|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>You guys love your diversionarty tactics dont you? Nothing ad hominem about it if the term applies. It is hypocritcal to claim Christains wont consider science then imply they are liars when they do.
Supply where I made that statement or implication, linked to the post.

Don't just say I did. Pony up and supply the evidence.
Skombolis wrote:
And it is poor ethics to edit a quote and post it and source it as the original.
The entire quote added nothing to dispute what was stated, and in its entirety, was redundant.

That had nothing to do with ethics, it had everything to do with supplying pertinent and relevant information, specific and to the point.
Skombolis wrote:
And it should be your parents job to teach you such basics. But as far as teach you or go? LOL..sorry Topix master but I dont need your permission to stay
Good, stay.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
You're giving a lecture on proper quoting?
Hahahahahahahahahaha!
Moron.
For starters you have paraphrasing and quoting confused. Secondly she did it on purpose.Even disregarding your either blatant dishonestly or total denial when claiming things like saying things like Christians dont need to apologize or make amends to those they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness isnt a negative implication that at least can be somewhat subjective in part to your hero worship of Ians. There is no way to excuse intentionally ommiting part of a quote and sourcing it in quotes as ethical. You "humanists" and your ethics shoor is funny:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Supply where I made that statement or implication, linked to the post.
Don't just say I did. Pony up and supply the evidence.
<quoted text> The entire quote added nothing to dispute what was stated, and in its entirety, was redundant.
That had nothing to do with ethics, it had everything to do with supplying pertinent and relevant information, specific and to the point.
<quoted text>
Good, stay.
It completely changed the meaning as it shows he was making a universal statement but uses that term in situations he takes biblical proof over other things. If he did that in general there would be no need to qualify when he does it apart from other definitions.Explaining to you guys why someone paraphrasing a person on what they remember them saying and intentionally misquoting and sourcing someone or why it is unethical to ommit part of a quote has been very enlightening. it really is quite something

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>...
Read my post again. I never said you didn't defend people you don't like. I challenge you to show me where I did in my post....

The Clueless Professor wrote:
"he never had my back about anything" - Red Apples

WOW, you must be incredibly brain damaged.

Red Apples wrote:
Wow, you really do have some major reading comprehension issues don't you?

I said quote "he never had my back about anything". I was talking about me (hence the "my back" in my quote) not other people. Because clearly I never said anything about nor mentioned "other people".
_______

I'm beginning to wonder if you've sustained a serious head injury sometime in the past. Because you can't even understand the most rudimentary statement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

I generally am seen as a very tolerent person of people who believe or live differently and for good reason. And while I know enough not to stereotype in general the sub-sample of atheists in here and there integrity and ethics has been appalling.I understand why they travel in a pack, if only to reinforce the delusion they are better than anyone. Just basic honesty and ethics is constantly lacking. I am going to do my best to leave them to their own devices. There is little of value to pursue
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Cummington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
MRS. CLARE SHERIDAN, Traveler, Lecturer in NEW YORK WORLD, December 15, 1923
"The Communists are Jews, and Russia is being entirely administered by them. They are in every government office, bureau and newspaper. They are driving out the Russians and are responsible for the anti-Semitic feeling which is increasing."

True or false?

CARDINAL MINDSZENTY, of Hungary quoted in B'nai B'rith Messenger, January 28, 1949
"The troblemakers in Hungary are the Jews... they demoralize our country and they are the leaders of the revolutionary gang that is torturing Hungary."

Gotta be false

True or false?

HILAIRE BELLOC, renown historian in G. K.'s WEEKLY, February 4, 1937
"The propaganda of Communism throughout the world, in organization and direction is in the hands of Jewish agents. As for anyone who does not know that the Bolshevist movement in Russia is Jewish, I can only say that he must be a man who is taken in by the suppression of our deplorable press."

False

True or false?

A. HOMER, writes in Judaism and Bolshevism, page 7
"History shows that the Jew has always been, by nature, a revolutionary and that, since the dispersion of his race in the second century, he has either initiated or assisted revolutionary movements in religion, politics and finance, which weakened the power of the States wherein he dwelt. On the other hand, a few far-seeing members of that race have always been at hand to reap financial and political advantage coincident with such upheavals."

Ask again later

True or false?

COUNT HELMUTH VON MOLTKE, Prussian general
"The Jews form a state, and, obeying their own laws, they evade those of their host country.
The Jews always consider an oath regarding a Christian not binding. During the Campaign of 1812 the Jews were spies, they were paid by both sides, they betrayed both sides."

True or false?

HARRINGTON, LORD. 19th century British statesman. Opposed admission of Jewish immigrants to England because:
"They are the great moneylenders and loan contractors of the world... The consequence is that the nations of the world are groaning under heavy systems of taxation and national debt. They have ever been the greatest enemies of freedom.(Speech in the House of Lords, July 12, 1858)

Impossible

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, you as well
Here is a link to get you started... Gotta run... Be back in about 4 hours... Love to you, SL
http://endtimebibleprophecy.wordpress.com/201...
http://heavenawaits.wordpress.com/signs-of-th...
Thanx for that!
And seeing all I found was something re a 'prophesy of Abraham' Book...+ I'm NOT a reader!... I would have to say 99% of my own experiences have taught me more than any 'end time' prophesies by the masses who to date have proven wrong.

I'll give you an example...
There have been more 'blood moons'- Luna eclipses - since the words in the Bible were written than man has kept record.

More 'end time' dates, that very few now even believe in such a thing... unless as each one is predicted, more money is spent on the 'shelters' to escape it... and even they have been disillusioned... except the wolves collecting their purchases, and those feeding off their fear!

In here... it was as much the take-over topic as many others have become. At the time I was in mexico - with the Aztecs - and even they said their calender was meant to be a guideline to a New era...
No, I did not go for that reason. It just coincided.

But of ALL the 'prophesies'- for me anyway - the most predictable is that of Jesus.

One 'blood moon' caught my attention before I ever knew in this world what it was! Not long after was when 'man' stepped on the moon... A time came when I was writing and remembered this... and I immediately thought of what the Bible said.

'when the moon becomes blood'
one version
Rev 6 12
"...and the moon became as blood;..."

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
How is it that 'man' is made of blood as well, and we have record of his landing on the moon?
Could it be a 'time' to consider...?
One thing is for sure SL, Jesus did say that no-one knew 'that day' so a 'time' it could very well be 'at hand'... but not our/mankind's predictable dates as they are dished out! I believe we will see, Ja?

This may not be the answer you were hoping for...
His Love and Peace to you my friend

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I was close by at the time, and amazed at how BIG he really looked within this capsule. Being 'rainbow' and of such pure Light, they would have to have been... Ja?
Heh heh...interesting!
What year? Only if ya want ta say...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol No I don't yell, it doesn't work...Lol People will just tune you out...
I was taught, if you want to get someone's attention,{{{listen}}} more than you speak. If you do that, when you talk (w*h*i*s*p*e*r) then people will want to really hear what you have to say... It has worked for me...
HEH heh heh...kindred spirits...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm attempting to make some Spanish rice. Lol.. Want to fly over and have a little dinner?
Sounds good!
I am "grounded". LOL!

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Heh heh...interesting!
What year? Only if ya want ta say...
This one???
>>>BigSmile<< <
I LIVE with him... my husband!

The others... They're in my book!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>There is no such thing as "gay christians".
.. some of my friends are lying to me ??..

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
"good morning,"
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell is that suppose to mean?
.. hey! You do a great SKOM impersonation ..

.. had me fooled ..

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone deserves some R & R >>>LAWEST<<< after hard work! How do you like best to relax?

I don't have to tell you how much I love music. I just have a problem with it these days... I believe I 'turned the other cheek' too often in Africa, and the result is permanent damage with no cure. I probly should regret doing so for the beatings my head has taken both physically and mentally... but there's something about Truth when God rules the airwaves!

Love always my Friend in His Peace and Love and trust you have a good and rested week-end coming up. I must have lost track of time 'last night/morning' with 'TUES', because I woke up and it was FRIDAY! Now THAT is worth a >>>smile<<<
It's 12 noon now...
It's Sun. 12-30 noon now.

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a pathological liar.
That's not really true.:-)
.. you mean you don't want to have sex with me ??..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. some of my friends are lying to me ??..
Beyond any shadow of a doubt if they told you any such thing.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Sun. 12-30 noon now.
Good morning to you ((((( IRRIRA ))))), still night here but how are you?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
'me either'
Thanx for the kind offer but my energy is hyper enough... reckon our know also, Ja?
Ya. could be...could be.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
For starters you have paraphrasing and quoting confused.
I don't have them confused.

I'm literate.
Skombolis wrote:
Secondly she did it on purpose.
Did what on purpose? Besides the odd typo, everything I post is on purpose.

I'll assume you're talking about her not posting the entire book where she pulled the quote from. How much would have been enough to satisfy you?
Skombolis wrote:
Even disregarding your either blatant dishonestly or total denial when claiming things like saying things like Christians dont need to apologize or make amends to those they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness isnt a negative implication
Try to make better sentences.

I tried explaining this before, but implications are made with intent. You don't decide what other people imply. They do. You interpret, or perceive.("They do." is an example of utilizing implication)

IANS statement was explicit, not implicit.
Skombolis wrote:
that at least can be somewhat subjective in part to your hero worship of Ians.
I don't worship. I find the concept infantilizing.
Skombolis wrote:
There is no way to excuse intentionally ommiting part of a quote and sourcing it in quotes as ethical. You "humanists" and your ethics shoor is funny:)
This is what I think is so ironic.

How many times have you screwed up trying to represent another person's words?

If you could just stick to direct quotes, and ask questions when you need clarification, you could avoid many of your communication errors.

I doubt you'll do that though.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Sora wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir Madame Le_Le, Seraphine has told me quite a bit about you all woderful things of course permit me to introduce myself I am Sora, the soulmate and husband of Seraphine I am honored to make your acqaintance. Do you agree with my post to Tide with Beach? I believe that we are of the same mind when it comes to issues such as these as you may or may not know Seraphine and I are liberals and this liberalism envelops every facet of our life. Christianity included but again according to the more conservative amongst us it seems since we are Catholic we shall burn in Hell forever. May I say to the naysayers that this is a form of judgement? Only God decides who goes with Him and who does not, not us. We are not God and yet cultism is started by human beings thinking they are hence the issues, do you agree with this statement? We have seen this in many countries that we have traveled to. Again Madame I am honored and may you be blessed for your courage and clinging to your morals.
Thank you for the kind words Sora.
I do enjoy reading your's and Seraphine's posts..You bring much kindness and wisdom..

Not sure if you say anything of good value to the "nay sayers"
they will listen anyways..

Think we have reached a place where many believers want to control God and other's destiny concerning God.
They put Him in a box tie it up securely and write on the cover-
"mine, all mine"..

They worry about their own Salvation and storing up treasures for
themselves in Heaven.
I do not believe this is what Christ intended for His people..

I hope you and Seraphine do not get too discouraged here..It
is nice to be agreed with at times..
:)
Up hill battle for sure- but well worth it..

Thank you again..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 474,621 - 474,640 of596,453
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

673 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 4 min waaasssuuup 440,798
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 min RADEKT 250,303
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 min -USA-1 37,838
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Double Fine 679,542
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min marge 511,813
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min GO Le Gay SlumDOG GO 109,491
the gay propaganda 15 min Adam 2
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Aquarius-WY 216,456
teen snapchat nudes 1 hr Natej696 107
•••
•••
•••