Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#492509 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know what bullying is Le-Le?
Of course I do..
Are you implying someone is being bullied here??

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#492510 Feb 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it with you and gay?
From what I've read, you're not gay, Skom's not gay, IANS isn't gay and HFY isn't gay (although, I'm not opposed to a test).
Perhaps you could pick another group of humans to help define your position. It would keep me off your back, wouldn't it?
Hmmm...only if we video it for RR. I mean Tide! Or Happy Lesbo - I think she's the highest bidder so far.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492511 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry about it. Gay scientists are narrowing in on the cure for the Christian gene. Pretty soon people like you will have a choice!
(please note for the severely sensitive, I am joking)
That would be rather ironic:).....Im cool with jokes btw

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#492512 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Serah, Yes its ridiculous. Most people with even an elementary knowledge of Christ will admit that such killing is inconsistent with His teachings. People often try to justify their hatred, actions, and even killing by appealing to whatever is held in high regard by the population. It follows that if Christianity is or was held in high regard by populations, that certain people with the power to carry out atrocities would attempt to justify them in the name of Christianity. It is a simple-minded person indeed who reasons, "Joe claims he is a Christian--Joe committed an atrocity in the name of Christianity--therefore Christianity promotes atrocities." The Bible states that the person who says he loves God, but hates his brother, is a liar. There are many people through history that have done horrible things in the name of Christianity, but Jesus' words, "you will know them by their fruit" tell the real story regarding their love for God and whether they follow the commands of Jesus Christ.
Here is an interesting site that I got this info from..
http://theroadtoemmaus.org/RdLb/21PbAr/Pl/Dth...
Thank you Grace ~ I am off to see the movie Beautiful Creatures with my BFFL and daughter, and running behind jumping in that shower. Been playing too much :) will hopefully find this link when I get home and check it out then
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#492513 Feb 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This post by trifecta was directed to Happy Lesbo.
Do I hear any reaction from any of the Christians on this thread?
Any of you "regulars" care to respond?
Or will you tacitly approve?
It is not our job to babysit 'Trifecta

But I see it must be your job to babysit HL!

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Location hidden

#492514 Feb 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Bonsoir mon amie, I agree. How're you tonight?
Bonsoir mon amie, I am glad you agree with me. We are currently on our second game of chess, it seems that I always win the first and he wins the second. For us it takes hours because we know eachother too well, but it is more fun this way because we also carry on lengthy dialogues about anything and everything during the game. Punctuated by sips of red wine and the oysters.

#492515 Feb 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They're practicing Christianity in the way that they were taught, like every other Christian. Not every Christian is taught the same way of being Christian, but they are all taught a specific way of being Christian. This changes over time, and varies over circles of influence. America had it's witch burners in the 1600s. These African Christians obviously don't have access to the type of influence that keeps most Christians from doing what you would call "evil". They do have the Bible, just not whatever keeps them from being "evil". That tells me that the Bible might not be something to pass around freely.
Christian missionary work is a real mixed bag. There's been some good and some bad, in my assessment. In this instance, it's a bag of shit.
Yes, it is a bag of shit, but they are not Missionaries from a more civilized world, they are still living without any real understanding of JESUS.

JESUS would never had done those things, nor would HE ever condone them, and nor should HIS followers. If we break the law, we are criminals and labelled accordingly, but if a Christian breaks the law of CHRIST, they are simply noted as Christian and reflect against all Christianity. There is no such thing as a radical Christian; you either are by your actions, or you are not :)
ALICIA BANKS

Little Rock, AR

#492516 Feb 22, 2013
jesus loves us all unconditionally...even that warlock hobama

fyi

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/769548050/select...

Location hidden

#492517 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaningless qualifications?
Your hatred of IANS is making you stupid. Or making you honest self apparent.
Hmmm..so much for just words on a page. I should hae known if anything would get you going it would be a post about Ians. at what point does that start to embarass you? Fawn over him if you want but if u r going to call me stupid u may want to wait to see how your hero defines 'church'. I have asked him repeatedly. it is obvious he uses the term to couch his bigotry.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492518 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@HIDING...first you cant prove people dont choose to be gay, what about prison when straight people chose to engage in gay sex? Secondly even if ppl are born gay so what? it isnt hate because someone chose to be part of a faith? thats quite the ethical rationalization. like you said, nobody knows 99% of all Christians. Which.....now stay with me....it is bigoted to label all Christains when someone doesnt even know the person they are labeling. And you want to stop the spread of Christianity? Facinating. I want to sleep with the Olson twins and win the lottery. Lets race. I'll meet you at the 'never gonna happen' finish line
This is you not understanding the differences between sexual behavior and sexual identity. Once you work through that, you'll understand how straight men can suck c+ck in prison or on hockey teams. Think of it this way, Skom: no matter how many men you have sex with because there are no women around, you're never going to fall in love with them and linger in the scent of their breasts.

Next, your reading issues. IANS doesn't label all Christians. He explains this often. But whatever, just go find a post of his where he writes "All Christians are bad people. They all need to be X'ed." or whatever and show me.

Why are you forcing me to defend him anyways? Start backing up your assertions with links to IANS' posts. Then you and I can have an IANS writings and philosophy study seminar. Weeee. Horray for fun...

#492519 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of knew you were going to write that.
:)
LOL; you are getting to know me :)

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492520 Feb 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you familiar with Juicy Couture?
http://www.expressnightout.com/photos/2009123...
http://www.onourtabblog.com/wp-content/upload...
http://images.herroom.com/items/juicy-couture...
I don't think they have an Incognito line.
And another...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492521 Feb 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes sense.
<quoted text>
Yep. The BORG. They're never satisfied.
Now all Christians are Borgs?!? God, you bigots are all the same.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492522 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe he wants u on his back:) I know u asked riverside but I have been using it because for some reason they understand hating people who are gay is wrong but cant seem to grasp that judging and hating millions of people whom they have never met is also wrong. Some people think its ok to hate all Christians and justify it simply by directing their hatred at the 'church' which is nothing more than a body of hundreds of millions of Christians. If someone has an issue with what some Christians say or what some churches teach then let them address that. but negatively stereotyping millions whom they have never met is bigoted. You know me though I am against bigotry of any kind.(T) PEACE
You don't seem to have a problem comparing organized religion to sexual preference.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Location hidden

#492523 Feb 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds good, but depending on how tired I am I still perfer sleep.
Blessings.
Bonsoir mon ami, sleep is good too of course. Blesssings to you.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492524 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha..... GOD gave me the internet
LOL

Ahh... the cluelessness of the masses...

<3

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492525 Feb 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt when the time comes you will play your part in it. And I mine with eyes wide open. Your hateful words do not change a thing Catcher. Your hate to Christians mean nothing to those that are born again. I've been told by some of my brothers and sisters in other nations that sometimes they have to make a choice. Deny Christ of have your children burnt alive if not. Nothing you can do to make me go back sir. Nothing.
"Deny Christ and have your children burnt alive."

What a god of love you came to share with us! How thoughtful and kind of you to write! How moral and upstanding.

Tell me, sir, what is your sexuality that we may judge all others like you?

(once again, for the sensitive, the above is sarcasm)

Location hidden

#492526 Feb 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said you were going to drop it.
I will let you know when I want your approval for what posts to me i can reply to. And I specifically said the one thing I wasnt going to drop was exposing bigots who hate the faith as the bigots they are. Go back and read my post. But I understand why you would want me too as the last post shows Ians for what he is quite clearly

Location hidden

#492527 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
Bully; dictionary
a : a blustering browbeating person; especially : one habitually cruel to others who are weaker.
Do you not see the inferences that there are some who are intellectually slower (a much nicer way of putting it than they do) in here than others? Do you not think it cruel to keep on sarcastically marking the spelling and grammar in others postings, simply because they are Christians and making a statement?
Do you think I do not have a right to try and help out when I see someone being bombarded and becoming a lesser person than they really are?
My dear- you have the right to post as you see fit..
Hope you continue to.

Who is weaker??

What in the world are you saying??
We all make a choice to come here and engage or not..
I am not for "free passes" regarding intellect and knowledge..
and the lack there of..

Grammar?? lol..come on.. so what??
If it's an issue with one's well being- why not have them run
their
posts by you before they post them..

How 'bout some here- try on (for size) being a gay young adult-
and happening
upon this thread w Jesus' Name in the title..
-why should Jesus love me-

And seeing how those that "follow" this Jesus fellow- feel about/regard their soul, their well being..

Come on-- are you being for real?
Honestly Serah?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492529 Feb 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>My realty, is all that matters.
In one writing, you claim there is choice.
You another writing, you claimed choice is an illusion.
For you to come to that conclusion either means you're either lying to yourself, or you're stupid.
I give you credit, I think its the former :)
Now you are referencing a different post of mine that you seem to have had troubles understanding, perhaps because I was not clear in my writing. I'll write it in point form:

1. Whatever culture you develop in "imprints" on you. You cannot escape that, but you can learn to recognize it.

2. We call this "imprint" enculturation. It literally means that a person's brain and body adopts their culture's "way of experiencing and understanding" the world around them. Brains are flexible, though, and they can continue learning throughout life.

3. Western culture is Christian culture. It's themes, mores, values, genders, and more, reflect it's Christian history.

4. Religions express worldviews - very specific ways of understanding, interpreting and experiencing reality. These can be learned and unlearned.

5. Worldviews are likewise encultured, but they can be unlearned.

6. When a religious person expresses "this is the way it is" as in "we know trees are green b/c God created them that way" they're not expressing an objective reality, but a reality conveyed through their religious worldview.

7. So when I write "you only believe X, because that is your enculturation" in part I mean "you can't not perceive/experience/think that right now, but if you had the proper training and were self-reflexive, you could learn to see other people's worldviews." If so, then you would be able to describe a non-religious, non-created world. For the above example, you would instead write "we know trees are green because of the chlorophyll that plants use. That evolved over time..." etc.

Thus, some parts of enculturation can change. If I wrote otherwise, I was mistaken. However, most people are strongly unwilling to try to see the world not only from another perspective, but from within a different subjective reality. That's difficult, challenging, and most people are so desperate to protect their own subjective reality, they are unable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LOUD CRYIN' SPOILED Black Kids in Wal Mart!!!!! 10 min Knock off purse s... 47
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min Buck Crick 854,470
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min I Am No One_ 444,253
"Hey!!!! Do you think I have an ODD-SHAPED HEAD... 25 min Knock off purse s... 22
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min Estelle 596,104
Sex with demon possessed doll 29 min Knock off purse s... 45
Poll Doctor REALITY is: 30 min Knock off purse s... 17
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Charlie Sheen 272,082
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Truthiness 861
More from around the web