|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I put that on a resume?
You can put anything on a resume. You just have to know how to cover it.

When I interviewed with Starbucks, the "manager" was like 2 years older than me and had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. It was fun.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I said it before and I'll say it again. I believe pride and arrogance has a lot to do with a person's hasty readiness to reject such theories while dismissing them as, as you said, "fantasies" and "stories of fancy." It's as if our modern minds refuse to fathom the mere possibility that any other peoples from another, earlier generation, might be more intelligent than we are. And I still believe the example I shared is a valid one. I mean, if we, today, waged a nuclear war on one another, would there exist evidence of our civilizations 10,000 years from now? And what would our future generations think of those that survived and, maybe, 1,000 years after the dust settled, began to (re)build civilization (again)? True or not, the notion interests me.
YA I agree.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to meet you.
I gave an answer to Sora about why I think Christian Humanism isn't as well known or as widely adopted as it should be.
I think the main reason is related to politics. Christian Conservatism is hugely influential in America and I don't think it's compatible with Christian Humanism. Fundamentalism is still pretty popular in a lot of places. Evangelistic mega churches are becoming more popular. These versions are highly aggressive and divisive.
Bonsoir mon ami, it is a well reasoned one. It is not as well adopted but this is changing. Divisiveness in humanity is nothing new but this too is changing I am optimistic. I am honored to meet you as well.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, we saw the same program I also had family who supported the Civil Rights Movement, many of the more conservative Creoles would not go anywhere near it, yet these were human beings who were and still are brutalized horribly still. Consider the Tuskegee Experiment for example.
It is an ongoing struggle.

No matter what anybody says.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
The dude is in love with himself hand has delusions of grander
He probably talks dirty to himself when nobody is around
It is amazing to me a doctor who didn't care about his patients and a bigot sees himself as some sort of moral champion
ok..gotta enough procrastinating
see ya:)
Goodnight Skombolis.
Im heading out too.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
missed your movie but was you the girl in the bra and panties who stumbled and fell.
What a terrible thing to say to an amputee.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I don't wear a bra.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
There are extreme political and religious reasons why neither Jew, Muslim or Jew wants it know that their entire relgions are all based upon bastardized and defrauded versions of the Sumerian/Canaanite civilization's religion and culture.
The Sumerian/Canaanite tablets prove that all Abrahamic religions are ultimately pagan in origan and have no more 'divine' authority than the Book of Mormon... and a lot less originality.
"You are all Elohim. You are all Sons of El." - YHWY
Yes. I know.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Because Perverse, is what you are. Accept it, actually you're a lot worse.
Catcher1 wrote:
This post by trifecta was directed to Happy Lesbo. Do I hear any reaction from any of the Christians on this thread? Any of you "regulars" care to respond? Or will you tacitly approve?
I can answer that.

The only objection will be to you:

Chris Clearwater wrote: "Your hateful words do not change a thing Catcher. Your hate to Christians mean nothing to those that are born again."

Dim wrote: "Some people think its ok to hate all Christians"

It's a beautiful little religion.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't really care what Jesus said. We care what Christians do. You can't absolve the church because its book says "Love one another" in it any more than we absolve a criminal enterprise because its mission statement says to exceed customer expectations.
Besides, your bible also says not to suffer witches.
<quoted text>
We've noticed. How many have done horrible things in the name of secular humanism?
<quoted text>
We're aware of the fruits of your church. And we know the real story of Christian love. Do you?
We don't really care what Jesus said
We care what Christians do
We've noticed
We're aware of the fruits of your church
we know the real story of Christian love

WOW dude

we-we-we-we-we

Translation:

Does anybody in here not know I talk for others yet. I am the leader of my little humanist group. They look up to me. I'm so important. I am double-mint gum certified

LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Have you ever hitched a ride on a riverboat queen?
Yes.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What a terrible thing to say to an amputee.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
I don't wear a bra.
No your the one who should be ashamed.
Mocking what you do not beleive or understand.
Shames you with no class.
Mocking the word of the Bible.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
I have never held back with Skom or anyone else
Then you approve of him, since I didn't see your rebuke of his behavior.
Illuminatrix wrote:
I would urge you not to reassess your opinion of the christian church, which is no longer mine...
Sorry, but I continually reassess all of my opinions. However, that doesn't mean that I change my conclusions. In fact, recent events have only served to reinforce them.
Illuminatrix wrote:
Moral courage??? I'd be interested in what, in your opinion, is considered moral courage???
Doing the right thing when it is difficult. Did we see even one criticism of Dim's outrageous behavior from the Christian community represented here? I didn't.

I'm not certain that the failure of the local Christian community was moral cowardice, which would imply that they recognized Dim's failure but were too cowardly to comment. It may be worse than that. These people may even approve of him. In fact, they may begin doing more of the same themselves soon. There is no way to tell. Their silence was deafening.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
I am also no longer a christian, as of a few days ago...
<3
Congratulations. I won't ask.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Sora wrote:
Bonsoir Monsieur, yes the teachings of Jesus are indeed Christian Humanism at work. Christian Humanism is passive Monsieur it is like gently flowing water, Christian Humanism is also open to coalitions. Conservatism in any form is harmful to society and leads to te oppression of ideas and people. We have seen it. My disagreements with Pascal are not just theological I may explain another time when my thoughts are gathered more on this, right now it is complicated. We like long posts do not worry and I am well aware your posts are not aimed at me although I have had a few that were and most of them from Conservative Christians yet we choose not to respond the way they do and strip ourselves of our dignity. Actually Jansenism is harmful in itself due to the dogmatic teachings its stringency did not allow Pascal to fully embrace his humanity. This is my biggest disagreement.
Are you familiar with Bruce Lee?

"Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing.'"

"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."

Ideologies must adapt to survive. If they are inflexible, they will eventually break. Christian Fundamentalism in America is currently straining to the breaking point. It won't survive the next 20 years. Christian Humanism will likely become more predominant in the next cultural shift, along with other progressive religions and Deism. I think it's likely that after Christianity loses majority status, those that are still religious will be far more comfortable, because the country will become more religiously neutral. It will be better for everybody if there isn't one powerful religion pushing it's weight around.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
No your the one who should be ashamed.
Mocking what you do not beleive or understand.
Shames you with no class.
Mocking the word of the Bible.
Damn, here we go again.

Show me a word that was written by a god and I'll leave you alone.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
You can put anything on a resume. You just have to know how to cover it.
When I interviewed with Starbucks, the "manager" was like 2 years older than me and had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. It was fun.
I've had to fire myself a few times, but I keep rehiring myself because I can't get anybody better.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you familiar with Bruce Lee?
"Running water never grows stale. So you just have to 'keep on flowing.'"
"Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend."
Ideologies must adapt to survive. If they are inflexible, they will eventually break. Christian Fundamentalism in America is currently straining to the breaking point. It won't survive the next 20 years. Christian Humanism will likely become more predominant in the next cultural shift, along with other progressive religions and Deism. I think it's likely that after Christianity loses majority status, those that are still religious will be far more comfortable, because the country will become more religiously neutral. It will be better for everybody if there isn't one powerful religion pushing it's weight around.
The absolute brilliance of the Christian philosophy is forgiveness.

You can be a total douchebag but...you're forgiven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, here we go again.
Show me a word that was written by a god and I'll leave you alone.
No here you go again not damn here we go again.
I not obligated to show you any thing
You will leave me alone when I no longer answer your post.
Scroll right on by ya like whiz on a weed along the highway.

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Seraphine wrote:
Bonsoir mon ami, it is a well reasoned one. It is not as well adopted but this is changing. Divisiveness in humanity is nothing new but this too is changing I am optimistic. I am honored to meet you as well.
The internet will help.

With a relatively free environment where an open exchange of ideas is possible, fair competition can take place. Better ideas will generally win out where there is equal access. I too am optimistic.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Just because gays dont have to apologize or even inform someone if they give someone aids thru buttplay unless someone can prove they did so intentionally isnt a negative implication about gays in general and their ethics. Sure I used a term like buttplay (kinda like asking the sky for forgiveness) and listed something only someone with terrible morality would do. But technically I did nothing but state the law and didnt make any negative implication about gays. Welcome to the world of IANS.
This is what makes you Dim. You just made my case. The fact that gays don't have to apologize for transmitting disease is not a reflection on gays. It reflects on the law, which is appropriate. The law may force people to make restitution, but apologizing is not normally legislated.

Even if every gay person that ever passed along a STD apologized, the law still does not require that they do so, and noting that is not a reflection on the people to whom the rule applies.

Dimster. What happened to your mind? Too much magical thinking and bible study?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 474,721 - 474,740 of599,026
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

384 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
38pc of Americans doubt Barack Obama was born i... 3 min caesar- 13
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Chess 532,264
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 4 min Life is Precious 221,372
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min It aint necessarily so 719,919
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Buck Crick 223,980
Any gay High school girls in Costa Mesa? 11 min Melanie Tribtastic 1
apni maa ko chodkar kesa laga (Sep '13) 28 min chut ka raza 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 44 min AussieBobby 256,341
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr RATTYslayer 114,939
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr UidiotRaceMakeWorldPeace1 172,192
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••