“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#492372 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
@Scaritual...you keep saying things like you think I wanted an apology and that I got upset you didnt accept mine with class. What possible reason would there be for me to be upset? I barely know you and someone being classless in accepting an apology in a reflection on them. It makes no difference to me how you wish to come off. And even though you blamed your reaction to my earlier post and disregarded your original contact with me was argumentative I not only accepted your apology for what you called having a case of the ass and even said I understood how my post could have impacted your response. Yet despite that you want to keep making some issue out of it despite a corgial exchange after.
Don't be angry. It'll be OK.
Skombolis wrote:
That doesnt surprise me since it has become a pattern for some of you to display poor ethics in your zeal to rush to IANS defense.
I'm surprised you'd consider it poor ethics to defend someone - any one - who has been portrayed inaccurately and then that inaccurate portrayal has been the basis for your argument.

No, wait, I'm not surprised.

It's been pointed out that many of the people here that you've attached to some plot against you, have stood up for Christians, atheists, agnostics, homosexuals and other minorities, numerous times, and that applies to Ians, too.

But you don't want to acknowledge that, and that's why I'm not surprised.

My ethics dictate that sometimes I must speak up, no matter if >you< don't like it, >you< do like it, or >you< would prefer nothing was said at all.
Skombolis wrote:
Again, a reflection on you not me.
I'm fine with my reflection because it is myself and purely myself.

Your reflection is Christian.
Skombolis wrote:
I am sure a pattern not lost on many in here
Isn't it good that you're exampling it for them?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#492373 Feb 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Crap!
<quoted text>
I mean any preference that could be determined by empirical means at the time of birth or before.
<quoted text>
Both.
<quoted text>
Opposite sex relations can produce offspring, where same sex relations do not. Something like that can be the basis for a value that opposite sex relations are "better". In some settings, where a higher population poses a problem, the opposite value may arise, that same sex relations are "better", because you don't have to worry about supporting more children than you are capable of.
Other categories may be created in much the same way, based on observation and value assignment. Even though these categories may not have clear lines of definition, they become useful.
Some cultures don't see sex and sexual contact between same sex people to be sex. They just see it as entertainment. The WHO found that out when they interviewed about sex practices and tried to spread info about STDs -'cause the WHO researchers were all confused. Words like "gay" and "homosexual" have no meaning in such places, because such people use words like "play" to describe what basically all the men do.
We are pressured by our peers to adopt the same values, or be excluded. It's my way or the high way. Most people choose to conform. That's neither good nor bad, necessarily. We want the social interaction, and are willing to sacrifice some autonomy to get it. We can be trained, or train ourselves to change how we view the world and ourselves. Under different training, we would all be different people, drastically different.
Human beings are products capable of helping build themselves. Every new generation has opportunities that did not exist before.
Totally - well said.

It's worth noting that you seem to have chosen different friends over your church friends, though. So the adult you actively chooses friends who share similar ways of understanding the world. That would kind of be the opposite of peer pressure :)

But I'm sure this new Tide's social circle has its own kinds of pressure.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492374 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Cheers and Peace to you also Skom; and in my opinion, you have made a great choice by moving on :)
Recall, they have come here for the purpose of stirring us up, and we shouldn't let them succeed, we should be who it is we have set out to be (IMHO)
I know you are right and it was a mistake to indulge it from the beginning. I do think it is beneficial to show how some that criticize the 'church' are nothing more than common bigots trying to dress themselves up as something noble but as far as almost all the rest goes it simply is giving the attention sought. If it was motivated by something genuine or civil it would be different but most of it is just hate of faith and looking for different avenues in which to express it. Not all but a lot anyway(T) PEACE
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#492375 Feb 22, 2013
I wanna' tell you something,America. When you look out into the pews of a church and you see people of different races in the audience,in my opinion,that says that preacher,or pastor,has something very REAL going on,in relation to knowing how to reach out to many different PEOPLE,and not just 'certain people': http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#492376 Feb 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>And it's obvious that your lack of belief is what has shaped your opinion of this matter, otherwise you wouldn't believe that standing on God's Word is "hate speech" or bigotry, as for labeling them perverts, they are such as what they do is against nature itself.
Exactly. This whole world is a type of perversion as it is ruled by the devil. Woe to them that put evil for good and good for evil. Thankful that now its just a temp gig. Soon very soon we are going to see the King!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#492377 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand you guys circle the wagons even harder the worse he makes a fool of himself but man, laying it on a little thick today no?
<quoted text>
You will be waiting a long time as there is nothing left to say. You guys can try to spin and justify and drool over him all you want. Quite frankly it is becoming hard to take a lot of people seriously the way the fawn over not only some dude on the Internet but a guy so obviously dishonest and hateful
I understand he is looked at by some as the leader of your "humanist" group
To me he is a simply a guy that says things like this
"Nor am I bigoted against Christians. I detest their infection."
Which to me and I know quite a few others not so enamored with him is the comments of a bigot and a liar is total denial or lying because of his ego
You don't come across as a person with much self confidence and you get pretty angry when you are incapable of defending yourself.

Listen, Skom, what you claimed about IANS simply isn't true. You weren't able to demonstrate that he lied and you're unable to demonstrate that he's a bigot. You are just latching onto these insults because you don't like IANS.

That's weak.

And now you're lashing out at me for stating the obvious. That's even weaker. I honestly don't care what you feel about me or IANS. To me, you're words on a page - sometimes understanding, empathetic words, sometimes angry, childlike and insulting words.

Don't take me seriously if you don't want to. No need to.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#492378 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
Thou shalt not kill.....
what makes you think murderers are Christians?
They can also read in the same book, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

Not all Christians murder. Not all murderers are Christian. Several murders taking place recently in Africa have been committed by Christians justified in their actions by words in the Bible, that they believe, because they are Christian.

If that didn't get though, I can rephrase it.
simplyput

Aurora, CO

#492379 Feb 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed ((((IRRIRA)))), you can pick up that spirit in whatever music you listen to if you are not careful, I personally hate the loud hip-hop rapping lyric's of today's youth, I much perfer the glorifying music of our Lord Jesus Christ, and I admit that I still like some of the old school R&B music of the 60's, 70's and some 80's that I grew up with, but try not to listen to that too often as it is best to soothe your soul with hymns and praises of Christ.
Hope you have a Blessed weekend my friend.
&fe ature=share&list=PLBBF27DA 39C4899A5

this is a good one.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#492380 Feb 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. awesome ..
CATCHER: it's short, watch it.
.. rainbows forever ..
I think it is awesome too :)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#492381 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Pentecosts believe in mostly the same thing as evangelicals. Not entirely though.
Pentecosts believe in things like speaking in tongues, seeing visions, miracle healings, etc whereas evangelicals don't.
If you must label everything, I'm closer to Pentecostal than Evangelical.
I'm aware of this. You're what to myself is the "New Christian", and that means pretty vague, and you may claim to believe or not believe in any portion of any part of Christianity with no real tie to any Christian specifics, except to say that you say you are a CHRISTIAN.

BTW, I' don't mean that as a slight.

Just sayin.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
...and devastatingly handsome.
hahaa... Yeah, well, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#492382 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
Burn a little kid to death?
Can you provide me that link please. I will use it as a protest against inhumane acts; something I believe in.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/18/afri...

Dated: 10/18/09

"The idea of witchcraft is hardly new, but it has taken on new life recently partly because of a rapid growth in evangelical Christianity. Campaigners against the practice say around 15,000 children have been accused in two of Nigeria's 36 states over the past decade and around 1,000 have been murdered. In the past month alone, three Nigerian children accused of witchcraft were killed and another three were set on fire."

#492383 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I know you are right and it was a mistake to indulge it from the beginning. I do think it is beneficial to show how some that criticize the 'church' are nothing more than common bigots trying to dress themselves up as something noble but as far as almost all the rest goes it simply is giving the attention sought. If it was motivated by something genuine or civil it would be different but most of it is just hate of faith and looking for different avenues in which to express it. Not all but a lot anyway(T) PEACE
Yes; that is why I posted the links from the other forum (Atheist) regarding the invitation to come over here.... although this forum hasn't reached the low level of the Atheist one (IMHO) they are trying to take it down there. It is not fair to not only us, but also to any newcomer who is looking for something that perhaps, we might have for them :)

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#492384 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It should be illegal for fat broads to wear that line of clothing.
What? They're just Extra Juicy.

Clearwater and Honolulu

#492385 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I know you are right and it was a mistake to indulge it from the beginning. I do think it is beneficial to show how some that criticize the 'church' are nothing more than common bigots trying to dress themselves up as something noble but as far as almost all the rest goes it simply is giving the attention sought. If it was motivated by something genuine or civil it would be different but most of it is just hate of faith and looking for different avenues in which to express it. Not all but a lot anyway(T) PEACE
I agree. As you know I came up in the rcc and have seen people that were really sad and had no problem calling out its problems and others just use it as an excuse to condemn the entire church. God knows who are His. On another note its a sad thing that sickos go to where kids are. When I was doing a/c work here I had no idea of the number of teachers that have been caught as well. As the chuch overall its small numbers but if its your kid there is no excuse.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#492386 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Listen, Skom, what you claimed about IANS simply isn't true. You weren't able to demonstrate that he lied and you're unable to demonstrate that he's a bigot.
IANS is probably one of the biggest bigots on Topix. He's bigoted against Christians.

If you can't see that, you either a fool (not likely) or you're too much against Christians, just like him.

Take what he says, erase the word "Christian" & replace it with "gay", or replace "church" with "gay bar", then you might notice.

Bigotry shouldn't be tolerated coming from either direction.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#492387 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it will, HL. Have a little faith.
.. any solution must be open to all people regardless of religion, culture or nation. We will never achieve peace on our shrinking planet unless our peace is respectful of everybody ..

.. the only solution I can imagine is to rely on the relevant evidence regarding homosexuality with open-mindedness, honesty and reasonableness ..

.. to this solution any person of good-will should be able to agree. But, some churches stand in direct opposition to this solution. Some staunch bible-believers seem to think that, because they hold something as true, it is true, period, and no one should dare call it wrong ..

.. am I mistaken, unfair or unkind to say outright that such thinking is irrational? Some posters on this thread know nothing of coherent reasoning or evidenced argument, they don't want to know about it. Instead, they post rants about immoral perverts ..

.. how can anyone ever debate someone from such a position? The impossibility of any discussion evinces the irrationality of their prejudiced position ..

.. please, don't reply to this post. I'm just venting. Will be returning to my normal position of not responding to the hate spewed by SOME 'good' Christians on this thread ..

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492388 Feb 22, 2013
Scaritual...lol, talk about delusional. If it helps your fragile ego to feel I am upset with how some anonymous poster i dont know on the Internet responded be my guest! I can see why more and more each day how empty some of your lives must be for the things you place such importance on. And no the lack of ethics I was talking about is someone who is classless when accepting an apology and then even after admitting (for show it would seem) becomes so desperate that he needs to lie and show a lack of class for someone who accepted his apology (that he blamed partially on someone else) with class. I am actually appreciative you are demonstrating so vividly the type of ethics some that bash the church have. Among civilized people it is a given to accept an apology with grace or to do the same when someone accepts yours. Thank you for showing the difference between us

#492389 Feb 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
They can also read in the same book, "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."
Not all Christians murder. Not all murderers are Christian. Several murders taking place recently in Africa have been committed by Christians justified in their actions by words in the Bible, that they believe, because they are Christian.
If that didn't get though, I can rephrase it.
I asked for the link to burning the child ~ I have re-requested it because obviously such a huge question was too much for you to intake. Recall, my own sister was burned to death as a child, and you have roused my need to protest against burning children.

Please provide the link..... a 4 word question surely is not too difficult to comprehend?

Clearwater and Honolulu

#492390 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't come across as a person with much self confidence and you get pretty angry when you are incapable of defending yourself.
Listen, Skom, what you claimed about IANS simply isn't true. You weren't able to demonstrate that he lied and you're unable to demonstrate that he's a bigot. You are just latching onto these insults because you don't like IANS.
That's weak.
And now you're lashing out at me for stating the obvious. That's even weaker. I honestly don't care what you feel about me or IANS. To me, you're words on a page - sometimes understanding, empathetic words, sometimes angry, childlike and insulting words.
Don't take me seriously if you don't want to. No need to.
You are blind. The guy is here posting his hate night and day. He is an accuser night and day. I know I've read that someplace...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#492391 Feb 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
I'm aware of this. You're what to myself is the "New Christian", and that means pretty vague, and you may claim to believe or not believe in any portion of any part of Christianity with no real tie to any Christian specifics, except to say that you say you are a CHRISTIAN.
Whatever you want to call it, I'm a born again Christian.

I've never felt the need for labels like you seem to be.
BTW, I' don't mean that as a slight.
Just sayin.
I didn't take it that way.
... Yeah, well, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
You wanna hold me?! Aw, scar.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Dixie Chickie 778,742
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 min AussieBobby 265,476
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 4 min UIDIOTRACEUMAKEWO... 4,918
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 35 min Tony17 560,565
Gay snapchat names 1 hr raye 180
Why the Lamborghini Aventador is FASTER than th... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
The King of '4-wheeled BEASTS'! 2 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 17 hr risque 137
More from around the web