Comments
473,901 - 473,920 of 600,260 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#492519 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of knew you were going to write that.
:)
LOL; you are getting to know me :)

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#492520 Feb 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you familiar with Juicy Couture?
http://www.expressnightout.com/photos/2009123...
http://www.onourtabblog.com/wp-content/upload...
http://images.herroom.com/items/juicy-couture...
I don't think they have an Incognito line.
And another...

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#492521 Feb 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes sense.
<quoted text>
Yep. The BORG. They're never satisfied.
Now all Christians are Borgs?!? God, you bigots are all the same.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492522 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he wants u on his back:) I know u asked riverside but I have been using it because for some reason they understand hating people who are gay is wrong but cant seem to grasp that judging and hating millions of people whom they have never met is also wrong. Some people think its ok to hate all Christians and justify it simply by directing their hatred at the 'church' which is nothing more than a body of hundreds of millions of Christians. If someone has an issue with what some Christians say or what some churches teach then let them address that. but negatively stereotyping millions whom they have never met is bigoted. You know me though I am against bigotry of any kind.(T) PEACE
You don't seem to have a problem comparing organized religion to sexual preference.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#492523 Feb 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds good, but depending on how tired I am I still perfer sleep.
Blessings.
Bonsoir mon ami, sleep is good too of course. Blesssings to you.

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

Earth

#492524 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha..... GOD gave me the internet
LOL

Ahh... the cluelessness of the masses...

<3

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492525 Feb 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt when the time comes you will play your part in it. And I mine with eyes wide open. Your hateful words do not change a thing Catcher. Your hate to Christians mean nothing to those that are born again. I've been told by some of my brothers and sisters in other nations that sometimes they have to make a choice. Deny Christ of have your children burnt alive if not. Nothing you can do to make me go back sir. Nothing.
"Deny Christ and have your children burnt alive."

What a god of love you came to share with us! How thoughtful and kind of you to write! How moral and upstanding.

Tell me, sir, what is your sexuality that we may judge all others like you?

(once again, for the sensitive, the above is sarcasm)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492526 Feb 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you were going to drop it.
I will let you know when I want your approval for what posts to me i can reply to. And I specifically said the one thing I wasnt going to drop was exposing bigots who hate the faith as the bigots they are. Go back and read my post. But I understand why you would want me too as the last post shows Ians for what he is quite clearly

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#492527 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Bully; dictionary
a : a blustering browbeating person; especially : one habitually cruel to others who are weaker.
Do you not see the inferences that there are some who are intellectually slower (a much nicer way of putting it than they do) in here than others? Do you not think it cruel to keep on sarcastically marking the spelling and grammar in others postings, simply because they are Christians and making a statement?
Do you think I do not have a right to try and help out when I see someone being bombarded and becoming a lesser person than they really are?
My dear- you have the right to post as you see fit..
Hope you continue to.

Who is weaker??

What in the world are you saying??
We all make a choice to come here and engage or not..
I am not for "free passes" regarding intellect and knowledge..
and the lack there of..

Grammar?? lol..come on.. so what??
If it's an issue with one's well being- why not have them run
their
posts by you before they post them..

How 'bout some here- try on (for size) being a gay young adult-
and happening
upon this thread w Jesus' Name in the title..
-why should Jesus love me-

And seeing how those that "follow" this Jesus fellow- feel about/regard their soul, their well being..

Come on-- are you being for real?
Honestly Serah?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492529 Feb 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>My realty, is all that matters.
In one writing, you claim there is choice.
You another writing, you claimed choice is an illusion.
For you to come to that conclusion either means you're either lying to yourself, or you're stupid.
I give you credit, I think its the former :)
Now you are referencing a different post of mine that you seem to have had troubles understanding, perhaps because I was not clear in my writing. I'll write it in point form:

1. Whatever culture you develop in "imprints" on you. You cannot escape that, but you can learn to recognize it.

2. We call this "imprint" enculturation. It literally means that a person's brain and body adopts their culture's "way of experiencing and understanding" the world around them. Brains are flexible, though, and they can continue learning throughout life.

3. Western culture is Christian culture. It's themes, mores, values, genders, and more, reflect it's Christian history.

4. Religions express worldviews - very specific ways of understanding, interpreting and experiencing reality. These can be learned and unlearned.

5. Worldviews are likewise encultured, but they can be unlearned.

6. When a religious person expresses "this is the way it is" as in "we know trees are green b/c God created them that way" they're not expressing an objective reality, but a reality conveyed through their religious worldview.

7. So when I write "you only believe X, because that is your enculturation" in part I mean "you can't not perceive/experience/think that right now, but if you had the proper training and were self-reflexive, you could learn to see other people's worldviews." If so, then you would be able to describe a non-religious, non-created world. For the above example, you would instead write "we know trees are green because of the chlorophyll that plants use. That evolved over time..." etc.

Thus, some parts of enculturation can change. If I wrote otherwise, I was mistaken. However, most people are strongly unwilling to try to see the world not only from another perspective, but from within a different subjective reality. That's difficult, challenging, and most people are so desperate to protect their own subjective reality, they are unable.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492530 Feb 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
...?????..
Dare I ask, Luci In The Sky, With Diamonds ??
These days, even vampires sparkle.

I wanna see the movie "Blade vs. the Entire Cast of Twilight".

Location hidden

#492531 Feb 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, sure.
Wait, worship you?
Will you let me nail you to a stick first?
Forget it, that sounds too much like an idol.
PRAISE PANGU!
See within one post you are inquiring about what I will let you do if you worship me. Then as quickly as that thought came it went and you moved your worship onto Pangu. Tsk Tsk...so fickle in your herp worship. Good thing for Ians the internet has lots of insecure people if you fall off:)

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492532 Feb 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. thanks ..
.. do you know if Noah let the woodpeckers free-fly on the ark ??..
Something had to eat the termites.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#492533 Feb 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man..Chris, you fellas really do see yourselves as martyrs
for Christ..
So all the anger dispair confusion caused in the Name of Christ..
is ok. because you are a martyr and will die a martyr?
No matter what or whom is left in your wake??
You believe Christ needs a martyr to further His Kingdom?
I don't- I sincerely do not!
I believe He needs more to Love in His Name, and less to think
they need to die/kill in order for His Kingdom to reign..
Would it be such a bother for the extreme Christians to realize-
Christ doesn't need you or your brawn- for His will to be done?
You didn't answer my question, have you read the book? Btw no I don't see myself like that. I think its rare to be martyed for the Lord and doubt it will happen to me or anyone I know. Told you before I am not angry, say it all you want Le Le. And no, Gods will be done and His kingdom will come in His good time, nothing will stop that. Its something I learned, a person will either be a part of it or this earth that will fail. Could be wrong here but I don't think you and I would agree on what love is. This is something else I can thank my wife for as she would agree that you don't have love without truth. Truth and error the bible calls it. Some that profess Christ have said God loves and never speak of what happens after this short life. If they know and don't warn to me thats not love. I do think at times its best to pray before you speak as if a person isn't first prepared by God a mans words be pointless.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#492534 Feb 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear- you have the right to post as you see fit..
Hope you continue to.
Who is weaker??
What in the world are you saying??
We all make a choice to come here and engage or not..
I am not for "free passes" regarding intellect and knowledge..
and the lack there of..
Grammar?? lol..come on.. so what??
If it's an issue with one's well being- why not have them run
their
posts by you before they post them..
How 'bout some here- try on (for size) being a gay young adult-
and happening
upon this thread w Jesus' Name in the title..
-why should Jesus love me-
And seeing how those that "follow" this Jesus fellow- feel about/regard their soul, their well being..
Come on-- are you being for real?
Honestly Serah?
Yes, because they came here for the reason to drag this out..... but hopefully, this topix of sexuality will die off, it has had more than it's nine days of wonder, and we can write of more uplifting postings than insult after insult.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#492535 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm..so much for just words on a page. I should hae known if anything would get you going it would be a post about Ians. at what point does that start to embarass you? Fawn over him if you want but if u r going to call me stupid u may want to wait to see how your hero defines 'church'. I have asked him repeatedly. it is obvious he uses the term to couch his bigotry.
You said you were going to drop it.
Knowledge

Enfield, IL

#492536 Feb 22, 2013
dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
that is what I like humans like you and Skom
my story is simmilar,only I was young political violent rebel in prison for 5 years, and get in the prison kitchen during winter frozen heating system (prison was in swamps) deep down north)so kind of incredible call and all darkness around me fall down like curtain, after this came to me really heavenly hope-as assurance, and next day approach to me in prison with Bible JW who was in prison term for refusing miltary service,
after releasing to depart from rebels and political involvement,
I join JW service for many years as misionary
ONLY CONSTANT DISSAGREEMENTS WITH THEM ABOUT BIBLE,ALLOWED ME WITH HELP OF HOLY SPIRIT AFTER 30 YEARS TO DEPART FROM THIS ORGANIZATION SHORT AFTER ABOMINATION AND DESOLATIONS WHO STAND IN ALL HOLY PLACES-AND END OF ALL EARTHLY CHURCHES.
Strange but it is TRUTH
it was and is difficult to agree with man made teachings,or their leadership ,I always remind Gal 5;1....and take light YOKE OF ONLY JESUS CHRIST
It is also very difficult to deal with daily life, or world friendship,or world teachings
I GUESS
GOD DESIGNED US TO FOLLOW IN THIS WORLD WILDERNISS WITHOUT OF ANY EARTHLY FRIENDSHIP ACCORDING TO PSALM 107;3-14
13/THEN THEY CRIED UNTO THE LORD IN THEIR TROUBLE,AND HE SAVED THEM OUT OF DISTRESSES///
14/HE BROUGHT THEM OUT OF DARKNESS AND THE SHADOW OF THE DEATH......
God bless you GW
Interesting, explains a lot.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#492537 Feb 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man..Chris, you fellas really do see yourselves as martyrs
for Christ..
So all the anger dispair confusion caused in the Name of Christ..
is ok. because you are a martyr and will die a martyr?
No matter what or whom is left in your wake??
You believe Christ needs a martyr to further His Kingdom?
I don't- I sincerely do not!
I believe He needs more to Love in His Name, and less to think
they need to die/kill in order for His Kingdom to reign..
Would it be such a bother for the extreme Christians to realize-
Christ doesn't need you or your brawn- for His will to be done?
Btw since I'm about to go to bed and may miss your answer I will get to my point. In foxes book of martyrs many that were sent to the flames were done by the religious. Food for thought.

Location hidden

#492538 Feb 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not moving on, are you?
You accuse others of all sorts of things.
But you yourself don't keep your word.
First I never gave my word I would move on. Second I said "on most things" or something to that effect I wasnt going to bother with any more but it is important to expose bigots who bash the faith as the bigots they are. Gee I am so sorry its ok for your bigoted friends to come in here and spew their bigotry but you dont want to see them called out on their bigotry any longer. Here is a simple solution. They can stop saying bigoted things!

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#492539 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I like Lewis Black...
He's alright.
Skombolis wrote:
I dont care for the other two but I dont happen to like many female comedians.
Agreed. Ellen Degeneres, to me and doing stand-up, though, is hilarious!
Skombolis wrote:
Lisa Lamponelli has had some funny roasts on Comedy Central.
I can't stand her, but I think she's hilarious the more racist she gets! I mean, they're only jokes, so...
Skombolis wrote:
I personally think like Bill Maher can take it too far although I like some of his stuff.
I love Bill Maher, but because he makes people think, too.
Skombolis wrote:
Entertainers or comedians or whatever is their right imo as they cater to a specific audience as a job. I personally dont see an anti-Christian agenda just in regular tv but i dont watch a lot of shows either. Pretty much Criminal Minds and Law and Order
My father, the most pro-black person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, used to say, "If it weren't for stereotypes, there'd be no comedy." And that included racial stereotypes. But, my father taught me a lesson. Jokes are jokes and should be experienced as such. And with intelligence, we should be able to distinguish those that are said to produce laughter/laughter or hatred/laughter. When I was affiliated with the Black Hebrew Israelites, it was said many times, "The only good white man is a dead white man," and it produced laughter. But, considering that my own mother was half Native American/half French, I didn't find such comments as humorous. I ignored it for a long time, but the time came when I had to depart. Anyway...

Jokes is jokes. Entertainment is entertainment. Movies are movies. Television is television. And no matter what, we get out of it what we want to. Personally, I thought "Mein Kampf" was a pretty good book that explained a lot even though most critics, even those of German descent, thought it was a disgrace to the literary world.

Sorry. I had a 22-ounce of Steel Reserve tonight, that a visiting neighbor brought me. It's amazing how these things affect you when you hardly drink anymore! I'm done now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 min Ratloder 118,143
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 min New Age Spiritual... 226,592
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min hojo 539,661
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 11 min KiMare 94,764
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min New Age Spiritual... 734,127
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min WasteWater 258,250
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min New Age Spiritual... 441,230
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••