Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#493479 Feb 24, 2013
CONT...

<quoted text>

Article 24.

Everyone has the right to rest and leisure, including reasonable limitation of working hours and periodic holidays with pay.

Article 25.

(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
(2) Motherhood and childhood are entitled to special care and assistance. All children, whether born in or out of wedlock, shall enjoy the same social protection.

Article 26.

(1) Everyone has the right to education. Education shall be free, at least in the elementary and fundamental stages. Elementary education shall be compulsory. Technical and professional education shall be made generally available and higher education shall be equally accessible to all on the basis of merit.
(2) Education shall be directed to the full development of the human personality and to the strengthening of respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms. It shall promote understanding, tolerance and friendship among all nations, racial or religious groups, and shall further the activities of the United Nations for the maintenance of peace.
(3) Parents have a prior right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to their children.

Article 27.

(1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
(2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.

Article 28.

Everyone is entitled to a social and international order in which the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration can be fully realised.

Article 29.

(1) Everyone has duties to the community in which alone the free and full development of his personality is possible.
(2) In the exercise of his rights and freedoms, everyone shall be subject only to such limitations as are determined by law solely for the purpose of securing due recognition and respect for the rights and freedoms of others and of meeting the just requirements of morality, public order and the general welfare in a democratic society.
(3) These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

Article 30.

Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.
<quoted text>

www.un.org

There are many many many good people and groups in this world, of every race, creed, religion, preference, groups etc... That are doing and will continue to do, everything they can to put a stop to anything that conflicts with these rights.

Constantly ranting on topix for 'entertainment', about things you do not know, will get you nowhere and just perpetuates the problem.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#493480 Feb 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I wasn't basing my opinion your are bigoted on that post. I think that post was a bi-product of your bigotry and an example of your pride and ignorance to assume meaningful conversations can't be had with people who believe in Christ
I base my opinion that you are bigoted based on comments as yours such as
"But you know what, I'd like it if you kept your religion to your houses, too. Keep it out of schools and out of government, please. You can write about it in obscure internet forums, like this one, if if pleases you.
But I don't want singalongs near my tennis courts or people lying to me about "taking a census," stopping me when I'm peacefully walking so they can talk about their stupid deity. Yes, keep your religion to yourself"
You are as bigoted as they come
Yes. But, Dad, can I borrow the car tonight? Please?

Some stable somewhere

#493481 Feb 24, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never made a case for any lie from me. All you need to do is post two contradictory statements with links, and explain why it must be a lie.
Contrast that with me calling you a moron.
I made the case, chronicling the evolution of our conversation on another thread last November. There can be no doubt after reading that that you are not smart enough to discern the difference between the words "proof" and "evidence". In fact, you weren't bright enough to realize that you should make the substitution even if you couldn't see why it mattered. Nor were you bright enough to even sense that you were at fault, nor to avoid casting aspersions and character slurs, nor even to see what you had done after it was all meticulously laid out for you.
Incidentally, my words are not slander. They're correct, and have been demonstrated to be so. You weren't bright enough to avoid any of that, which is characteristic of a moron.
By contrast, until you make the case that I lied - and you never will - your words are slander. If you could, you would have. If you already had, you could link us to it.
I think it's time to face the truth, IANS. Skombolis is impotent with regards to logic. He's incapable of backing up his claims - marking him as dishonest. He neither keeps his word, nor is capable of presenting evidence for his claims.

He's a lobster.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#493482 Feb 24, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>that why even though arguing discussing and defending Christ and Christianity to these freethinkers/unbelievers strengthen the Jesus follower in my view..
But---Christians should not forget, you best believe I not forget, that the main person I should be concerned with saving and staying saved is me first. Because really in the end all you can do share and pray for someone else to get saved. God greatly helps me, but I not no robot. I and I alone is responsible for my journey with Jesus Christ. That journey is so personal, that my journey alone take up mostly all of my time.
Because you know no one won't have any excuse. Is either a person soul face God forgiven and washed in the blood of Jesus Christ, or they face God naked in they sins, unforgiven by God, with the wrath of God on they head for rejecting Jesus. So really other than pray and share with the unbeliever, I no let them waste too much of my time.
Lol.. Free thinkers who want everyone to think like they do and unbelievers who can talk about nothing else.

Bollocks.

Also, hi, good post as always :D

Some stable somewhere

#493483 Feb 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right.
Shop smart.
Shop †he Jesus! Mar†
We've got every style make and model of the Jesus!*IMAGINABLE*
Don't see one you like?
Make your own!-or- WE'LL MAKE ONE FOR YOU!
!PLENTY OF PARKING!- New Deities Added Daily!- Just Ask!
Located at the Heaven-Eleven! Super Mall - Next to Ahura Mazda&Infinity Car Sales(LLC)
!PLENTY OF PARKING!
Wal-Allah©
!PLENTY OF PARKING!
Wholysale Moses Di$¢ount Depot - Where everything is ½ OFF!
Babu's Hindu To YOU! Emporium
!PLENTY OF PARKING!
ELVIRA'S .·:*¨`*HEX*¨`*:·. SHACK®
!PLENTY OF PARKING!
/Î\Thê/Î\Pâgåñ/Î\Pàvilliðñ/Î\
Don't miss the GRAND O P E N I N G of the ¤DALI¤LAMA¤RAMA¤!
!PLENTY OF PARKING!
For all things Theist and ~S~U~P~E~R~N~A~T~U~R~A~L~!
!PLENTY OF PARKING!
We aim to be your One—Stop—Shopping—Spot!
You got that?
VoicesInYourHead™ Productions & Meme™ International."Just Imagine!"
Subsidiaries of: The All Seeing«<o>»Eye, Inc.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#493484 Feb 24, 2013
Somebody was just asking me about what moral courage and cowardice were. You summed it up nicely. The deafening silence of the Christians on this thread regarding Dim's continual errors and slanders based on them is either because of approval of that behavior or the cowardice to object.
Thanks, and you know the atheists here keep getting called a "group", and while we're friends and such, if this "group" we're claimed to be in were like this "group" Christians certainly say they are.

I'd get the hell out of it. hahaaa. Seriously.

This thread would have been better titled: Why WOULD Jesus Love ME?

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#493485 Feb 24, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Or at all. You have never defined it since ideology has to come from a person unless its an official teaching or policy (which there are not any that support the accusations you have made) nor have you explained how the 'church' is a parasite
That's ok Dr Doolittle, the definitions of a bigot aren't required. It is obvious you use "Christan" and "church" interchangeably to try to hide your bigotry
I know most in here see you for what you are.
She can't define it, none of them can, they are just wanting their own way and don't have a clue about most of they're saying. I reckon they're a bunch of teenagers making it up (and googling a lot) as they go along because they live in a crappy society and can't do anything about it except rant at people on the internet. Either that or they're completely senile, taking psychotropic drugs or/and been trolling professionally for far too long.

I have huge issues with the RCC (roman empire) but I think you and many other Catholics are absolutely beautiful and have done great and beautiful things, I have never attacked anyone just based on what they may or may not believe or choose to do with their lives. That goes for every group of people. Humanists my butt!

Blessings to you dear Bro <3

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#493486 Feb 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
Tarot cards were 'invented' in the 1500's..... but pop them in the Bible, might make you feel better :)
Hahaha

No, the Bible defines witchcraft in a way that could include the reading of Tarot cards.

Anything "magical" or "supernatural" that you could dabble in that isn't attributed to God could be considered witchcraft.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#493487 Feb 24, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/top stories/T0N0LORUMAROFEJGO/post 492415
<quoted text>
We can always turn to our bibles for guidance:
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." - Exodus 22:18
What happened to "Ethics and Manners"?

You missy, are no Humanist.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#493488 Feb 24, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>"IANS wrote to Dim:" and your own words to another person show us your weaknesses and failures.
You are indeed a dim light, your glow has diminished and taken you to the level of a child still at school.
However, I guess you are proud of your name for Skom, perhaps you might make a badge "I call people rude names" and wear it proudly on your sleeve as you meander your way through life, telling others their ways are less than yours.
What should I say to you? You, who are calling men names, cannot see your own failures? Ah, that in itself is a weakness you should overcome.
.. morning, love ..

.. Dim? Ya, that's insulting, no doubt about it. How about lying, bigoted hypocrite or perverted abomination? Which of the labels do you find more offensive ??..

.. IAN has repeatedly made one allegation - believers do not intercede when the name calling starts, but, when fire is returned, there's an uproar. Why is that?..

.. in the past, I've done battle with Pomona Atheist and Karl for their cruel words. On this thread, I've already posted my standard, "Was that really necessary?" after an inappropriate post by an atheist ..

.. do you think IAN has a valid point? Why didn't any believer challenge Skom yesterday when he called Catcher a lying, bigoted hypocrite? Do you think that's true ??..

.. or, when believers insist I'm perverted scum ??..

.. how about Trifecta's claim there are no gay Christians? Do you think that's accurate ??..

.. the silence of believers is quite deafening ..

.. your thoughts ??..
Doctor REALITY

United States

#493489 Feb 24, 2013
I'm being SPIED on.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#493490 Feb 24, 2013
It doesn't matter,though. I'm here for the Lord,not to pay attention to attention'craving people.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#493491 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
I find myself wondering how many of the geniuses, Lawyers, Professors, Doctors, Scientists, Humanists and Anthropologists here know anything at all about Ancient History, in the World, before Judeo-Christianity.
What was life like then? Did women have any rights? Was it so peaceful? Let's compare thousands upon thousands of years of that to the past 2000 years, shall we?
I would suggest that you look at world history, and the regions from which the major world religions emerged from, and then compare that to say, North America, or Australia.

What did Christianity bring to the Australian Aboriginals, or North American Aboriginals? Add the South American Aboriginals. What did they do?

Some stable somewhere

#493492 Feb 24, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Many if not every christian here has said hate the sin not the sinner. Yet they are all being hammered for it..........Isnt it the same thing..........
It's not the same.

The Christian claim "hate the sinner and not the sin" is not only manipulative but decidedly targeted to attack the scapegoat deemed as immoral in Christianity. Let's take homosexuality as an example.

1. There's nothing, nothing at all, immoral, indecent or wrong about falling in love,and having sex, with a member of the same sex. Try as you might, you will never be able to present an even slightly decent argument purporting that homosexuality is immoral - the best the religious have are ridiculous, ignorant claims to nature, which they utterly fail to understand, and baseless claims to a fictitious mythology.

2. Homosexuality, in the Christian sense, serves to define Christians against the "wrong" other. Christians are straight because they are not gay. Christians are moral because they are not gay - "I might cheat on my wife, but wow, at least I'm not gay." Homosexuality is, in Christian terms, a straw man scapegoat they beat and beat to know and define themselves. Like the coke addict who says "at least I don't do heroine."

3. The sin of the sinner has no organized institution and power brokers, telling them what to think. Christianity does. It has Creationist institutes doing everything to prevent American children - children - from understanding biological science. It has the full power of the oldest surviving and wealthiest Christian institution - the Catholic Church - protecting and hiding pedophiles. It's power has invaded the American political process. Derailed it such that live broadcast religious ceremonies must be held by the president, that every candidate must proclaim their Christianity and discuss how it influences their policies.

4. Sin itself is a social construct, non-existent in other cultures.. When people say the above, hate the sin and not the sinner, they are implying multiple, overlapping manipulations. First that something you did is horribly wrong, so wrong we must hate and remove it. By default, this lays blame. You need help, and, as you know, God is watching your every move; you won't escape justice. Better to come clean and just put yourself in our power through your confession.

Second, behavior is inseparable from actors. The very concept of sin creates in people an agency limiting power. You now second guess your desires, natural as they are. You are now capable of committing horrible atrocities against the almighty deity who is every watching and, wow, you're going to pound nail after nail into Jesus with every sin you need to undertake. You horrible, horrible person. No more are your actions your own, no more your thoughts private. They are owned by the social group of Christians and the almighty stalker they worship.

No.

Neither IANS nor I are blaming the sin and not the sinner. We are railing against the corrupt nature of unlimited, unchecked power that believers give to the organizing institutions of religion. That organizers take out of believers.

Churches do not act as if in touch with, or even taking the lead of, an almighty, perfectly moral being. They act, in every respect, human. And they don't have watchdogs - religion is held sacrosanct in Western culture. It's above reproach; you cannot critique religion, lest you be socially awkward.

It's wrong. The power of organized religion needs to be reigned in. It needs to be tempered by the spiritual benefits it shares with humanity. There are good, moral Christians - some of them are leaders. Churches need to be made, through social reform, more like these people. They need, as does government, checks and balances. Reform.

We are not going to accept the rape of children. The harassment of women. The denigration of science to produce ignorant followers. We expect maturity. Time to grow up.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#493493 Feb 24, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Mon ami, thank you it seems many do but the words we speak are not new but they must be given to a new generation of people to foster love, peace, compassion, tolerance and respect for human beings everywhere gays and lesbians included. The love of God exists in the heart, mind and soul of every person we have been given what Sora refers to as a "Divine spark". Some recognize it and use it more than others like hopefully we do.
Hello Seraphine.
It is a truth that the words we speak are not new, and all through time, that which is Divine – has been a part of mankind... passing on God's Wisdom to the new generations. We live in a time with more urgency to share this. That... is the easy part.

We can foster love, peace, compassion, tolerance and respect for human beings everywhere... but when it comes to rescue work, none are asked what their belief system is. It would be like taking the hand of a drowning child and letting them go...' just because'! Or hearing another under the rubble of an earthquake... and turning a deaf ear.

At such a time of so many world wide disasters along with those man made... it would be a vacation for a peace warrior to comfortably settle down and live in such harmony. But the work goes on... where the children's cries are the loudest... and we can only pray that once rescued, they too will know True Peace. The Peace that passes all understanding...

Justice

This also is our Cause!
God Bless you both in your work. You wrote you had just begun...
Greetings to you both!

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#493494 Feb 24, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. no matter what I do or say, it will not be good enough for you ..
.. find yourself a puppet ..
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever happened to compassion?
.. it escaped last night after someone called my friend a lying, bigoted hypocrite ..

.. can I blame in on the booze ??..

.. progress, not perfection ..

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#493495 Feb 24, 2013
3am Tues... goodnight and good morning to all.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#493496 Feb 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =pFriRcIwqNUXX
Yeah, you know Tide made that post, it brought to mind that scene, and I've gotten some good thought and mileage from that since.

That's right...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#493497 Feb 24, 2013
Oooops... I mean MONday!

“The eye has it...”

Russell's teapot

#493498 Feb 24, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Article 1(...) 30
Take a look at each of those, be objective, and decide for yourself just how many are really supported by Christianity, now, and in the past.

I don't mean Western Civilization.

I'm talking about biblical Christianity and the doctrine contained therein.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min mpetershat 653,702
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Buck Crick 63,451
What is your most embarrassing photo? 4 min Thelordofdogtown 1
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 6 min Gerg 58
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Brian_G 445,965
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 2 hr thetruth 9,362
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Steve III 45,229
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr DebraE 106,479
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 hr karl44 973,685
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 12 hr Pegasus 281,841
More from around the web