Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#494148 Feb 25, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
I am going to be troll scrolling again ~ if there is nothing worth reading, then there is no need for replying :)
"troll scrolling" lol. Good one.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#494149 Feb 25, 2013
Morning.....

:-)

“You can have anything in this world you want,
if you want it badly enough and you’re willing to pay the price.”

- Mary Kay Ash

Thought for the Day

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#494150 Feb 25, 2013
Today's Prayer

Great are You Lord, and most worthy of praise. You are a mighty fortress. I clap my hands and sing praises of joy before You, most awesome Lord on high. I know that You, God, reign over the nations and You, God, are seated on Your holy throne. And from that throne You may speak words of vengeance or words of protection, and it is done. May You be exalted. Please protect Your people and help us to be united for You as we live and minister to one another in this world. In Jesus' name, amen.

Prime time with God

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#494151 Feb 25, 2013
Encouraging Words.....

Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases.

Psalm 103:2-3

K-Love

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494152 Feb 25, 2013
mike wrote:
You're proud to be a christian because of what?
simplyput wrote:
As I said many , many blessings I have had bestowed upon me, and the list is long. But Life and the air we breathe is to ALL of us , and yes it is from GOD.'God BREATHED into Adam's nostrils the Breath of LIFE, and we ALL have that Breath of Life.
I thought that you said that you were proud to be a Christian. What you meant is that you're glad to be alive and grateful for the things that you have. Me, too. But none of that makes a person proud to be a Christian.

You also believe that a god made those things. But that's not the same as being proud of being Christian either. According to your theology, Satan believes the same thing, and may be also grateful to your god to be alive and to have the many gifts he has received, including the freedom to terrorize the earth, and to reign in hell to torture us forever. What a great gig if you're a sadist. But I doubt that he is proud to be a Christian.

So what are you proud of? Nothing. There is nothing to be proud of - no accomplishments. You might be proud to be an American because America provided freedom and economic opportunity for so many, or put men on the moon and brought them home safely.

But your church has no such accomplishments. It's legacy is just fear, guilt, self-loathing, alienation, death, division, strife and the like. How do you have a parade for that?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494153 Feb 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Well captain I gonna tell ya something I known for a long time now.Keep your eye on the state of Alaska and the earthquake activity.Matter fact pull it up on the internet and you see what I am talking about.Now when you look at this multiply this activity by one thousand.I would like your truthful opinion please.What ya think.
The place has 24000 quakes a year.
Bad place ta be.

Fennario

#494154 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Ahhh......but his Word does confirms it's truth to his faithful through his spirit
That's not how truth is confirmed. In fact, without material evidence, you can't distinguish such "truth" from error, dream, or delusion.
LAWEST100 wrote:
but of course you would have no reference point to understand that unless you have had the born experience IN his name
That's what schizophrenics say about their "truth." It is confirmed by the voices in their heads.

Nobody cares what other people believe. We care about what other people know and can demonstrate. The Mormons did or do believe that as a black man, you are an abomination, and would no doubt also claim that that truth of that was confirmed by a spirit just like you did. What would you say to that? You dodged that question twice before already, back when you were explaining to us how your god revealed the "truth" that gays were an abomination.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#494155 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
But your church has no such accomplishments. It's legacy is just fear, guilt, self-loathing, alienation, death,..
Church for people here is an oasis of peace and hope. Why try to dash that hope?

Fennario

#494156 Feb 25, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
Sometimes the argument is advanced that since God's grace covers all our sins, then we are free to live as we please.
Why wouldn't you conclude that if you get forgiveness on demand?
Grace Walker wrote:
God's grace does provide for our freedom, but it is meant to free us from a slavery to our selfish, sinful nature in order that we "might pursue" "every good work"--to become all that God intends us to be
How's that working out? Most of you consider humanity filth, and the world a shambles.

Fennario

#494157 Feb 25, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
Which was all about that promising Messiah to come.(c:
Why do you worship a guy named Jesus instead of one named Emmanuel?

Fennario

#494158 Feb 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
It's so much fun.
And the icing on the cake is unconditional love.
That's why I'm so proud to be Pastor of the Thread.
You are truly a Good Shepherd.

Fennario

#494159 Feb 25, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Those poor persecuted witches, I feel so sorry for them
It doesn't sound like it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494160 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Let's take an easy one first.
How do you explain Baalbek?
1000 ton cut block and 800 ton blocks cut, moved uphill and fitted?
Just that, I believe is sufficient for this site, so I will leave it at that.
It is alright if you just say "I don't know or we don't know yet".
I will accept that if that is the case. It would be good if you actually do have an honest answer to this, as I have yet to find one that is acceptable.
"The quarry was slightly higher up than the temple itself so no lifting was required to move the stones the 800 meters (2,600 ft) to the temple. In 1977, Jean-Pierre Adam made a brief study suggesting the large blocks could have been moved on rollers with machines using capstans and pulley blocks, a process which he theorised could use 512 workers to move a 557 tonne block"

Adam, Jean Pierre; Anthony Mathews (1999)
Hastings, James (2004, originally published 1898-1904)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baalbek

“"None shall pass"”

There

#494161 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the geoscience backs that up - it was mostly likely caused by a meteorite.
I found two articles on how old it is. The first claims that it is young and hints that it may be responsible for ending one city of the Harappan period:
http://www.geosocindia.org/abstracts/2006/nov...
In fact, the above is the only scientific article I could find that suggests perhaps a meteorite impacted a human settlements - that's certainly possible, and I hope they study it further, but it does not suggest nuclear war.
Also, please note that none of the geological surveys find increased radiation, as you would with a weapon strike. Let's say the scenario where the meteorite strikes the town is correct - that would give off intense heat, too, as per the description, but not be nuclear.
Another suggests the event took place in the Miocene (about 10 million years ago):
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2008/pdf...
If the above is correct, then the Sanskrit writing is simply mythology explaining the crater.
Agreed.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#494162 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or perhaps Lona crater.(I think that is the spelling) Neither shows any evidence of actual meteor impact...however -high levels of radioactivity.--(keeping it very short here)
It is an impact crater.
Here is a geological paper on it:

http://scripts.mit.edu/~paleomag/articles/Mal...
Doctor REALITY

United States

#494163 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an impact crater.
Here is a geological paper on it:
http://scripts.mit.edu/~paleomag/articles/Mal...
Shouldn't you be getting ready for work?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#494164 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I think you better go back and reread the posts. It was YOU that went into attack mode and called names...not I.
Why is it so difficult for you to entertain the thought that you might not be the breed of highest intelligence and technology that has ever existed on this planet. That, in itself, is bigoted thinking, and you own it.
Again ...I am in no manner insecure...I am willing to evaluate any evidence presented...objectively.
It appears that you are not.
Who is not being objective and open minded here?
I don't think she even bothered to check, took me less than a minute to find this;

ttp://www.bibliotecapleyades.n et/ancientatomicwar/esp_ancien t_atomic_12.htm

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#494165 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask your doctor if Zovirax brand of acyclovir in the new bright red blister pack is right for you.
LOL

C'mom Dude

You already had no clue what the first thing was you were prescribing.

Stop trying to pretend to play doctor on the Internet. You never even made a good one when you were one

Location hidden

#494166 Feb 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my audience.
You can't hold that against me because few get that close.
Enjoy.
Thx

:)

Location hidden

#494167 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. But, Dad, can I borrow the car tonight? Please?
Please don't pretend I am your father. I would never raise a bigot.

Here I will let you read it again

"But you know what, I'd like it if you kept your religion to your houses, too. Keep it out of schools and out of government, please. You can write about it in obscure internet forums, like this one, if if pleases you.But I don't want singalongs near my tennis courts or people lying to me about "taking a census," stopping me when I'm peacefully walking so they can talk about their stupid deity. Yes, keep your religion to yourself"

Now that I have you here though, if you found your husband engaging in oral sex with another man would you believe him if he told you he wasn't gay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Robert F 992,394
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min kent 693,549
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 7 min Peter Ross 50
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 8 min Halle Berry Sister 4,474
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min NotSoDivineMsM 53,264
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 35 min Tony 6,746
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 46 min Doctor REALITY 13
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 hr bongodongo 446,008
More from around the web