Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492238 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ but why is it that Christian's are getting flack for saying nothing? Oh, that's right, we're Christians. Thank GOD and JESUS we are expecting it, otherwise we might take it personally :)
Christians get flack for saying anything. Christians get flack for saying nothing.

Haters hate, it's what they do *shrugs*

<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492239 Feb 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
Well Lookie here....It is Friday

:-)

“But who prays for Satan?
Who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?”

~ Mark Twain

Thought for the Day
Interesting thought...

:D

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492241 Feb 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>You are unteachable. You can't make a distinction between criticism of an idea and criticism of the individuals abused by it.

An idea that gets into your head is like an organism that gets into your body. If I say that I hate tuberculosis, I am not talking about the people afflicted with it. If I were to wage a war against tuberculosis, you would call me a bigot that hates people with TB.

Would you prefer it if I said that all Christians are morally corrupt? I never have. Nor am I bigoted against Christians. I detest their infection.
You are the nastiest, worst teacher I've ever seen.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492242 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha

"Nor am I bigoted against Christians. I detest their infection."

hahahahahahaha
LOL

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492243 Feb 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey JL......

Wondered where you went.....Hope you are doing good....

:-)
I am :)

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#492244 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Gays don't need to feel bad or make amends to people they have given aids to as their medical records are protected unless there is proof they did so knowingly which is almost impossible to prove
Oh, someone thought that was a negative implication towards gay people? I know I made it look like everyone by listing them in a group and gave an example something only a terrible person would do but I wasn't actually doing any of that. I am simply describing the law and the fact that I am sure some don't feel bad.
This is how IANS operates
Ugly from the other side isn't it?
The laws pertaining to HIV/AIDS confidentiality applies to all HIV/AIDS patients...not just to the gay person. If it only applied to gays...that would be giving them "special rights" instead of "equal rights".

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492245 Feb 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>JL....You said you are no longer a Christian...What changed your heart?
Truth, unequivocal truth :)

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492246 Feb 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>JL....You said you are no longer a Christian...What changed your heart?
It was more of a mind thing, my heart was never into it, I didn't feel any less miserable, now I hum :D

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492247 Feb 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Well stated, but I thought that "You are a perfect example that one does not need to be a christian to be arrogant, condescending, rude and a pushy bully." was my job.

Dang, I will have try harder. <smile>
LOL!!!

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#492248 Feb 22, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the nastiest, worst teacher I've ever seen.
he is a product of his philosophy secular humanism, don't be surprised, he can't help his immorality, ugliness and hypocrisy.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492249 Feb 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>Let me give you an example:

A Christian will say something like "Jesus said "X"." then I ask "where did Jesus say 'X'?" and the reply is usually one of the following:

1. A verse where Jesus said "Y"
2. A verse where Paul said "X"
3. A Christian commentary/apologetic on how "Y" is actually "X"
4. An off-topic rambling response.
5. I am called a liar.
6. I am called an antichrist
7. I am told I deserve to be tortured for eternity
8. I am told that only "real Christians" can see the 'magic words' or some similar line of crap.
Poor you... Having to endure reverse persecution :'{

<3

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492250 Feb 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>Did you see the Encouraging Words today?

Encouraging Words....

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God

Ephesians 2:8
It sure is!!! Indeedly doodly :D

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492251 Feb 22, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>In order for me to accept your "peer review" I would need proof that you are indeed a peer.
Sorry Sera, there are quite a few here of whom I take corrective criticism and even give credence to their insults.
You do not happen to be one of them.

I like you but you are now playing out of your league (IMHO).
O_O

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#492252 Feb 22, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks LW.
But what got my curiousity up was why he included fire with the holy ghost as a means to baptism. I though it was contradictory to use fire as an entrance to eternal bliss and to use fire as an eternal torture..........
I'm sure there is some type of apologetic reasoning for it. After all the bible is 5000+ pages, there should be something in there to support it or explain it away.
I just think that the bible shouldnt have to be interpreted by others for me. Any one seeking should be able to pick it up and understand it w/o interpretation. When its interpreted am I not now dependant on the interpretor instead of the bible or God?
You know rider I can remember a time I most probably felt the same as you do.I can even understand all the diffent opinions and all the different beleifs.I not much of a talker to start with,I am more of a feeler.So I try to explain best I know how;

If your interest and only interested,but you got to want the knowledge and understanding first.

You read many a time that I written follow no man,Man know no more than you do.Man is also to quick to fail and fall too.

The Bible first is highly historicial piece of literature.With loads of information about mankinds walk thru history.If you so choose to take one bible story and lay it up next to a event of today and you will see a paralelle between them.Whether on a large scale or small scale.I often wondered why history repeated itself and yet mankind could not realize it was being repeated.Some of the historical parts have not been fulfilled here on earth yet and people think of this as fake yet it does happen given time and some just think of it as a mystery.

Then there is the spirit side of the Bible.Written by men moved by the spirit thru God.In thoses scriptures is saying for us all to use in our lives.God left it up to each of us to do our own interpertation of thoses verses as our spirit moves us to do.I find no place in the Bible that so states we should follow someone elses spirit.That is where I say it is up to us each to do our own individual walks with God.That in my eyes was a part of his plan to start with.Think about this the ten commandments were given as a gift from Him as a way to live good lives.None are hard to follow than there is the two greatest commandments love ye neighbor and love God with all thy heart again not all that much for one to obey and fulfill.

I also said it not my job to convert anyone that is God work of the heart.However I will share as I am moved to share and love.
Now you gotten me to talk more than usural for me.have a good day.

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492253 Feb 22, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>:?
Mmwah!!!

<3

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#492254 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessary
Just curious as to whether you can remember any examples that might stick out
It seems to be a pretty serious charge to say there is an orchestrated or deliberate attempt to smear Christians in favor of gays in tv shows and wanted to know if you remembered some of the more egregious examples
It just seems like you would be able to considering how you feel
Personally I think people regurgitate things like Fox soundbytes and get so used to saying things like "liberal media" and "liberal programming" that sometimes they get ahead of themselves and start making wild accusations and then it turns out they really didn't have anything to base it on. So i wanted to know if this was one such instance
do you like kathy griffen, sarah silverman and lewis black as comedians?

i think they are excellent examples of intense antichrist(ian) haters, who use their platform to promote antichrist propoganda. IMO, they personify Political Correctness, which in effect says 'everyone is welcomed, except conservatives and especially those of a Judeo-Christian nature'

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#492255 Feb 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you.

Then you don't consider Catholics Christians?
I don't consider Christians Christian at this point.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#492256 Feb 22, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
Truth, unequivocal truth :)
Rejecting "Christianity," as we know it (hence, the quotes), is one thing. Don't reject what's written, though. You'll notice, if you haven't already, that a major difference exists between what's written and what's being taught by the denominations of Christendom.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#492257 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Gays don't need to feel bad or make amends to people they have given aids to as their medical records are protected unless there is proof they did so knowingly which is almost impossible to prove
Replace "gays" with straights, blacks, whites, shorts, fats, balds, blondes, baseball players, or humans, and it would be true every time.

That is one reason why this is a flawed analogy.

The other reason, is that there is no gay doctrine. Christians, by definition, have to fulfill some requirement to be considered Christian. That requirement does not include feeling bad or making amends to those they hurt. Therefor, Christians do not need to feel bad or make amends, to be Christian.
Skombolis wrote:
Oh, someone thought that was a negative implication towards gay people?
Who? Not me. If you took out "need to" like you did while incorrectly paraphrasing IANS, it would look bad.
Skombolis wrote:
I know I made it look like everyone by listing them in a group and gave an example something only a terrible person would do but I wasn't actually doing any of that. I am simply describing the law and the fact that I am sure some don't feel bad.
This is how IANS operates
Ugly from the other side isn't it?
No. It's only ugly when you project ugliness onto it. There's nothing in the language that would suggest any ugliness.

I wrote a post to you with this analogy before.

Visitors to the museum do not need to donate to enjoy the museum.

Donation to the museum is not a requirement, just a suggestion. If the museum actually wanted every visitor to make a donation, it would have been a requirement.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#492258 Feb 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
And here I thought you passed out.
You know you don't think.

Don't be coy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min nanoanomaly 104,728
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min guest 673,322
............"I never HAD any toys"....... 10 min Doctor REALITY 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 53 min nanoanomaly 981,316
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 2 hr Peter Ross 445,814
_____POPE Francis 100% EXPOSED_____ 2 hr andet1987 10
Play "End of the Word" ..... Part 2 2 hr andet1987 66
More from around the web