Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#494186 Feb 25, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
I have an announcement to make!
Well, most of you know I'm an Astrophysicist, now I have even more qualifications.
I just completed all my simulation training and am a qualified Neurologist, I have a super black belt in Kung Fu, I can build a Pyramid by myself, I can fly and I have all of Indiana Jones' and Lara Croft's knowledge!
I've also been ordained as a topix Emperor so you're sacked Catcher!
LOL.....Hugs to the Topix Emperess.

:-)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494187 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You, sir, are an idiot. Your reading comprehension is poor, to be kind. You don't even use the word "bigot" correctly. I suppose that's more stupidity than anything.
It's not your fault.
On I am using the word bigot very appropriately

YOUR WORDS

Hidings said:

"But you know what, I'd like it if you kept your religion to your houses, too. Keep it out of schools and out of government, please. You can write about it in obscure internet forums, like this one, if if pleases you.But I don't want singalongs near my tennis courts or people lying to me about "taking a census," stopping me when I'm peacefully walking so they can talk about their stupid deity. Yes, keep your religion to yourself"

What is wrong with singalongs by your tennis courts

Do you feel other people shouldn't have freedoms in public? They can't even be too close to your tennis courts? What if someone said that about gays. Oh yeah, you most certainly are a bigot

But now that I have you here though, if you found your husband engaging in oral sex with another man would you believe him if he told you he wasn't gay?

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#494188 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Uh HUH. And they will have fun with that in that it will make a difference on how much the faults have moved overall, and what types of oxides, materials, and gasses they have ejected and how that will affect the tests.
I must not have explained well. The principles of geology work like this: let's say you are writing on a newspaper. We know the ink is underneath because your handwriting will lie on top the ink. So the ink was first (earlier). If someone comes along later, and draws on top of your writing, we can tell that, too, b/c your writing will be obscured by their drawing. So we can figure out which came first.

That's how the relative dating goes. The impact crater erased details of a fault line. Then, at some later date, a new fault line ripped through the impact crater. Therefore we know the crater had to have been caused between the two fault events.

Location hidden

#494189 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
When Skom accuses people of lying, he's saying "you are so much better than me, it hurts! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Moooommiiiieeeeee!"
With slightly less "mommie" and more "wah."
LOL

That's quite the imagination you have

Hiding tells herslef

"They are just calling me a bigot cause they are jealous of how super smart I am"

I bet you had all sorts of pretend explanations growing up for why people didn't like you!

Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night

Some stable somewhere

#494190 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
No when a man gives his word he says so
Except for you. When you write something, you're just pretending to be honest.

That's ok, Skom. Your lack of honor for your word is not a big deal in my life. I just find it terrifically amusing that you'll accuse others of lying without impunity while redefining what "giving your word" means for yourself.

Location hidden

#494191 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, still drinking :)
I'm shocked

I was wondering why all the baby-talk and pretending I am your dad and asking to borrow the car and things that made no sense

Now it makes a little more sense

You must have a very satisfying life if you gotta drink by yourself in the morning on Topix huh?

Maybe those singalongs by your tennis courts weren't such a bad idea after all?

“Volume # 33”

Since: Aug 11

Coming Soon!

#494192 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Now that I have you here though, if you found your husband engaging in oral sex with another man would you believe him if he told you he wasn't gay?
Are you and your wife estranged over some similar altercation and maybe looking for some sort of internal solace that, someplace somewhere, there is someone, a woman, that wouldn't have reacted ...OH!...I didn't even think of this...

Did she want "THE BEEF MEISTER" to move in?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#494193 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Or perhaps you think it is valid to be proud of anything at all. Why not be proud to have athlete's foot?
What part of Christianity are you proud of? The scapegoating of atheists and gays? The promotion of scientific ignorance? The witch burnings and the Inquisitions? The way you stood up to Hitler? The sex syndicate run out of the Vatican? Your disproportionate preference for George Bush that made his presidency possible? Filling impressionable young minds with the terror of hell theology or guilt for having sexual urges? The deep pessimism for man and the world?
Or maybe you're proud because you believe something for no better reason than that you chose to believe it, or that your mother chose for you to believe it.
There's another one, that's right folks, Dum is a Humanist.. next it'll be boo hooing because simplyput will rebut..

I'm a Humanist too, that's why I can be rude and abuse people.

Location hidden

#494194 Feb 25, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with your last statement...I don't believe they are pretending.
What I do think is that are acting upon their faith based on their interpretation of what the Bible says. Are they right about that interpretation...not in my opinion.
Take this thread for example...
It has just come off a a bitter battle concerning OSAS. Someone has to be right...someone has to be wrong...possibly.
Was one side pretending...or were they just acting upon their interpretation?
Some feel as if they must speak up against homosexuality and use some rather unkind words while do so...others might consider it sin...yet feel no need to vilify...then there are those that fight for the rights of gays.
Are any of them pretending...not in my opinion...they are acting according to their interpretation of scripture.
Each person can find scripture to back up their interpretation...look how much was posted for the OSAS debate...each person felt as if their interpretation was the correct one. I don't think that any of them were pretending.
I agree with this

I thought that was a good example
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#494195 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom, one of two of your posts have a nasty edge to them. You neednt let atheists wind you up so much. That is playing into their hands. Its their raison d'etre to cause strife here.

Location hidden

#494196 Feb 25, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it's fascinating that nobody addressed any of my questions ..
1. How do we decide what is good?
2. Are some beliefs true, just because someone believes them, and everybody else's beliefs, therefore, false ??
3. If opinions conflict, how does society decide what is good? Through cold calculated logic, scientific evidence and compassion or some church's dogma?
.. guess nothing there is interesting enough to debate. What's left to talk about other than sex ??..
There is no universal way to decide what is good

Their are very few moral absolutes, if any if they are general enough

Society's morality is determined by a majority and is normally a reflection of their faith and legal system

What is determined what is moral is decided by the majority

What is considered moral has always been subject to change

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494197 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
if they have rejected Jesus than there is no way that they were ever Christians to begin with.
I'm sure that you support the US Constitution and its Establishment Clause, don't you? If not - if instead you support special rights for American churches - then you reject church-state separation, and by your reckoning, you were never a true American to begin with:

[1] "American Atheists is Suing the IRS, Claiming That It Gives Preferential Treatment to Religious Groups"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

More on that:

"The Freedom From Religion Foundation, with plaintiffs Annie Laurie Gaylor, Anne Nicol Gaylor and Dan Barker, filed a nationally significant federal lawsuit in Madison, Wis., on Sept. 13, 2011, challenging tax benefits for “ministers of the gospel,” commonly known as “the parsonage exemption." FFRF seeks a declaration that the federal statute creating the parish exemption, as administered by the IRS and the Treasury Department, violates the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment by providing preferential tax benefits to ministers of the gospel."
http://ffrf.org/legal/challenges/challenges-o...

Also,

[2] "FFRF Sues the IRS for Not Going After Politically-Active Churches"
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...

And more on that

"The Freedom From Religion Foundation took the Internal Revenue Service to court over its failure to enforce electioneering restrictions against churches and religious organizations, calling it a violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment and of FFRF’s equal protection rights."
http://ffrf.org/legal/challenges/ongoing-laws...

Location hidden

#494198 Feb 25, 2013
Passion of the Masochrist wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you and your wife estranged over some similar altercation and maybe looking for some sort of internal solace that, someplace somewhere, there is someone, a woman, that wouldn't have reacted ...OH!...
LOL

You don't even know it but you are agreeing with me

I don't know anybody, anywhere that could walk in and see their husband engaging in oral sex with another man that would believe he isn't gay

Hiding claims guys can go around blowing other guys and it is just a sexual identity issue, it doesn't mean they are gay

Do you agree "new" poster?

Some stable somewhere

#494199 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
On I am using the word bigot very appropriately
YOUR WORDS
Hidings said:
"But you know what, I'd like it if you kept your religion to your houses, too. Keep it out of schools and out of government, please. You can write about it in obscure internet forums, like this one, if if pleases you.But I don't want singalongs near my tennis courts or people lying to me about "taking a census," stopping me when I'm peacefully walking so they can talk about their stupid deity. Yes, keep your religion to yourself"
What is wrong with singalongs by your tennis courts
Do you feel other people shouldn't have freedoms in public? They can't even be too close to your tennis courts? What if someone said that about gays. Oh yeah, you most certainly are a bigot
But now that I have you here though, if you found your husband engaging in oral sex with another man would you believe him if he told you he wasn't gay?
Yes, I stand by those words. They aren't bigotry. You utterly fail to understand the word "bigotry" - no surprise.

I'm absolutely against limiting people's religious freedoms, but I don't like it when they encroach on mine. I'm sure Christians wouldn't like me to set up an atheist stage and preach how incorrect they are.

And you know what? I'm polite enough not to. But Christians aren't. Their feel their religion should be shared by all, regardless of other's privacy. But, no, I most certainly would never vote for making religious beliefs and practices illegal, unless they specifically damaged people (like genital mutilation).

What is religious about being a homosexual? What unites homosexuals in the same way that religion unites believers?

Oh...that's right, nothing. Homosexuality is a sexual identity - that's it. It doesn't unify people, except in cultures where homosexuality is discriminated against. So when you write "what if people said that about gays?" You're being bigoted by treating all gays as if they had something in common other than sexuality. You're also being dishonest in trying to make my words out to be worse than they are. Let's face it, you're just really stupid.

Yeah - keep your religion away from the public. Stop having Christians going around with fake "censuses" to capture people's attention through dishonesty. Stop going door to door - it's rude. Do you have a right to these things? Absolutely - and it shall never be taken away. And I have a right to complain about it and dislike those religious practices.

You know, maybe I'll start an atheist group where we go door to door trying to convince people that they'd be happier without religion. And we don't even cost money! No tithe. Frees up your Sundays. You'd be getting a deal.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#494200 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be one thing if they could point to some official teaching or church doctrine. But they know they can't. So instead they say vague things like church and ideology without giving any specifics because if they did they would have to concede that there is no 'church' teaching anything they claim but rather some individuals out of hundreds of millions and some churches out of tens of thousands where some people are engaging in their first amendment rights and they don't agree with what they are saying. That is their right but their attempt to label everything as the 'church' is why the bigotry is so clear.
Then of comments like they want Christians to keep their faith within their churches or homes only and want to message influencing politics or society even if it is a positive message to love because it comes from Christians or people like Hiding who thinks Christians shouldn't be singing too close to her tennis courts
They are snobs and bigots and completely self-blind
Absolutely, well written Skom. I don't think I want to be a Humanist Atheist anymore.. If I became that dumb and hateful I could not bear it.. Do you think the sky would forgive me?

<3

Location hidden

#494201 Feb 25, 2013
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Skom, one of two of your posts have a nasty edge to them. You neednt let atheists wind you up so much. That is playing into their hands. Its their raison d'etre to cause strife here.
Oh I know why they are here

Just having a little fun with a few of them

You will notice I am no longer responding to 4-5 of them any longer and that is just because I know they can only talk to themselves for so long. It is why they had to come here cause they had nobody left to talk to

There are just a couple I am following some points up on and IANS I simply enjoy exposing his bigotry

But trust me, just Topix to me

:)

Location hidden

#494203 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for you. When you write something, you're just pretending to be honest.
That's ok, Skom. Your lack of honor for your word is not a big deal in my life. I just find it terrifically amusing that you'll accuse others of lying without impunity while redefining what "giving your word" means for yourself.
LOL

I will let it slide that you are probably too drunk to remember

I never said I was going to drop it and even the context you imagined it in was one of me posting a decision I had made, not telling someone i would do it, so I was never giving my word, even in your imagination

“Volume # 33”

Since: Aug 11

Coming Soon!

#494204 Feb 25, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You don't even know it but you are agreeing with me
I don't know anybody, anywhere that could walk in and see their husband engaging in oral sex with another man that would believe he isn't gay
Hiding claims guys can go around blowing other guys and it is just a sexual identity issue, it doesn't mean they are gay
Do you agree "new" poster?
I think that your time in prison has made you hyper-sensitive to this topic, and your Christian doctrine also compounds the issue.

If you walked in on your wife and she was having sex with another woman, would you think she is gay?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#494205 Feb 25, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Brother >>>Lawest<<<
I am saddened by the turn of events, that, even Christians share less as witness of this Faith, and too much time combating the things they should KNOW... will try them!
It is not 'marching forward'... without complaint... as in Victory, but spitefully spitting on those who mock.
It seems the norm has become less tolerable with one another. Or even why SHOULD Jesus Love me ???
God Bless my Friend.
Even PW's cry... we too are human.
((((IRRIRA)))))

Again hope all else is well with you my sister, I understand your sadness in seeing believers at debate with one another, but remember that not everyone who names the name of Jesus Christ truly has Christ as he said that many do him LIP service, as for myself.........I'm just setting the record straight on my beliefs when they are coming under attack, and I won't back down from that.

But you are right, and not everyone is of that very same spirit of Christ, we should spend more time in prayer.

1 John 4:1-5
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#494206 Feb 25, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.....Hugs to the Topix Emperess.
:-)
Hi Gorgeous.. sadly, I did not have Doc's and BT's permission to be empress.. LOL

Have a good day sweetie <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Joe Fortuna 88,475
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 6 min another viewer 671
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 34 min truth 665,573
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 38 min X Pendable 284,678
I LOVE you, Ewa M S 48 min Doctor REALITY 5
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 57 min Twizzler937 33
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,799
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr New Age Spiritual... 977,487
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 4 hr Scaritual 269
More from around the web