“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#492533 Feb 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man..Chris, you fellas really do see yourselves as martyrs
for Christ..
So all the anger dispair confusion caused in the Name of Christ..
is ok. because you are a martyr and will die a martyr?
No matter what or whom is left in your wake??
You believe Christ needs a martyr to further His Kingdom?
I don't- I sincerely do not!
I believe He needs more to Love in His Name, and less to think
they need to die/kill in order for His Kingdom to reign..
Would it be such a bother for the extreme Christians to realize-
Christ doesn't need you or your brawn- for His will to be done?
You didn't answer my question, have you read the book? Btw no I don't see myself like that. I think its rare to be martyed for the Lord and doubt it will happen to me or anyone I know. Told you before I am not angry, say it all you want Le Le. And no, Gods will be done and His kingdom will come in His good time, nothing will stop that. Its something I learned, a person will either be a part of it or this earth that will fail. Could be wrong here but I don't think you and I would agree on what love is. This is something else I can thank my wife for as she would agree that you don't have love without truth. Truth and error the bible calls it. Some that profess Christ have said God loves and never speak of what happens after this short life. If they know and don't warn to me thats not love. I do think at times its best to pray before you speak as if a person isn't first prepared by God a mans words be pointless.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#492534 Feb 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear- you have the right to post as you see fit..
Hope you continue to.
Who is weaker??
What in the world are you saying??
We all make a choice to come here and engage or not..
I am not for "free passes" regarding intellect and knowledge..
and the lack there of..
Grammar?? lol..come on.. so what??
If it's an issue with one's well being- why not have them run
their
posts by you before they post them..
How 'bout some here- try on (for size) being a gay young adult-
and happening
upon this thread w Jesus' Name in the title..
-why should Jesus love me-
And seeing how those that "follow" this Jesus fellow- feel about/regard their soul, their well being..
Come on-- are you being for real?
Honestly Serah?
Yes, because they came here for the reason to drag this out..... but hopefully, this topix of sexuality will die off, it has had more than it's nine days of wonder, and we can write of more uplifting postings than insult after insult.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#492535 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm..so much for just words on a page. I should hae known if anything would get you going it would be a post about Ians. at what point does that start to embarass you? Fawn over him if you want but if u r going to call me stupid u may want to wait to see how your hero defines 'church'. I have asked him repeatedly. it is obvious he uses the term to couch his bigotry.
You said you were going to drop it.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#492536 Feb 22, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
that is what I like humans like you and Skom
my story is simmilar,only I was young political violent rebel in prison for 5 years, and get in the prison kitchen during winter frozen heating system (prison was in swamps) deep down north)so kind of incredible call and all darkness around me fall down like curtain, after this came to me really heavenly hope-as assurance, and next day approach to me in prison with Bible JW who was in prison term for refusing miltary service,
after releasing to depart from rebels and political involvement,
I join JW service for many years as misionary
ONLY CONSTANT DISSAGREEMENTS WITH THEM ABOUT BIBLE,ALLOWED ME WITH HELP OF HOLY SPIRIT AFTER 30 YEARS TO DEPART FROM THIS ORGANIZATION SHORT AFTER ABOMINATION AND DESOLATIONS WHO STAND IN ALL HOLY PLACES-AND END OF ALL EARTHLY CHURCHES.
Strange but it is TRUTH
it was and is difficult to agree with man made teachings,or their leadership ,I always remind Gal 5;1....and take light YOKE OF ONLY JESUS CHRIST
It is also very difficult to deal with daily life, or world friendship,or world teachings
I GUESS
GOD DESIGNED US TO FOLLOW IN THIS WORLD WILDERNISS WITHOUT OF ANY EARTHLY FRIENDSHIP ACCORDING TO PSALM 107;3-14
13/THEN THEY CRIED UNTO THE LORD IN THEIR TROUBLE,AND HE SAVED THEM OUT OF DISTRESSES///
14/HE BROUGHT THEM OUT OF DARKNESS AND THE SHADOW OF THE DEATH......
God bless you GW
Interesting, explains a lot.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#492537 Feb 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man..Chris, you fellas really do see yourselves as martyrs
for Christ..
So all the anger dispair confusion caused in the Name of Christ..
is ok. because you are a martyr and will die a martyr?
No matter what or whom is left in your wake??
You believe Christ needs a martyr to further His Kingdom?
I don't- I sincerely do not!
I believe He needs more to Love in His Name, and less to think
they need to die/kill in order for His Kingdom to reign..
Would it be such a bother for the extreme Christians to realize-
Christ doesn't need you or your brawn- for His will to be done?
Btw since I'm about to go to bed and may miss your answer I will get to my point. In foxes book of martyrs many that were sent to the flames were done by the religious. Food for thought.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492538 Feb 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not moving on, are you?
You accuse others of all sorts of things.
But you yourself don't keep your word.
First I never gave my word I would move on. Second I said "on most things" or something to that effect I wasnt going to bother with any more but it is important to expose bigots who bash the faith as the bigots they are. Gee I am so sorry its ok for your bigoted friends to come in here and spew their bigotry but you dont want to see them called out on their bigotry any longer. Here is a simple solution. They can stop saying bigoted things!

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#492539 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I like Lewis Black...
He's alright.
Skombolis wrote:
I dont care for the other two but I dont happen to like many female comedians.
Agreed. Ellen Degeneres, to me and doing stand-up, though, is hilarious!
Skombolis wrote:
Lisa Lamponelli has had some funny roasts on Comedy Central.
I can't stand her, but I think she's hilarious the more racist she gets! I mean, they're only jokes, so...
Skombolis wrote:
I personally think like Bill Maher can take it too far although I like some of his stuff.
I love Bill Maher, but because he makes people think, too.
Skombolis wrote:
Entertainers or comedians or whatever is their right imo as they cater to a specific audience as a job. I personally dont see an anti-Christian agenda just in regular tv but i dont watch a lot of shows either. Pretty much Criminal Minds and Law and Order
My father, the most pro-black person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, used to say, "If it weren't for stereotypes, there'd be no comedy." And that included racial stereotypes. But, my father taught me a lesson. Jokes are jokes and should be experienced as such. And with intelligence, we should be able to distinguish those that are said to produce laughter/laughter or hatred/laughter. When I was affiliated with the Black Hebrew Israelites, it was said many times, "The only good white man is a dead white man," and it produced laughter. But, considering that my own mother was half Native American/half French, I didn't find such comments as humorous. I ignored it for a long time, but the time came when I had to depart. Anyway...

Jokes is jokes. Entertainment is entertainment. Movies are movies. Television is television. And no matter what, we get out of it what we want to. Personally, I thought "Mein Kampf" was a pretty good book that explained a lot even though most critics, even those of German descent, thought it was a disgrace to the literary world.

Sorry. I had a 22-ounce of Steel Reserve tonight, that a visiting neighbor brought me. It's amazing how these things affect you when you hardly drink anymore! I'm done now.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#492540 Feb 22, 2013
But when the comforter is come whom I will send unto you from the Father even the Spirit of truth which proceedeth from the Father He shall testify of Me.John 15:26
Sora

San Diego, CA

#492541 Feb 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. any solution must be open to all people regardless of religion, culture or nation. We will never achieve peace on our shrinking planet unless our peace is respectful of everybody ..
.. the only solution I can imagine is to rely on the relevant evidence regarding homosexuality with open-mindedness, honesty and reasonableness ..
.. to this solution any person of good-will should be able to agree. But, some churches stand in direct opposition to this solution. Some staunch bible-believers seem to think that, because they hold something as true, it is true, period, and no one should dare call it wrong ..
.. am I mistaken, unfair or unkind to say outright that such thinking is irrational? Some posters on this thread know nothing of coherent reasoning or evidenced argument, they don't want to know about it. Instead, they post rants about immoral perverts ..
.. how can anyone ever debate someone from such a position? The impossibility of any discussion evinces the irrationality of their prejudiced position ..
.. please, don't reply to this post. I'm just venting. Will be returning to my normal position of not responding to the hate spewed by SOME 'good' Christians on this thread ..
Bonsoir Madame as you know Seraphine and I agree on this. I am fully aware that you have asked none to comment but I wanted to say that reason and civility to some is irrationality itself. As you know we have no hatred nor biases toward any person as it should be but in my opinion a debate should only be conducted with those who are of sound mind and of a rational and calm mind. In regards to your next thought the Hillsboro Baptist Church comes to mind and many others as well who do not act in a humanistic and Christ-like manner indeed who are we to pass judgement? The "open-mindedness, honesty and reasonableness .." as you put it so eloquently exists but only amongst a few of us here sadly, hopefully Seraphine end I are among those few who uphold the banner of all human life is sacred irregardless of sexual orientation and the like. I apologize for responding to this but I wanted to share with you my thoughts on the subjects you speak of here.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#492542 Feb 22, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Hidingfromyou.
Personally, I found the theories of those theorists fascinating! I mean, a lot is hard to believe, but it's still fascinating, to me, nonetheless. And "hard" doesn't mean "impossible."
I think that it's important that we not forget that these theorists admit, without hesitation, that they only share theories. And when we think about it, we should be humble enough to admit that these theories are more than what other professionals have offered us, for a good part. Erich Von Daniken is one of my favorites. And I'll admit, as skeptical as I am, that he makes some excellent points and asked some reasonable questions. One of Daniken's questions is in regards to the imagination of these ancient and presumed "primitive" peoples. He wonders how such "primitive" peoples could have thought of such advanced technologies and mechanisms without having a foundation to build off of? Then, he gives examples as to how people that live in the densest of jungles, isolated from the rest of the world, would describe an account where men descended, in their territory, from a helicopter, did whatever it was they set out to do, then ascended back into their helicopter and disappeared as quickly as they came?
All these theorists are saying is: What's the possibility? If we destroyed ourselves with nuclear weapons and only a few survived, what would the new population, 10,000 years from now, think of us after seeing our decayed ruins? If you can remember, when the Sphinx was discovered, only the head was visible. And how many other cities were found under sand?
The theorists are sharing theories and nothing else. They've admitted that. And I accept that. But, regardless, their theories are worthy of consideration, if you ask me.
I apologize, but they're not "theories" in the scientific sense, but "stories."

We can create an hypothesis for your scenario. It's quite easy. Hypothesis A: a nuclear bomb was released 10 000 years ago in a battle that took place prior to the development of iron technology."

Our null hypothesis will be "a nuclear bomb was not set off at that time."

Then we go out and look for evidence. Do we have a blast crater? Do we find an area of increased radioactivity that cannot be explained by normal, natural activities, like yellow cake? Do we find the evidence of a nuclear blast - rock melted, turned into glass, ionized carbon imprints, etc.?

There's a lot of evidence to suggest that early agriculturalists did not have the technology described in those stories. They didn't have the kinds of weapons and armor described in those stories, let alone the technology necessary to create a nuclear weapon. That would suggest to any historian or archaeologist that these accounts were written well after the iron age had begun. It would also suggest that a naive contemporary reading of it, if the piece itself isn't a hoax, in English, which is not the original language, isn't going to be helpful.

I have to apologize here - I've seen accounts like this before, I know the history channel produces all kinds of trash TV, etc - and I know archaeology fairly well for a number of reasons. I work with archaeologists and include a lot of archaeology in the classes I teach.

So, you'll have to forgive me, but I have never once seen any kind of evidence to back up these contemporary myths about the past. They're just stories passed around by people who, for whatever reason, find some romantic interest in claiming that modern technology existed prior to us.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492543 Feb 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you were going to drop it.
Clearly, Skom didn't mean the words he wrote upon these pages. How can you hold him accountable for his word???

How terrible of you, Catcher!
Sora

San Diego, CA

#492544 Feb 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
These days, even vampires sparkle.
I wanna see the movie "Blade vs. the Entire Cast of Twilight".
Bonsoir Madame Tam, I would like to see it as well. Who do you believe will win the battle?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#492545 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I will let you know when I want your approval for what posts to me i can reply to. And I specifically said the one thing I wasnt going to drop was exposing bigots who hate the faith as the bigots they are. Go back and read my post. But I understand why you would want me too as the last post shows Ians for what he is quite clearly
It's not that.

You are just going around and around, repeating yourself over and over and over.

For Pete's sake, give it a break.

We already know how you feel.

We really do.

Really.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492547 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>actually engaging is gay sex is a choice. Just like being a Christian is a choice. So its not bigoted to say despite a Revolutionary War fought in part to ensure religious freedom that you want to stop the spread of Christianity whose official teachings are love everyone and its ok to hate them (as some clearly do)because they chose to be Christian? Ians says he's ok if we limit our faith just to our churches and homes. So is it ok to say its ok to be gay but you cant choose to enagage in gay sex and to please keep your gayness limited to your houses and clubs cus we dont want ur gay influences on society or in politics? Face it..your a bigot and Ians is a bigger bigot
Actually, people who are not gay do not engage in gay sex.

They engage in sex.

I'm struggling while trying to articulate the rest of my thoughts on that.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#492548 Feb 22, 2013
Howbeit when He the Spirit of truth is come He will guide you into all truth;for he shall not speak of Himself;but whatsoever He shall hear,that shall He speak;and He will shew you things to come.
John 16:13

Note;
The spirit speaks(1 Timothy 4:1)
The spirit teaches(Corinthians 2:3)
The spirit bears witness(Romans 8:16)
The spirit makes intercession(Romans 8:26)
The spirit distruibutes the gifts(1 Corinthians 12:11)
The spirit invites the sinner(Revelation 22:17)
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#492549 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi PW..
I do understand. I met a lot of very interesting women in there. It was while I was in prison that I came to understand just how powerful sin was in the lives of humans and WHY Jesus came to set us free from the condemnation and grip that sin holds on us all. I was in there with murderers, women who killed their own children and those who molested children and or abused them.One women burned her 3 week old infant while he was sleeping in his crib. Blanch Tyler Moore aka The Black Widow, who poisoned 3 different husbands was in that prison also but since she was on death row, she was seperated from regular population. I lived with all kinds of people from all walks of life, cultures and religions. We had to learn to accept one another, there was No way out!! LOL..I lived with all races of people and had to deal with racism on a daily basis. It was there that I learned to Love ALL races and understand their cultures a little better. We are ALL people regardless of color,crime,sexual preferances and religion. I am still friends with a lot of those ex-inmates and have them on my facebook page even now. Nobody could ever guess who they are because they have all become wonderful citizens, loving mothers and grandmothers. Their lives were changed also and most of them continued in their careers or started their own businesses, but most importantly, they continue to follow Jesus Christ and most of them have regained custody of their children if the state happen to take them away due to drug use or crimes not relating to child abuse. Gods Grace can change anybody and it has taught me that no matter what a person has done or the bad choices they made, Jesus is standing there waiting with arms wide open...Who are we to judge anybody?? God Bless You PW.
I thought you were in like a boot camp or low scale prison facility and didn't have to stay long, since it was your first offence?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492550 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>actually engaging is gay sex is a choice. Just like being a Christian is a choice.
Right. And masturbation is a choice. And having sex is a choice. And falling in love with someone is a choice.

Didn't you write that you weren't a bigot?
So its not bigoted to say despite a Revolutionary War fought in part to ensure religious freedom that you want to stop the spread of Christianity whose official teachings are love everyone and its ok to hate them (as some clearly do)because they chose to be Christian? Ians says he's ok if we limit our faith just to our churches and homes.
Take it up with IANS.

But you know what, I'd like it if you kept your religion to your houses, too. Keep it out of schools and out of government, please. You can write about it in obscure internet forums, like this one, if if pleases you.

But I don't want singalongs near my tennis courts or people lying to me about "taking a census," stopping me when I'm peacefully walking so they can talk about their stupid deity. Yes, keep your religion to yourself or I won't keep my atheism to myself. That's a pledge.
So is it ok to say its ok to be gay but you cant choose to enagage in gay sex and to please keep your gayness limited to your houses and clubs cus we dont want ur gay influences on society or in politics? Face it..your a bigot and Ians is a bigger bigot
What are you writing? You aren't making any sense. Are you calling me a bigot after telling the world that gays shouldn't have sex?

How is it possible you are this stupid?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492551 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
This is you not understanding the differences between sexual behavior and sexual identity. Once you work through that, you'll understand how straight men can suck c+ck in prison or on hockey teams. Think of it this way, Skom: no matter how many men you have sex with because there are no women around, you're never going to fall in love with them and linger in the scent of their br
Why are you forcing me to defend him anyways?..
Lol...so you need a specific post with the exact words "All Christains are bad people" otherwise you deny his numerous bigoted posts? sorry but trying to get blind ppl to see isnt my job. And I force u to defend ians? Holy weak-will Batman! And lastly let me let u in on a secret. If a man has another mans junk in his mouth...he's gay! but u can be gay. just dont choose to have gay sex and keep your gay ideology and actions confined to your house or clubs as I dont want it influencing society or politics. Thats not bigoted right?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#492552 Feb 22, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>We haven't agreed on very much since we met, but I'm giving you a standing ovation for this one! As a matter of fact, me AND my cousin gave you a standing ovation. Not many are aware of what you shared here.
Hello BLL and Cousin..
I never knew about reliable sources either until I entered college. LOL. I know we disagree a lot about the scriptures but i have opened my eyes to the fact that the important thing is our relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We are brother and sister in Christ and although its great to be knowledgable in all areas of the Bible, I came to understand that God cares more about our love and our faith than how much wisdom that one has. Thank you for your standing ovation though!!! You and your cousin. <smile> God Bless You Both and tell your cousin to have a safe trip back home.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492553 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>That would be rather ironic:).....Im cool with jokes btw
Well you're not so good at understanding complex ideas and reading comprehension. And you're quick to get all upset and insult people. So pardon me, but I'll insult right back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Goodman2 773,307
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 264,960
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min USA Born 558,761
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 12 min Wordsworth 5,087
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min MakeWOrldPEaceUID... 175,506
Realtor Warnings 21 min Outraged 1
9-11 has become but a vapor...to those who love... 22 min Doctor REALITY 1
Moses never existed 1 hr Hidingfromyou 714
More from around the web