Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#493275 Feb 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, many will have excuses of all type's in that day.
that why even though arguing discussing and defending Christ and Christianity to these freethinkers/unbelievers strengthen the Jesus follower in my view..

But---Christians should not forget, you best believe I not forget, that the main person I should be concerned with saving and staying saved is me first. Because really in the end all you can do share and pray for someone else to get saved. God greatly helps me, but I not no robot. I and I alone is responsible for my journey with Jesus Christ. That journey is so personal, that my journey alone take up mostly all of my time.

Because you know no one won't have any excuse. Is either a person soul face God forgiven and washed in the blood of Jesus Christ, or they face God naked in they sins, unforgiven by God, with the wrath of God on they head for rejecting Jesus. So really other than pray and share with the unbeliever, I no let them waste too much of my time.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#493276 Feb 23, 2013
Sora wrote:
Bonsoir Monsieur, you are correct however my soulmate and I are Christian Humanists and proud of it very much so. As society changes and becomes more socially and spiritually enlightened then and only then may morals change in regards to the teachings of Jesus, I agree completely. Knowledge is power Monsieur and do keep in mind that people died to pass this knowledge down to us. I study Humanism in all of its forms and facets and I see no contrast between being both Christian and Humanist. Jesus was a Humanist if we think of it.
The majority of what is attributed to Jesus does align more with humanism than the ideology presented in the Old Testament.
Sora wrote:
You mentioned few Christians identify as being Christian Humanists, why do you believe this to be so?
Great question.

I have some possible answers. Christian Humanism is not very aggressive, which I think is a good thing, but that also means it takes a long time to influence society. It's also not a good fit with Christian Conservatism. That's probably the main reason. It's possible, but not likely, that some simply don't want to have anything to do with Secular Humanism.
Sora wrote:
I am interested to know what you think and then I shall answer the question as well and then my soulmate shall tell you what she thinks. Now then in regards to Blaise Pascal this is an introduction: http://www.egs.edu/library/blaise-pascal/biog... I am not a supporter of Jansenism Monsieur its tenants are anathema to mine. I look foward to hearing from you again.
My disagreement with Pascal starts here:

"Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists.”

I believe that faith has a cost, and in a social context, not just to the faithful. That's not always true, but most of the time it is. Sometimes it costs lives, sometimes it just prevents intellectual exploration.

I think that most of the benefits of religion can be attained without adopting faith. Those benefits that cannot be afforded by skepticism could be considered equal to comforting lies, or empty promises. If something can't be demonstrated to be true, how can we tell the difference between that, and something that is not true? Adopting faith in something is a choice with no wrong answer. It works just as well for Hinduism as it does for Christianity, or any other religion.

Religious faith is really just a suppression of doubt. When you feel doubt, or are skeptical about your beliefs, you increase your faith (suppress doubt). It's not a way of knowing something, it's a way of protecting beliefs. To have a lot of faith is to suppress a lot of doubt. We have doubt for a reason. It's there to protect us from making mistakes. Religion is one of those few areas where it's possible to let yourself believe in something, against your better judgement, because the benefits might be worth it. Technically, and I don't say this to me mean or offensive, but religious belief is a type of delusion. It's completely subjective. That's why faith is necessary. It's there to keep people from that nasty doubt that tells us we don't have enough evidence to warrant belief.

I don't really have a problem with people using faith to support their beliefs in spiritual things. The trouble comes when they use their faith to project their own highly subjective "truth" onto the rest of the world. Since faith can prevent a person from acknowledging that they might be wrong, people can act on information that is extremely unlikely to be true.

What I would ask of those with faith, is for them to act as though their beliefs might not be true, when they make decisions that might affect someone else.

Sorry for the long post. This is not necessarily "aimed" at you, just my thoughts in a general sense.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#493277 Feb 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. are you claiming our webcam session was sex ??..
.. damn, I'd had sex with just about everyone here then ..
.. the sex was great with HFY. Have you experienced her yet ??..
.. I'm fibbing. No, I'm not. Or, am I ??..
It felt like sex to me. Was my camera off target?

HFY is cool but it's a Chinese/Japanese thing. I'm afraid she'll occupy me.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#493278 Feb 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not what the world has been taught... It is not a who...
.. I'm lost. What ??..

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#493279 Feb 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
Failed flesh? We outlive our vessels but that does not mean our vessel has failed!
Not to me it doesn't, but I don't believe in sin or the fall of man. I'm not a Christian. I believe that man is not a complete failure and utter failure born fit for eternal punishment for the crime of being human. That's a Christian position, as you can see here:

[1] Brother Lee Love wrote, "It seems, to me, that as this world hurls into chaos and destruction, that everyone seems to be waiting for someone, or something, to remedy the world's problems."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...

[2] Counter_Strike wrote: "We are flawed emotional beings prone to err, lust and greed."

[3] lil whiskas wrote :
"I fully realize mankind is a total failure"

[4] IANS wrote to Dim: "can you rebut the claim that Christianity teaches a very negative attitude about mankind and the world, as well as teaching dependency on the god to be rescued from all of that? You don't seem to have even tried." followed by Dim not even trying.

Christianity teaches that human flesh is failure.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#493280 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I am not paranoid at all
You claim you took what is tantamount to a partial quote out of a published book that did not indicate it was a partial quote
The size of the quote is determined at the time of copying and pasting it out of the larger source.

Any quote out of a book, that isn't the whole book, would be partial, in regards to the book.
Skombolis wrote:
That is a very unusual thing to see
Unless surrounding context changes the meaning of the selected quote, there's nothing wrong in only sharing a part of some whole. That might be one sentence out of a paragraph, or one paragraph out of a page, or one page out of a book.
Skombolis wrote:
So I wished to check it out myself. What is your paranoia that you need an email address and need to scan the page?
Just simply post the page number. I can check for myself
What possible reason could you have for not giving the page number?
The only one I can think of is if your claim is untrue it could be considered libelous and you are worried about that. If you are telling the truth there is literally no reason you can't share the page number of the book you already sourced from the quote you say you took directly out of it. Why should the page number be a secret?
LOL

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#493281 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually was saving you a lot of time
Instead of having to scan a page into a computer and email it all you would need to do is write the page number. In fact you could have already posted it 100 times over by now.
Am I really being unnecessarily demanding or are my expectations too high because I am asking for a simple page number instead of you scanning and emailing a document?
I am glad people can see this. Just with all the other tactics and accusations of paranoia and claims you are joking or whatever dishonest tactic you and yours wants to use. At the root of it all is as basic as it gets. Just dishonest people furthering their dishonesty
You wanna know the real sad part HL? Is you actually could be the one who sets the example. You could be a leader instead of a follower and just one more person with such a weak self-concept that they default reaction is to lie because their pride doesn't allow them to be truthful. I have seen you do it but this group contagion brings out the worst in you. Some people live at rock bottom so lying is no big thing for them. It is disturbing to see you become someone who is so comfortable with it.
You didn't read the book and probably just made a careless quote. It wasn't a big deal until you had to keep digging this ridiculous hole
It is what it is I guess
.. you want me to defend the quote. I won't ..

.. you expect people to automatically defend themselves because that's what you've done all your life ..

.. you won't comprehend this post, only attack again. That's what you do. You hurt people ..

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#493282 Feb 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. would you welcome gay Christians ??..
Sora and I definetly would.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#493283 Feb 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity teaches that human flesh is failure.
That true. You are the living proof.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#493284 Feb 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. Satan works very hard with our children to 'change the world,'change the norm 'make it look and appear OK , and 'what is so wrong in this or that!' satan and his followers know children are vulnerable and will believe anything, so this is what he in dwell on to get his way! Our children-their children - and then their children----soon the world is changed! and Satan will have slipped in unawares to even the elect.
Christians must try and keep Christians going in this world.
Just because you are a good caring person , doesn't mean you BELIEVE in Jesus, and that you believe Jesus died for your sins!--
This is the good news!
Hey SP,
Good post, I agree.
HFN

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#493285 Feb 23, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, Senecus.
So you understand, the misunderstanding was on Hidingfromyou's part and not mine. I never said I believed that the ancient records mentioned any nuclear weapons, or a nuclear holocaust. I was only sharing how that the theorists that propose the possibilities make good arguments that I believe are worthy of consideration. They only propose that its possible and that if it were true, there'd be no evidence of it today, 10,000 later.
You can see how you are immediately attacked and humiliated for even the mention that any ancient records might be relevant or accurate preceding the Abrahamic emergence on world history? It is ludicrous and ridiculous that all ancient record is fantasy and mere stories of fancy, and deliberate and willful ignorance on the part of historians, archaeologists and science.
It IS a problem for stability of civilization if society is not intelligent, educated, and advanced enough to accept those facts should they be presented in their actuality, and show that the history of world civilization is not as it has been presented to date accurately. Thousands upon thousands of tablets are not being translated, and a good portion that are, not being released. Ebla being an excellent example.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#493286 Feb 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you want me to defend the quote. I won't ..
.. you expect people to automatically defend themselves because that's what you've done all your life ..
.. you won't comprehend this post, only attack again. That's what you do. You hurt people ..
I am not asking you to do anything except give the page number

You apparently had no problem scanning the page and emailing it to me so whatever you invented objections are now make no sense.

If you had the page number to give you would have provided it

Instead you have made 5 posts all with different reasons and deflections why you can't simply provide the page number of a quote you gave that you were willing to scan and email

That makes no sense if you are telling the truth

This has nothing to do with me hurting people or being paranoid or whatever other excuse you want to make. If you had no problem scanning and emailing it then there is no reason you shouldn't be able to just give the page number

Do you really think these tactics aren't transparent?

I have seen the lengths you will go to not to admit you are wrong. Including even saying you would rather have a doctor that doesn't care about you and equating a doctor that cares about his patients to meaning his must be physically touchy-feely

It is so much easier to just be honest. You may figure that out at some point
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#493287 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
edit HFN....responding here for space. I agree people can be if not brainwashed at least influenced and desensitized. In fact I was just talking to someone saying I never thought Id be an adult saying video games are a bad influence but the games today are nothing like when I was a kid and I cant see how a kid spending 10 hrs a day beating women with bats and shooting people on the street isnt having a harmful desensitizing effect and creating a lack of empathy. I wasnt disagreeing that seeing a message driven home repeatedly on tv cant have an influence, I simply didnt understand how he was assigning gender roles to watching a crime show. But I hear what you are saying and agree probably in a lot of cases at least to an extent (T) PEACE
Hey Skombolis,
:)

And I didn’t really notice the gender role. I guess when I’m trying to catch up I rush too much and miss a lot.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#493288 Feb 23, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Sora and I definetly would.
Of course you would.

I saw a two-hour History Channel program today about the struggles of black people in this country for equality. The 40's, and until today. How horrible has been the treatment of black people by our society.

Watching it, I couldn't avoid making the parallel of the struggles today for equal rights for homosexuals.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#493289 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Subtle is the way of the Senacus. They often live directly on the outskirts of civilization. Rarely seen but always watching.
All right I am giving up trying to sound like a History Channel show!
Sorry, the topic put the idea into my head and it seemed like fun at first. Now not so much! LOL
I was curious to what he was saying
:)
Actually, it's quite funny when you read what you posted with an Australian accent!

Fennario

#493290 Feb 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
He apologized, and in a subsequent post became upset that I didn't accept the apology with class.
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Dim is such a class act himself that he demands no less from others.
scaritual wrote:
Well, when your method of argumentation is to paraphrase incorrectly the words of a person you are debating, and then argue against those Straw man constructs, then yeah, not a lot of class there, beyond the fallacious arguments. Then, when pressed to supply actual verbatim quotes,linking to what you did say -*a simple thing to do* and definitive - suddenly he declares that he's over it and it isn't worth pursuing<<<—> >>then throws out a bunch of red herring and other fallacious arguments or statements. That makes it frustrating, because it's accusation after straw man after red herring after (insert fallacious argument here).

But that has been the process or method within Christianity at large for centuries, and any voice that doesn't fall in line or submit itself to the "authority" of Christian doctrine must be depicted inaccurately, vilified, attacked and subdued - or eliminated.
Agreed, which is probably why the Christians here appear to be well pleased with Dim's ethics and manner.
Lost In Transition

United States

#493291 Feb 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The extreme high pitch harmonics are irritating to me(make my hair stand up).
Who is Joni Mitchell, Alex.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#493292 Feb 23, 2013
Sorry if I miss a post to me but I’m skipping forward. I may not stay, it depends on what I read. I am just not in the mood to wade through the junk to get to the good tonight.
HFN

Fennario

#493293 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
What do you know about his church? Are you referring to all churches in general?
LOL.
Skombolis wrote:
Please define what you consider the 'church'
Nope. I'm not going to continue to define "church" to you any more.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#493294 Feb 23, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Greetings, salutations, and shalowm, Senecus.
So you understand, the misunderstanding was on Hidingfromyou's part and not mine. I never said I believed that the ancient records mentioned any nuclear weapons, or a nuclear holocaust. I was only sharing how that the theorists that propose the possibilities make good arguments that I believe are worthy of consideration. They only propose that it's possible and that if it were true, there'd be no evidence of it today, 10,000 years later.
Hello Brother,

Naw, no commentary on the exchange, that's why I isolated '#6' for my comment- for the thought on audience relevance(you Know my penchant for that), I'll commend anyone who "gets it".

Well, I provided you another 'springboard' to launch a commentary, free of charge(smiles).

Looks like a slow night, will make a few rounds and head to slumberland, be blest:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min nanoanomaly 87,969
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min crucifiedguy 284,507
FATIH SIEMENS Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62 35 SIEMENS F... 42 min buzser 1
Siemens Cerrahpasa Siemens Servisi (2I2) 2O2 62... 45 min buzser 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 48 min Devil number 666 977,214
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 51 min Truthiness 480
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Truthiness 28
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 665,191
More from around the web