|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>When he says 'your Religion' he is saying 'your Religion'... when he blames Christians, he has blamed all Christians, he has grouped us and labelled us and found us failing and guilty.
So be it, the world is an ocean too deep for us to swim everywhere, so we just swim where we can. I can't argue with those that I am swimming with, I can only swim; or sink. Sorry to talk in riddles sometimes, but sometimes, riddles make more sense than sensible words :)
Hey Serah

This life is tough, does believing in a GOD help you thru it?..the fact you are on the internet implies,..."No, a GOD doesn't help".

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

trifecta1 wrote:
Yes it is all good.
When you say biological evolution, you talking theoretical. Because is really a theory that some micro-organism crawl out of the water and became human.
Huh? Your description doesn't remotely resemble the information we have b/c of biological sciences. I apologize, but I have to assume you don't know what you're talking about.

Evolution is both fact and theory. If you don't understand this, you aren't educated in these matters and your thoughts on this subject are childlike and not worth reading.
Even then you would have to go back before that and believe gases appeared exploded turned into planets and somehow earth get the perfect environment for life. The Higgs Boson big discovery last yr rendered that theory dead.
The above is exactly what I mean. You write nonsense borne of ignorance.
That is why Buddhism became a void.
No, it's not. History will give you a much better understanding of Buddhism than uneducated, religious interpretations of science.
Because the meditations aspects of Buddhism was quite spiritually intense, the teachings as sound as any religion, the discipline ethical and worthy, bottom line the philosophy is atheism, no personal creator. Huge void. Had to leave that alone and keep searching.
Totally false. Buddhists are not atheists. I believe a dictionary can help you here.
Jesus Christ filled that void and made perfect sense, and Jesus Christ affirmed my beliefs.
Oh, I see. It's religious bigotry that drives your ignorance. Sure, sure...you miraculously happened upon the "one, true religion." All the other peoples are just crazy stupid. <sarcasm>

Grow up.

I stopped reading at this point because you're quite clearly immature and not capable of realizing that other peoples think. Since that's the case, your words are worthless, except to understand you as a person - and, to be honest, I'm just not that into unempathetic bigots.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody was commenting on the worst typo ever. This one is pretty good.
baaahhahahahhahahahha!

That was great! I laughed and laughed :)

thanks

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

I offer you the Christians of "Why Should Jesus Love Me?" as exhibit A. The Christian people of Nazi Germany are a good example of that Christian moral courage as well. As you well know, if you were a Jew in a concentration camp waiting for the tens of millions of church trained Christians in Nazi Germany to stand up and say, "This is wrong! Stop, Herr Hitler!" you were a dead Jew.
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Had the people involved been Christian, there would have been much smaller armies considering that the Christian would have refused to commit any form of violence against other Christians to begin with.
How would that have helped the Jews? The Nazis were almost exclusively Christians. It didn't help anybody but Hitler.

And Christians are more than happy to kill other Christians. What were the Poles and Czechs that Hitler conquered?

You've no doubt heard of the American and English civil wars. How many times have the British and French fought, or either of them against the Dutch or Spanish? Or the Irish amongst themselves. These are all examples of Christians killing other Christians.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ouch!
That's just it. If the person is going to be rude and write uneducated, boring and bigoted garbage, what's the point in being nice to them? I just want to tell them how stupid and damaging they are.

I think it's a failing in me.

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:

One can understand your effort to be more concise in that respect then.
I took it (early on) as arrogance.
Looking back at it, I do see where it could come off as arrogance. In trying to provide the light of truth in a realm of darkness, it seems in hammering it home to people who purposefully hold on to error filled doctrine and dubious traditions, it appeared I made it seem as if I was a lofty noble-man speaking to a bunch of ingnorant and uncivilized peasants. Surely, this is not the effect I desired.

In essense, I apologize to you and to all others that I made to feel lazy and unrighteous in their religion; this was not my intent. Even though the truth is no respecter of man, so my information may come off as having a lack of respect. Simply, I feel I may not know how to share crucial information any other way but to tell it like it is.

Basically, I won't please all of the people all of the time.

Shalom!

Andrew (CS).

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>When customers aren't allowed to caregiver unused data,THAT THEY 'PAID FOR',to their next billing cycle,what does that mean?? It means they're having MONEY STOLEN FROM THEM. Just keepin it REAL.
You still on this from two weeks ago!?!

Man, you got beat bad ,REALLY taken for a ride ,huh...

You feelin' like a Charms Pop?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
My question was simple and direct.
It's your agenda I'm concerned with.
G_O_D wrote:
Post the verse in the OT where Angels were having this alleged war and Satan leading them,
Problem #1- It doesn't matter what text it was recorded in. It's in the book called "Revelation" for a reason. It was a moment in time "revealed" to the prophet John. And if you reject the book called "Revelation," then from here on out, I must conclude that you reject every text not found in the Tanakh.

Problem #2- I asked you once already, but you didn't answer. As to this vision, are you understanding it in the correct chronological allotment?
G_O_D wrote:
where angles are said to have no genitals,
Here, I'm going out on a limb and assuming you're referring to where it's written, "For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven." If I'm right, then I must ask: Where in this verse does it say anything about the angels being without genitalia?
G_O_D wrote:
where angels are explained as uncreated spiritual beings (which would make then Gods), etc.
I've answered this already. There's no scriptures that even suggest that the angels aren't created.
G_O_D wrote:
Yet, you have not posted a single verse.
Thank you for proving that such angelic stories are pure fabrications of Christianity.
Are your questions and skepticism based on the scriptures, or on how people interpret the scriptures? I ask, because if you're suggesting that we reject what's written just because people misinterpret what's written, then I think it's time you re-adjust and re-direct your agenda. The fact that nobody can quote a verse that proves something that the bible doesn't say anyway proves absolutely nothing. And it's only those that have no structure, or are trying to build unprofitable arguments, that'll only believe a thing only if it's written in the Tanakh. It seems to me you're simply searching for excuses that you hope will validate your belief-systems.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Epiphany2 wrote:
Encouraging Words....
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God
Ephesians 2:8
K-Love
Hello Epi

I think it is a "Mean" thing to pretend a GOD is doing something for you simply because you speak or post nice words.

A GOD is not real.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
That's where the church comes in so handy - as the source of that stigma and hatred. <...edited...>
The Christian church appears to be the only significant source of homophobia in the West. It's not originating with the news media, nor Hollywood, nor the government, nor the schools. It's the church. The church has defined that value for America, which makes people's lives more difficult and dangerous. It does so selfishly in order to promote itself, and as far as I can see, offers nothing of value in return to offset the huge societal burden it imposes.
That's the definition of a societal parasite.
Wow - wake up call! I never thought of it that way, but wow.

How true. Religion is organized stigma and hatred of the marginalized.

Religion organizes society and the people in it reflect society. There are two ways to take this. First, religion isn't corrupt, but it's practitioner are. That's the message so many Christian leaders give, but it seems like illusion. It seems like illusion because of the fiction required for religion, the imagined reality that so neatly covers up discrimination and social inequalities - thereby furthering, if not promoting, them.

Second, religion itself promotes stigma to further itself. This point combines my append above, plus a reification of religion. That's dangerous, since religion has no separate existence from humans - but what it is about social performance of rituals that so unites people to discriminate against others, if not openly hate them?

I think it can only be that what we call religion is an organizing feature of humans "tribes" or groups. It unites them in common understanding against an "evil" other. It is then subsequently used by the charismatic and elite to produce social hierarchy. If true, the only solution is education and legal freedoms that promote equality.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Serah wrote:
Which Christians are you calling bastards? The Missionaries?
The ones killing people as witches, and any Missionaries whose action, or inaction, contributed to that behavior.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"I would ask you re-read the post I quoted you from IANS and tell me in your opinion is that post indicative of someone who feels Christians are indoctrinated?"
I just read your post, which is indicative that you believe such a thing:
"I don't deny those who start in the faith from an early age are subject to at least some indoctrination."
I don't know if I have made this claim explicitly like you have or not, but I wouldn't argue with it. Nor have I ever contradicted it.
You also wrote, "That doesnt mean however when becoming adults they aren't capable of shaping their own beliefs and feelings that can be very different than what they were first taught."
It also doesn't mean that they are capable of doing that. A few toss it all out and break free.
If you remain a Christian, by definition, you cannot have shaken off all of your indoctrination. Just look at the word "indoctrination." It means doctrine coming in, as in doctrine being downloaded into your young and impressionable head. And millions of other heads, too.
Those of you that don't escape the religion seem to largely agree on many central theses of Christianity, such as the nihilism, pessism and misanthropy that characterizes Christian doctrine. That's the in-doctrine of indoctriantion, the most pessimistic aspects being embodied in its doctrine of man's ineluctable sin nature (i.e., its hamartiology), its doctrine of his need for rescue and his abject inability to help himself (soteriology), and its doctrine of apocalypse (eschatology).
Anyway, I still don't know what you claim I said before - what you think it meant - or what your problem with it is. You seem to be saying that all Christians are indoctrinated yourself.
This caught my eye b/c the poster you write to was replying to me. That clears everything up and I will await Skom's reply with the post of yours that has troubled him so.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Truths wrote:
<quoted text>
(((((((RIDER)))))))))) <3
Thank you for sharing this ! It made me cry happy tears.
~~~~~~~~~~
this one? Maybe not (c:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rkOGMqoILR8XX
Hi Debra.........

Cute....
:o)
Justice

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
... These are all examples of Christians killing other Christians.
If you genuinely think Christians are all dangerous killers maybe you should move to a peaceful country like Afghanistan or Iraq.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

How would that have helped the Jews? The Nazis were almost exclusively Christians. It didn't help anybody but Hitler.
In case you missed it, I reiterated my response to you, realizing that my initial statements might not have explained my position enough and figuring I left enough for you to exploit. And again, I was responding to the statement regarding Christians and courageousness. In any case, Christians wouldn't have committed such atrocities against anyone, regardless of race, so forth and so on. If Christians were present, Hitler would have never have had the opportunity to murder so many people. And this would have helped the Jew-ish people drastically.
And Christians are more than happy to kill other Christians. What were the Poles and Czechs that Hitler conquered?
You've no doubt heard of the American and English civil wars. How many times have the British and French fought, or either of them against the Dutch or Spanish? Or the Irish amongst themselves. These are all examples of Christians killing other Christians.
Incorrect. People that call themselves "Christians" are more than happy to kill one another. You've only given examples of one group that believe they're Christian warring against another group that believes they're Christian. Such hypocrisy says nothing against the bible or Christianity, but against the claimants alone.

“ Xue Rengui”

Since: Oct 09

Khitan extraordinaire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Obviously, I agree, although from the other side of the dispute. I also believe in drawing a line in the sand and taking a stand.
Of course, I am often called angry and militant for it, whereas the believer tends to call himself a "Christian soldier" girt in "the full armor of God" who has "come not to bring peace, but to bring a sword"
(Smiles)

I can have respect for one who holds to a position unwaveringly, though I may disagree with said position.

Reminds me of something said to me as a boy trying out for a ball team. While playing in a lackadaisical fashion, had a team captain confront me with - "If you're going to play a position ..PLAY IT.. or let someone else who will..." (could translate 'or get off the team.').

Just curious, and if you don't feel comfortable answering I'll understand(though I do accept Tmail),in what denomination were you raise? I always like to ask of those who claim to be ex-Christian(and others who are and read, feel free)- kind of a survey (unscientific) I've been compiling.

You have a good day....

“Quo Vadis”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> We'll haft'a toast it there though! Gits real crusty, Y'know?! LOL!
Feathers ain't real dirty ...cept the mites!
I could spray forst though...
Aye. Pizza and beer isn't too shabby in this dark maelstrom called Topix. Leave some crumbs for the bige rats mate.

..and don't ferget da garlic bread Mr. Funder.

LOL x 8

Andrew (CS).

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Counter_Strike wrote:
This is wrong. Sexual intercourse with the same sex whether it be many times or on teh odd occasion is still homosexual.
No. You are entirely wrong here. Apparently you don't know history as well as you believe. Karl Maria Kertbeny invented the words homosexual, heterosexual, monosexual, heterogenit, and normalsexualitat to describe what he saw of sexual behaviour in the late 1800s.

The origin of the word "homosexuality" lies in German sexology and it specifically meant "one who has too much sex with the same sex."

You have a biased understanding of reality - it's religiously and culturally biased and you fail to realize this. You mistakenly believe that sexuality comes in homo and hetero and sometimes bi. That's just your culture's way of doing sex, sexual identity and sexuality. Other peoples in other times and cultures didn't and don't think about it as you do.

Hence, when I write to you, I know because of your limitations as a thinker, you will not understand what I write.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. never stopped. You'll always be my cute little born-again Christian curmudgeon ..
<quoted text>
.. rarely watch TV ..
<quoted text>
.. sorry, except for a few programs, I find television rather boring. I do enjoy Survivors and a few PBS specials ..
.. what programs do you enjoy watching ??..
".. sorry, except for a few programs, I find television rather boring"

this may be why you're not as negative as some of the rest of us!:)

i can't say that i "enjoy" watching much of anything, but like most of america, i do it cuz it's available when there's nothing else to do. i'm getting so very tired of the tired scripts and acting that i'm actually watching much more sports these days than i ever thought i would be.

you handled my venting very graciously, thanks!

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
What about the rich robbing the poor? Don't you think it might be wise to mention they are Bastards for starving the poor in one of the richest countries in our one world world? Ah, what the heck, you probably don't see the starving - you are too busy looking for something else. Don't even know why I bothered replying, really :(
I haven't gone on a tirade against the inequities of human existence in quite some time.

The reason is, it is very complex and takes a long time to cover everything that I think is relevant.

I bring up the "witch" killings in Africa by Christians to illustrate the point that they are following a Biblical command. They probably believe they are doing the right thing when they burn a little kid to death. They don't know any better because they haven't had hundreds of years of humanist tempering.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••