Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#493068 Feb 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
We aren't having a meaningful discussion here. It's because you're under the illusion that Jesus is a real deity, and that the Christian pantheon is the "one, true religion."
I don't think I can explain my position on enculturation any clearer than I did. But, hey, on the bright side, you're a perfect example.
You explain enculturation clearly, but totally Wrong when it come to making a connection between someone making Jesus Christ they personal lord and savior and blaming enculturation for that.

There is no true [religion], that like saying there is one true political party or one true country, that is your obvious ignorance talking. But there is a one true God YHWH, and only through Jesus Christ can a person get to Him.

And that no have anything whatsoever to do with enculturation, you're mis-informed.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#493069 Feb 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you get that I meant they could hide from God?
No one , absolutely no one ,can hide from God. God sees all, and Knows all.
But you can hide from Man, and not ANNOUNCE your SINS.
The ONLY one that we, as sinners need to go to is 'GOD our Heavenly Father.
I must have misunderstood your post. Sorry.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#493070 Feb 23, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to answer everyone's post in a timely manner, but sometimes my 'To Do' list get's in the way..:) SL
I'll say!

:)

Saw response on the other thread, will read the link later, thanks ...

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#493071 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize HL had used an edited portion of his quote, thus making it appear to look like something it wasn't. The full quote is
By “under the authority” I mean that when the teaching of Scripture conflicts with any other idea, the teaching of Scripture will be accepted as truth and the other idea will not be accepted as truth.
As he is defining terms. and goes on to define others
By “functional control” I mean that the principle of Biblical priority over contrary non-Biblical opinion is not merely a doctrine to which one swears allegiance but is actually put into practice thoroughly and consistently.
By “derived from Scripture” I mean concepts that are determined to be the meaning of the original author through common-sense principles of understanding language (scientific, historico-grammatical interpretation).
By “the teaching of Scripture” I mean everything the Bible affirms as true.
http://www.biblicalworldview21.org/Psychology...
So he isn't saying that as a universal statement but to explain when he uses the term “under the authority”
Why do you suppose that was left out of the quote, that it was being used as a definition of a term? Sloppy research or someone intentionally edited it to be dishonest? I am not saying HL did as it may have been where she copied it from.
Perhaps she can provide her source?
She used the quote to support her observation, it wasn't out of context, and in what she was exampling.

Look at HL's preceding statement.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
some Christians on this thread glory in the claim that they live by faith and have little regard for reason, research, science or scholarly findings. They get to disregard anything that disagrees with their belief system. As HFY says, "They're unteachable." ..
Then she follows that up, with a Christian Scholar, a former president of Columbia University.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
"When the teaching of scripture conflicts with any other idea, the teaching of Scripture will be accepted as truth and the other idea will not be accepted as truth." J.R. McQuilkin, past president of Columbia International University.
The observation she made was not only accurate, it was also supported by a sourced, and valid example, that even some respected scholars within Christianity will ignore the truth of anything that conflicts with biblical scripture.

That statement, is not bigoted. That statement is a fact.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#493072 Feb 23, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you too Rider!
What's news in the Universe these days?
Hi PW..........

I come bearing gifts..........

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#493073 Feb 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
barf..
Gay, huh ?

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#493074 Feb 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate when that happens but it's better than getting that string caught in my teeth.
Oh my!!!!!!!!!!

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#493075 Feb 23, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey PW,
I’m not sure what you are saying here. But I think it is akin to give peace a chance.:) I’m realizing this is not accomplishing much so if peace is the jest of it, maybe a little for peace (just being honest here) but a lot for the not liking to argue when nothing comes of it. I agree.
Thank you for the hug and blessings my sweet Sister and for being a calm voice in the storm.
Lots of hugs ((((Ira)))) and many Blessings to you.
HFN
You make me >>>smile<<< HFN!
Plus you summed it up well...

I used a quote I have always identified with due to being so often misunderstood... and so I kept it in a poster on the wall, and a frame on my desk!

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
Alan Greenspan

Think many feel this way sometimes when trying to get a point across, ja?
Luv U 2 Sister Friend, and be Blessed. PW

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

#493076 Feb 23, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Epster..........Your a doll..........
Hi Larry, here's a link to the thread,was 'talking' with Edu just last month:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/rib-mountain-...

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#493077 Feb 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I glad you no have problem with me.
I not defending anything.
I try to uphold the civil rights of all people.
Homosexuals are people, entitled to equality under the law.
One doesn't have to be black to stand for equality for blacks. One doesn't have to be a homosexual to stand for equality for homosexuals.
I hope you no have any problem with that.
Equality under the law, sure. Normal, No. Moral, No. Ethical, No. Safe, No. Natural No. Hypocritical, Yes.

Hope you no have any problem with that.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#493078 Feb 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have misunderstood your post. Sorry.
Genesis 3:9
And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where are you?

The Bible actually never says God is omnipresent

There is a verse is a prayer in Psalms that says God can find us wherever we go so there is no way to hide from him

It has always been an interesting debate to me

Personally I think Psalms are meant to be man's perspective and not God giving man a perspective to repeat

If that is the case it would seem to add more weight to Genesis

Then again, I believe Genesis to be metaphorical so you got that too!

Anyway, just a verse for future food for thought anyway.I am not sure what you guys were originally talking about as I had to skip some posts to catch up but caught the end of it

(T) Peace

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#493079 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not paranoid to call a hypocrite a hypocrite
Either you aren't very smart or what you think someone would see as a "hidden meaning" is way different than me. There was nothing hidden about it. Liek I said, you were looking to score points by saying lighten up so early in the day. Just like you are trying to score points now by saying lighten up
When called on your hypocrisy you resort to dishonest tactics trying to label me rather than address your own behavior
Its not like I am the only person to see how hypocritical you are
It is fine to have fun dude, just try to do so without being a liar or a hypocrite is all I am saying. Don't you think that is possible?
Scoring points?

It's not a basketball game, dude.

It's entertainment; a distraction from everyday life.

As I say, you take things far to seriously and see dark shadows behind every door.

If I post "good morning," you'll find some way to find some hidden meaning so that you can label me a liar, a sycophant or a hypocrite.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#493080 Feb 23, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, I have the same problem...:) Hope your day is going well...
Well it is funny ya know.lol Are you able to yell? I doin good been into a bit of playful mischeif is all.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#493081 Feb 23, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead SL... make my day!
Just waiting for you...
" Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you..." Matthew 77
Hi, Can't stay too long. I am learning how to make Spanish rice. Lol
Just wanted to see what your thought's are on the '4 Blood Moons' in regards to the Passover, that are in our near future? If any? No worries, if you are not interested... Thx, SL

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#493082 Feb 23, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Parrot!:)
Hey! SL!
;)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#493083 Feb 23, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi PW..........
I come bearing gifts..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-61z3ZlFnpQXX
I know that gift was not for me, Lol but it was simply beautiful...:) I love Science...

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#493084 Feb 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> And I would bet that that essence also extended from 10 to 20 feet from the individual in variation... and with banding(like rings from top to bottom) of different hues Am I correct?
I was close by at the time, and amazed at how BIG he really looked within this capsule. Being 'rainbow' and of such pure Light, they would have to have been... Ja?

“Romans 8:1.”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#493085 Feb 23, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Still the same lying ahole you always were.
I never claimed to be a professor until last week when I acepted a professorship at the college.
All you do is shit on Jesus and God with your lies.
Wow you really stepped in it now. You've claimed to be a "college professor" since you first started posting in here, and anyone that has been posting in here since you showed up knows it.

Why do you feel the need to lie? Did you think people would not remember what you said many many times? Heck you even posted some documents several months ago that you thought would prove you were a "college professor".

Oh and it's accepted not "acepted" professor.
_______

<<<<Rolls eyes while laughing at Duane trying to sell another lie.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#493086 Feb 23, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
She used the quote to support her observation, it wasn't out of context, and in what she was exampling.
Look at HL's preceding statement.
<quoted text>
Then she follows that up, with a Christian Scholar, a former president of Columbia University.
<quoted text>
The observation she made was not only accurate, it was also supported by a sourced, and valid example, that even some respected scholars within Christianity will ignore the truth of anything that conflicts with biblical scripture.
That statement, is not bigoted. That statement is a fact.
You really are going to justify taking part of someone's quote and leaving out other parts and sourcing it and posting it like it is the entire quote?

The quote didn't even include the entire sentence

If those are your ethics when it comes to quoting and sourcing so be it

And that statement is a fact?! So how did the Catholic church change its teachings on Genesis based on scientific discovery?

If memory serves you were the one mocking them for that in the other room claiming it shows they will say anything when what it really shows it how hypocritical you are when trying to promote the idea Christians won't consider science.

But i am just about done with all of this. The "ethics" and "honesty" I have seen on display leaves little reason to pursue conversation

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#493087 Feb 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Well,what do you know,we do agree on that! How many times did you lose your salvation yesterday,'Bruh Man from the fiff flo'??
I agree with anyone who honestly and sincerely name the name of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour. I see you are still perpetuating the same lie over and over again about our losing our salvation daily, the Lord has made it clear that no liar shall tarry in his sight, you need to stop playing around and get saved for REAL, and that's keeping it REAL.

Peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 28 min ardith 52,750
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 52 min Gabriel 992,274
____ TRUMP 100% in the spirit of ANTICHRIST ____ (Mar '16) 2 hr Poster Child for ... 22
Skype gay sex (Dec '14) 2 hr c840xba 32
___TRUMP Already Met & Deceived by ANTICHRIST___ 2 hr Poster Child for ... 2
shuh up meathead! 5 hr Doctor REALITY 7
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr PadMark 693,440
More from around the web