Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494316 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong sir, on the contrary I do know that I won't end up in hell and the reason that I know that is because it is called FAITH....
You are eiother illiterate or incompetent.

You can have all the faith in the world and still NOT KNOW and be 100% wrong.

The passengers on the Titanic had faith, too.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494317 Feb 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
God is inside.....He "sees" all
((*_-))
I'll talk ta the judge, an see if I kin git 'em cut loose...or at least git his time reduced with parole.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494318 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Funny thing is, it has a perfectly flat bottom...and where is the tektite formation from the intense heat if it was above the surface when it exploded? It should have been all over due to the desert sand. Oops!
You realize that 'the sand' is geographically just a light dusting over bedrock, right ?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#494319 Feb 25, 2013
Sodom and Gomorrahs dream to live in sin has reached their critical masses.They promote their agenda through legislation, presenting themselves as victims of prejudice and discrimination, helping to enact the gender discrimination act, legalizing and securing full benefits for same gender marriage, funding research similar to the hypothalamus issue (which shows a genetic propensity to homosexuality), teaching at even kindergarten level that the two-male or the two female can make a family unit which is an acceptable alternative that is even comparable to the traditional MOM and POP family,

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#494320 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Edit 2 Annie
Thi smay be the disconnect
You also said
""IMO what IANS said is no different than "hate the sin...not the sinner".
Both statement refers to hating an action or idea not people.
If one statement is seen as being a bigot and a bully then both must be seen that way."
Why must both be seen as bigotry and a bully if one could be sincere and the other using it as a cover?
I may not be following what you
If one truly does just hate the sin not the sinner, there is nothing wrong with that...UNLESS they think everybody that is black is a sinner or everybody that is a Christian is something bad just by being a Christian..and so forth
He is labeling all Christians under the heading 'church' and then attributing everything bad that anybody has ever done to the title 'church' and then broad-brushing all Christians with responsibility for it IMO
But can you explain what you mean by
"If one statement is seen as being a bigot and a bully then both must be seen that way."
This is where I think I am not understanding
Thanks
.
Yes...there is a disconnect. To me the statements are basically saying the same thing...one is a secular version...the other a Christian version.

Since...I see them as basically saying the same thing...in my mind they both carry the possibility as being used as a cover up for hatred.

Do you think that everyone that says..."hate the sin but not the sinner" is being sincere?

I don't...not when they have also said...pervert...immoral...the y should stay in a closet...they should be shipped out...filth...etc etc.

Or...how does one love the homeless when they call them bums...worthless...drain on society...etc etc.

Maybe an example that will make sense...

The poster named Adam has said more than once that homosexuals should be killed. I hate and have no respect for his ideology...I don't hate him. I will admit however...there are times that when he leaves music for me...I don't respond because of knowing his ideology.

I hate and detest CS's ideology...I don't hate him. Though I admit...there are times that I have no respect for him as a person.

IMO...you thought that I was defending IANS and that upset you...when all I was doing was questioning why a phrase would indicate that someone was a bigot and a bully and comparing that phrase to another that IMO says the same thing. Both phrases IMO can hold truth...they both also can be a coverup...a feel good about yourself cliche.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#494321 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW
When people wonder why I call them liars, this is just one example
Hiding has toldeveryone how smart she is. That I am jealous of that in her opinion and what degrees she has
Yet she wants people to believe that this comment by me
"That would be like me saying I don't hate black people. I just hate all the terrible things all black people do and what they represent
And that's bigotry"
...using an example of what someone else said and giving a comparison and even saying it would be bigotry is actually me engaging in racism
So ask yourselves, is she this stupid or is she a liar trying to use a dishonest tactic?
The tactics these people use over and over and over again have no honor and no honesty
I agree, she is a passive aggressive counterpart to the lil' red general but very inflammatory and dishonest just the same.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494322 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one babbling,...
Sure you are. You just don't know it. I hope it is simply due to a limited vocabulary.
Disney

United States

#494323 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not so much concerned about being considered a "true American" so much as maintaining my salvation IN Christ, all that info you posted about athiestic groups suing the government for their tax breaks to the churches is academic and meaningless, THE Church, the one that GOD himself is building and drawing people into will continue to florish in those things that are important spiritually and all else will be taken care of, you see HE ( God ) is our true benefactor and no one else.
You need to set your sights on matters that are far more important.
Good word. While I know we disagree at times in the end that's what will matter. As you know in the politics forum it got heated but we are bold in saying our faith isn't in this nation or any other but in Christ and Christ alone! This is clear in Clearwater!

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494324 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>....
And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word of God....
So which "Word of God" was Jesus talking about ? Your New Testament ?

ROFLMAO

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#494325 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. That is one reason why atheists are here trying to convert Christians. Because Christians are the ones telling them that they are wrong to act in an immoral manner.
Good morning Justice, I would like to welcome to what used to be known as the 'Golden Room', it has been tarnished greatly somewhat over the pass year but those few origianals of us who are still left are trying to restore the shine back onto it, lol.

You have the same topix name as a buddy of mine who posts on the local Columbia, SC threads where I live, at first I thought you were here but he doesn't really post on the national threads that i know of.

Anyway you are very correct as I too have tried to point out that the unbelievers here are only trying to shake our faith, but I'm sure to no avail. Again welcome.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#494326 Feb 25, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>that between you and him, not my concern.
Let me give you a true occurrence freethinker that sums up you and your fellow secular humanists:
There was this young couple in France, that went to see some ruins of ancient civilizations. After they were finished, they came out angrily protesting "we paid 2 francs to see that!, what a waste of money and time"
Right then there was an veteran art expert behind them. He tapped them on the shoulder and said to them "young man, young lady, these ruins have been here for thousands of yrs. They are established and credible. These ruins don't care one bit what you think of them, what the ruins does do, is reveal who you are".
Same thing with you freethinker. Christianity, the Church, and Jesus Christ, don't give a crap what you or your human secular friends think. Christianity the Church and Jesus Christ have been established for thousands of yrs, and not going anywhere.
What your thoughts and opinions of Christianity the Church and Jesus Christ does, is reveal, who You are.
Something to think about freethinker.
I applaud you, well written and a valuable lesson, if one chooses to learn it :-)

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#494327 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Balki, not at all.
<quoted text>
That would be you that thinks that. You are the only one of the two of us that has ever had that idea.
<quoted text>
Your god doesn't exist. You've been lied to. You gave them so much of your time, money and attention based on a promise that cannot and need not be kept, and all you got was the magic beans.
You did get the beans, didn't you?
You didn't give them your children too, did you?
<quoted text>
Then we have no conflict. My issue is with Christianity and public religion, not with whatever you're "into."
You do think you responsible for these freethinkers on here, that why you always talking abut "we". You can't refer to yourself as "we" unless you is a idiot, so that only leave the freethinkers.

And we do have a conflict, my issue is your philosophy secular humanism and what an empty immoral barren and bankruptcy of a philosophy and you're are quite helpful in showing that.

You with nervous fright hoping Jesus Christ don't exist. That the only reason you here arguing against Christ. Because nothing you can do about Christianity and the public on the billboard, that just excuse. The only reason you here, you and your other freethinkers, is because you hate how Christians are secure in they philosophy faith and they God Jesus Christ.

While you're grossly with incompetence insecure with your beliefs.

That all. You can type a million times "my god does not exist" no change anything.

Its not up to you to prove to the Jesus follower that Jesus Christ exist, its up to the Jesus follower to establish that by baptism of the Holy Spirit. So what your worthless writings going to do? oy!LOL.

I no think you know just how irrelevant you really are.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#494328 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
You are eiother illiterate or incompetent.
You can have all the faith in the world and still NOT KNOW and be 100% wrong.
The passengers on the Titanic had faith, too.
"eiother" D..........THAT statement by you just now is what is too illiterate and incompetent as well as ignorant to respond to,lol.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#494329 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Justice, I would like to welcome to what used to be known as the 'Golden Room', it has been tarnished greatly somewhat over the pass year but those few origianals of us who are still left are trying to restore the shine back onto it, lol.
You have the same topix name as a buddy of mine who posts on the local Columbia, SC threads where I live, at first I thought you were here but he doesn't really post on the national threads that i know of.
Anyway you are very correct as I too have tried to point out that the unbelievers here are only trying to shake our faith, but I'm sure to no avail. Again welcome.
Correction...... I thought that you were HIM.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494330 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>......sorry D but you do not have more faith in Jesus than anyone else here when you cannot believe on all of his Word in totality,....
Sorry that you can't tell the difference between Paul and Jesus.

The NT did not exist when Jesus lived and there are more texts about the life and teachings of Jesus than in your Emperor's magic book.

Where did Jesus say "Believe in Paul and Constantine and Popes and Luther and Bibles" ?

Never.
He said "Believe in Me."
Why isn;t JEsus good enough for you ?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494331 Feb 25, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but no thanks.
Pastor/pimp must be used in order to make my point.
Then you have no point, just babbling insults.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494332 Feb 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes...there is a disconnect. To me the statements are basically saying the same thing...one is a secular version...the other a Christian version.
Since...I see them as basically saying the same thing...in my mind they both carry the possibility as being used as a cover up for hatred.
Do you think that everyone that says..."hate the sin but not the sinner" is being sincere?
I don't...not when they have also said...pervert...immoral...the y should stay in a closet...they should be shipped out...filth...etc etc.
Or...how does one love the homeless when they call them bums...worthless...drain on society...etc etc.
Maybe an example that will make sense...
The poster named Adam has said more than once that homosexuals should be killed. I hate and have no respect for his ideology...I don't hate him. I will admit however...there are times that when he leaves music for me...I don't respond because of knowing his ideology.
I hate and detest CS's ideology...I don't hate him. Though I admit...there are times that I have no respect for him as a person.
IMO...you thought that I was defending IANS and that upset you...when all I was doing was questioning why a phrase would indicate that someone was a bigot and a bully and comparing that phrase to another that IMO says the same thing. Both phrases IMO can hold truth...they both also can be a coverup...a feel good about yourself cliche.
It didn't upset me. What gave you that impression?

I simply didn't and honestly still don't understand why you would ask someone why they are calling IANS a bigot for taking a stance that you know can be used to cover up bigotry

You already know the answer (because obviously this person sees IANS as a bigot and him using it as a cover) so why ask?

But its no big deal

Have a good one

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#494333 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are. You just don't know it. I hope it is simply due to a limited vocabulary.
You mean like your limited understanding of the God that you say you believe in ( and i am being generous when i say limited )?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#494334 Feb 25, 2013
Disney wrote:
<quoted text>Good word. While I know we disagree at times in the end that's what will matter. As you know in the politics forum it got heated but we are bold in saying our faith isn't in this nation or any other but in Christ and Christ alone! This is clear in Clearwater!
I couldn't agree more, we must take our focus off of vanity and concetrate fully on Christ Jesus.

Peace.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494335 Feb 25, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops..how'd that happen?
Hang on I'll try again:
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ancientatom...
Extiatard! A new one, I like it :-)
Thanks for fixing that.

I knew you would like it, I made it up just for you. <smooch>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min scientia potentia... 29,681
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 9 min DENG 38,016
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Anthony MN 637,888
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min pusherman 968,855
The 71st anniversary of the Great Victory. We r... 28 min pstechkovsky 1
I FULLY SUPPORT Trump's pans to depart illegals 36 min Doctor REALITY 1
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 37 min Joe Fortuna 4,769
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr Holy Commandment... 43,894
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 2 hr Jersey Devil 3,701
More from around the web