Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#493535 Feb 24, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, Senecus.
So you understand, the misunderstanding was on Hidingfromyou's part and not mine. I never said I believed that the ancient records mentioned any nuclear weapons, or a nuclear holocaust. I was only sharing how that the theorists that propose the possibilities make good arguments that I believe are worthy of consideration. They only propose that its possible and that if it were true, there'd be no evidence of it today, 10,000 later.
Ok, first, I thought I was dealing with Black Thunder.

Second, no, the people who present their ideas about the past are not presenting theories. They're not even presenting hypotheses. I believe I already explained what would be necessary for that.

Third, why would anyone take an uninformed contemporary idea about the past and compare it to real archaeology? That demonstrates an absolute lack of understanding about scientific standards. The people who claim "look at this writing that has been translated into modern English, doesn't it just sound like a nuclear war? Let's ignore all the other stuff in it and just concentrate on the imagery we want to be there" is not remotely comparable to the scientific rigor that goes into dig sites.

Archaeologists carefully map out their digs - in 3D. They map out depth, longitude and latitude. They take measurements of the soil as they go and carefully preserve artifacts from contemporary contamination. Every last detail is planned, prepared. That's nothing at all like the rubbish presented to me in this thread.

It's like you're claiming "I believe the universe was created by a unicorn because that's how I interpret this ancient writing" is comparable to Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.

Sorry. Not even close. There's a reason people like Black Thunder are ignored by anthropology departments - they have no meaningful claims or knowledge to add.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#493536 Feb 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Thinking about that scripture, why do you think it was written "Thou shalt not suffer?" Indeed, we can turn to our Bible for guidance, I do it all the time; but I have never had the urge to run off, find a witch and burn them to the stake.
In fact, perhaps, I have been called a witch and others may want to burn me. Cheers, for the advice, but nonetheless, you didn't teach me anything. Not surprising, really :)
You might want to if you saw a witch cut up a child and pull out the innards in order to put a curse on the mother, or for releasing demons upon people who are not liked by someone, for money and/or goods.

If you were a Roman or insane that is.

Even though I'm a Humanist just like Teddy now, cause she has inspired me, in my experience and studies, true followers of Jesus would not harm anyone, ones that do are pretending.

<3

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#493537 Feb 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
You have comprehension problems
ZOMFG!
Skombolis wrote:
I know you are right and it was a mistake to indulge it from the beginning.
[Light bulb flares and flickers over Dim's head, then quickly burns out, as Dim almost learns something]
Skombolis wrote:
If it was motivated by something genuine or civil it would be different but most of it is just hate of faith
The war with you was motivated by hate of slander. But you're not accountable for anything, are you? You had no part in that. You were just keeping it real.

And there's no reason to trouble your tiny head over it. You're not perfect, just (self-)forgiven.
Skombolis wrote:
I guess it is ok to bash the faith in public
Why wouldn't it be?
Skombolis wrote:
Do you want Christians nowhere near you talking about their faith or do you want to seek out Christians online and argue with them? It seems like you think tights apply only to you huh?
Neither. False dichotomy.

You still have no idea what we want. And you clearly never will. It isn't necessary that you do.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#493538 Feb 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It felt like sex to me. Was my camera off target?
HFY is cool but it's a Chinese/Japanese thing. I'm afraid she'll occupy me.
For as long as my imagination holds out.
mike

AOL

#493539 Feb 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you know I don't agree with God not being necessary but by in large I agree with most of what you said. I also put a lot more stock in real life interaction and the ability to shake a man's hand and size him up. People like to pretend on the Internet quite a bit. And obviously anybody can claim anything they want. There are some people I do trust. Epi is one of them. But for the most part I think it can be rather foolish and naive not to be at least somewhat realistic of the potential problems that can come from trying to make too much out of anonymous interaction
Have a good one mike
Thanks

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#493540 Feb 24, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes.His eternal powers and devine nature have been clearly seen being understood through what has been made so that they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20
For even though they knew God they did not honor Him as God or give thanks;but they became futile in their speculation and their foolish heart was darkened.
Romans 1:21
Professing to be wise they become fools.
Romans 1:22
11) I looked, and mine eye saw Jethro of Bodine. He was crouched and cowering, of great sorrow, and muttering; "why!, OH WHY?" Now, Granny, of stern measure and temper in a loud voice shouted "DAGNABBIT!" and sought to strike Jethro with a heavy iron skillet. 12)It was then Jed saw this, and spake these words; "Now boy, ya hadn'ta oughta gone and done that" - 3 Venetians 4:11-12 Parable of Lye Soap and The Cement Pond - NHE(New Hathaway Edition)

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#493541 Feb 24, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
because
he (always) paraphrases the post, and his reading comprehension is so shitty, that he never gets the gist correct. He then proceeds to dissemble his straw-man, this is a very effective distraction, Skum's contentions never get to see the light of day, because all time is take up with his lies about his opponents post.
he types fast, and lies faster
That accurately sums up the boring exchanges I've had with Skom.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#493542 Feb 24, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that mushrooms can grow in poop, right?
Don't make me tell you the Fun Guy jokes.
Of course darling, most fertilisers have poop in them. Poop is great for growing most plants, fruits and vegetables.

Who's Fun Guy? Go on, tell me some jokes, I love jokes :-)

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#493544 Feb 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you know Tide made that post, it brought to mind that scene, and I've gotten some good thought and mileage from that since.
That's right...
It's a super fun movie, and I recommend Bruce Campell's website. Or however you spell his name. He has some good thoughts on there - but, wow, is he ever wrong about blessed caffeine. That b*stard!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#493546 Feb 24, 2013
Being filled with; unrighteousness,wickedness,gre ed,evil:full of envy,murder,strife,deceit,mali ce they are gossips.
Romans 1:29

Slanders haters of God insolent,arrogant boastful,inventors of evil,disobedient to parents.
Romans 1:30

Without understanding,untrustworthy,un loving,unmerciful.
Romans 1:31

And although they know the ordinance of God that those who practice such things are worthy of death they not only do the same,but also give hearty aprroval to those to practice them.
Roman 1:32

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#493547 Feb 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
As you know, I am of this thought that you stated so well.
Thank you Scar - I've been enjoying your posts, too. Very reasonable in a way that I'm not capable of, and accurate :)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#493548 Feb 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
It was a waste of time arguing with you over synonyms
Yes, it was. Try to communicate with you using words is impossible.
Skombolis wrote:
It is also why you keep refusing to define "church" or to explain how the "church" is a parasite
Moron.

Just in case anybody else missed them, here they are

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
[Please note the part that follows, "I call that church a societal parasite because ..."]

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR... [Please note the phrase "That's the definition of a societal parasite"]

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
[Please note the parts between ""The church" is like a university - it is an abstraction" and "That is the church. I have posted this definition many times. "]

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#493549 Feb 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Think about this.
Okay now, careful.
This may blow your mind in its simplicity and effectiveness.
It wouldn't require you to paraphrase, rely on memory or your unsupported assertions, and I couldn't say a thing in response, because it would be so obvious that I did, in deed and in fact, lie.
Here it is.
Just imagine how obvious the lies that you allude to or imply I have told would be if you actually link to any lie I have told while posting here, or any other thread.
That'd show me, wouldn't it?
Yet.
You don't.
When Skom accuses people of lying, he's saying "you are so much better than me, it hurts! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Moooommiiiieeeeee!"

With slightly less "mommie" and more "wah."

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#493551 Feb 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I'm a professional anthropologist.
2. You're a crazed conspiracy theorist.
3. I have funding from academic institutions and support of a professional discipline.
4. You're an idiot.
.. are you suffering from a hangover today ??..

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#493553 Feb 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
He might have had he fingers crossed.
Dim thinks that the word of a man is an actual word that has to be stated explicitly. He didn't give you his word. He just said that he'd do something. You had no right to assume that he meant it without his word.
He learned his values in church. What do you think?
I think Skom is a dishonest, insecure and immature man. He's incapable of admitting error - and that bespeaks all kinds of problems - and instead goes on the attack. Not someone I'd want to play billiards with.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#493554 Feb 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. are you suffering from a hangover today ??..
No, still drinking :)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#493555 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Teddy, I'll tell you anyway, I'm a 'Humanist' now, just like you, I will defend the persecuted.
.. thanks Luci In the Sky With Diamonds ..

.. I appreciate your support ..

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#493556 Feb 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>you desperately with nervous fright hoping the God of Christianity is imagined.
how that working out for you so far? you here everyday writing fervently to prove your point not getting nowhere, so obviously that mindset not working out for you so well.
I understand people from other religion have spiritual experiences, those experiences just not in they best interest. the only spiritual experience in they best interest, is the spirit of YHWH God through Jesus Christ. Take off the blinders of secular humanism, and maybe you will understand that.
You're so scared that Vishnu is real. And you know that you're in trouble because Vishnu might be real. So you're here every day trying to pledge your support for Yahweh, get him to fight on your side.

But you already know that Yahweh is just one of Vishnu's messengers and you're in deep, deep trouble.

So I just come here to watch you squirm.

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#493557 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to if you saw a witch cut up a child and pull out the innards in order to put a curse on the mother, or for releasing demons upon people who are not liked by someone, for money and/or goods.
If you were a Roman or insane that is.
Even though I'm a Humanist just like Teddy now, cause she has inspired me, in my experience and studies, true followers of Jesus would not harm anyone, ones that do are pretending.
<3
I disagree with your last statement...I don't believe they are pretending.

What I do think is that are acting upon their faith based on their interpretation of what the Bible says. Are they right about that interpretation...not in my opinion.

Take this thread for example...

It has just come off a a bitter battle concerning OSAS. Someone has to be right...someone has to be wrong...possibly.

Was one side pretending...or were they just acting upon their interpretation?

Some feel as if they must speak up against homosexuality and use some rather unkind words while do so...others might consider it sin...yet feel no need to vilify...then there are those that fight for the rights of gays.

Are any of them pretending...not in my opinion...they are acting according to their interpretation of scripture.

Each person can find scripture to back up their interpretation...look how much was posted for the OSAS debate...each person felt as if their interpretation was the correct one. I don't think that any of them were pretending.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Mercury

#493558 Feb 24, 2013
huk wek fu fue wrote:
<quoted text>
Huk Wek Fu Fue
is not so sure if you tell the truth?
Who cares?

I don't. I pretty much ignore trolls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Stilgar Fifrawi 877,468
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 603,096
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 41,123
The Christian Atheist debate 6 min ffj 3,776
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 min RiccardoFire 7,893
my favorite Dan Patrick show guess Reggie Mille... 9 min Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min USaWORLDWARMONGERER 177,842
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 hr Kamal 7,610
More from around the web