Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492727 Feb 23, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you'll first have to knockoff Scar, Tide, Catcher and HFY ..
.. anyway, do you happen to know the devil's last name ??..
I would imagine

I didn't see this till now

Just out of curiosity what happened to the apology?

I don't need one nor would I ask for one but you did offer when you said it was important people understand when they keep making the same mistakes and if others told you that you defend IANS besides Shrink, which several did, then instead of trying to get me to admit I am wrong that you would admit it you do defend him a lot and apologize.

I won't bring it up again but I mention it because it is part of the reason I feel what's being posted to me and what the agenda is are not always the same thing.

Anyway, with that in mind I will do what I can to answer your question. I am unaware of any formal last name given to Lucifer in the bible. What is the reason you are asking?

Location hidden

#492728 Feb 23, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KAp9sFVdERQXX [Monty Python]
And that statement is true

It was a waste of time arguing with you over synonyms and technicalities when I know others could see what was going on very clearly

It is also why you keep refusing to define "church" or to explain how the "church" is a parasite

I am glad people are getting a good look at the "ethics" you champion while promoting your hatred of Christians

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#492729 Feb 23, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are in denial of obvious facts...and cherrypicking. The very nonsense that are trying to accuse me of rather than to refute the evidence that is at hand and "hard", such as vitrification of buildings, stone and desert sands all over the world...the quarrying and precision stone megalith structures...the manuals for building and flying different aircrafts and groundcraft and the pilot procedures and healthcare...explanations of different levels of the atmosphere and their affects on flying different types of crafts.
All written many centuries ago(some in clay).
Pop culture?--hardly.
Religion can not stand up to it and neither do you magicians that call yourselves Science and advocates for truth.
You can NOT stand to have your paradigms messed with by true hard facts of an evolution you can not place in a nice neat little "box"--just like the Abrahamic religions have. In that respect, you are both cowards and not truthful nor honest in your quests or labels.
Your attempt to make my comments appear impossible or ridiculous or insane pop culture is an evasive attempt to not have to answer the prevailing questions and deal with ALL the facts of history.
If you refuse to look and equate, you will never find actuality or truth.
How true. I neglect the nuclear craters and radioactive monuments left behind by the first farmers.

After all, we're talking about a people for whom the latest in new technology was a stone grinder. Take a mallet, smash a large stone just right and you can divide it in two. Then, it can be used to crush wheat which, at the time, still had hard shells. The wheat we have now was yet to evolve.

In fact, early farming people didn't have iron age technology. They had yet to invent the plow. But what geniuses they were, using only stone tools to create nuclear weapons!

My mistake. I'm totally in error here - I'll try to remember that all written accounts are 100% real (especially if they're on the Internet). George Lucas is a historian who reports on the facts from a galaxy far, far away, a long, long time ago. And Gene Roddenberry is a time traveling journalist, whose reports are reports of the future are recorded visually, in story format, for our information hungry minds.

Please. You're just spouting bs you've gleaned from Internet sources. I don't know why you believe that nonsense, but you seem to.

Go on a dig site. Learn how real archaeology - real science - works. Don't give me this garbage and accuse me of not know what I'm talking about. You don't know the first thing about archaeological research and you are so naive as to believe in the fictitious stories told to you by crazed writers.

Location hidden

#492730 Feb 23, 2013
<quoted text>
hahaha
"I don't hate the sinner. I hate the sin."
hahahahahahaha
Pretty funny, huh?
Sins are actions considered wrong by our faith so while we are not to hate the person we have an obligation to stand against the immoral act.

You said:

"Nor am I bigoted against Christians. I detest their infection."

Since you are talking about all Christians, what is the "infection"? If you truly don't hate Christians and just detest their "infection" you must have an example that all the hundreds of millions of Christians do which is an "infection" I would presume?

I realize you didn't hide behind the word "church" this time

It should be interesting to see what you feel is the infection of Christians and how at the same time you aren't a bigot.

The irony is if people ever do get to the point here they are able to coexist and don't hate millions of people whom they have never met it will mean people that think like you will be among those ostracized. For all your grandiose ideas at the heart of it all you are just one more person funneling hate into the world and in complete denial over it.At least most people that are bigoted are honest enough to say so. I know that's not saying much but its more than what you do

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#492731 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt say it only applied to gays. I simply mentioned one group it applies to. Clearly there isnt anything wrong with stating facts is there? Just because gays dont have to apologize or even inform someone if they give someone aids thru buttplay unless someone can prove they did so intentionally isnt a negative implication about gays in general and their ethics. Sure I used a term like buttplay (kinda like asking the sky for forgiveness) and listed something only someone with terrible morality would do. But technically I did nothing but state the law and didnt make any negative implication about gays. Welcome to the world of IANS.
Okay...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#492733 Feb 23, 2013

Likewise with your church. Every priest and pastor has been switched out countless times, as is true of every congregant, every building and every bible and hymnal. What persists is an evolving institution - a set of tradition, a way of knowing, an ethical system, a metaphysical system, a psychology, a methodology, a doctrine and the like. It has an existence independent of any person or physical object.
That is the church. I have posted this definition many times.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm not gonna play these were games with you. "The church" IS people.
There's no way you can talk your way out of it
I thinkthat what you mean is that there is no way that I can explain it to you.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's the people you're pissed off at, or sad for, or whatever you want to call it.
Are those the same thing to you - "pissed off at" and "sad for"? Is that what you mean by me playing word games?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But it is not an empty building that you call "the church" that bothers you
And is that what you gleaned from my definition of "church"? An empty building? You don't seem to be able to understand what an abstraction like an ideology is.

Do you disesteem Communism? If so, what is it you don't like? The Cuban people? Copies of Das Kapital?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
it's the people inside that building and the laws and rules they represent and they force down your throat.
Not the people. Their ideas, yes, but not the people. If we could aspirate back out of their heads the foul ideas that their church has injected into them and replace them with something healthier, I would approve of those very same people.

The people are just vectors for The Very Bad Idea.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I really don't understand how many bad churches you had to go to before you came to your conclusion that Christian people are bad people, but I do feel sorry for you.
If you were correct, what reason would I have to conceal that fact. I don't try to conceal my feelings about the people that I feel contempt for. Ask Dim. If there were fifty Dims, I'd tell you how little I think of all of them.

When I told Dim that I considered him and his religion useless, there was a reason for citing them separately, namely, that my contempt for his church is distinct from my feelings about anybody in it. When I dislike Christians, it is individually, and not for being Christian.

My opinion of most Christians is admittedly pretty low. This thread has reinforced that.

But it's not hatred. I would love to help them if it were possible.

Some stable somewhere

#492734 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I knew you wouldnt answer. Family is important. So if fighting against bigotry. Hope when you hug your husband he isnt using his mouth to some hug some guy. See as much as you want to exit like some moral person who respects family you have promoted and/or defended bigotry at its worst. Bigotry that you would go crazy about if done to another group. When yoju are at home check out the first mirror you see. I dont know how you became the last to know but there will be a huge bigot staring back at you. You want to destroy freedom of religion and defend Cristians having to segregate themselves fro society even if preaching a msg of love just because they are Christians. You are the enemy you fight against. How ironic
I answered you over and over. You're too stupid to understand. I can't help that. I tried.

Fennario

#492735 Feb 23, 2013
Adam wrote:
What's going on nowadays behind closed doors in the churches is absolute and scandal.
I blame the banning of school prayer in American public schools. Jehovah allegedly butchered a slew of children in Connecticut over it, so why not this too?

Some stable somewhere

#492736 Feb 23, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate it, Hidingfromyou, but apologies aren't necessary. I enjoy the exchange. Allow me to say this, though...
First, they're considered "stories" to the scientific world, but I believe it's reasonable to wonder "Why?" I believe that especially in those that are involved in any form of science, that pride and ego reigns supreme. I mean, if anything, it's hard to imagine that anyone has ever been, or is, more intelligent than we are! And only certain and particular scientists after us might be more intelligent! I mean, this might seem foolish to you, but look at if from my perspective, please and if you will.
Check out the movie, "Independence Day." I mean, these extra-terrestrial beings, with the technology they had, decided to attack Earth. And we, with our limited technology in comparison, defeated them. When Japan owned "Godzilla," Godzilla couldn't be defeated. When the U.S. bought "Godzilla," the U.S. killed the king of the monsters! Do you understand where I'm coming from?
I think it's important that we acknowledge that in the places these "story-tellers" have mentioned, the sands of time, literally and for the most part, have covered much of history. That was my reason for mentioning the Sphinx. There are so many "wonders" that science still can't explain that the question, "How?", remains needful of a reasonable answer. I mean, like the example I shared earlier, if we destroyed ourselves in a nuclear holocaust, and all that we accomplished became lost to the sands of time, what would our generations, 10,000 years after us, think of us? What, that we accomplished today, would remain after 10,000 years? Would there be enough evidence to prove that we weren't as primitive as they might think we were? Would evidence of nuclear blasts still remain after 10,000 years? How would we know?
How do we know?
1. Right. Stories.

2. Science explains the Sphinx perfectly, despite what you've been reading.

3. Stories tell wonderful tales.

4. No writing from 10 000 years ago exists. The earliest recognizable writing is from about 5000 years ago.

5. Any pre-modern writing that purports to describe any event from 10 000 years ago is pure fiction, especially if they include technology that did not exist 10 000 years ago, like metal weapons.

6. Your interpretation of the writing, that it describes nuclear war, is only possible because of your familiarity with nuclear war. If you could read the writing in its original tongue and understand its audience-targeted meaning, you'd realize something else entirely.

7. Believe whatever you want. Until you do actual archaeology, you don't understand how information about the past is generated.

Location hidden

#492737 Feb 23, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay...
Trust me, it was as uncomfortable to write as it probably was to read

But that is how preposterous it is for someone to give a scenario only someone with terrible morals would engage in, then mock the group as a whole, and then try to claim they were not inferring anything negative

I really do hope when substituting "gay" for "Christian" in some of his posts it helps people to see just how bigoted he really is

Such as the example

"I don't hate gays, I despite their infection"

People are somehow making the argument because people choose to be in a faith that teaches love everybody, do unto others as you would have others do unto you, give to the poor, turn the other cheek, forgive seventy times seven, etc, etc that somehow they are deserving of hate whereas gays are not because they are born that way. I am lost on why in and of itself being a Christian is something so bad that those who have chosen to be one are deserving of the hate. There has been no attempt to distinguish by behavior or practice and as Hiding said nobody knows 99% of all Christians yet they comfortably hate them as a group anyway

The irony is if Christians are so indoctrinated as people say since childhood then there is not much difference between being born gay or being indoctrinated into the faith as far as what someone is

Sorry, you know I can write a long post to anything! But I hope it is clear why I am making the comparisons I have been making. IANS wants to limit Christians to practicing their faith to their homes and churches and wants to get rid of any Christian influence in society or politics even if he agrees with it just because it comes from Christians. Can you imagine the reaction if someone was told be gay in your home or club but don't bring it in public?

Just like as Christians we are warned of sheep in wolves clothing, the worse possible thing for a "humanist" movement is to have a bigot at its helm. If people are serious about making the world a better place they need to start by addressing the bigotry in their own backyard

JMO

(T) Peace

Location hidden

#492738 Feb 23, 2013
Edit

despise not despite

Some stable somewhere

#492739 Feb 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Rather than rely on wild interpretation, I rely on evidence. It has nothing to do with dogma.
You have convinced yourself that nuclear weapons existed 10 000 years ago and are now searching for anything, no matter how remote, to back up your claims. You're even willing to read only certain passages in mythological books and ignore all the stuff that doesn't speak to your ideas.
Sorry, but that's much more like fundamentalism than my position of relying on evidence. Show me the craters. Show me the radioactive battlefields. Show me the infrastructure early agriculturalists used to build their centrifuges and nuclear power plants. Or their mine shafts and refining centers for the uranium.
Please...the entire premise is laughable.
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Now you are capable of reading my mind?
Uh...no. Were you joking the entire time? I've just been going off what you're writing. And it's pretty fantastic, in the literal sense of the word.
If you relied on evidence, then you would be conducting studies into those findings that are unearthed rather than trying to bury them in misinformation and ridicule.
No, it's not my area of research. Those areas have been researched by archaeologists - and, guess what, no nuclear wars happened when people were just learning how to grow wheat crops.
Most of what you refer to is and has been available for years.
You experts ignore it at all costs.
Why?
hahahha!

Yes. We experts cover up the evidence that you non-experts "know" exists because you've read stories on the Internet tell you it exists! Therefore it must! Because we all know that everything written on the Internet and in books is 150% true. Plus 100% and more!

Why, just last week I had to re-bury the Enterprize NCC 1701-D because, gosh, we just couldn't let that get out, could we? Then we'd have to disclose our secret dealings with the aliens and tell the general public about how we learned to build skyscrapers. No, nope. We can't have that.

Fennario

#492740 Feb 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
????
How's this:
" am not bigoted against gays. I detest their infection. "
You're such a fluckin bigot. You just don't know it.
Are you saying that Christianity is bigotry? That is essentially what it teaches after substituting "sin nature" for "infection." What is sin nature to a Christian but an infection of the human spirit with something evil, right?
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#492741 Feb 23, 2013
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id... Yeah,but if Kobe's WRONG,I guess we'll see pictures of him on the bench 'peering' out at the world in disgust,from between his fingers again,and dropping 'F' bombs at NBA referees,huh??

Some stable somewhere

#492742 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>No I didnt. Do your credibility a favor. And sorry so long as you defend bigots and so long as your friends defend bigots I will continue to point it out.I dont know what gave you the idea your friends would have impunity to spread their bigotry in here but some Christians will always fight it. I stand up for what is right. Dont you remember when you tried to use that against me as a sleazy tactic? What now you dont like it? Interesting but not surprising
Catcher's credibility has never been an issue here. But you're quite fond of trashing your own.

PEACE

Some stable somewhere

#492743 Feb 23, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Lol...wow....have someone smarter than you, like a 2nd grader, help you understand I was merely taking an equally bigoted position to help u see your own bigotry. I would never actually think like u. But if I did I would say like u did here please keep homosexuals out of schools and politics and I dont want to see their singalongs or gay pride parades. You may be a bigger bigot than ians. No wonder Catcher wanted me to stop. Thxs for showing ppl who you really are
Yeah. The secret is out. 2nd graders are smarter than me. I tried, oh, Buddha knows how I tried, to keep that a secret. Please don't tell anyone. It's quite embarrassing.

Pooh!!!

What? Don't you like my fingerpainting???

Location hidden

#492744 Feb 23, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered you over and over. You're too stupid to understand. I can't help that. I tried.
Please link your reply to whether or not you would believe your husband that he was not gay if you caught him in a sexual act with another man

You not only didn't answer over and over but you didn't answer at all

I know you gave some explanation of why (I wish you hadn't used this example but I unfortunately have no choice but to repeat it) if a man was having oral sex with another man in prison it wouldn't mean he was gay

I am trying to understand if you are limiting that strange, strange statement to within prisons or if it would apply equally to regular society

Truthfully I can't imagine anyone else making the argument a man having oral sex with another man doesn't mean he is gay but if that's your argument and if it applies to society as well then you are actually arguing homosexual sex is a lifestyle choice and doesn't even necessarily have to do with orientation correct?

I am sorry but if guys can have oral sex with other guys and not be gay in your opinion I don't know how you argue someone is born gay. And especially if your are making this argument in general and not limiting it to prisons. I personally think you are dead wrong and while a lot of people are born gay, in some rare cases people can choose to be gay. But any time you want to actually answer my question regarding your husband or provide the link showing you already did then let me know.

Some stable somewhere

#492745 Feb 23, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>what?
a person no have a choice but to protect they own subjective realty, because no one on the earth is like them. that no obvious lady? what in the name of star trek you talking about? We can empathize with someone yes, but you can never fully experience another person subjective realty. and if you disagree, tell me how [you[ do that?
So let me ask you this, whats to prevent someone enculturated in say the amazon from trusting in Jesus Christ as they personal lord and savior and have access to YHWH God through Jesus.
Now I never say Christianity, that different thing, that religion. read carefully. on the basis of what you write in this writing, what's to stop someone enculturated in another culture making Jesus Christ they savior upon hearing or reading of the Gospels? tell me.
We aren't having a meaningful discussion here. It's because you're under the illusion that Jesus is a real deity, and that the Christian pantheon is the "one, true religion."

I don't think I can explain my position on enculturation any clearer than I did. But, hey, on the bright side, you're a perfect example.
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#492746 Feb 23, 2013
Old School Granny wrote:
Good Morning Just Wondering,
You have chosen a very good topic, we definetely don't deserve His constant forgiveness do we.
River Spirit emailed me a beautiful picture the other day of Jesus carrying the cross to calvary, that picture is so moving, just the thought of where He was going and for what reasons.
I've been op Topix since the end of July and to read all the sacriligious postings of Jesus is sometimes nearly unbearable for me, it sure makes my heart wonder how Jesus Himself feels. To know that He gave His all only to be interpretted so vile and malicious by many.
Hopefully we can meet soon and enjoy a nice dinner and strengthen our friendship. Until then may God be with you and keep you in His tender loving care.
Lovingly Sister in Christ -- Granny
Sorry, Jesus died 2000 years ago!
Doctor REALITY

Conway, AR

#492747 Feb 23, 2013
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id... Mark Cuban has a history is saying stuff that get's him in trouble,and quite frankly,I think he thrives on it,and he knows when he's going to likely be fined for saying certain things,and he doesn't care. But I have to agree with him that Kobe's league-leading salary is a problem for the Lakers,a team that is doing awful under his self-centered leadership.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min old_moose 31,477
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min kent 687,393
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min speedyj1992 987,394
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 45 min HFCS - What It Is 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr Peter Ross 6,492
the REAL reasons O.J. Simpson beat murder charges 4 hr Doctor REALITY 31
News Abortion issue looms over Supreme Court choice (May '09) 6 hr Ricky F 2,335
More from around the web