Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#492454 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
There are other sites; I posted one myself a few weeks ago where a woman had been burned to death in New Guinea for being a witch, and up to 20 people had beaten and tortured her before burning her.
It was the same post that I mentioned what GOD must suffer at the hands of HIS Children, or something similar, but to blame Christians is ridiculous.
Matthew 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
Hi Serah, Yes its ridiculous. Most people with even an elementary knowledge of Christ will admit that such killing is inconsistent with His teachings. People often try to justify their hatred, actions, and even killing by appealing to whatever is held in high regard by the population. It follows that if Christianity is or was held in high regard by populations, that certain people with the power to carry out atrocities would attempt to justify them in the name of Christianity. It is a simple-minded person indeed who reasons, "Joe claims he is a Christian--Joe committed an atrocity in the name of Christianity--therefore Christianity promotes atrocities." The Bible states that the person who says he loves God, but hates his brother, is a liar. There are many people through history that have done horrible things in the name of Christianity, but Jesus' words, "you will know them by their fruit" tell the real story regarding their love for God and whether they follow the commands of Jesus Christ.

Here is an interesting site that I got this info from..

http://theroadtoemmaus.org/RdLb/21PbAr/Pl/Dth...

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#492455 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS uses the word "church" instead of "Christian"....
He just won't admit it.
Or you just want to dismiss what he writes, so you substitute "Christian" for "church" in his writings.

I mean, that's a lot easier to do, isn't it?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#492456 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not educated just because you're a Christian. Yes, you can substitute religious knowledge for real knowledge - and get others who think like you to understand what you're writing.
That kind of knowledge is not evidence based. It's not remotely objective. It's biased and seeks to cover up reality with silly metaphors and overlysimplistic (mis)representations of reality.
And, yes, this is the Internet so you can write all kinds of crazed thoughts down - but neither your religious beliefs nor your crazed thoughts will make your postulations anything resembling reality. But write them down anyways.
My realty, is all that matters.

In one writing, you claim there is choice.

You another writing, you claimed choice is an illusion.

For you to come to that conclusion either means you're either lying to yourself, or you're stupid.

I give you credit, I think its the former :)

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#492457 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask interesting questions -
.. thanks ..

.. do you know if Noah let the woodpeckers free-fly on the ark ??..

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492458 Feb 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
aren't we all! that doesn't mean that we can't infuriate our self-righteous accusers tho and have ourselves a cyber affair.....;)
Pray on it :D

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#492459 Feb 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> Don't be angry. It'll be OK.
<quoted text> I'm surprised you'd consider it poor ethics to defend someone - any one - who has been portrayed inaccurately and then that inaccurate portrayal has been the basis for your argument.
No, wait, I'm not surprised.
It's been pointed out that many of the people here that you've attached to some plot against you, have stood up for Christians, atheists, agnostics, homosexuals and other minorities, numerous times, and that applies to Ians, too.
But you don't want to acknowledge that, and that's why I'm not surprised.
My ethics dictate that sometimes I must speak up, no matter if >you< don't like it, >you< do like it, or >you< would prefer nothing was said at all.
<quoted text>I'm fine with my reflection because it is myself and purely myself.
Your reflection is Christian.
<quoted text>Isn't it good that you're exampling it for them?
Nicely said. I kind of laughed a bit.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#492460 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IANS is probably one of the biggest bigots on Topix. He's bigoted against Christians.
If you can't see that, you either a fool (not likely) or you're too much against Christians, just like him.
Take what he says, erase the word "Christian" & replace it with "gay", or replace "church" with "gay bar", then you might notice.
Bigotry shouldn't be tolerated coming from either direction.
Could she be a fool? its quite possible, she is an atheist you know.

With Established Harem

#492461 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text> Im afraid if something ever happens to Ians you may want to start worshipping me!
.. you'll first have to knockoff Scar, Tide, Catcher and HFY ..

.. anyway, do you happen to know the devil's last name ??..

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#492462 Feb 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike CS, I don't judge people and call them perverts for their sexual orientation. That is all.
<quoted text>
Posted 3 Hours Ago:
<quoted text>
.. it's not going to stop ..
Because Perverse, is what you are. Accept it, actually you're a lot worse.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#492463 Feb 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubt when the time comes you will play your part in it. And I mine with eyes wide open. Your hateful words do not change a thing Catcher. Your hate to Christians mean nothing to those that are born again. I've been told by some of my brothers and sisters in other nations that sometimes they have to make a choice. Deny Christ of have your children burnt alive if not. Nothing you can do to make me go back sir. Nothing.
Hateful words?

All I said is that YOUR words are damaging to our society.

As for the rest of your post (children burnt alive, going back), I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

With Established Harem

#492464 Feb 22, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd let you win first. Then you let me win?
.. or, we can win at the same time ..

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater, FL

#492465 Feb 22, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Your words (not God's words you quoted here)
are frightening..
You see this life, this precious beautiful gift we have been
given
as a "gig"??
And you are thankful it's a "temp gig" at that??
Wonder how your soul feels about that. Do you happen know God's
timeline?
Just curious.
Take care Chris, I am sincere.
I wish yourself and your wife a life of Love Grace and Joy.
Why? This world is sick. I'm guessing we are all adults here, sorry if my thoughts bother you. No, none of us know when we will stand before God. At times I think of that song make the world go away. While its not a Christian song I want nothing to do with the world system, the wisdom of this world that equals death. I do have joy Le Le but sometimes joy isn't always fun. Have you ever read foxes book of martyrs? I think they had joy, real joy. Thats not to say I won't to go like that but if so so be it. Its something this world system will not understand or agree with.

Hermosa Beach, CA

#492466 Feb 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy. More hate. You remind me of those that claim tolerance, show little to none. The rcc like the public school system deals with it in each community. Strange you won't spend any time at all when it happens outside of the church but you have your mission of hate.
Dude.

My mission is for tolerance, equal rights and compassion for our fellow human beings.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#492467 Feb 22, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Evening Grace...:) I Hope your day was a good one! SL
Hello my sister,
My day was great. Pulled a 10 hour work day and ready to relax for the weekend. I have 7 grandkids and every saturday night, I take one of them out for some one on one time with mawmaw. We go out to eat and watch a movie or whatever they want to do. Tomorrow night is date night with my 14 year old grand-daughter. It will be up to her as to what we do. My grandkids ages range from 20 months to 15 years and I go down the line according to age. I had my kids young and became a grandma for the first time at age 34. I am 50 years old now and still active enough to keep up with them. My 7 y.o grand-daughter wants to go skating on her night..lol I will bust my hindend for sure but that is what she chooses. I have a few weeks before that event. LOL How has your day been? I am so glad we became friends. God Bless You

Hermosa Beach, CA

#492468 Feb 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Because Perverse, is what you are. Accept it, actually you're a lot worse.
This post by trifecta was directed to Happy Lesbo.

Do I hear any reaction from any of the Christians on this thread?

Any of you "regulars" care to respond?

Or will you tacitly approve?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492469 Feb 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
It means that you all have condoned Dim's behavior. Do you agree that he is forgiven by the air?
I was just looking to see if there would be a little moral courage in the gallery. If there had been just ten strong Christians in the thread, I might have been forced to reassess my opinion of your church. Or five. Or three. Or two. Or one.
But you all screwed the pooch. Or the angel. Or whatever.
Sorry to bother you.
Well,,, I think that is between Skom and "the air".

I have never held back with Skom or anyone else, however, my ways are not your ways and I have great compassion for all...

I would urge you not to reassess your opinion of the christian church, which is no longer mine...

Moral courage??? I'd be interested in what, in your opinion, is considered moral courage???

As for what you would classify as a "strong Christian",,, well,,, I'll leave that kind of judgement to my MAKER :D

I forgive you <3

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#492470 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to show you how easy it is to get unreliable sources from the web using .com
http://www.conservapedia.com/Atheism_and_Mass...
http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1121/p09s01-coo... , not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history
http://atheisticviolence.wordpress.com/2007/1...
http://atheism.about.com/od/atheismmyths/p/At...
And the list can go on and on.."People" kill for many different reasons.
You are correct, people do kill for many reasons, and if they kill, based upon some precept or component of their religion, or that they feel is evidenced and justified in the bible, or because they think they are being Christian in doing so, and say they are a Christian, they are a Christian.

I'm sure you'll disagree. You may say that is not Christian, and I may agree with that, based upon what you or I might think examples an ideal Christian. That's fine.

But, it is not up to you or I to determine what a Christian is and can only be.

Because, even among Christians, the word "Christian", means many different things, and its been my experience and the experience of many others, that the only Real Christian™ there is, is the one you happen to be talking to — <*at that moment*>.

Just ask them, and they'll tell you who is, who isn't, and that they *definitely* are.

Even as they are lighting the fire to burn a witch.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#492471 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/18/afri... ***

These people are not Christians; regardless of the title they give themselves. Evil is real and sadly, if an evil person gets some sort of power, they abuse it and use it. We have seen it continually throughout history and we will probably see it again and again and again ..... but we can protest to those who might care!
They're practicing Christianity in the way that they were taught, like every other Christian. Not every Christian is taught the same way of being Christian, but they are all taught a specific way of being Christian. This changes over time, and varies over circles of influence. America had it's witch burners in the 1600s. These African Christians obviously don't have access to the type of influence that keeps most Christians from doing what you would call "evil". They do have the Bible, just not whatever keeps them from being "evil". That tells me that the Bible might not be something to pass around freely.

Christian missionary work is a real mixed bag. There's been some good and some bad, in my assessment. In this instance, it's a bag of shit.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#492472 Feb 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate you. But your church is a parasite.
You do hate Christians. But so what? you hatred do nothing, but expose you for the fraud that you're. come on the billboard espousing the morals of secular humanism, when you show yourself to be an immoral hypocritical hate spewing fraud.

well done, at least the walls come down and we all see the ugliness of your philosophy. you come on the billboard painting you philosophy as pretty dressed and fashionable. But in the end, when you show us the inside, was nothing but decay, rot, stench, and dead men bones.

Congratulations freethinker. haha.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#492473 Feb 22, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be right but one can hope.
My theory is...when all of us over the age of 40 are gone...we will see a different world. The younger a person is...IMO...the less judgmental they seem to be.
I have the opportunity to talk to a lot of 20 year olds. They are more willing it seems to accept differences. They seem to want less anger...less hatred...more understanding.
In a sense...those that express their disdain for others...are doing their part to create change...just not the way that they had hoped for.
I have talked to those in that gay community that are in their 50s, 60s and older...they paved the way to where we are now. Some were beaten...threatened...lost their jobs...thrown out of their home...all knew people that lost their lives. It is already a different world.
All of those threats still exist but thanks to people such as yourself...it is a safer world for those people to come out of hiding. My hope is that one day no mother has to fear for their child's safety...nor to hear the words spoken against a child that they have loved and raised.
It is not just the gay community that feels the affects of such hatred...there are others.
About a year after 9/11 I was talking to a guy that worked at the market down the street from me...he was Muslim. I asked if he had felt the repercussions from that event. He told me that some friends...people that he had a relationship with...now crossed the street to avoid him.
A couple of months ago I had the honor of spending some time with a Native American...there are still those that see them as less than.
Racism toward Hispanics and African Americans still exist...people look at the homeless and instead of seeing people that have had a hard time...they see bums that are to be feared.
If there is a God out there somewhere...I don't believe that he meant it to be this way...at least not the side of him that I see.
You know LeLe...after all these years...each time that I read the story of Matthew Shepard...I still cry for his mom. I would like to think that one day...there will be no need to cry for a mom that lost her son due to hatred. I know...I am naive...thinking...believing that it could happen.
Anyway...thanks for letting me express myself...
I feel in you a heavy heart, more than ever Annie..
Your posts over the last mnth have brought tears deep into
to my very soul.

This post of yours is beautiful..

Love you gal..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 49,558
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min The Hangman 971,819
Russia to be TOP EXPORTER of Non-GMO Foods 30 min Hiddn Numbrz 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 31 min Pad 647,061
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 36 min old school 105,691
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 49 min old school 44,728
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 53 min andet1987 2,114
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 2 hr Jockfullonutz 28
More from around the web