Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#494068 Feb 24, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true little one, we will all surely die, but you can survive, and have everlasting life.....
In other words we will still be dead.

No one has ever not died. Even in your religion Jesus got up after three days just to die again 40 days later.

40 days ? Might as well stay dead.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#494069 Feb 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
The Sperm whale greets the Earth.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tpiwRN6OA2AXX
That's exactly what I was thinking of.

I love that movie.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#494070 Feb 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir mon amie, that is interesting, doubt if I'll ever get the opportunity to try it.
Bonsoir mon ami, this would be tragic, it is very good of this I assure you.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#494071 Feb 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I think you better go back and reread the posts. It was YOU that went into attack mode and called names...not I.
Why is it so difficult for you to entertain the thought that you might not be the breed of highest intelligence and technology that has ever existed on this planet. That, in itself, is bigoted thinking, and you own it.
Again ...I am in no manner insecure...I am willing to evaluate any evidence presented...objectively.
It appears that you are not.
Who is not being objective and open minded here?
Please show me where I made the claim that I am the "breed of highest intelligence and technology that ever existed on this planet."

And...if I did write that, which I most certainly did not, how would it be bigoted?

I know you're still catching up in posts, so I won't write anything nasty. One honestly not nasty comment: scientific disciplines have guiding framework theories. They unify the current observed phenomena into one explanatory framework. Hypotheses are drawn from this framework such that the details of the framework are tested out.

That does two things:

1. It prevents trained scientists from making wild, non-evidence based claims. No archaeologist is going to look at an ancient village and think "I don't really know how they got these big blocks of stone here, so I'm thinking aliens or God." That would be outside the framework theory. Generally, framework theories exist to provide guidance and eliminate the absurd.

2. It can put the blinders on. Newton's theories made it difficult for people to explain why they failed at high speeds or the motion of Mercury. But Einstein overcame that and surprised everyone at the time.

You're claiming that I'm in point no. 2 above, because I'm rejecting your claims out of hand. That might be true. As a general rule, if you propose a hypothesis that is so far outside the framework theory, you have to provide extraordinary evidence for your claims. You have presented bits and pieces of a mythological story (and I provided more parts of it that seem expand the overall story and suggest, at least to me, the authors were simply being fanciful) and that's it. Sorry, that's not enough.

Nuclear weapons require high technology to produce. People who lived in waddle and daub houses couldn't make them. Where's the tech? Where're the refineries? Where is any hard evidence to support your interpretation of an ancient mythology, one that also included lots of anachronistic and fanciful accounts of the past as well as what you believe to be a nuclear strike?
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#494072 Feb 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir mon ami, no problem.
Bonsoir Monsieur, merci beaucoup.

Some stable somewhere

#494073 Feb 24, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true little one, we will all surely die, but you can survive, and have everlasting life.
I believe in Jesus Christ, and that He died for my Sins , I have everlasting life ,(John 3 :16) after I leave this ole world.
Thank you very much for listening, and replying.
Sure, sure, you've already demonstrated that you believe in your religion. I'm convinced. You really believe in your religion.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#494074 Feb 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I think you better go back and reread the posts. It was YOU that went into attack mode and called names...not I.
Why is it so difficult for you to entertain the thought that you might not be the breed of highest intelligence and technology that has ever existed on this planet. That, in itself, is bigoted thinking, and you own it.
Again ...I am in no manner insecure...I am willing to evaluate any evidence presented...objectively.
It appears that you are not.
Who is not being objective and open minded here?
Must agree with ya.We are not the highest of intelligence and technolgy that existed on this planet.Much of today technolgy is a self built death trap.I know I know shut up stupid lol.Just sayin is all.

Some stable somewhere

#494075 Feb 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes. God forbid that anyone should even question your conclusions, lest they be called idiots and absurd.
So...are you saying that a deeper understanding of archaeology would be of no benefit to you?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494076 Feb 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, right, sorry. I'll start with "there must have been a nuclear war in the past because that's what I see, as a contemporary person, when I take out snippets of past mythology and ignore entirely their context, language and all the information we have on them."
To be a good anthropologist, I need to be like you, right? Start with some deeply held idea, ignore all evidence around me, cherry pick supporting myths, and tell everyone they're wrong unless they agree with me. Then, when they produce evidence, I'll tell them "you didn't explain it perfectly, so I'm right! Nya!"
Yes, that will make me a good scientist just like you. I'm glad you cleared that up for me, thanks.
AGAIN.

You are incorrectly paraphrasing my statements, and creating an atmosphere conducive to the appearance that I am incapable of rational deduction, and that I am uneducated and therefor "dismissible on your direction, while employing that very immature behavior in it's effort to defame.
That is unacceptable behavior.
If that is the best you have to offer, there is no profit in such immature intercourse.

Some stable somewhere

#494077 Feb 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
Ok, read those, searched in the academic lit and found nothing and no evidence whatsoever to back up those stories. The geological survey found no extreme radiation at all.

"The results of the measurement of natural radioactivity in soil collected from various locations of three districts of Rajasthan state using the gamma spectrometry technique are presented. The data on calculated and measured values of outdoor air absorbed dose rates due to terrestrial gamma radiation at each location are also discussed. It has been observed that the concentrations of the natural radionuclides viz., 40K, 226Ra and 232Th in the soils vary from 50 to 137 Bq.kg-1, from 30 to 78 Bq.kg-1 and from 43 to 106 Bq.kg-1 respectively. It has also been observed that on average, the outdoor terrestrial gamma air absorbed dose rate is about 6.7 x 10-8Gy.h-1 for the three districts and the corresponding outdoor annual effective dose of 8.2 x 10-5 Sv. Weak correlations have been observed between the concentration of 40K and that of 226Ra and 232Th."

http://rpd.oxfordjournals.org/content/63/3/20...

Another:

"It is observed from the results that there is no significant radiation hazard due to natural radionuclides of the soil samples in the studied areas."

http://rpd.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2...

I'm sorry, what can be stated without evidence can be dismisssed without evidence.

Some stable somewhere

#494078 Feb 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
AGAIN.
You are incorrectly paraphrasing my statements, and creating an atmosphere conducive to the appearance that I am incapable of rational deduction, and that I am uneducated and therefor "dismissible on your direction, while employing that very immature behavior in it's effort to defame.
That is unacceptable behavior.
If that is the best you have to offer, there is no profit in such immature intercourse.
Hey, you specifically attacked me there and you don't expect me to fight back? I'm at fault for responding to you in kind?

I'll wait for your apology.
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#494079 Feb 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the worst doctrine I have ever read about, but why retain the Christian part? Christian humanism is a halfway point in the evolution of theistic thought, like deism. Just as deism jettisoned the ruler and judgmental god but retained the creator god - the halfway point to atheism, you've rejected Christian doctrine about the vileness, dependency and uselessness of man, and it's dogmatic, authoritarian nature in exchange for a rational ethic and a love of mankind.
Now jettison the magical thinking, faith based thought, and supernaturalism, and you're there.
Bonsoir Monsieur, in regards to your opinion I thank you for that, I am a child of the Renaissance Monsieur. This is what I believe human beings eternally change and grow daily in regards to how we do this it is much like a filter. I am a well-traveled person and no doubt you are familiar with my soulmate Seraphine? I do not find humanity vile Monsieur merely their actions towards eachother which I believe is changing for the better with the coming of enlightened thoughts and minds. May I ask what is the worst doctrine you have ever heard about? For myself I believe that if it contains no compassion for the fellow human race nor improvement to grow then it is not helping. My soulmate and I are like Peter Paul Rubens, although I can say in contrast to her I cannot paint to save my life but I paint with words I am a linguist. We are multi-lingual and multi-cultural and I respect the beliefs of all people and I also belief in the Constitution. I am sure you may agree with me when I say a theocracy is a disaster. People must be free to choose how they each live their lives Seraphine and I are not only Christian Humanists but proud liberals as well. What about yourself? It has been an honor and a priviledge to address you.

P.S.

Seraphine tells me you are into music? May I ask what genre? Do you play any instruments yourself? I am a classical guitarist. My role model is Andrés Segovia. It has been said by more modern Classical guitarists that his style is anachronistic but I disagree it is his trademark. The rubatos are what he is known for.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#494080 Feb 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, read those, searched in the academic lit and found nothing and no evidence whatsoever to back up those stories. The geological survey found no extreme radiation at all.
"The results of the measurement of natural radioactivity in soil collected from various locations of three districts of Rajasthan state using the gamma spectrometry technique are presented. The data on calculated and measured values of outdoor air absorbed dose rates due to terrestrial gamma radiation at each location are also discussed. It has been observed that the concentrations of the natural radionuclides viz., 40K, 226Ra and 232Th in the soils vary from 50 to 137 Bq.kg-1, from 30 to 78 Bq.kg-1 and from 43 to 106 Bq.kg-1 respectively. It has also been observed that on average, the outdoor terrestrial gamma air absorbed dose rate is about 6.7 x 10-8Gy.h-1 for the three districts and the corresponding outdoor annual effective dose of 8.2 x 10-5 Sv. Weak correlations have been observed between the concentration of 40K and that of 226Ra and 232Th."
Another:
"It is observed from the results that there is no significant radiation hazard due to natural radionuclides of the soil samples in the studied areas."
I'm sorry, what can be stated without evidence can be dismisssed without evidence.
What you don't find rense.com a credible source ? chuckle
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#494081 Feb 24, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you don't like/believe Paul either... but these words are very true!
Love always...
Take Care my Friend.
The Way of Love
1 Corinthians 13
13 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.
13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Bonsoir Madame, this is indeed true. The way of truth and love have always won and shall win in the end. Love is eternal it never dies like my love for Seraphine. I seem to recall you mentioned my name several times. Thank you I am honored. Our work shall and must continue Madame it is vital that we do this not for ourselves or our own gratitude but for all of those who are suffering and need real compassion not just flowery words and actions to go with those words. Our words have changed lives Madame and for this we are well pleased but we shall not rest until it is finished.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#494082 Feb 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is observed from the results that there is no significant radiation hazard due to natural radionuclides of the soil samples in the studied areas.".....
That merely states that it is safe, not that there is no anomaly.
The Iridium Layer at the KT Boundary is safe, too. Are you going to dismiss the Chicxulub impact theory as well ?
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#494083 Feb 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You (and Madame Seraphine) are very special, Monsieur.
Bonsoir Monsieur, to many it would seem that way but we regard ourselves as oridinary people with extraordinary insight into the human condition. Thank you again for your comment we think you are wonderful as well.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#494084 Feb 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a satellite image of the crater:

http://wikimapia.org/3558797/Ramgarh-Crater

It isn't volcanic. That leaves a meteor as the likely suspect. With or without radiocativty, it doesn't change much.
Now if one wants to claim it is more than a meteor crater then they have to provide the evidence. If one wants to claim that the crater doesn't exist then they need glasses. LOL
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#494085 Feb 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Another:
Bonsoir Madame, an intersting thought indeed. Anthropology is a fascinating field I myself am a linguist however. I see you are Japanese? My soulmate and I have been to your country many times Madame we learned much when we were there as we learn from all people on a daily basis. I am interested in learning more about the way you think and why you do. Your ongoing struggle here in my humble opinion is a pointless excercise in futility. Forgive me if this sounds harsh or cold. The way I see it argiung and debating with people must have the lack of ego and an open mind to listen to and even learn from those different from you, do you agree with this Madame? I myself am Martinican although my parents were not natives to the country and English is not my first language it is my fourth.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#494086 Feb 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of these threads, I don't think of Christianity much, except when they interrupt my life. It's rare here, but sometimes you get the occasional Jehovah's Witness begging you to think about the afterlife from their perspective. I just tell them I'm not interested - rarely have to use less respectful language.
Here, they really are like the druids.
Bonsoir mon amie, the Jehovah's Witness people never bother me although I am of course willing to listen to what they have to say I have my own thoughts as all people do. By the way cher, we have met before and I am a female. I do like your avatar by the way :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#494087 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
So, you think that coming here with your narrow minded, pre conceived ideas and attacking anyone who calls themselves a Christian and doesn't agree with you, makes jokes, defends themselves or ignores you; doing the right thing?
Of course not. Do you?
Illuminatrix wrote:
You are a rude little bigot my dear girl, an uneducated one at that. I admire Skom for standing up to hypocrites like you.
Et tu, Juicy? You want to start name calling again? And you admire the oligophrenic and truth impaired Dim? I guess that it's pretty hard for you not to do those things, isn't it?

But hey! No worries for you, right? I'll bet that your god has already forgiven you. He has to if you demand it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Tellthetruth 989,820
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 19 min NotSoDivineMsM 42,437
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 31 min bietxcpl4cpls 547
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min hojo 690,577
servpro sucks (Apr '08) 52 min Susan 37
Do white girls really love filipino men? In wha... (Apr '14) 1 hr Paul McCartney is... 10
Bring the jobs back to the USA! 1 hr Johnny 636
More from around the web