“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#493095 Feb 23, 2013
Red Apples wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try Lar, I was reading along yesterday and he never had my back about anything. He never has and he never will. And believe me he'd be the last person I'd ever want to have my back. Because like so many others in here (including you) he would just as quickly stab someone in the back as he would to have their back.

The Fake Professor wrote:
Are you mentally incapable of telling the truth, Red, or is it your god that makes you lie ?

I have defended many people here that I don't like against unfounded insults.

I am not like you.

Red Apples wrote:
Are you unable to comprehend what you read?

Read my post again. I never said you didn't defend people you don't like. I challenge you to show me where I did in my post.

I'll be waiting.
_______

Watch the excuses, twisting and spinning, and every other reason under the sun why Duaney can't back up his claim.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#493096 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually dude you are the one trying to find hidden meanings
I didn't take anything out of context and making silly quips like it isn't a basketball game doesn't detract from the obvious that you were hoping that basically saying lighten up so early in the morning would resonate with others. Does that help if I don't use a points analogy? You seem easily distracted
When your blatant hypocrisy was pointed out you resorted to lying, as your pattern
Do you really think your intent wasn't transparent? Why do you think other people keep calling you out for being a hypocrite? Is everybody paranoid?
That is what amazes me. I don't know if you are this stupid or you think others are.
Just be honest and don't be a hypocrite Catcher. It isn't like that is some impossible standard to expect is it?
Then you can have all the fun you want.
Hypocrisy.

Lies.

Hidden intents.

Dude!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#493097 Feb 23, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe our lips are sealed.
Can you mind read?
>>>BigSmile<< <
No. I wont allow it either way. Can't be hypno'd either. You can have nearly all my energy, but not my know.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#493098 Feb 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Scoring points?
It's not a basketball game, dude.
It's entertainment; a distraction from everyday life.
As I say, you take things far to seriously and see dark shadows behind every door.
If I post "good morning," you'll find some way to find some hidden meaning so that you can label me a liar, a sycophant or a hypocrite.
some entertainment, but it mainly not entertainment, it mostly discussions, and serious discussions about worldviews, philosophies, beliefs, and religion.

So no try to make it trivial now after you other freethinker friend [it aint necessarily so] made it so serious it seem like he was ready to kill a christian or lose his mind. its only trivial now, that you and your friends, lose the arguments and the discussions and your points challenged and refuted.

Since: Feb 13

Auckland, New Zealand

#493099 Feb 23, 2013
Jesus loves us unconditional

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#493100 Feb 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>And what speech will you have prepared when you stand in judgement before that "mythology"?
she already tell you, she going to look at YHWH God and say,[I thought you was a myth] me laughing!

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#493101 Feb 23, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi PW..........
I come bearing gifts..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-61z3ZlFnpQXX
Greetings Planet Earth!
Thank you Storm...
What a beautiful thought... and what a beautiful moment in Time to share.

"who is man that God should be mindful of him"?
Sorry... can't just place this right now in the OT but very befitting!
Blessings Brother...

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#493102 Feb 23, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Lawest,
I personally don't like Christian Rap music either. I can't understand what they are saying at all. LOL. I went to a Christian concert at Carowinds once with the church youth group and there was an artist there that sung Christian rap. His band was named Lecrae. I couldn't wait for his show to end another band to start until I started watching all those young teens as they listen to him sing and they understood every word that the man was saying and was praising God with that type of music. I started thinking about my teen years and how so many adults hated the rock n roll music that I listened to back then. I guess what I am trying to say is this...As long as that noise ( i mean music) is uplifting the Lord to those kids and they are actually praising God, then I can grin and bear it for their sake. They are a whole different generation and we can't expect them to listen to "old church hymns and like it just becuase we do"..LOL I also listened to Toby Mac when he sang and all his songs are based on scripture. The youth today need to hear these scriptures and if those Rappin Christian songs teach them to memorize those verses, I can bear with the beat and rhymes fir their sake..LOL Thats my opinion anyway. Have a great weekend Lawest.
Good evening GW, I see your point and one can make the argument that this kind of "Christian rap" can be used as a stepping stone to lead this generation to Christ, but there is still a spirit behind most things music included, how shall I put my point in words here, it may possibly do some good in the long run maybe, but I don't believe that such a worldly format is truly a necessity for God to draw anyone of any age unto him.

Not everything that names the name of Christ truly has him in their hearts, professional prize fighters often give God the glory for allowing them to beat their opponents brains out in a boxing ring ( I've seen them do it many times ) I could be wrong but I just don't believe that God works through such barbaric and musically worldly venue's to draw people unto him.

Peace.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#493103 Feb 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
So Scar is also tarred with an accusation of hypocrisy.
And now you say you're "just about done." That means you'll go on and on and on, ad nauseam.
LOL

So concerned with my posting habits

And "ad nauseam"?

Gee Catcher, lighten up

:)

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#493104 Feb 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
In as much as you are incapable of tellin the truth, I will ask one simple question. If you play games with it then I give up on you being capable of intelligent discourse:
Where in the Old Testament is the alleged War in Heaven with Satan leading 1/3 of the angels in a failed revolt against God ?
Easy question to answer just post the verses about it, say you don't know or say there isn't any.
The fact that you continue to call me a liar even after the numerous times I answered your unprofitable question, I'd think it best you gave up on me, regardless. You, my friend, are the liar and deceiver here. You, my friend, are playing games. And considering that you've chosen such an unrighteous path, toward me, then I no longer feel compelled to discuss anything with you. Rather, I'll focus my attentions on the foolishness you spew, to reveal the truth of the mater and the falsehood in you. Now, to answer your question, again...

The texts of the old covenant, or the "Tanakh," make no specific mention of any war taking place in heaven. This "war in heaven" was a vision given to John while on the isle of Patmos. Some have concluded that this "war in heaven" must have taken place in times past because a similar mention is made by other authors in other texts, such as the "Dead Sea Scrolls" and the "Melchizedek Document." Some go so far as to conclude that the same "war in heaven" is alluded to in the books of "Isaiah" and "Ezekiel." Other than these, though, no specific mention is made in any texts considered "Tanakh."

And why any of this would matter confuses me. Nothing in any portion of the bible even suggests that any mentions and references are only valid if they appear either, only, or first, in the "Tanakh."

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#493105 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are going to justify taking part of someone's quote and leaving out other parts and sourcing it and posting it like it is the entire quote?
The quote didn't even include the entire sentence
If those are your ethics when it comes to quoting and sourcing so be it
And that statement is a fact?! So how did the Catholic church change its teachings on Genesis based on scientific discovery?
If memory serves you were the one mocking them for that in the other room claiming it shows they will say anything when what it really shows it how hypocritical you are when trying to promote the idea Christians won't consider science.
But i am just about done with all of this. The "ethics" and "honesty" I have seen on display leaves little reason to pursue conversation
The rest of the quote added nothing of significance.

That you fail to understand this is a failing of your critical thinking skills.

J.R. McQuilkin, past president of Columbia International University, plainly stated that if an idea - that means anything scientific finding etc...- conflicts with scripture, the scriptural finding was given precedence.

He states: "By “under the authority” I mean that when the teaching of Scripture conflicts with any other idea, the teaching of Scripture will be accepted as truth and the other idea will not be accepted as truth." - J.R. McQuilkin

Your insistence that the entire quote or portion of the statement be included only serves to example to an even greater degree that at times, even among the respected Scholars within Christianity, all else will be discarded, in order to support biblical scripture as the final authority - in all matters - even if it means science or data supported by actual and verifiable evidence and even further, PROOF, will be ignored, to affirm the bible as the final word.

Now, you tell me what was or is at fault with what HL posted.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#493106 Feb 23, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Can't stay too long. I am learning how to make Spanish rice. Lol
Just wanted to see what your thought's are on the '4 Blood Moons' in regards to the Passover, that are in our near future? If any? No worries, if you are not interested... Thx, SL
Hi SL
Wow... never heard of 'that'!
But I'm willing to do some 'check' and let you know...

Enjoy your rice!
His Love and peace to you Friend.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#493107 Feb 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems being gay is just like being a Christian.
But consider the difference..........by having a sincere goal toward either, one will guarantee you the kingdom of God while the other will guarantee you hell and destruction, right?

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#493108 Feb 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>she already tell you, she going to look at YHWH God and say,[I thought you was a myth] me laughing!
Yes, many will have excuses of all type's in that day.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#493109 Feb 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> No. I wont allow it either way. Can't be hypno'd either. You can have nearly all my energy, but not my know.
'me either'

Thanx for the kind offer but my energy is hyper enough... reckon our know also, Ja?

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#493110 Feb 23, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll say!
:)
Saw response on the other thread, will read the link later, thanks ...
I'm sorry Senecus, but I did answer late last night.:).. Let's keep that post to that thread... I do not see how many posters can stay on all day and night... i won't mention any names... LOL ...:)

I am a busy girl! It's my own doing though... I love helping people. There is so many in need. I am thinking of starting a shelter for teens that have no where to go, but that is another subject altogether...

ps *I am making dinner for some friends, so I only have about 5 more minutes. I will be back, but it will be late... Love to you and all... Sl

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#493111 Feb 23, 2013
Senecus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Larry, here's a link to the thread,was 'talking' with Edu just last month:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/rib-mountain-...
Thanks Jack, i'll stop by and see how shes doin..........

Location hidden

#493112 Feb 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrisy.
Lies.
Hidden intents.
Dude!
LOL

You must see something hidden if you think my making a points analogy required you to literally point out Topix isn't a basketball game!

And it is an old, tired tactic when caught lying or being a hypocrite to claim you were joking and to call the other person paranoid

People can clearly see why you would make a post saying lighten up in the morning and when it backfired on you now you have resorted to this.

Thank you though for demonstrating so clearly for people just how easily lying comes to you.

Location hidden

#493113 Feb 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The rest of the quote added nothing of significance.
That you fail to understand this is a failing of your critical thinking skills.
J.R. McQuilkin, past president of Columbia International University, plainly stated that if an idea - that means anything scientific finding etc...- conflicts with scripture, the scriptural finding was given precedence.
He states: "By “under the authority” I mean that when the teaching of Scripture conflicts with any other idea, the teaching of Scripture will be accepted as truth and the other idea will not be accepted as truth." - J.R. McQuilkin
Your insistence that the entire quote or portion of the statement be included only serves to example to an even greater degree that at times, even among the respected Scholars within Christianity, all else will be discarded, in order to support biblical scripture as the final authority - in all matters - even if it means science or data supported by actual and verifiable evidence and even further, PROOF, will be ignored, to affirm the bible as the final word.
Now, you tell me what was or is at fault with what HL posted.
If you don't know what is wrong with omitting part of a quote and posting and sourcing it like the complete quote then I am sorry but I don't have the time to teach you ethics. Ask your parents

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#493114 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
How are you guys any different?
Some of you swear evolution THEORY is a proven fact
.. a theory explains facts in a coherent manner. In this context, evolution is both theory and fact since it is an incontrovertible fact that organisms change ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of you claim even if it is possible creator gods exist there is no way Jesus does
Some of you claim it is impossible that any answers can be found in the spiritual realm
.. ask someone who makes the claims ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
And if you think having a meaningful conversation is impossible with those of faith you should try it with those who aren't honest or those who refuse to do such simple things like define "church" despite their repeated use of the word
.. having a meaningful conversation with anyone who claims moral authority is impossible ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
But the most baffling part to me is if you think it is impossible like Hiding says to have a meaningful conversation with someone who stands firm in their beliefs
.. HFY tries to appeal to evidence through logical argument. She is trained as an anthropologist, skilled in understanding and comparing cultures, armed with knowledge about widespread diversity. She excels in biology, genetics and evolutionary theory ..

.. despite all her knowledge, all her posts, again and again, from a myriad of angles, some Christians maintain their antagonistic attitude about evolution and homosexuality only by systematically ignoring the evidence she presents ..

.. the harsh condemnation of homosexuality and rejection of evolution is not a reasonable or coherent position ..

AGAIN:

"When the teaching of scripture conflicts with any other idea, the teaching of Scripture will be accepted as truth and the other idea will not be accepted as truth." J.R. McQuilkin, past president of Columbia International University.
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Is your intent going in no matter how politely dressed up not to find any common ground or not to hope to get anything of value from the exchange but you know it will be meaningless and you spend hours doing it anyway?
.. there it is! Another SKOM moment ..

.. I've already found common ground with some Christians on this thread ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you asking people satan's surname for example?
.. because it's fun? Do you know if Satan has a surname ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Why ask people of faith anything about their faith if meaningful exchanges can't be had?
.. another SKOM moment ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
For example someone might complain its too early to talk about sex
.. is it ever too early to talk about sex? Oppps, maybe I should ask Catcher that question ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>but have no problem with posts about dead kids and engage in hypocrisy daily and won't address it.
.. daily? Another SKOM moment, huh ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> All you are doing IMO is defending a bigoted opinion by Hiding.
.. still another SKOM moment. My original post had nothing to do with HFY ..

.. the state of affairs on this thread raises troubling questions about the place of religion in a pluralistic society. How do we decide what is good? Are some beliefs true, just because someone believes them, and everybody else's beliefs, therefore, false ??

.. if opinions conflict, how does society decide what is good? Through cold calculated logic, scientific evidence and compassion or some church's dogma ??..

.. is it late enough to talk about sex ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min Catcher1 750,272
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Chess Jurist 548,439
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min KiMare 229,907
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 15 min t 37,251
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min bacon hater 96,101
Gay snapchat names 28 min Pezattack 31
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 30 min neiswanger ralph 406
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min RiccardoFire 261,620
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 7 hr girls united states 125

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE