“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#492402 Feb 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>And you really think that not the same thing most Christians think about you and your philosophy as well??
LOL.
You're not educated just because you're a Christian. Yes, you can substitute religious knowledge for real knowledge - and get others who think like you to understand what you're writing.

That kind of knowledge is not evidence based. It's not remotely objective. It's biased and seeks to cover up reality with silly metaphors and overlysimplistic (mis)representations of reality.

And, yes, this is the Internet so you can write all kinds of crazed thoughts down - but neither your religious beliefs nor your crazed thoughts will make your postulations anything resembling reality. But write them down anyways.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#492403 Feb 22, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
I don't reject the Bible Bro, I've just seen proof of my suspicions, it's been tampered with, it makes more sense now and I Love my CREATOR and HIS Beautiful SON :-)
I luv you as well BRO <3
That's good to know. In the meantime, I'd like for you, if you wouldn't mind, to share with me what's been proven to you. And if you'd like, you can tMail me your findings so as not to create any unnecessary opposition and distraction.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#492404 Feb 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. any solution must be open to all people regardless of religion, culture or nation. We will never achieve peace on our shrinking planet unless our peace is respectful of everybody ..
.. the only solution I can imagine is to rely on the relevant evidence regarding homosexuality with open-mindedness, honesty and reasonableness ..
.. to this solution any person of good-will should be able to agree. But, some churches stand in direct opposition to this solution. Some staunch bible-believers seem to think that, because they hold something as true, it is true, period, and no one should dare call it wrong ..
.. am I mistaken, unfair or unkind to say outright that such thinking is irrational? Some posters on this thread know nothing of coherent reasoning or evidenced argument, they don't want to know about it. Instead, they post rants about immoral perverts ..
.. how can anyone ever debate someone from such a position? The impossibility of any discussion evinces the irrationality of their prejudiced position ..
.. please, don't reply to this post. I'm just venting. Will be returning to my normal position of not responding to the hate spewed by SOME 'good' Christians on this thread ..
OK, I won't respond :)

You make a very good case and a strong argument.

How can you change someone's mind? In some cases, you can't. In others, a diligent course of logical argument is needed. For some, action is the only thing that can help.

Take it from me, an ex gay disliker, if the gays would tone it down a notch, that'd help your cause tremendously. What I mean is; you know a lot of people really don't like gays - stop throwing it in their face! Stop. Let time takes its course, let it sink in, give us time to adjust.

And like you've been to me, be nice. No matter what.

Niceness goes a looooong way to helping attain an honest goal.

* RR's rant over *

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492405 Feb 22, 2013
trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Or maybe you just full of crap you can't even understand what you write.
In one writing you say we have choice, another writing you say choice is an illusion and then try and explain your obvious contradiction with, excuse my french...BS.
What contradiction? I pointed out the very person who invented the terms "homosexual," provided the reasons they did it, the medical categories it had and the cultural meanings at the time - and your best rebuttal to support your ignorance of history is the above?

How infantile of you. Go read more books. It's unseemingly to be this uneducated in our contemporary information age.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#492406 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Scaritual...lol, talk about delusional. If it helps your fragile ego to feel I am upset with how some anonymous poster i dont know on the Internet responded be my guest! I can see why more and more each day how empty some of your lives must be for the things you place such importance on. And no the lack of ethics I was talking about is someone who is classless when accepting an apology and then even after admitting (for show it would seem) becomes so desperate that he needs to lie and show a lack of class for someone who accepted his apology (that he blamed partially on someone else) with class. I am actually appreciative you are demonstrating so vividly the type of ethics some that bash the church have. Among civilized people it is a given to accept an apology with grace or to do the same when someone accepts yours. Thank you for showing the difference between us
Yes, yes, yes, "Skombolism", that's it~/.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492407 Feb 22, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, yes we are as human beings rational, creative and intelligent. To me, education also is about choices. For example not every person may not be able to restore art but education can and is tailor made for each person to have their niche in this life. Dogma is harmful I prefer dialogue and civil rational discourse.
Well said, sir, well said. C'est bien!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#492408 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers and Peace to you also Skom; and in my opinion, you have made a great choice by moving on :)
Recall, they have come here for the purpose of stirring us up, and we shouldn't let them succeed, we should be who it is we have set out to be (IMHO)
Are you kidding?

Yes, Skom said he's moving on.

But he won't.

Just look at his posts, between "moving on" and now.

Long Beach, CA

#492409 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting. Based on his post I assumed he must have had some detailed knowledge about the church you attend to make the accusations that he made. He also blamed Brother Lee's church for teaching Lee things even though Brother Lee said he stopped going to church a long time ago and that his church had nothing to do with how he formed his opinions. It seems like to me that he uses the word 'church' so he can hate and insult Christians as a whole while claiming its not bigotry. I know you know as you pointed it out, just doing the same. Anybody should be able to see he uses 'church' as a substitute for Christians. I have found it interesting seeing the 'humanist' ethics he claims seem to be nothing more that making justifications for bigotry and hatred. He was right about one thing...we can do better...better than him
You're not moving on, are you?

You accuse others of all sorts of things.

But you yourself don't keep your word.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492410 Feb 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't another side, since, being homosexual or "gay", isn't a faith supported belief and doesn't adhere to any sort of doctrine - chosen, selected from, or otherwise.
All you've done is make a bad analogy.
Actually its a perfect analogy. its obvious that regardless of who it is directed to it was meant as a negative implication. and someone cant be bigoted towards Christians? I guess that explains how you guys keep defending his bigotry

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#492411 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if that story is true....
Take a pic of a cute lil black African kid & write a terrible tale. Not hard for a journalist.
The Huffington Post is well known for its bullshit "media" & incorrect reporting.
Are there other sites, maybe a video, to confirm that story?
There are other sites; I posted one myself a few weeks ago where a woman had been burned to death in New Guinea for being a witch, and up to 20 people had beaten and tortured her before burning her.

It was the same post that I mentioned what GOD must suffer at the hands of HIS Children, or something similar, but to blame Christians is ridiculous.

Matthew 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#492412 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>I asked for the link to burning the child ~ I have re-requested it because obviously such a huge question was too much for you to intake. Recall, my own sister was burned to death as a child, and you have roused my need to protest against burning children.
Please provide the link..... a 4 word question surely is not too difficult to comprehend?
.. it's rather gruesome but the evidence cannot be denied ..

https://www.google.com/search...

Long Beach, CA

#492413 Feb 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. awesome ..
CATCHER: it's short, watch it.
.. rainbows forever ..
I watched it. Very nice.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#492414 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes; that is why I posted the links from the other forum (Atheist) regarding the invitation to come over here.... although this forum hasn't reached the low level of the Atheist one (IMHO) they are trying to take it down there. It is not fair to not only us, but also to any newcomer who is looking for something that perhaps, we might have for them :)
If the thread has something for them, then they won't miss it.

This will run it's course, people will come and go..
topics will change like the wind.. In the mean
time- there is alot to be learned from all sides of the "isle"
here.

Shouldn't all be welcome?

Especially considering the title of the thread.
Not the opposite..

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#492415 Feb 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> I keep a list of this available. I have a more comprehensive and detailed list...*somewhere*, but I've obviously saved it somewhere other than my .txt file folder. It's floating around on topix somewhere.
Anyway...
The stories and videos below are graphic.
"African Children Denounced As "Witches" By Christian Pastors"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/18/afri...
"Deadly hunt for 'witches' haunts Kenya villagers"
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/06/12/ke...
"Witchcraft burning in kisii"
http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!
"Minister blames loss on witchcraft"
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"Horror of Kenya's 'witch' lynchings"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8119201.stm
"The Christians are Burning Witches (Again)"
http://jasonstotts.com/2009/10/the-christians...
[CNN] Kenya: "Witch Hunts" follow in wake of ethnic violence
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"The Religious in Africa burning suspected witches"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =U5qYhmf-boEXX
"Christian missionaries behind Soumya's murder"
http://www.haindavakeralam.com/HKPage.aspx...
"More African Churches are dealing with the troubling problem of Christian pastors torturing and executing “witch children” in the name of their faith."
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/10/african-past...
If you look at some of those, you'll notice they throw rocks from time to time, too.
Nothing like a good stoning~/.
It is horrid ~ I don't know what else to say :(

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492416 Feb 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes.
Not "my" interpretation.
Many examples. Here is just one.
"It was as if the elements had been unleashed. The sun spun round. Scorched by the incandescent heat of the weapon, the world reeled in fever. Elephants were set on fire by the heat and ran to and fro in a frenzy to seek protection from the terrible violence.
The water boiled, the animals died, the enemy was mown down and the raging of the blaze made the trees collapse in rows as in a forest fire. The elephants made a fearful trumpeting and sank dead to the ground over a vast area.
Horses and war chariots were burnt up and the scene looked like the aftermath of a conflagration. Thousands of chariots were destroyed, then deep silence descended on the sea. The winds, began to blow and the earth grew bright. It was a terrible sight to see.
The corpses of the fallen were mutilated by the terrible heat so that they no longer looked like human beings. Never before have we seen such a ghastly weapon and never before have we heard of such a weapon.
++++++++++
another:..."...(the weapon was) a single projectile
charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendor...
An iron thunderbolt,
A gigantic messenger of death,
Which reduced to ashes
The entire race of the Vrishnis
And the Andhakas.
... the corpses were so burned
As to be unrecognizable.
The hair and nails fell out;
Pottery broke without apparent cause,
And the birds turned white.
... After a few hours
All foodstuffs were infected...
... to escape from this fire
The soldiers threw themselves in streams
To wash themselves and their equipment..."
The Ramayana, Mahabarata and other texts describe ancient wars and advanced weapons and crafts...over 10,000 years ago.
Vitrification is evidence all over this planet of those wars.
You know, I'm an anthropologist. I'm quite familiar with pop culture misinterpretations of history - the whole "aliens built the pyramids, we had weapons of mass destruction 10000 years ago" etc.

First, there's no, absolutely no, archeological or geological evidence to support that nuclear weapons - and it's hard for me to not laugh as I write this - were ever detonated on the planet prior to the 1940's.

Second, you're ignoring all the other stuff in those writings and cherry picking to what you want. The authors were going for mass death in every way possible and just making stuff up. Here:

"Drona's son then began a colossal carnage on the front line of battle. He piled up a mountain of heads from the Pandava army. Then touching water and invoking the Narayana astra, Ashvatthama aimed that invincible weapon at the Pandava army. The earth began to tremble and a great wind storm appeared on the Kurukshetra plain. In the heavens hundreds of thousands of celestial arrows appeared with flaming mouths. Maces, battle axes, Sataghnis, javelins and discs, effulgent as the sun, appeared in the sky, numbering tens of thousands. Coming down upon the Pandava army, those weapons began to destroy countless men. That divine weapon, owned by Lord Narayana, began to consume the Pandava army like a wild fire consumes dry grass."

So...now your mythological figure here has a robot army at his command?

Or this later paragraph, which quite clearly does not describe nuclear winter:

"When the heat of that weapon had cooled, sweet breezes began to blow and a fragrant aroma appeared in the wind. Beholding the pacification of the Narayana astra, the Pandavas again stood ready for battle. Duryodhana rushed to Ashvatthama and requested, "O foremost brahmana, release this weapon again for the Pandavas are forming their troops for victory."

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#492417 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Wow - very interesting! I suspect you are not alone with such experiences.
I'm glad topix has been helpful to you :) Yaaaaay!
Tide, you have to make your own podium. Very sorry. You can be lazy, like us, and just use topix as your podium, or you can be not lazy and start a web page, write something or go door to door :)
I'm writing something right now, on a web page, that's getting delivered to different "doors".

I'm livin' the dream!

Long Beach, CA

#492418 Feb 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
So do I but you should know thats exactly where its going in the name of tolerance. Its a slap in the face to so many that came before and had to deal with real racism. It is a choice to live in a way God never wanted people to live. In Romans it speaks of those that leave natural relations for unnatural ones. Say that and this sick world calls you a bigot. I say they will go to hell if they insist on staying of this damned path.
I won't veer from the path of denouncing bigots who call homosexuals perverts.

You'll have to get used to it.

Homosexuality, like race or national origin, is not a choice.

Long Beach, CA

#492419 Feb 22, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. This whole world is a type of perversion as it is ruled by the devil. Woe to them that put evil for good and good for evil. Thankful that now its just a temp gig. Soon very soon we are going to see the King!
Looneytunes.
These sorts of ramblings would be comical, if they weren't so damaging to our society.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492420 Feb 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It appears that you may be as willfully ignorant as the fundamentalist christians...
Perhaps because it brings into question the paradigm you wish to set in stone as unquestionable?
Rather than rely on wild interpretation, I rely on evidence. It has nothing to do with dogma.

You have convinced yourself that nuclear weapons existed 10 000 years ago and are now searching for anything, no matter how remote, to back up your claims. You're even willing to read only certain passages in mythological books and ignore all the stuff that doesn't speak to your ideas.

Sorry, but that's much more like fundamentalism than my position of relying on evidence. Show me the craters. Show me the radioactive battlefields. Show me the infrastructure early agriculturalists used to build their centrifuges and nuclear power plants. Or their mine shafts and refining centers for the uranium.

Please...the entire premise is laughable.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#492421 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha..... GOD gave me the internet
Nope. That was all science and technology.

:0

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min AN NFL FAN 120,773
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min It aint necessari... 796,785
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min marge 568,622
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 16 min Paul is dead 2,965
Scientific proof for God's existence 24 min let your brother rip 647
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 32 min Charlie Sheen 267,585
Keystone pipeline wins Senate vote in victory f... 34 min Fitzwalkerstan Pu... 18
More from around the web