“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#492789 Feb 23, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
I don't consider Christians Christian at this point.
Too cryptic for me.

Did I read where you don't consider yourself a Christian? I don't recall a non-Christian being upset with me before.

And for those who know them, I consider people like Buck Crick, Dave Nelson and RESP0NSE Christian even if they don't, because of their defense of Christianity and the Christian church, their doctrinal differences being irrelevant to me.

Fennario

#492790 Feb 23, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Hello Larry!!!
One of the worst career moves ever: Mclean Stevenson leaving M*A*S*H to star in three consecutive failed sitcoms, Hello Larry being the last and worst. Hello Larry is the poster child of sitcom failure:

"The show was not helped by frequent ridicule from Johnny Carson in his The Tonight Show monologues ... The show has often been referred to as an euphemism for badness. In one example, Arianna Huffington said that "John McCain's return to the Senate will be the chilliest reception for a war hero since McLean Stevenson tried to talk his way back onto M*A*S*H after Hello Larry tanked.""

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello,_Larry#Fai...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#492791 Feb 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Too cryptic for me.
Did I read where you don't consider yourself a Christian? I don't recall a non-Christian being upset with me before.
And for those who know them, I consider people like Buck Crick, Dave Nelson and RESP0NSE Christian even if they don't, because of their defense of Christianity and the Christian church, their doctrinal differences being irrelevant to me.
It's recent, not a doctrine thing... you'll get to that post <3

I'm not upset with you anymore, can't even remember why I was in the first place...

LOL

Fennario

#492792 Feb 23, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Your postings remind me a bit of a cousin I had. He lived in the deep south and hated blacks. He died of cancer many years back. Your hate is your own worst enemy and I do hope you find help.
Thanks for your concern.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#492793 Feb 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This post by trifecta was directed to Happy Lesbo.
Do I hear any reaction from any of the Christians on this thread?
Any of you "regulars" care to respond?
Or will you tacitly approve?
Did you ever say one thing to the pig Pomona atheist for his choice words for christians?

Not only no, but hell no.......... You supported his hate. He was far worse then trifecta and a hell of alot more consistent.........

Your hypocrisy is off the wall counselor..........

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#492794 Feb 23, 2013
Be not deceived;God is not mocked;for whatsoever a man soweth that shall he also reap.For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption;but he that soweth of the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.Galatians 6:7&8

#492795 Feb 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but not hatred for individuals - his disgust and worry about religion, specifically Christianity. Although why don't you just ask IANS "do you hate Christians?" His answer is better than mine, since you're talking about him.
Yeah. I'm blind, too.
Many if not every christian here has said hate the sin not the sinner. Yet they are all being hammered for it..........Isnt it the same thing..........

#492796 Feb 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
...?????..
Dare I ask, Luci In The Sky, With Diamonds ??
1 down 2 billion to go..........

LOL..........

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#492797 Feb 23, 2013
mobile7 wrote:
<quoted text>
And you live in your own fantasy world. You really think God cares what you think or what you don't have a problem with?
God is like the honey badger.

Honey Badger don't care.

Sorry my clueless troll, you must have mistaken me for a Christian.

#492798 Feb 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Bully; dictionary
a : a blustering browbeating person; especially : one habitually cruel to others who are weaker.
Do you not see the inferences that there are some who are intellectually slower (a much nicer way of putting it than they do) in here than others? Do you not think it cruel to keep on sarcastically marking the spelling and grammar in others postings, simply because they are Christians and making a statement?
Do you think I do not have a right to try and help out when I see someone being bombarded and becoming a lesser person than they really are?
We rarely see eye to eye, but, good post Serah..........

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#492799 Feb 23, 2013
Serah wrote:
Things are very cruel now, TWB, and we are more civilized, or supposedly so, than ever before. I can only consider how things might have been 6,000 years ago, well before Christians were tossed to the lions, Roman Gladiators slaughtered prisoners and people watched. There were public stonings..... Yes, we should be considerate of alternative ways of life, but do you really know what witches were doing back then?
Which witches? Some of them were the wise men and wise women of communities. They were the doctors, the vessels for maintaining knowledge, and the spiritual authorities.

The way the Bible defines witchcraft, to the best of my recollection, something like reading Tarot cards would be considered witchery.

The reasons the writers of the Bible wanted witches dead was because they represented competition, and they thought witch magic was real, and so must be the result of the power of one of their deities, Satan. Their reasons for wanting witches dead were irrational and unethical.
Serah wrote:
At what point do you say we should not consider others ways of life? When murder is involved? Do you believe in capital punishment? Wouldn't it be nice if homes weren't broken into, kids weren't abused and killed - even for just being in school, people weren't raped and murdered...... wouldn't it be nice if there were no wars? Wouldn't it be grand if the governments were planning for peace and not more wars?........
I believe in a voluntary system of ethics, like secular law, that represents the best interests of those it covers. In America, that system is ruled by force. It's almost democratic. It's tolerable.

I don't believe in capital punishment.

I don't like war.

World peace is attainable. The secret is resources, and giving a damn. First you have to give a damn, then you have to share the resources. If I had to name one problem as the biggest roadblock to world peace, it would be tribalism. Tribalism divides and provides the frame of mind that the "other" is not deserving.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492800 Feb 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> I disagree, I think homosexuality IS a choice but like anything else it would require a massive effort of willpower and a honest desire to overcome it, but with help from the Lord Jesus and a sincere desire to change it can be conquered.
Seems being gay is just like being a Christian.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#492801 Feb 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I just came to say HI.
I don't want to disrupt this otherwise cohesive thread.
I'll go away now.
;-)
You get back here!

I don't post much anywhere else.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#492802 Feb 23, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever say one thing to the pig Pomona atheist for his choice words for christians?
Not only no, but hell no.......... You supported his hate. He was far worse then trifecta and a hell of alot more consistent.........
Your hypocrisy is off the wall counselor..........
This has nothing to do with your post here.

But I'm curious you found any beautiful hang up's lately???
Or possible got your site set on a prize.
Just teasin ya is all.smile.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#492803 Feb 23, 2013
((*_-))

http://youtu.be/BUYfzaU9wYQ

Have a P_E_A_C_E_F_U_L Day!!!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#492804 Feb 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just mythology.
Raising the potential mythology of Jesus is a fair question and believing in the Jesus myth is an acceptable position as long as such a conclusion is based upon a careful, unbiased examination of the evidence and not based upon what we want to believe. Many of us may want to jump to that conclusion just to avoid our responsibility toward God and to our neighbors that we would be forced to consider if Jesus is real and is who He says He is.

Any careful and objective study of the facts that surround Jesus birth, life, death, and resurrection will convince anyone that Jesus is real and that He is who He said He was. Many people have done research specifically to discredit the reality of Jesus and who He claimed to be or examined their atheistic beliefs and ended up proclaiming the truth of Jesus and the Bible. Some of these that have written their story in a book include Josh McDowell, Lee Strobel, Sir William M. Ramsey, and Randall Niles.

Without even getting into many detailed historical, archeological, scientific, and documentary facts, consider the following to see if Jesus' existence and His claim to be God are consistent with the facts:
Our calendar is based upon the birth of Jesus both counting backwards (BC) before His birth and forwards (AD) after His birth. Why would we base our calendar on a myth?

Why have Christians been persecuted throughout history if Jesus is a myth?

If Jesus is a myth, why do people take His name in vein?

Why does the mere name of Jesus instill such hatred and controversy and why is just mentioning the name of Jesus taboo if He is a myth?

If Jesus and His resurrection was a myth, why did all the apostles die for what they knew to be a lie?

How have so many lives been transformed from unsatisfying, self-destructive behaviors that are like a curse on themselves, their families, and society to a purposeful, satisfying life that is a blessing to society?

How do you explain the wisdom that Jesus had when answering peoples questions when they tried to trick and trap Him?

How do you explain how Jesus fulfilled all the messianic prophecies in the Old Testament that could not have been fulfilled by random chance?

Why was Jesus crucified and why were the apostles murdered if it's all a myth?

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492805 Feb 23, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
....Our calendar is based upon the birth of Jesus both counting backwards (BC) before His birth and forwards (AD) after His birth. Why would we base our calendar on a myth?....
Based on that, the Gods Janus, Mars, Maia, Juno, Tiw, Woden, Thor, Frigg, Saturn are not myths either.

The rest of your "expalnations" are just as stupid.

<face palm>

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492806 Feb 23, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, I make my own hours...:) What cha doin' this weekend?
Was gonna go play, but am gonna do some read'n instead.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492807 Feb 23, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Without even getting into many detailed historical, archeological, scientific, and documentary facts,..
Good, there aren't many and I doubt you even understand the few that do.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#492808 Feb 23, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
I finally get that song!!!
Yep <3
.. shrooms ??..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
..........."What's your name??.........." 5 min Senecus 9
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min RiccardoFire 3,387
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Tigrizon 828,382
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Ink 584,105
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 min HipGnosis 442,861
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 15 min thetruth 9,316
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 38 min WildWeirdWillie 176,527
More from around the web