Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#492196 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And one cannot call Christians derogatory names without including me ! Or Epi, or Ham, or Truths, or Judy, or CBart, or the list that goes on and on and on....
But, I am so proud when they call us GODbots and Christards; I could not wish for any better compliment than those words :)
When I get all up in their face, they call me "Riverside retard".

I have to cry myself to sleep at night...
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#492197 Feb 22, 2013
What's going on nowadays behind closed doors in the churches is absolute and scandal.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#492198 Feb 22, 2013
lil whispers wrote:
He that cometh after me is mightier than I whose shoes I am not worthy to bear;He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire. Matthew 3:11
For anyone..........

I went to this verse because I found it odd that 'fire' was included with this verse..........I suppose if I was really ambitous and had the time I could have a better understanding of what it means by going back to the 5 verses it has referenced in the footnote and cross reference section.

But seriously, if our eternal lives depend on this book and the christian God wants us in heaven, shouldnt it be a whole lot easier then that?

I know if I had friends I wanted to invite for dinner, I wouldn't make them cross the forest of darkness to get them there..........Jus sayin.........

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492199 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

I really don't understand how many bad churches you had to go to before you came to your conclusion that Christian people are bad people, but I do feel sorry for you.
Its amazing to me someone like IANS who constantly stereotypes, slanders, broad-brushes, etc cant at least grasp the simple concept that he has no clue what 99% of Christians in the world think, do, or believe. But trying to get someone who is bigoted to see they are and especially when their ego is so big and they fancy themselves as part of some new movement with better ethics and they have half a dozen people reinforcing things to him no matter how preposterous is a pointless endeavor. He will spend the rest of his days hating and accomplishing absolutely nothing

My guess is he thinks about a time when the "humanist" group will be well-known and perhaps he will even be listed as their founder! I think he should go feed the pigeons so at least at the end of each day he would have accomplished something because Christians aren't going anyway nor are people going to be turned off by Christianity because of people like him

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#492200 Feb 22, 2013
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.Luke 19:10

Never man spake like this man.John 7:46

He taught them as one having authority and not as the scribes.Matthew 7:29

For His word was with power.Luke 4:32

I will open my mouth in parable;I will utter dark saying of old.Psalms 78:2

He will magnify the law and make it honorable.Isaiah 42:21

Location hidden

#492201 Feb 22, 2013
Well gotta go shovel snow before work..fun

gonna try to see if I missed any posts quickly

I notice is is mostly believers in here. I actually looked out of curiosity and took Ad-blocker off for a second and was surprised they were all positive on so many people's posts. It is 1:40 ET. I give it about 5 minutes before someone goes thru and changes all the icons.

LOL, changing the world one icon at a time:)

Have a good day everyone...the humanists as well:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#492203 Feb 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Nor am I bigoted against Christians. I detest their infection.
????

How's this:

" am not bigoted against gays. I detest their infection. "

You're such a fluckin bigot. You just don't know it.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#492204 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>
The time for you to justify yourself is over, as is the time for others to stand up.
when will the purveyors of your failed philosophy Secular Humanism stand up against your atrocious and embarrassing behavior on the billboard?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#492205 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not slandering them. He's critiquing them.
duuuuuuuuuuuh!
hee, hee, hee :)
Ya well, he ain't being very detailed...

Location hidden

#492206 Feb 22, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
my point was that the entire scenario was an exagerated & biased representation of any possible events and usually the serial perp gets the blame, but of course not in the case when they're 'gay' and when there was a 'christian' organization involved.
stereotypical hollywood brainwashing & hate propoganda at it's best!
So all the other stuff about gender roles and the women wearing the weaker sex for watching Criminal Minds and leaving out key elements of the what actually happened in the show to exaggerate what happened to make your point probably wasn't needed right?

You feel television is liberal and has an agenda against Christians and especially if concerning someone who is gay right? I realize asking is silly but some people deny everything they say for weird reasons. Can you list some other examples that has helped you formed this belief that tv programming is "stereotypical hollywood brainwashing & hate propoganda" against Christians and when defending gays?

I would have to believe someone who has come to feel as you do has because they feel they have seen this happen over and over again. What are just a few examples?

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#492207 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes..... purely and simply, look at what the other side is offering :)
Right. I mean we all see the evil that secular humanism can make someone. he come on here and boasts about all the virtues of secular humanism, and then we all see his hatred and vitriol going after skombolis writer.

So he revealed his philosophy to be nothing but a fraud and a sham. and that is what secular humanism offers best, hypocrisy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#492208 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Its amazing to me someone like IANS who constantly stereotypes, slanders, broad-brushes, etc cant at least grasp the simple concept that he has no clue what 99% of Christians in the world think, do, or believe. But trying to get someone who is bigoted to see they are and especially when their ego is so big and they fancy themselves as part of some new movement with better ethics and they have half a dozen people reinforcing things to him no matter how preposterous is a pointless endeavor. He will spend the rest of his days hating and accomplishing absolutely nothing
My guess is he thinks about a time when the "humanist" group will be well-known and perhaps he will even be listed as their founder! I think he should go feed the pigeons so at least at the end of each day he would have accomplished something because Christians aren't going anyway nor are people going to be turned off by Christianity because of people like him
You know, you're right.

My grandpa was the world's biggest bigot, he absolutely hated blacks, gays, Orientals, middle eastern's, etc. Basically anything that wasn't a white man or woman, he hated.

I tried and tried but there was no way to change his mind, absolutely none.

Ian this is the same way, just toward Christians.

“I.Spirit.Son.God”

Location hidden

#492209 Feb 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike CS, I don't judge people and call them perverts for their sexual orientation.
That is all.
women having sex with women and men having sex with men, is Perversion. And it will always be perversion, no matter if you buy all the time in the super bowl and scream normal, homosexuality will and always will be a sick perversion.

Location hidden

#492210 Feb 22, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just it. If the person is going to be rude and write uneducated, boring and bigoted garbage, what's the point in being nice to them? I just want to tell them how stupid and damaging they are.
I think it's a failing in me.
That's how many of us feel about IANS and his comments like the following

"Nor am I bigoted against Christians. I detest their infection."

I personally don't think it is a failing in you but then again I am probably biased since I feel the same way

The guy doesn't even know 99% of the Christians out there. That by anybody's definition makes him a bigot when he says things like this.

What if I said

"Nor am I bigoted against gays. I detest their infection."

I actually think it is a shame some of you guys can't see it or don't wanna see it. Having a bigot on your front lines just makes people more likely to dismiss the entire "movement", especially when they see people trying to defend the indefensible.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#492211 Feb 22, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
For anyone..........
I went to this verse because I found it odd that 'fire' was included with this verse..........I suppose if I was really ambitous and had the time I could have a better understanding of what it means by going back to the 5 verses it has referenced in the footnote and cross reference section.
But seriously, if our eternal lives depend on this book and the christian God wants us in heaven, shouldnt it be a whole lot easier then that?
I know if I had friends I wanted to invite for dinner, I wouldn't make them cross the forest of darkness to get them there..........Jus sayin.........

Agreed.
What sort of sick and perverted deity would eternally torture you for not undestanding its incomprensible "Word" ?

Further, what sort of pathetic loser would admire such a disgustingly evil deity ?
Adam

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#492212 Feb 22, 2013
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be a lucky guess. Could be that the bible writers had something else in mind.
Hey, get your own nick.Goddamn

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#492213 Feb 22, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Bonsoir mon amie Serahine, thank you for your input but it was not my intention to include you and Sora in among that group of people who do that, as you two are among the select FEW who do Not attack others for their beliefs.
Peace.
Bonjour mon ami, at this point in time there are too few of us who do not perhaps herein lies the problem. We do not practice what we preach.

Location hidden

#492214 Feb 22, 2013
<quoted text>

But what do you care, huh? You don't have to. You're not perfect, just forgiven.
You can try to justify your lies and denials about things you have clearly said as much as you want. Even your followers couldn't bring themselves to answer if you were lying as Tide said he didn't know, HL said she couldn't speak for you, and Hiding seemed unfamiliar with what the issue was and then didn't respond once it was clarified the problem wasn't whether you said indoctrination but rather that you would earlier deny you feel that way about all or most Christians

And the people who don't regularly come running to your defense and aren't impressed or enamored with a a retired old bigot that never cared about his patients but preaches humanism can see right thru you

Go feed some pigeons Dr DoLittle.

Location hidden

#492215 Feb 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you're right.
My grandpa was the world's biggest bigot, he absolutely hated blacks, gays, Orientals, middle eastern's, etc. Basically anything that wasn't a white man or woman, he hated.
I tried and tried but there was no way to change his mind, absolutely none.
Ian this is the same way, just toward Christians.
Yep

Just is what it is sometimes

Have a good one

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#492216 Feb 22, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
For anyone..........
Here is the referrence;The verse had to do with what words had John the Baptist announced Christ's ministry.

Rider anything worth having never comes easy.Now I talking of things money cannot buy such as love,respect,compassion,peace. ect.
Rider friends come and go but God is there with you always no matter your sin or shame or grace or love or all the inbetweens.
He never judges as man does.This is what people do not realize.This is not me just sayin it all written in the Bible.
The Bible is the guideline to enternal life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who won the debate 2016 ? 3 min Brian_G 9
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min truth 658,621
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 19 min Poppyann 3,023
Get to know about organic aloe drink 1.5L 59 min aloedrink 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Lonestar 70,702
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr I love Jesus 18,784
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 2 hr Johnny 4,985
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr _Drifter 974,708
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 hr here 282,955
More from around the web