Comments
474,941 - 474,960 of 599,925 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#493638 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of people misinterpret the Bible to suit their agendas or themselves, including non and x Christians.
A lot of Christians take the words of Jesus to heart and truly live it.
A lot of Christians misinterpret the Bible and are never taught any different.
A lot of people are homophobic and not all of them are Christians.
A lot of people are nasty and they are not all Christians either.
Agreed 100%

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#493639 Feb 24, 2013
Dr shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
check dr shrink,maybe something also is wrong with your brain??
if I write a lot, you are not only confused by shaking like jelly fish from deep fear and own low education not understanding foreign english slang from Oxford
Lol... I love you Doc :D
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#493640 Feb 24, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't it curious how those who have rejected Christ the most are his biggest complainers and critics?
Oh is it ever!

And sometimes it (thanks be to God) works just the opposite, The ones that cut God down the most and slander His name,:

after they DO receive Christ, are God's biggest supporters. We can only HOPE.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#493641 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Annie? You are using topix posters as an example of not pretending?
A lot of people misinterpret the Bible to suit their agendas or themselves, including non and x Christians.
A lot of Christians take the words of Jesus to heart and truly live it.
A lot of Christians misinterpret the Bible and are never taught any different.
A lot of people are homophobic and not all of them are Christians.
A lot of people are nasty and they are not all Christians either.
You have misunderstood the point that I was trying to make.

All of those conditions that you listed exist. I am not denying that.

What I was trying to say...I do not believe that most people are pretending...they truly believe that they have it right. It doesn't make any difference if I agree...you agree...they think they have "truth".

Many atrocities have been committed by people...not just religious people...because they believe they are right...no pretending.

My opinion...Topix is a cross-section of real life...after all...we don't just exist here.

sigh...I am batting "0" with you today...

Okay...

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#493642 Feb 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the whole series, far preferred it to the Hardy Boys.
Does that make me gay?
Probably...for sure if you read any of them more than once.

Now if you had said that you read the Bobbsey Twins...then you might be a bi-sexual!

Earth

#493643 Feb 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Another good reason to abandon Christianity.
Yeah, I agree and an even better reason is that now that I'm a 'Humanist' extian I can be as rude and nasty to people as I want and not even care, so liberating.

Ain't life grand!
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#493644 Feb 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>

I also know enough to wash my hands thoroughly after shoveling manure.
That is sure good to know.

Wasn't sure if you did know to do that, thanks for telling us you do.

Earth

#493645 Feb 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Where and when did this occur ?
Shouldn't you know Professor?

Earth

#493646 Feb 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> You have very little understanding of the origins of the Abrahamic religions, and the elements from previously existing religion/cultures that were incorporated into the emerging religious beliefs or mythos of the early Semitic peoples, to be later known as Judaic in specific, and additionally, how those beliefs once adopted by governments and regions, then influenced the world. It's a barbaric and bloody religion in concept and practice, especially so when those who believe it feel it's their destiny to spread that belief and make the world follow it.
Because, lets be honest, what of the Jesus!, as portrayed in the NT, do you see in the world, and Christianity as a guiding Institution among the Christianized nations of the West?
<quoted text>Good question. You'd have to ask yourself that.
I suggested you do that earlier, and it wasn't worth it to you to examine the origins of your beliefs and the effects they have created in the world. You may never get that answer, since it's something only you will accept in finding out for yourself.
Religion creates a strange dynamic, and those of religion tend to be able to only look at those not within their religion - as being like they are.
I am not theist, and credit nothing to your imagined deities, to be clear, no matter what the deity or deities it is you say you follow or do not follow.
As an atheist, that culture has been rejected for the past 25 years, and wasted the 25 before that thinking there was value in that culture you speak of, spawned by the religion you embrace.
When it gets right down to it, I don't take people too seriously, who, had they been taught differently from birth would be thanking The Cat In The Hat for the food they are about to eat.
Translation = I still have no idea what you are talking about so I'll repeat everything all the other dum a$$e$ have already typed and I'll assume some stuff about you because I have nothing intelligent or remotely original to say.

Well honey bunny, at least you've read The Cat In The Hat, great book.

{rolling my eyes profusely}

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#493647 Feb 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably...for sure if you read any of them more than once.
Now if you had said that you read the Bobbsey Twins...then you might be a bi-sexual!
Haha. No, only read each book once, and no Bobbsey Twins for me.

Earth

#493648 Feb 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the "little girl" term all about?
You have lied by misquoting me, therefore, you are a liar unworthy of a genuine response.

Besides, I was not talking to you.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#493649 Feb 24, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should anyone believe the vioces in your head over the voices in their own ?
All you have is a book, no different or any more "divine" than thousands of others.
lol

Sorry, no one KNOWS the voices in my head, to even get a chance to say if they believe them or not, That is just between Me and God.

The 'BIBLE is divine, to me, maybe not to you.

Earth

#493650 Feb 24, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh is it ever!
And sometimes it (thanks be to God) works just the opposite, The ones that cut God down the most and slander His name,:
after they DO receive Christ, are God's biggest supporters. We can only HOPE.
That is so true :-)

“Love much, trust none”

There

#493651 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I agree and an even better reason is that now that I'm a 'Humanist' extian I can be as rude and nasty to people as I want and not even care, so liberating.
Ain't life grand!
"I can be as rude and nasty to people as I want and not even care"

That has nothing to do with any religion or lack there of. Look around.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#493652 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a rude little bigot my dear girl, an uneducated one at that.
>
Sorry.

What's the "my dear girl" comment about?
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#493653 Feb 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think that is all a gay person thinks about is sex??? I have known a few heterosexual men that think about it quite often!
Actually...that is not all that they think about. There is work...homes to keep up...family...health...
I knew this one gay man...he practiced his music quite often...he played the organ at his church.
Another gay man...only knew of him...that worked in his off hours to put together the musicals for his church.
Many of them have children...they have homework...activities...report cards...and trying to keep a home over their heads and food on the table.
Oh yes...then there is education...car maintenance...bills to pay...pets to walk...etc etc.
On behalf of HL to whom your post was directed...she takes in stray animals and houses them until she can find them a home.
My point...their lives are no different than yours...just the sex of the person that they love...the rest of it...there is no difference.
:)

Kinda knew they were normal on all the other aspects of their life .

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#493654 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Translation = I still have no idea what you are talking about so I'll repeat everything all the other dum a$$e$ have already typed and I'll assume some stuff about you because I have nothing intelligent or remotely original to say.

Well honey bunny, at least you've read The Cat In The Hat, great book.
{rolling my eyes profusely}
Don't be angry.

Maybe you should pray.

That'll work.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#493655 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you know Professor?
Yes, what you described it never occured.

There is little evidence that child sacrifices (let alone the nonsense you presented) were common in the ancient world.

Most of the ancient documentation that exists is little more than hate-mongering propaganda, the OT for example.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#493656 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so true :-)
Amen

It does seem to work that way, as God does work in mysterious ways.
His ways are not our ways. I am so BLESSED to Know HIM.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#493657 Feb 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm always me.
What you just found is what happens when I stop being nice to you.
Would you like to pursue that?
You are pursuing your own course ~ the course I am taking is exactly the opposite direction to yours. Thank GOD.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 min Crack Kills 38,622
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min atemcowboy 538,978
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Tide with Beach 733,001
Last Word + 2 19 min Hannah V 511
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min atheism is destru... 226,344
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 23 min Hannah V 1,009
Relatives Of Burglers Become Outraged 25 min Doctor REALITY 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 257,997
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Figaro 105
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••