Why Should Jesus Love Me?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#493200 Feb 23, 2013
Looking onward wrote:
Jesus loves us unconditional
But there will STILL be plenty of lost souls.....in HELL.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#493202 Feb 23, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Old Fart
please? nobody pay attention if you care less,or more,or if affect you
You are just old Fart, bambling vanity
Why don't you grow up and do something with your life besides talking to invisible people all day. Are you in prison?! A juvenile retention center?? Why do you act like you're 12 years old??
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Northampton, MA

#493203 Feb 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>But there will STILL be plenty of lost souls.....in HELL.
Correct.

HARRINGTON, LORD. 19th century British statesman. Opposed admission of Jewish immigrants to England because:
"They are the great moneylenders and loan contractors of the world... The consequence is that the nations of the world are groaning under heavy systems of taxation and national debt. They have ever been the greatest enemies of freedom.(Speech in the House of Lords, July 12, 1858)
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#493205 Feb 23, 2013
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks
My point is the same,..A GOD doesn't give all pastors/pimps the same message. Christians do not gather as one body, not even as a symbolic effort.
Pastors/pimps refuse to share their "Glory".
Mike,are you gay?? Why do you ask such stupid questions all the time??

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#493206 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give the page number
I actually would like to check for several reasons
.. buy the book ..

.. it's a good read ..

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#493208 Feb 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't raised in religion.
But when I became a Christian at about age twenty, I attended what they called a Full Gospel fellowship - roughly Pentecostal.
Was that a good one? I didn't shop around.
Interesting, you were compelled (or 'drawn') towards it coming from a secular background. I know you wrote you're retired, wondered if this occurred during the "Jesus Movement".

Ah, the Full Gospel fellowships, the first church I attended also(post salvation). I didn't shop around,either, a friend directed me to it. Yes, they are Pentecostal, many associate with the Assemblies of God. "Was it a good one?" I guess not, now you're an atheist! But I jest, I didn't attend yours, can't assess. Though in general,denominationally, to me too much emphasis on external "manifestations" and not enough on personal growth,spiritually speaking; and study.

So, another tally mark under Pentecostal, thanks for the response.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#493209 Feb 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
So why do so many people care that other people are comitting sins ?
I honestly think Christianity is 'sinful' but if someone wants to be a Christian and it doesn't affect me I could care less.
That is pretty much how I view it also(as an institution).

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#493210 Feb 23, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't that be up to your God to decide?
Just a suggestion Lawest, if you took the baseball bat out of your backside you may be more comfortable..........Jus a suggestion..........
Speaking of suggestions I'll tell ya..........the "baseball bat" removal or something akin to it is advice you should be giving your gay friend, and it is GOD who will be deciding these things as everyone will be judge from out of those things that are written in the book, according to his Holy Word. You see I can say anything that his Word says about any subject because I am backed up by that very same Word.......the Holy Bible, don't expect you to understand that but think on it some, just a suggestion.

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#493211 Feb 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Then you are indeed lucky(for lack of a better term). It seems he is well endowed, and I don't mean physically.
Thank God for that!
I thought he needed a friend when he called out to me in passing!!! It was not till later that I saw and GULPED!
16 years later... a friend in deed...
mike

AOL

#493212 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Falling shot of shit after you shat?
Oy shyt.
How are you able to do "This" while claiming christianity?

I do understand that many who believe in a GOD are a bit unstabled mentally... Would that be the case with you?

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#493213 Feb 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Keep in mind that the Aztecs' twisted the symbols and meanings of the old way, and developed a priesthood that required "blood" sacrifice where none was needed(Tescat was an invention of the priests). That was the beginning of a false religious practice and belief that has carried through to this day by succeeding religions.
I am aware...
That was then... this is now... and man has created 'religion'.
God... the Sacred Truth

Was just 'stating' for those who followed that.
We were there because I love South America.

Thank you for sharing - or caring - BT!

With Established Harem

#493214 Feb 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You are walking in prejudiced aire of the new world HL The Cherokee and Apache consider you "specially gifted"...having two sets of eyes(spiritually).
.. right now, I have a glass of OJ and vodka or I'd never write this ..

.. it scares the s*it out of me ..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#493215 Feb 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. buy the book ..
.. it's a good read ..
What's the problem HL?

You claimed you copied it right from the book and that is how it was listed but you won't share the page number?

I was 99% sure when I asked you would have no page number to give.

An author would never commit professional suicide by partially quoting someone and not indicating it

The ease that people lie with is uncanny

Humanists indeed

Location hidden

#493216 Feb 23, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Wish you'd share the mental image..lol.
You really don't LOL

Well I was sticking around to get a piece of information. Turns out it didn't exist. No surprise there. Got some personal things to take care of

Have a good one

Location hidden

#493217 Feb 23, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware...
That was then... this is now... and man has created 'religion'.
God... the Sacred Truth
Was just 'stating' for those who followed that.
We were there because I love South America.
Thank you for sharing - or caring - BT!
Concepts about God and traditions about God are not God.

~Gary Amirault

Man can certainly flee from God... but he cannot escape him. He can certainly hate God and be hateful to God, but he cannot change into its opposite the eternal love of God which triumphs even in his hate.

--Karl Barth

Have a good night sister

:)

With Established Harem

#493218 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the problem HL?
You claimed you copied it right from the book and that is how it was listed but you won't share the page number?
An author would never commit professional suicide by partially quoting someone and not indicating it
Humanists indeed
.. provide me with an e-mail address that will accept attachments ..

.. I'll copy & e-mail the page ..

.. your paranoia is getting worst ..
Sora

San Diego, CA

#493219 Feb 23, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I recall learning about Pascal and Rubens, and their contributions, but never really focused on either of them.
I'm casually familiar with the history of Humanism in it's various forms.
Mainstream Christianity in America has been slowly becoming more humanistic, though few Christians would identify as Christian Humanists. The labels don't really matter to me. I care about the ideas and behaviors being promoted. People can give credit to Jesus for their tolerance of others. I'll credit a history of evolving morality. Overall, as humans, we're behaving better towards each other than we did in the past. I think we'll continue getting better, generation after generation. There will still be contrast between what we think is good, and what we think is bad, but we're still better than we were thousands of years ago, because we have the benefit of knowledge that our predecessors left us. Our predecessors benefited from the knowledge of their predecessors, and so on. We have built our societies on top of those that came before. Good ideas will generally persist, because they are good. I think humanist ideas are good ideas, and will remain as part of the foundation of human societies, perhaps for as long as there are humans.
Bonsoir Monsieur, you are correct however my soulmate and I are Christian Humanists and proud of it very much so. As society changes and becomes more socially and spiritually enlightened then and only then may morals change in regards to the teachings of Jesus, I agree completely. Knowledge is power Monsieur and do keep in mind that people died to pass this knowledge down to us. I study Humanism in all of its forms and facets and I see no contrast between being both Christian and Humanist. Jesus was a Humanist if we think of it. You mentioned few Christians identify as being Christian Humanists, why do you believe this to be so? I am interested to know what you think and then I shall answer the question as well and then my soulmate shall tell you what she thinks. Now then in regards to Blaise Pascal this is an introduction: http://www.egs.edu/library/blaise-pascal/biog... I am not a supporter of Jansenism Monsieur its tenants are anathema to mine. I look foward to hearing from you again.

With Established Harem

#493220 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Concepts about God and traditions about God are not God.
:)
.. then, who is god ??..

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#493221 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the problem HL?
Humanists indeed
Did you expect anything less when you consider the apology she promised yesterday that never happened? She simply acted like she never said it.

It amazes me how some out right lie thinking people have forgotten what they said. They lie so much that they can't keep them all straight. And when that happens they get so flustered trying to cover up their lies that they completely forget what they said which only makes things worse as well as exposing their lies even more.

Location hidden

#493223 Feb 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. provide me with an e-mail address that will accept attachments ..
.. I'll copy & e-mail the page ..
.. your paranoia is getting worst ..
I am not paranoid at all

You claim you took what is tantamount to a partial quote out of a published book that did not indicate it was a partial quote

That is a very unusual thing to see

So I wished to check it out myself. What is your paranoia that you need an email address and need to scan the page?

Just simply post the page number. I can check for myself

What possible reason could you have for not giving the page number?

The only one I can think of is if your claim is untrue it could be considered libelous and you are worried about that. If you are telling the truth there is literally no reason you can't share the page number of the book you already sourced from the quote you say you took directly out of it. Why should the page number be a secret?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min mpetershat 653,821
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Dr Banonator 973,729
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Catcher1 63,604
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 32 min Dr Banonator 106,484
music lovers 52 min Notiflow 1
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 281,846
I prefer women's satin panties over men's under... 1 hr Blondie 25
More from around the web