Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#494174 Feb 25, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame, an intersting thought indeed. Anthropology is a fascinating field I myself am a linguist however. I see you are Japanese? My soulmate and I have been to your country many times Madame we learned much when we were there as we learn from all people on a daily basis. I am interested in learning more about the way you think and why you do. Your ongoing struggle here in my humble opinion is a pointless excercise in futility. Forgive me if this sounds harsh or cold. The way I see it argiung and debating with people must have the lack of ego and an open mind to listen to and even learn from those different from you, do you agree with this Madame? I myself am Martinican although my parents were not natives to the country and English is not my first language it is my fourth.
Yes, yes, you are entirely correct.

Wow, your fourth language! That's amazing. How did you come to know all these languages?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494175 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
He might have had he fingers crossed.
Dim thinks that the word of a man is an actual word that has to be stated explicitly. He didn't give you his word. He just said that he'd do something. You had no right to assume that he meant it without his word.
He learned his values in church. What do you think?
LOL

No when a man gives his word he says so

There is a difference between giving your word and making a personal decision and then later changing your mind

If I make a decision I think its best to drop something and then change my mind, did I break my word to myself?

Of course I never said I was going to drop it so the whole thing is moot

But hey, you took a Hippocratic oath swearing on gods you don't even believe in and about patients you don't care about. Your being a doctor was built on a sham

And after seeing you prescribe Ritalin I can only imagine how many times you failed to do this:

"I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone."

Pimping for the Big Pharma and not caring about your patients saying they should get a social worker if they want that. Gee, such a shame you retired.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494176 Feb 25, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon amie, the Jehovah's Witness people never bother me although I am of course willing to listen to what they have to say I have my own thoughts as all people do. By the way cher, we have met before and I am a female. I do like your avatar by the way :)
I would say they don't bother me so much as interrupt my private time. I have listened to them, and they have an interesting philosophical take on Christianity - they don't believe in a God who would Create a hell. They also don't believe in free will. They have taken both premises to their logical conclusion: a loving deity would never create a hell for His/Her creations. And free will doesn't exist. So they came up with something called "free agency" which means something like "you are not some expression of God, but a full individual with thoughts, feelings and motivations., etc."

Location hidden

#494177 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. WOW !! If that doesn't define some churches, nothing will ..
Has defining SOME churches ever been an issue?

I know plenty of people have ask IANS to define what he says is THE 'Church'

Of course he refuses to. He has spent more time giving excuses for why he won't then it would take him to do it

Oh wait...never mind

:)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494178 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
She can be a jerk. She's being one again.
But I'm a sucker for almost any woman. I guess I'm sexist that way. I like their gender and tend to forgive them for anything - much sooner than I would a man.
There is really only one regular female poster that I could never warm up to, and she just showed up on the thread.
Mano is a stalker of her betters.

Location hidden

#494179 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>

You still have no idea what we want.
Who is this "we" you keep referring to?

You have a frog in your pocket or do you mean your followers?

Why are you guys so afraid to talk for yourselves?

Location hidden

#494180 Feb 25, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
No problem

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494181 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't pretend I am your father. I would never raise a bigot.
Here I will let you read it again
"But you know what, I'd like it if you kept your religion to your houses, too. Keep it out of schools and out of government, please. You can write about it in obscure internet forums, like this one, if if pleases you.But I don't want singalongs near my tennis courts or people lying to me about "taking a census," stopping me when I'm peacefully walking so they can talk about their stupid deity. Yes, keep your religion to yourself"
Now that I have you here though, if you found your husband engaging in oral sex with another man would you believe him if he told you he wasn't gay?
You, sir, are an idiot. Your reading comprehension is poor, to be kind. You don't even use the word "bigot" correctly. I suppose that's more stupidity than anything.

It's not your fault.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494182 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Yep.'Bible God' is an evil POS.
If he were real, and we had a chance to kill him, we would be justified in doing so. In fact, we would have a moral duty to do so, and to rescue all the souls in hell whose only offense was offending that black hole of narcissistic need by not groveling to it. Why should we respect that judgment?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#494183 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You are a free voice sis...and not stupid. Just say'n...
speaking of stupid, it's rather disappointing that this thread has Dummed down so much lately.. It was one of two threads not overrun my moronical trolleys.. sigh..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494184 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nevada:
"In 1981, the US Department of Energy began the Radionuclide Inventory and Distribution Program, an attempt to assess the amount and distribution of radioactivity in surface soil at the Nevada Test Site (NTS). Over the next several years, researchers used a combination of aerial radiological surveys, soil sampling, and in situ measurements to study the regions of the NTS where soil radioactivity was above background levels. These regions included the ground zeros of above-ground nuclear tests, underground tests that vented, and some safety shots, as well as the sites of nuclear rocket experiments. The results of the program were published in a series of five reports between 1983 and 1989. In this report, those results have been combined to provide an integrated picture of the current levels of soil radioactivity on the NTS. The estimated inventories of the nine most important manmade radionuclides have been reviewed (and in some cases recalculated), decay-corrected to January 1, 1990, and tabulated. New distribution maps have been prepared that show isopleths of decay-corrected radionuclide concentrations over the entire NTS. Two additional maps show the measurement locations where the gamma exposure rate exceeds 100 {mu}R/hr and where the {sup 239, 240}Pu concentration exceeds 500 pCi/g. 21 refs., 12 figs., 6 tabs."
http://www.osti.gov/energycitations/product.b...
You do realize that nuclear testing was active from 1951 - 1992 don't you? That's 40 years of compounded concentrations of isotope and decayed material fusions and reactions ending only 10 years ago?

Location hidden

#494185 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, it was. Try to communicate with you using words is impossible.
<quoted text>
Moron.
Just in case anybody else missed them, here they are
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
[Please note the part that follows, "I call that church a societal parasite because ..."]
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... [Please note the phrase "That's the definition of a societal parasite"]
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
[Please note the parts between ""The church" is like a university - it is an abstraction" and "That is the church. I have posted this definition many times. "]
That first link was from 3 days ago dummy..

..AFTER I asked you and you intentionally avoided me asking and gave some random , abstract answer to someone else that simply included the word "parasite"

So claiming you had already answered makes you a liar..AGAIN.

But let everybody see how you duck answering me because I make it specific and you can't hide your bigotry

How do you define "church" and who if anybody does it include?

And if it is ideological teaching or official position you oppose what is is it and why do you oppose it?

Or do you simply object to what some members within an organization spanning hundreds of millions have said from their personal opinion as volunteers?

And if so, how can you say "church" as if it is all-encompassing

Id anybody wants to hear some deafening silence to actual questions as far as actual answers goes,...pay close attention

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#494186 Feb 25, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
I have an announcement to make!
Well, most of you know I'm an Astrophysicist, now I have even more qualifications.
I just completed all my simulation training and am a qualified Neurologist, I have a super black belt in Kung Fu, I can build a Pyramid by myself, I can fly and I have all of Indiana Jones' and Lara Croft's knowledge!
I've also been ordained as a topix Emperor so you're sacked Catcher!
LOL.....Hugs to the Topix Emperess.

:-)

Location hidden

#494187 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You, sir, are an idiot. Your reading comprehension is poor, to be kind. You don't even use the word "bigot" correctly. I suppose that's more stupidity than anything.
It's not your fault.
On I am using the word bigot very appropriately

YOUR WORDS

Hidings said:

"But you know what, I'd like it if you kept your religion to your houses, too. Keep it out of schools and out of government, please. You can write about it in obscure internet forums, like this one, if if pleases you.But I don't want singalongs near my tennis courts or people lying to me about "taking a census," stopping me when I'm peacefully walking so they can talk about their stupid deity. Yes, keep your religion to yourself"

What is wrong with singalongs by your tennis courts

Do you feel other people shouldn't have freedoms in public? They can't even be too close to your tennis courts? What if someone said that about gays. Oh yeah, you most certainly are a bigot

But now that I have you here though, if you found your husband engaging in oral sex with another man would you believe him if he told you he wasn't gay?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494188 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Uh HUH. And they will have fun with that in that it will make a difference on how much the faults have moved overall, and what types of oxides, materials, and gasses they have ejected and how that will affect the tests.
I must not have explained well. The principles of geology work like this: let's say you are writing on a newspaper. We know the ink is underneath because your handwriting will lie on top the ink. So the ink was first (earlier). If someone comes along later, and draws on top of your writing, we can tell that, too, b/c your writing will be obscured by their drawing. So we can figure out which came first.

That's how the relative dating goes. The impact crater erased details of a fault line. Then, at some later date, a new fault line ripped through the impact crater. Therefore we know the crater had to have been caused between the two fault events.

Location hidden

#494189 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
When Skom accuses people of lying, he's saying "you are so much better than me, it hurts! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Moooommiiiieeeeee!"
With slightly less "mommie" and more "wah."
LOL

That's quite the imagination you have

Hiding tells herslef

"They are just calling me a bigot cause they are jealous of how super smart I am"

I bet you had all sorts of pretend explanations growing up for why people didn't like you!

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#494190 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
No when a man gives his word he says so
Except for you. When you write something, you're just pretending to be honest.

That's ok, Skom. Your lack of honor for your word is not a big deal in my life. I just find it terrifically amusing that you'll accuse others of lying without impunity while redefining what "giving your word" means for yourself.

Location hidden

#494191 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, still drinking :)
I'm shocked

I was wondering why all the baby-talk and pretending I am your dad and asking to borrow the car and things that made no sense

Now it makes a little more sense

You must have a very satisfying life if you gotta drink by yourself in the morning on Topix huh?

Maybe those singalongs by your tennis courts weren't such a bad idea after all?

“Volume # 33”

Since: Aug 11

Coming Soon!

#494192 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Now that I have you here though, if you found your husband engaging in oral sex with another man would you believe him if he told you he wasn't gay?
Are you and your wife estranged over some similar altercation and maybe looking for some sort of internal solace that, someplace somewhere, there is someone, a woman, that wouldn't have reacted ...OH!...I didn't even think of this...

Did she want "THE BEEF MEISTER" to move in?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#494193 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
Why?
Or perhaps you think it is valid to be proud of anything at all. Why not be proud to have athlete's foot?
What part of Christianity are you proud of? The scapegoating of atheists and gays? The promotion of scientific ignorance? The witch burnings and the Inquisitions? The way you stood up to Hitler? The sex syndicate run out of the Vatican? Your disproportionate preference for George Bush that made his presidency possible? Filling impressionable young minds with the terror of hell theology or guilt for having sexual urges? The deep pessimism for man and the world?
Or maybe you're proud because you believe something for no better reason than that you chose to believe it, or that your mother chose for you to believe it.
There's another one, that's right folks, Dum is a Humanist.. next it'll be boo hooing because simplyput will rebut..

I'm a Humanist too, that's why I can be rude and abuse people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min nanoanomaly 841,380
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Patrick Daniels 591,285
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min karl44 100,188
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min giddy up 271,454
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 22 min waaasssuuup 4,758
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 29 min Naveen kumar 1,466
9/11&bin 49 min REV CAROL 1
More from around the web