold bars, diamonds and next year's fastest laptop.
mike

AOL

#494293 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
In broad terms they do. In terms of individual actions God allows all of us free will.
Thanks

"Broad" would be unacceptable.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494294 Feb 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
umm....the topic here is 'Why should Jesus love me', it is NOT a podium for homosexual activism!
staying on point; Jesus/God can love us despite our blatant disregard for His sense of morality, because He satisfied His own demand for justice by taking our criminal sentence upon Himself:)
If you read my post, you'd know I was responding to someone who wrote something incorrect about homosexuality. It needed correcting.

I'm gladdened in my heart of hearts that you find spiritual comfort in your faith.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#494295 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not how truth is confirmed. In fact, without material evidence, you can't distinguish such "truth" from error, dream, or delusion.
<quoted text>
That's what schizophrenics say about their "truth." It is confirmed by the voices in their heads.
Nobody cares what other people believe. We care about what other people know and can demonstrate. The Mormons did or do believe that as a black man, you are an abomination, and would no doubt also claim that that truth of that was confirmed by a spirit just like you did. What would you say to that? You dodged that question twice before already, back when you were explaining to us how your god revealed the "truth" that gays were an abomination.
Yes, truth IS confirmed to us by God through his spirit, you don't have the ability to understand that because the Blessing has not been applied to you at this point in your life, I didn't both to give time to your mindless questions before because like the post I am responding to, is barely coherent, I don't waste my time with foolishness, now run along and play elsewhere.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494296 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Neither is YOUR post, would you care to clarify?
Which post? I have a lot of them. It's quite possible that the majority are bafflingly stupid and incoherent.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494297 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus IS the Christ...
So said the Romans.

A 'Christ' is a pagan king.

Jesus was neither a Pagan nor a King.

As I said, I believe in Jesus of Galilee, not Christ of Rome.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494298 Feb 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today is our Anniversary....So I will check back later....
Keep God in your Life
:-)
I hope you have a wonderful day! Congratulations to you and your husband/wife!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494299 Feb 25, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
WTF? There is no gob!
How do you feel about the use of the word "Jebus"? I hear that you humanists use it a lot.

I suggest you reconsider this new game. You're not going to like where it will go, by Gob. Consider that you are inviting me to mock your religion and blaspheme your "gob" in new ways.
Illuminatrix wrote:
Are you a christian? C'mon, really? Be honest, I won't tell a soul, obviously as there are no souls.
If you're a humanist, I must be a Christian. Praise Gob! Praise Jebus!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494300 Feb 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be wrong...I made no judgment one way or the other.
I will admit...I sat here for about 5 minutes trying to figure out that first post...the only difference I could see between what I said and what you said was a question mark! LOL
Thanks for clearing that up...
Let me also state Steve...I am not part of a group here...I think for myself and do not follow some group. I can share an end goal with someone (in this case equality for those being discriminated against) but at the same time not share the path to get there.
I will also say...that after the first few days of the debate that is going on between the two sides...I quit reading it. It served no purpose for me. IMO...it only drives both sides further away from common ground.
Aaaah...think I will leave it at that...it only started out to be a post to discuss the difference of two phrases that IMO says the same thing.
I know you are not ona side Annie

Although I think even for you in this case it might be hard to stay completely impartial and I understand. That's why I am not pushing hard on anything.

It did take me a few posts to figure out what it was that threw me off and it you asking why isn't isn't it bigotry and being a bully no matter who engages in "hate the sin not the sinner" and why if someone can use it as a cover would you wonder why someone would still call IANs a bigot

I am not saying that trying to imply you must have been defending him but rather to explain why I thought you were

But if anything i commend the fact that you have either stayed out of it, or when you enter do so simply to ask fair questions and really have done very little as far anything that could be considered "siding"

Like I said, you would have good reason to. And in a lot of situations I would be there with you. But I have come to the conclusion these aren't good people or people that are out for equal rights. Catcher is probably out for equal rights. I might even believe Tide is. Probably HL. But that;s it. The rest are as bigoted as any other type of bigot imo

Anyway thanks for explaining

(T) Peace

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#494301 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Why do you worship a guy named Jesus instead of one named Emmanuel?
Acts 4:12
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

I'll be surprised if that didn't go over your head.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494302 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>...
Isaiah 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Pick a Caesar, any Caesar.

Now where does it say "J-E-S-U-S" ?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494303 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you stepping up to be the first Christian to find fault with Dim's behavior? Juicy actually admires it.
that between you and him, not my concern.

Let me give you a true occurrence freethinker that sums up you and your fellow secular humanists:

There was this young couple in France, that went to see some ruins of ancient civilizations. After they were finished, they came out angrily protesting "we paid 2 francs to see that!, what a waste of money and time"

Right then there was an veteran art expert behind them. He tapped them on the shoulder and said to them "young man, young lady, these ruins have been here for thousands of yrs. They are established and credible. These ruins don't care one bit what you think of them, what the ruins does do, is reveal who you are".

Same thing with you freethinker. Christianity, the Church, and Jesus Christ, don't give a crap what you or your human secular friends think. Christianity the Church and Jesus Christ have been established for thousands of yrs, and not going anywhere.

What your thoughts and opinions of Christianity the Church and Jesus Christ does, is reveal, who You are.

Something to think about freethinker.

Location hidden

#494304 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you're right in calling yourself a bigot here - you are tacitly writing that the same way Christianity unifies disparate people through its religious worldview and teachings, all black people are the same.
I'm just shocked, Skom, utterly shocked that you would write such filth. I know I should't be, you've been targeting homosexuals in the same manner.
I'm going to invoke the Catcher white sheet.
LOL

Holy Crap are you stupid

Do I need cue cards or hand-puppets for you to understand??

I do not really think that about blacks or gays. I am taking YOUR positions on Christians and simply substituting the word black or gay so you can see how disgusting YOUR positions really are

The funny thing is that you do think they are disgusting, you just don't realize you are looking at yourself, not me!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494305 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably to keep kooks like us from ransacking the site. LOL
LOL! Ya might have a point there! So, do ya think them pichers o' skeletons lay'n in the street was fake too?

Location hidden

#494306 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you're right in calling yourself a bigot here - you are tacitly writing that the same way Christianity unifies disparate people through its religious worldview and teachings, all black people are the same.
I'm just shocked, Skom, utterly shocked that you would write such filth. I know I should't be, you've been targeting homosexuals in the same manner.
I'm going to invoke the Catcher white sheet.
BTW

When people wonder why I call them liars, this is just one example

Hiding has toldeveryone how smart she is. That I am jealous of that in her opinion and what degrees she has

Yet she wants people to believe that this comment by me

"That would be like me saying I don't hate black people. I just hate all the terrible things all black people do and what they represent
And that's bigotry"

...using an example of what someone else said and giving a comparison and even saying it would be bigotry is actually me engaging in racism

So ask yourselves, is she this stupid or is she a liar trying to use a dishonest tactic?

The tactics these people use over and over and over again have no honor and no honesty

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#494307 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sure that you support the US Constitution and its Establishment Clause, don't you? If not - if instead you support special rights for American churches - then you reject church-state separation, and by your reckoning, you were never a true American to begin with:
[1] "American Atheists is Suing the IRS, Claiming That It Gives Preferential Treatment to Religious Groups"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
More on that:
"The Freedom From Religion Foundation, with plaintiffs Annie Laurie Gaylor, Anne Nicol Gaylor and Dan Barker, filed a nationally significant federal lawsuit in Madison, Wis., on Sept. 13, 2011, challenging tax benefits for “ministers of the gospel,” commonly known as “the parsonage exemption." FFRF seeks a declaration that the federal statute creating the parish exemption, as administered by the IRS and the Treasury Department, violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment by providing preferential tax benefits to ministers of the gospel."
http://ffrf.org/legal/challenges/challenges-o...
Also,
[2] "FFRF Sues the IRS for Not Going After Politically-Active Churches"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
And more on that
"The Freedom From Religion Foundation took the Internal Revenue Service to court over its failure to enforce electioneering restrictions against churches and religious organizations, calling it a violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment and of FFRF’s equal protection rights."
http://ffrf.org/legal/challenges/ongoing-laws...
I'm not so much concerned about being considered a "true American" so much as maintaining my salvation IN Christ, all that info you posted about athiestic groups suing the government for their tax breaks to the churches is academic and meaningless, THE Church, the one that GOD himself is building and drawing people into will continue to florish in those things that are important spiritually and all else will be taken care of, you see HE ( God ) is our true benefactor and no one else.

You need to set your sights on matters that are far more important.

Location hidden

#494308 Feb 25, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
What's that supposed to mean?
LOL
Just kidding, yep being a Humanist just didn't work out for me Skom... too embarrassing :-)
LOL

I am sorry

I swear to God i though IANS posted that

It was in a conversation between you guys and i though he was repeating back what someone accused him of so I was making a joke

Dang it...that would have been funny too...at least to me

haha

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#494309 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Pick a Caesar, any Caesar.
Now where does it say "J-E-S-U-S" ?
You can keep all the Ceasar's, I pick JESUS, thank you.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#494310 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
How do you feel about the use of the word "Jebus"? I hear that you humanists use it a lot.
I suggest you reconsider this new game. You're not going to like where it will go, by Gob. Consider that you are inviting me to mock your religion and blaspheme your "gob" in new ways.
<quoted text>
If you're a humanist, I must be a Christian. Praise Gob! Praise Jebus!
LOL.. you crack me up with your threats of posting more nonsense.. Funny Teddy Bear.. ah well, at least you've stepped up, I am amused :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min bacon hater 828,769
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 4 min truthandcommonsense 3,565
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min Gods r Delusions ... 584,431
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 52 min SallyinKY 321
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 52 min Porkpie Hat 270,678
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr thetruth 9,334
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 1 hr girls united states 823
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 442,880
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,992
More from around the web