Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494119 Feb 25, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It'd!! seem!! more!! meaningful!! if!! you'd!! put!! two!! exclamation!! marks!! after!! every!! word!! it!! seems!! to!! suit!! your!! style!!
[Seinfeld on exclamation points]

Since: Feb 13

Cleveland, OH

#494120 Feb 25, 2013
There is no reason why Jesus should love you, but he does. No one is righteous, not even one. But through the grace of God we can be saved from these pain filled lives we are living. A true christian knows that this world is not our home, theres something greater out there. All you have to do is look for it.

Fennario

#494121 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Aah. Isn't every individuals perspective merely an abstract? And the multitude of decisions one makes every waking moment an effort to make sense of and properly deal with that abstract?
I wouldn't argue with that, but Dim might. He doesn't distinguish between abstractions like ideologies and the people that hold it. To him, hating one is hating both.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494122 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, read those, searched in the academic lit and found nothing and no evidence whatsoever to back up those stories. The geological survey found no extreme radiation at all.
"The results of the measurement of natural radioactivity in soil collected from various locations of three districts of Rajasthan state using the gamma spectrometry technique are presented. The data on calculated and measured values of outdoor air absorbed dose rates due to terrestrial gamma radiation at each location are also discussed. It has been observed that the concentrations of the natural radionuclides viz., 40K, 226Ra and 232Th in the soils vary from 50 to 137 Bq.kg-1, from 30 to 78 Bq.kg-1 and from 43 to 106 Bq.kg-1 respectively. It has also been observed that on average, the outdoor terrestrial gamma air absorbed dose rate is about 6.7 x 10-8Gy.h-1 for the three districts and the corresponding outdoor annual effective dose of 8.2 x 10-5 Sv. Weak correlations have been observed between the concentration of 40K and that of 226Ra and 232Th."
http://rpd.oxfordjournals.org/content/63/3/20...
Another:
"It is observed from the results that there is no significant radiation hazard due to natural radionuclides of the soil samples in the studied areas."
http://rpd.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2...
I'm sorry, what can be stated without evidence can be dismisssed without evidence.
Those are good. Thanks. I wonder why the Indian govt. restricted the area.

Fennario

#494123 Feb 25, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
From my point of view, I'm overjoyed that Christians cherry pick what to believe from the Bible. That's the only form of progression possible in such a system. Pretty soon there won't be many cherries left though. I'm looking forward to that.
Good point.

And by what standard do they decide which scriptures to embrace and which to jettison? There can only be one answer to that: humanist standards. Apart from other religions, what else is there but rational ethics to guide them?

The best Christians are humanists, like Sora and Seraphine, who refuse to embrace Christian homophobia, for example. The ones that have retained too much of their bibles, such as the commandment to not suffer witches, are not good people.

The same thing has happened to their version of science. People that won't cherry pick what to believe about the history of the universe sound like cave men.

Location hidden

#494124 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you specifically attacked me there and you don't expect me to fight back? I'm at fault for responding to you in kind?
I'll wait for your apology.
Calling your behavior immature is an attack?
OK ...I apologize if that will change it.

Location hidden

#494125 Feb 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't find rense.com a credible source ? chuckle
As credible as warner bros.

Fennario

#494126 Feb 25, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Does believing a book is divine, or that a GOD is real give you some kind of super-power that others don't have because they don't believe?
They think that it gives their life meaning that unbeliever's lack.

"Northeast Ohio man claims bird droppings show image of Christ"
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/o...

Location hidden

#494127 Feb 25, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
That merely states that it is safe, not that there is no anomaly.
The Iridium Layer at the KT Boundary is safe, too. Are you going to dismiss the Chicxulub impact theory as well ?
For all intent, anything having a 4,000 year span since incident even as Hiroshima would be negligible or non existent in tests. It would take testing similar to the Great Lakes investigation to even realize any trace paths or effects...and then... that sets all the dating way off. I don't know if I explained that right.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#494128 Feb 25, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't argue with that, but Dim might. He doesn't distinguish between abstractions like ideologies and the people that hold it. To him, hating one is hating both.
Posts like this is why people here think you are a bigot and a bully.
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#494129 Feb 25, 2013
Good morning all

Location hidden

#494130 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the geoscience backs that up - it was mostly likely caused by a meteorite.
I found two articles on how old it is. The first claims that it is young and hints that it may be responsible for ending one city of the Harappan period:
http://www.geosocindia.org/abstracts/2006/nov...
In fact, the above is the only scientific article I could find that suggests perhaps a meteorite impacted a human settlements - that's certainly possible, and I hope they study it further, but it does not suggest nuclear war.
Also, please note that none of the geological surveys find increased radiation, as you would with a weapon strike. Let's say the scenario where the meteorite strikes the town is correct - that would give off intense heat, too, as per the description, but not be nuclear.
Another suggests the event took place in the Miocene (about 10 million years ago):
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2008/pdf...
If the above is correct, then the Sanskrit writing is simply mythology explaining the crater.
What is the radiation readings at Hiroshima? That was 1945...only 68 years ago.
Today, the background radiation in Hiroshima and Nagasaki is the same as the average amount of natural radiation present anywhere on Earth.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#494131 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Calling your behavior immature is an attack?
OK ...I apologize if that will change it.
Damnit, now I can't be immature.

Thanks a lot.

:)

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#494132 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> What is the radiation readings at Hiroshima? That was 1945...only 68 years ago.
Today, the background radiation in Hiroshima and Nagasaki is the same as the average amount of natural radiation present anywhere on Earth.
Gone, mostly. You have to realize that the Japanese government did a clean up (got rid of the topsoil and most of the buildings) and the bombs exploded in the air, leaving no impact crater.

Nuclear bombs have a spherical damage area. The US military set the bombs to blow up to cause maximum damage - that's in the air. It also leaves less radioactive residue behind b/c it's not vaporizing the ground.

Better to compare it to the Nevada test sites or Bikini atoll. Nevada remains highly radioactive, as does the land around Bikini atoll, but the water is now radioactive-free, b/c the ocean washed everything away.

Location hidden

#494133 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are redirecting from me asking you for evidence to support your claims.
Why?
What? Redirecting?
I was simply following your rhetoric about being able to prove that any structures of the ancients could be easily explained in their capability and construction, and that the stone ones were the easiest...HERE IS THE POST I ANSWERED.

==========

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Hunter gatherers built elaborate structures, actually.
People of the past were as intelligent as we are today. They simply lacked our knowledge and technology. They were equally innovative as any of us are - perhaps more so, since their environment was technologically impoverished and difficult to survive in.
However, there are all kinds of ways to use ancient technologies to get accurate measurements. Pendulums give relatively accurate measurements using light and shadow (and you can measure distant objects with shadow), jade is harder than steel, obsidian finer than surgical steel, wood expands with water and cuts rock, leverage allows you to lift much heavier objects.
Pyramids are pretty easy to build - you just stick less big rocks on the second level, less on the third, and so on, and you get a pyramid. It's the easiest structure to build out of stone and that's why the ancient world has a lot of them. For most dig sites, archaeologists have evidence of how buildings were built and they've often found the tools used to do so.
Which structures do you think people could not have built?
The thing is, if you're going to suggest that we couldn't do it, you're going to have to provide evidence for your remarkable hypothesis. As it stands, there's absolutely no reason to think people could not have built any human structure on this planet.
If, however, we found a robot or spaceship or something from 3000 BC, that would change.

==========and here was my answer===
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Let's take an easy one first.
How do you explain Baalbek?
1000 ton cut block and 800 ton blocks cut, moved uphill and fitted?
Just that, I believe is sufficient for this site, so I will leave it at that.
It is alright if you just say "I don't know or we don't know yet".
I will accept that if that is the case. It would be good if you actually do have an honest answer to this, as I have yet to find one that is acceptable.

=======here is your reply to that=======
You are redirecting from me asking you for evidence to support your claims.

Why?
==========

WTF?

Location hidden

#494134 Feb 25, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider this the stones were moved and cut put in place by the mind.The mind has no limits period.
That could be closer to truth than one might think.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#494135 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VSKn8RlD7IsXX [Seinfeld on exclamation points]
I had forgotten all about that one, especially when he started reading!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#494136 Feb 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That could be closer to truth than one might think.
Please ask no more of me sir cause I given you-my truthful answer.
I am 10-4 for tonight until you decide it is time for us to talk again.Take care of yourself and beloved jibber.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#494137 Feb 25, 2013
<quoted text>
They think that it gives their life meaning that unbeliever's lack.
"Northeast Ohio man claims bird droppings show image of Christ"
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/o...
Yeah...

But then you've got things like this and it's uncanny.
http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg601/sca...

Location hidden

#494138 Feb 25, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what the studies above - that I referenced - demonstrate. Quite the opposite actually.
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2013/pdf...
They conclude it's most likely a meteorite impact (all evidence suggests that). The geological reports I referenced above show no abnormal radiation levels. Not sure where you are getting your information from, but you are invited to post links to the scientific articles that support your assertions.
Amazing /// and all of this was done using (2) "grains" of quartz...as that is all they had to work with from an entire 3.5 mile wide target.
Not that I would disagree with the results of the tests on those (2) grains....And yet they are noted still inconclusive as proof in 5 years of study.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 10 min 07 Mustang 7,161
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 19 min Aura Mytha 123,327
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 286,526
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Huh 982,215
_ VATICAN to get 'Legal Right' to TEMPLE MOUNT _ 5 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
america needs more TRUTH AND JUSTICE 5 hr hacksaw 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 hr Born Again Holy C... 681,739
More from around the web