“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#494006 Feb 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an ongoing struggle.
No matter what anybody says.
Bonsoir mon ami, Indeed this is so, all we need do is look.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#494007 Feb 24, 2013
Everyday living in Bible times;
Women's dress
Womens's clothing was similar to men's but it was made of finer materials,had more colors and the women wore veils. They too had robes they wore under their outer garments.Their outer garments and headgear also protected them from the sun.Rich women wore a long train or veil.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#494008 Feb 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Liar! Bigot!
LOL. Sorry. Dim is functionally illiterate. And not smart enough to say. "I didn't see your answer" or "Could you link me to your reply" - something to suggest that he may have been at fault in part - but "I knew you wouldn't answer" to cast you as the coward who fled from her responsibility, however many times you may have actually met it.
Please feel free to verbally punt his testicles into his pituitary ad lib. He is so worthy of it. He begs for it.
So that is how "functionally illiterate" is used. Thanks! I didn't know.

Some stable somewhere

#494009 Feb 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>S if they have classes on nicety and manners..... you are in dire need.
Hey, if someone attacks me I attack back. It sounds like you didn't follow the entire conversation. I won't be called a bigot by Skom, I won't be told I'm bad at science by a conspiracy theorist like Black Thunder, who doesn't seem to understand what "evidence" is.

I'm sorry, but I fight back. I'm not going to take insults just to be nice.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#494010 Feb 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
What?
It was then that the merry duo embarked on the last journey of their lives, each looking forward to his secret prank of removing the other's parachute, and replacing it with dirty socks.

Each confident that they could save their friend by sharing his own parachute, they dove headlong into the wind, oblivious to their fates. One can only imagine the looks on their faces, the roller coaster of emotions, and the last thoughts they held before greeting the Earth.

I for one, would like to believe that they each respected the other's awesome prank, and could not fault each other for doing the same thing. What are the odds? Surely they held no ill will towards each other. How could they? Yes, I believe they died as friends, laughing and smiling, performing as much physical comedy as they could given the situation, like flapping their "wings" or doing a cannonball pose. That is what I choose to believe.
Doctor REALITY

Cabot, AR

#494011 Feb 24, 2013

Some stable somewhere

#494012 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>
You have my support.
Thanks, likewise.

Some stable somewhere

#494013 Feb 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree, and that is good enough for me. The Druids are still around. That's what I call a polite religion - Druidism. I would be satisfied with that status for the Christians.
As I've said countless times, even under humanist hegemony, they'll always be free to nail some jingly bells and a chicken dipped in lamb's blood to a stick and shake it at the full moon in the privacy of their own back yards and churches if that's what they think centers their lives and gives them meaning, purpose, and moral grounding. Who cares?
But the church isn't satisfied to keep its beliefs confined to the lives of believers, and the rest of us don't care what the chicken thinks about gay marriage, sex education, stem cell research, school prayer, extramarital sex between consenting adults, abortion, evolution, or anything else.
Since the Christians don't seem to respect that or much else except their church, we need to gently exhort them until they do so.
After that, I can't imagine why any of us would ever think about them again. Do you think about the Druids much?
Outside of these threads, I don't think of Christianity much, except when they interrupt my life. It's rare here, but sometimes you get the occasional Jehovah's Witness begging you to think about the afterlife from their perspective. I just tell them I'm not interested - rarely have to use less respectful language.

Here, they really are like the druids.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#494014 Feb 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
(in response to: Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's time to face the truth, IANS. Skombolis is impotent with regards to logic. He's incapable of backing up his claims - marking him as dishonest. He neither keeps his word, nor is capable of presenting evidence for his claims.
He's a lobster.)
No, it isn't nice. But it is necessary. Skom attacked everyone who tried to nicely explain the situation - so why play nice anymore?
I for one am still teary eyed.

The brute.
Sora

El Cajon, CA

#494015 Feb 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you familiar with Bruce Lee?
"Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing.'"
"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
Ideologies must adapt to survive. If they are inflexible, they will eventually break. Christian Fundamentalism in America is currently straining to the breaking point. It won't survive the next 20 years. Christian Humanism will likely become more predominant in the next cultural shift, along with other progressive religions and Deism. I think it's likely that after Christianity loses majority status, those that are still religious will be far more comfortable, because the country will become more religiously neutral. It will be better for everybody if there isn't one powerful religion pushing it's weight around.
Bonsoir Monsieur, yes of course I am familiar with him and his philosphy. Yes, ideologies must adapt to survive and my Christian Humanism contains elements of many different teachings I am also very strong on inter-faith and dialogue, something that Christian fundamentalists shun which is why I believe they shall go extinct. Religions and people who push their weight around are bullies. Jesus was no bully so why have so many Christians become bullies? It is an epidemic that must change. Seraphine and I are masters of Aikido so yes water is the best strategy. I believe in pacifism and non-violence but I also believe in self-defense we were drawn to Aikido for its philosophy of spherical movement and redirection of the opponent's energy we learned it in Kyoto, Japan years ago under the same Sensei. She was barely five feet tall and a Shintoist.

Some stable somewhere

#494016 Feb 24, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Sheesh...
I feel so guilty now for ever finding the "stories" of these authors interesting. And all they're asking is that...ah, forget it.
Now, I'm wondering if I should find Dan Brown's novels interesting?
Oh, you're welcome to find them interesting. That's quite a bit different than telling me I should use them to base testable hypotheses about the past on.

I'm sure they're as interesting as modern day fiction, perhaps more so if you're trying to understand what themes compelled past peoples.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#494017 Feb 24, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, Indeed this is so, all we need do is look.
Bonsoir Madame.

We shall overcome.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#494018 Feb 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It was then that the merry duo embarked on the last journey of their lives, each looking forward to his secret prank of removing the other's parachute, and replacing it with dirty socks.
Each confident that they could save their friend by sharing his own parachute, they dove headlong into the wind, oblivious to their fates. One can only imagine the looks on their faces, the roller coaster of emotions, and the last thoughts they held before greeting the Earth.
I for one, would like to believe that they each respected the other's awesome prank, and could not fault each other for doing the same thing. What are the odds? Surely they held no ill will towards each other. How could they? Yes, I believe they died as friends, laughing and smiling, performing as much physical comedy as they could given the situation, like flapping their "wings" or doing a cannonball pose. That is what I choose to believe.
You crazy, writer.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#494019 Feb 24, 2013
Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Monsieur, yes of course I am familiar with him and his philosphy. Yes, ideologies must adapt to survive and my Christian Humanism contains elements of many different teachings I am also very strong on inter-faith and dialogue, something that Christian fundamentalists shun which is why I believe they shall go extinct. Religions and people who push their weight around are bullies. Jesus was no bully so why have so many Christians become bullies? It is an epidemic that must change. Seraphine and I are masters of Aikido so yes water is the best strategy. I believe in pacifism and non-violence but I also believe in self-defense we were drawn to Aikido for its philosophy of spherical movement and redirection of the opponent's energy we learned it in Kyoto, Japan years ago under the same Sensei. She was barely five feet tall and a Shintoist.
You (and Madame Seraphine) are very special, Monsieur.

Some stable somewhere

#494020 Feb 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I have never "called" any department" as you infer wrongly...You are sending bigoted messages against someone who simply made a statement questioning your very "set" paradigm.
You are no different than the fundamentalist religibot who you point your finger at.
How about we start with Mohenjo Daro and Harappa.
Do ex[lain these two of many, without any doubt of cause.
Why the desperation to make everyone who questions you appear insane?
How am I being bigoted to dismiss your fantasies? Could you please read up on the word bigot, just to get it straight in your mind.

Just to clarify: your contention is that early civilizations collapsed because of nuclear war? And you believe that if I cannot provide you with exact details of their collapse then your hypothesis is supported?

And you are calling me a fundy here? The logic you are invoking is that of the dogmatic.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#494021 Feb 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The internet will help.
With a relatively free environment where an open exchange of ideas is possible, fair competition can take place. Better ideas will generally win out where there is equal access. I too am optimistic.
Bonsoir mon ami, yes a free environment must be the key where all people must be free to speak of their ideas and opinions without fear. I can tell you are optimistic like Sora and I by the tone and flavor of your words we were taught to look beyond the obvious.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#494022 Feb 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
But though he had done so many miracles before them yet they believed not on him.John 12:37
That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled which he spake Lord who hath believed our report.and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed.John 12:38
Therefore they could not believe,because that Esias said again.John 12:39
He hath blinded their eyes and hardened their heart;that they should not see with their eyes,nor understand with their heart and be converted and I should heal them.John 12:40
Theses things said Esaias,When he saw his glory and spake of him. John 12:41
Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him;but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him,lest they should be put out of the synagogue.John 12:42
For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.John 12:43
Some people believe;others don't
Some men don't need the props, though it is nice to know they are there.
Doctor REALITY

Cabot, AR

#494023 Feb 24, 2013
Here he is,America,the black version of the grand dragon of the black Ku Klux Klan:

Some stable somewhere

#494024 Feb 24, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. What else could I have expected from you.
All you have done so far is attack me when I ask you for evidence. Since you are unable to provide evidence, since you need to constantly attack, the only conclusion I can find is that you're insecure and incapable of presenting evidence.

Your idea is utterly absurd. Nuclear weapons did not exist 10 000 years ago. They didn't exist 200 years ago. Since you are making grandiose, fantastic claims, you have to provide solid evidence for your claims. If you cannot, and your best evidence lies in telling me how wrong I am, you're not saying anything.
Doctor REALITY

Cabot, AR

#494025 Feb 24, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 673,351
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Clearwater 104,778
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Clearwater 981,356
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 45 min ChromiuMan 6,190
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 184,626
Well.......now I KNOW I won't buy with Amazon.com 3 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Orlando Hair MD (Nov '13) 5 hr Garry K 7
More from around the web