Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#492766 Feb 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is time for "Christians to have a 'Christian Pride Parade!
They already do. They have a Christian Mardi Gras parade in Mississippi, New York has a Christian Youth Parade, Toronto has a Jesus in the City parade. There are more...google "Christian parades".

Don't forget about the Easter parades.

There are Christmas parades that have mainly religious themes.

Christians already attend Pride parades...most as protesters. Though there are those that attend to support.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#492767 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you are allowing your bigotry to influence the discussion?
It is a shame your hatred of those of faith runs so deep that you can't even have a meaningful conversation with someone of faith because they believe in Christ
Do a little mental exercise just for fun
Read part of your post here to IANS
Hiding wrote
"Wow - wake up call! I never thought of it that way, but wow.
How true. Religion is organized stigma and hatred of the marginalized."
and then the next conversation you have with a Christian go into with even 1/100th of the same open-mindset to learning something and the possibility of being double wowed with a wake-up call to boot
It takes a combination of pride and ignorance to enter discussions assuming you can't learn anything because someone believes different than you. If nothing else it may at least help your bigotry by making an effort to find some common ground when talking to people of faith. Or I guess don't bother and stay on your tennis court and complain Christians don't leave you alone. But doing both just seems silly.
Bigotry is a difficult issue for you to grasp. I'm not displaying it by rejecting the purported reality of a believer of any religion.

The poster you refer to was engaged in a discussion with me about enculturation. That person subsequently acted as if their religion were real - and everyone else's were fiction.

What's the point in talking to someone like that? They quite clearly cannot understand anyone else's perspective - like you're displaying here.

For you, any critique of Christianity is bigotry. That prevents you from understanding anyone else's reality - any non-Christian point of view. And you call me a bigot for trying my best to explain how non-Christians are not like you.

You are so simple minded, it's incredible. Why are you this way? Did religion make you simple minded? If so, my gripe with your religion is justified.

Some stable somewhere

#492768 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response indicates that isn't truthful
Nope. It was truthful at that point. And just now I read one of your posts in full - what a mistake. I just got my daily dose of simpleton.

Moving on.

Some stable somewhere

#492769 Feb 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> AND..........was resurrected three days later.
That's just mythology.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#492770 Feb 23, 2013
For we wrestle not against the flesh and blood but against principalities,against powers,against the rulers of darkness of this world against wickedness in high places.Ephesians 6:12

For if God spared not the angels that sinned but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness to be reserved unto judgment.
2 Peter 2:4

The god of this world.2 Corinthians 4:4
The prince of this world.John 14:30
The prince of the power of the air.Ephesians 2:2

And he asked him what is thy name.And he answered saying My name is legion;for we are many.Mark 5:9

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492771 Feb 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry is a difficult issue for you to grasp. I'm not displaying it by rejecting the purported reality of a believer of any religion.
The poster you refer to was engaged in a discussion with me about enculturation. That person subsequently acted as if their religion were real - and everyone else's were fiction.
What's the point in talking to someone like that? They quite clearly cannot understand anyone else's perspective - like you're displaying here.
For you, any critique of Christianity is bigotry. That prevents you from understanding anyone else's reality - any non-Christian point of view. And you call me a bigot for trying my best to explain how non-Christians are not like you.
You are so simple minded, it's incredible. Why are you this way? Did religion make you simple minded? If so, my gripe with your religion is justified.
Actually I wasn't basing my opinion your are bigoted on that post. I think that post was a bi-product of your bigotry and an example of your pride and ignorance to assume meaningful conversations can't be had with people who believe in Christ

I base my opinion that you are bigoted based on comments as yours such as

"But you know what, I'd like it if you kept your religion to your houses, too. Keep it out of schools and out of government, please. You can write about it in obscure internet forums, like this one, if if pleases you.

But I don't want singalongs near my tennis courts or people lying to me about "taking a census," stopping me when I'm peacefully walking so they can talk about their stupid deity. Yes, keep your religion to yourself"

You are as bigoted as they come

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#492772 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Even your followers couldn't bring themselves to answer if you were lying as Tide said he didn't know, HL said she couldn't speak for you, and Hiding seemed unfamiliar with what the issue was
You've never made a case for any lie from me. All you need to do is post two contradictory statements with links, and explain why it must be a lie.

Contrast that with me calling you a moron.

I made the case, chronicling the evolution of our conversation on another thread last November. There can be no doubt after reading that that you are not smart enough to discern the difference between the words "proof" and "evidence". In fact, you weren't bright enough to realize that you should make the substitution even if you couldn't see why it mattered. Nor were you bright enough to even sense that you were at fault, nor to avoid casting aspersions and character slurs, nor even to see what you had done after it was all meticulously laid out for you.

Incidentally, my words are not slander. They're correct, and have been demonstrated to be so. You weren't bright enough to avoid any of that, which is characteristic of a moron.

By contrast, until you make the case that I lied - and you never will - your words are slander. If you could, you would have. If you already had, you could link us to it.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#492773 Feb 23, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Epiphany2;
OOPS here is the post Lol
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2011...
Thank you "Heavens Angel".....Satan blew it when he decided to "rebel" against God

Glad you are here.....

Location hidden

#492774 Feb 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. It was truthful at that point. And just now I read one of your posts in full - what a mistake. I just got my daily dose of simpleton.
Moving on.
You have now responded to every one of my posts except the ones asking you to clarify whether you feel man having oral sex with other men for sexual gratification doesn't mean they are gay in regular society

I personally don't care if you run from it. I am not sure why you would trash your own credibility in the process by making such a transparently phony claim to avoid responding to just those posts.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#492775 Feb 23, 2013
Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea for the devil is come down unto you having great wrath because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.Revelation 12:12

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.1 Timothy 4:1

Location hidden

#492776 Feb 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never made a case for any lie from me. All you need to do is post two contradictory statements with links, and explain why it must be a lie.
Contrast that with me calling you a moron.
I made the case, chronicling the evolution of our conversation on another thread last November. There can be no doubt after reading that that you are not smart enough to discern the difference between the words "proof" and "evidence". In fact, you weren't bright enough to realize that you should make the substitution even if you couldn't see why it mattered. Nor were you bright enough to even sense that you were at fault, nor to avoid casting aspersions and character slurs, nor even to see what you had done after it was all meticulously laid out for you.
Incidentally, my words are not slander. They're correct, and have been demonstrated to be so. You weren't bright enough to avoid any of that, which is characteristic of a moron.
By contrast, until you make the case that I lied - and you never will - your words are slander. If you could, you would have. If you already had, you could link us to it.
You are not even on the right subject Dr Doolittle

This is about your lie to Juicy denying you think all or most Christians are indoctrinated

I am not going back over your dishonest omitting of posts while "chronicling the evolution or any of your other lies. I can see it. Others can see it.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#492777 Feb 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, seriously, you alright man?
I no hate you because you is a homosexual writer. Hate would be if I as a Jesus follower tell you that all is well with you and your Creator while you believe having sex with another man is ok. no matter if you believe in God or not.
I would rather you hate me and I tell you the truth, than you think I your friend with a lie.
I not here recruiting for Christianity. Maybe some Christians here are, but not me.
Jesus say is His job to save, and my job to share. I can't save you, and Christianity can't do anything for you. Christianity is a philosophy. Jesus Christ is the point.
So no get the wrong idea. I no know you. You probably is a well rounded citizen and great person to be around. But the discussion is the discussion. We have opposing worldview, we going to clash. But I hope you no take it to heart.
It may look like this come out of nowhere, but to me you writing defeated. I hope you alright. If all is well with you, disregard this writing and we can go back to we discussion about homosexuality.
I not a homosexual writer.

I no hate you writer.

I alright.
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#492778 Feb 23, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =y1AwsFQx3tcXX
Sorry about the some of the language in those two videos. I was hopin' to find one that didn't have it.
mike

AOL

#492779 Feb 23, 2013
simplyput wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is time for "Christians to have a 'Christian Pride Parade!
That will never happen, the pastors/pimps will be fighting over who leads..."The tower of Babel" effect, that's why there is a church on every corner.

Pride is the destroyer of christianity, one day of gathering as a whole would speak volume.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#492780 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
You have now responded to every one of my posts except the ones asking you to clarify whether you feel man having oral sex with other men for sexual gratification doesn't mean they are gay in regular society
I personally don't care if you run from it. I am not sure why you would trash your own credibility in the process by making such a transparently phony claim to avoid responding to just those posts.
Lakers eked out a victory last night.

And stop with the oral sex stuff already.

It's too early in the morning for that.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#492781 Feb 23, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Today's Prayer
Dear God, There is nothing like the feeling of being loved! You created us to love and be loved...and I thank you for all the love you have given me and shown me throughout all my days. Thank you for all the special touches and blessings that let me know you care about even the smallest details of my life and that you love me no matter what. Thank you for friends who are there for me...and that I can be there for...through the seasons of life. Thank you for the love of parents and children and extended family. I am grateful for the love in my life. I pray that every person will experience love...especially your unending, far-reaching, peace-bringing, merciful and unconditional love. I love you. In the name of Jesus I pray and offer my whole-hearted love and thankfulness. Amen.
Prime Time with God
Amen.

Location hidden

#492782 Feb 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lakers eked out a victory last night.
And stop with the oral sex stuff already.
It's too early in the morning for that.
Actually I cleaned up the language quite a bit since Hiding was the one who gave some very explicit details about what goes where during the act

But it is too early for an adult conversation? I am sorry you find talk of a sexual nature so traumatizing that you need a certain amount of time to pass during the day before you are able to deal with it

And my reason for asking it because if she applies this same thinking to society in general it appears to be very contradictory to the claim people are born a certain way. At bare minimum I am interested in how one would reconcile the two thoughts

I know when some of you do things like avoid a post and are not honest about avoiding it that you will try to use whatever diversionary tactic you can. Just like saying four times yesterday I said i would drop it when I never did as Hiding continued to make more and more bigoted posts.

But for future reference what time of day are you able to handle such discussions? Nah, just kidding. I know that wasn't your problem. I mean IANS is posting about school children supposedly being killed over prayer being taken out of school and you are cool with that. I guess it is early enough to talk about dead kids but gay sex you need some time to adjust to?

You really need to stop with the hypocrisy Catcher. It is bordering on plain dishonest
mike

AOL

#492783 Feb 23, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea for the devil is come down unto you having great wrath because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.Revelation 12:12
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.1 Timothy 4:1
Hello lil whispers

I can't wait for the Big Finale!

What cha got planned?..."fire" from heaven?...walking on water?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#492784 Feb 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
This is what you are referring to? Why do you wait so long to present these things? I could have explained when you first made the "liar" accusation.

Of course I believe that most or all Christians are indoctrinated. Why would I deny that? I was objecting to Juicy putting paraphrased words in quotation marks and calling them mine, something that you had done.

There is no intention to deceive or misrepresent the truth here. I do not lie. I have no need or reason to.

But you slander.
Illuminatrix wrote:
That's just sad.
O_O
This whole issue has all been very unfortunate.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#492785 Feb 23, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Good early morning GW, I am pretty familiar with Percy Sledge, my mom loved his signature hit song 'when a man loves a woman', beautiful song.
To tell the truth, although classic R&B is my primary favovite among worldly music, I really like numerous songs from practically all genre's of music, same goes for honest and sincere hymns that lifts up our Lord snd Saviour in spirit and IN truth, what I do not like however is hip hop rapping music that claims to glorify the Lord Jesus with it's loud lyric's, to me that type of "music" just doesn't jive with the spirit of God IMHO, what do you think?
Good Morning Lawest,
I personally don't like Christian Rap music either. I can't understand what they are saying at all. LOL. I went to a Christian concert at Carowinds once with the church youth group and there was an artist there that sung Christian rap. His band was named Lecrae. I couldn't wait for his show to end another band to start until I started watching all those young teens as they listen to him sing and they understood every word that the man was saying and was praising God with that type of music. I started thinking about my teen years and how so many adults hated the rock n roll music that I listened to back then. I guess what I am trying to say is this...As long as that noise ( i mean music) is uplifting the Lord to those kids and they are actually praising God, then I can grin and bear it for their sake. They are a whole different generation and we can't expect them to listen to "old church hymns and like it just becuase we do"..LOL I also listened to Toby Mac when he sang and all his songs are based on scripture. The youth today need to hear these scriptures and if those Rappin Christian songs teach them to memorize those verses, I can bear with the beat and rhymes fir their sake..LOL Thats my opinion anyway. Have a great weekend Lawest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 100,158
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min RiversideRedneck 980,113
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 1 hr coco 57
Ring Payments 2 hr annaleighanne 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 10 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 11 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web