|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you know that's not what I meant ..
My grandson used to be scared in the hallway; above that doorway I have a plaque, with the image of JESUS how HE is perceived, and the words inscribed;

*GOD's Peace be in this house; And all who live here:

And I told him, don't be scared (name), JESUS and GOD are looking after us and we don't need to be scared in the hallway (or similar), and he ran to the end of the hallway, grabbing the toys and playthings when he got there.

I talk to him about whistling in the dark when we feel the urge to run, Praying to GOD when things are going wrong, and giving him all the Spiritual encouragement I can muster.

My Grandchildren were here just after my Queen Puggy died; I would just let the tears roll down my cheeks; I cannot fight them or I sort of sob LOL, and took them to the spot where she died and moved on to Heaven.

They have held her Ashes in her little Urn, and been here when I ordered Pugstar on the net and know what it is to0 care and love animals. One would hope it is the parent's responsibility to help them love the Vessel that their Spirit has consumed, and not to fight it continually.

I am not sure what you meant, and I'm probably not sure what I mean either, but perhaps there are two sides to the coin?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
His last post made it clear he would never object to the idea Christians have been indoctrinated since childhood...EXCEPT..that is exactly what he did with Juicy as he does with so many people when the double-board certified doctor's pride can't concede a point being made against him so he lies.
Wrong in two ways.

First, you have mistaken what it was that I objected to. It wasn't about indoctrination. It was about paraphrasing using quotation marks.

And second, you changed Juicy's comment from something that I actually agree with to something that I disagree with by dropping two key words. This is characteristic of you. Besides making erroneous assumptions and calling others "liar" on the basis of them, you are intellectually sloppy. You seem to be unable to understand what you read or to hold a thought without corrupting it.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Serah,
Thats sad!! Have a blessed day.
You too, Grace; it is getting on for 10:30pm Fri night here and almost ready to toss it in :) Perhaps it is not really so sad for G, but perhaps his inner battles keep him swinging?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Of course it is. That is central to my argument against the church. It inculcates a foul philosophy in as many people as it can to whatever extent it allows them. Individual Christians vary in the degree to which they can be said to be indoctrinated with Christianity.
And according to Hiding, we are all all indoctrinated with Christianity to some extent, although I believe that encultured or enculturated was her word. She used the example of the homo-hetero dichotomy of human sexuality being a Christian concept accepted by atheists as well.
In just one post with somebody like you, an order of magnitude more substantial information is exchanged that in one with Dim, whose posts are maelstroms of confusion. What in hell is he saying? Do you know?
I have no idea what Dim's brouhaha is about. Does he think that I denied that Christians were indoctrinated to Juicy? Why would I say that? If Christians weren't indoctrinated by their, that church wouldn't be a problem. What have I been saying since day one other than that we need to reduce the church's influence on people's thinking - their hatreds and self-loathings?
Hah!

What a load of garbage? You probably think there are third world countries :0 )

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes they run, when they're on the lamb.
Don't tell me you herd that one.
*** https://www.google.com.au/search...

Have you ever seen the treacherous paths that sheep follow? Amazing stuff, in my eyes, meandering their way up the mountains and leaving a path of not very many inches wide.

You may know that the Gates are narrow; but then again, you may not and probably care less. You might think it is an insult to be called a Sheep, and others think it a might compliment. We are who we are, and I am indeed happy to follow that narrow path to safety.

And of course, love life along the way!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Thanks.
I call that church a societal parasite because it takes and takes and takes,returning virtually nothing of value. Christian homophobia is but one of several burdens it imposes on society. The atheophobia is just as repulsive.
Then there's the sexual prudery of ancient sexual mores and all of the guilt that causes for people, many who are ashamed to enjoy sex because of it.
And there is the antiscientism that is making American and Americans weaker.
And the self-forgiveness that teaches the kind of behavior we have been witnessing here.
And the infantilism of Christian ideology, which aims to keep people frightened, ignorant, dependent, and hoping for magic.
And the deep pessimism and nihilism of Christian doctrine. What is the cost of feeling alienated in a world that you are taught to disesteem?
And for what in return? I hear about it teaching Christian love. No thanks. Or Christian morals. More fail. Or Christian spirituality. What a joke.
We are told about Christian charity. I don't accept their claim on their word. We saw how little of the money donated to Mother Teresa's charity's made it to the poor - less than ten percent. What would unannounced audits of the books of a hundred churches chosen at random reveal? No doubt that Christian charity is far less than the tax break it gets to administer whatever crumbs it can spare for the poor.
Anyway, in biology, an entity that sucks you dry and makes you sick without giving back is called a parasite. And this church is just that, like a giant, swollen tick festering on a culture.
Do you pay tax? Who are you feeding?()or should I say did you pay tax?)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Mind you this is a man who says that saying Christians don't need to apologize of make amends to those they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness isn't a negative implication towards Christians and a man who regularly substitutes "Christians" with "church" to dishonestly disguise his bigotry while claiming he is targeting nobody so take it for what it is
You are unteachable. You can't make a distinction between criticism of an idea and criticism of the individuals abused by it.

An idea that gets into your head is like an organism that gets into your body. If I say that I hate tuberculosis, I am not talking about the people afflicted with it. If I were to wage a war against tuberculosis, you would call me a bigot that hates people with TB.

Would you prefer it if I said that all Christians are morally corrupt? I never have. Nor am I bigoted against Christians. I detest their infection.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You are unteachable. You can't make a distinction between criticism of an idea and criticism of the individuals abused by it.
An idea that gets into your head is like an organism that gets into your body. If I say that I hate tuberculosis, I am not talking about the people afflicted with it. If I were to wage a war against tuberculosis, you would call me a bigot that hates people with TB.
Would you prefer it if I said that all Christians are morally corrupt? I never have. Nor am I bigoted against Christians. I detest their infection.
hahaha

"Nor am I bigoted against Christians. I detest their infection."

hahahahahahaha

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Good night, I am off to hit the hay :)

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
The building itself teaches dogma. beliefs, etc?
LOL. I might as well be conversing with a rock.
Skombolis wrote:
It is his way of being bigoted while pretending he is really against ideology
How would it have manifested if I were telling the truth? What if I really meant what I said - that I don't hate Christians, but I do hate the belief system that they have been infected with, and the institution that perpetuates such teaching? What would a person that believes that write, and in what way does my writing differ from that which allows you to say with such authority that I am not that person?
Skombolis wrote:
When he thinks the vast, vast majority of Christians think in a way he is opposed to then he is equally against them
How can you say that? What evidence is there that I am against those people? I am for those people, although I don't know how to help them, since all I can offer them is reasoned argument, which is no match for faith, just as antibiotics are no match for extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis organisms.

But I hope to help those not yet infected. Prevention is the key.
Skombolis wrote:
he says things like "your religion is useless and so are you"
That I would agree with, although my guess is that I didn't use those exact words. I have no record of my using those words, and neither does Google: http://snipurl.com/26g7nm0

Why do you continue to paraphrase and use quotation marks? It's dishonest - a sort of reverse plagiarism, but instead of stealing my words and claiming they were yours, you put your words into my mouth. It's dishonest, and you've been told as much repeatedly.

But what do you care, huh? You don't have to. You're not perfect, just forgiven.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about the last 3 years Teddy mentioned but I know what seems to have started it recently.
Teddy said he didn't discount the existence of a Creator but would need proof/evidence/whatever.
Skom pointed it out to Teddy and Teddy denied it... then admitted to saying evidence instead of proof which is what Skom said.
Then Skom said Teddy is a liar and Teddy said Skom is Dim... and it went from there, lots of words and pomp and name calling signifying nothing.
Yep, let the kids fight it out... next they'll be arguing about the other one 'looking at me!'
LOVE ya G <BRIGHT smile>>
Hey JL......

Wondered where you went.....Hope you are doing good....

:-)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
1 - I am no longer a christian because of many of the things you have described.
2 - I happen to agree with a lot of what you say just not the hateful way in which you speak to people.
3 - You are no better than anyone, especially when you display the exact kind of behaviour you are claiming to want to put a stop to.
4 - You are a perfect example that one does not need to be a christian to be arrogant, condescending, rude and a pushy bully.
5 - Your abuse says everything anyone ever needs to know about you.
I love you Teddy but I won't put up with you flinging excrement in my face and you can no longer blame it on my religion, my intellect will not abide it. If by taking action you mean verbally abuse random people on a forum than forget it, I'll leave that to you. To me, taking action, requires a lot more than words, especially spiteful ones designed to cause strife.
You don't like it? Tough, don't read my posts.
<3
JL....You said you are no longer a Christian...What changed your heart?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
What makes you think that this statement is correct?
***Serah, this is what I mean about Christianity obstructing authentic spiritual experience. The natural experience involves a direct appreciation of the here and now with or without gods.***
Experience.

Personal experience, and the experiences that others have shared with me. I know what an authentic spiritual experience feels like, and I know what kinds of reactions it tends to evoke. The cardinal feature of the experience is a sense of connectivity.

How can you have a spiritual experience if you think that you aren't a part of this world and that you are temporarily trapped in failed flesh waiting to go to a better one when you're dead?

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
1 - I am no longer a christian because of many of the things you have described.
2 - I happen to agree with a lot of what you say just not the hateful way in which you speak to people.
3 - You are no better than anyone, especially when you display the exact kind of behaviour you are claiming to want to put a stop to.
4 - You are a perfect example that one does not need to be a christian to be arrogant, condescending, rude and a pushy bully.
5 - Your abuse says everything anyone ever needs to know about you.
I love you Teddy but I won't put up with you flinging excrement in my face and you can no longer blame it on my religion, my intellect will not abide it. If by taking action you mean verbally abuse random people on a forum than forget it, I'll leave that to you. To me, taking action, requires a lot more than words, especially spiteful ones designed to cause strife.
You don't like it? Tough, don't read my posts.
<3
Well stated, but I thought that "You are a perfect example that one does not need to be a christian to be arrogant, condescending, rude and a pushy bully." was my job.

Dang, I will have try harder. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
No it's not. I have already defined what I mean. Next time, ask me what I mean.
"The church" is like a university - it is an abstraction. Every physical element of Harvard university may disappear and be replaced. In a thousand years, if it still exists, every student at Harvard will have been replaced by others countless times, every professor replaced, every book replaced, and possibly every building replaced. The location may have changed, or there may be no location - just a website. But it will still be Harvard university, which transcends the physical.
Likewise with your church. Every priest and pastor has been switched out countless times, as is true of every congregant, every building and every bible and hymnal. What persists is an evolving institution - a set of tradition, a way of knowing, an ethical system, a metaphysical system, a psychology, a methodology, a doctrine and the like. It has an existence independent of any person or physical object.
That is the church. I have posted this definition many times.
<quoted text>
Nope. See above.
I have already told you how I feel about all of you. I don't hate you. I see you as victims of the church even more so than those of us who have avoided or escaped it.
The church has stamped its values into you. It is the reason for the different set of responses we have seen from all of you compared to the humanists here.
<quoted text>
Can you show me where I have done that?
Excellent post. Thanks.

I agree.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Skom; Peace and Blessings to you ~ I don't want to interfere in your 'debates' with IANS, but it is harder to walk away than fight.
On saying that, and probably saying it to the wrong person, but I am intending to go and see the Dalai Lama and very excited to boot.
BEYOND RELIGION, THE BENEFITS OF LIVING ETHICALLY.
“Beyond Religion, the 14th Dalai Lama on the Benefits of Living Ethically” provides thought provoking scope to explore the positive impact of ethical behaviour on ourselves, our loved ones, fellow human beings, communities, countries and ultimately our shared global community. With relevance across all Australian society - the discussion of the benefits of life lived ethically will resonate with individuals, families, academics, educators, medical, legal and commercial professionals, regulators, leaders, business owners, people of all ages andcultural backgrounds.
The public events throughout the visit will carry the message from His Holiness’ recent book,“Beyond Religion; Ethics for a Whole World”.
THE VISIT SCHEDULE
During the 10 day visit in 2013, His Holiness will visit Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and for the first time, Darwin, the capital city of theNorthern Territory.
The visit dates will be as follows:
13-18 June - Sydney
18-20 June - Melbourne
20-21 June - Adelaide
22-23 June - Darwin
For the 2013 Visit, the Teachings will occur in Sydney and in all the major cities visited, His Holiness will offer a Public Talk.
Auxiliary events engaging Buddhist communities, the Tibetan Community and other partner/ stakeholder groups will also be included in the schedule.
His Holiness will also attend and speak at the Young Minds Conference in association with the St James Ethics Centre and Good Start Early Learning Centre in Sydney; Happiness and its Causes Conference in Melbourne.
http://www.dalailamainaustralia.org/pages/... ***
I always recall the words of JESUS ~
John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one.....
And we have no idea who these other sheep will be that hear the voice of JESUS.... but perhaps we can 'assume' that they will hear HIS voice once they have given up their ghost.
Just let it go between you and he; and bring back to yourself inner peace :) Blessings of Peace to us all, we are all HIS Children, and HE loves us xx
I found this and thought it would go with your post....

“If Jesus, Moses, the Buddha and Mohammed
were to bump into each other along the road
and go have a cup of tea or whatever,
I think we all know
they would treat one another far different and far better
than a lot of their followers would.”

~ Brian D. McLaren

P*E*A*C*E

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Which part of the Bible are you referring to now, G?
Let me give you an example:

A Christian will say something like "Jesus said "X"." then I ask "where did Jesus say 'X'?" and the reply is usually one of the following:

1. A verse where Jesus said "Y"
2. A verse where Paul said "X"
3. A Christian commentary/apologetic on how "Y" is actually "X"
4. An off-topic rambling response.
5. I am called a liar.
6. I am called an antichrist
7. I am told I deserve to be tortured for eternity
8. I am told that only "real Christians" can see the 'magic words' or some similar line of crap.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Serah,
Thats sad!! Have a blessed day.
Did you see the Encouraging Words today?

Encouraging Words....

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God

Ephesians 2:8

“Love much, trust none”

There

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>See what I mean about your pendulum? What religion is it that kills people on behalf of RR?
Where did I say any religion kills on behalf of RR ?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
He apologized, and in a subsequent post became upset that I didn't accept the apology with class
Dim is such a class act himself that he demands no less from others.
scaritual wrote:
I think that is in large part due to the status the atheist holds in the world, but especially so in the U.S.
We're almost always and universally assumed to be "up to no good", treacherous, the dregs of society. Immoral. Incapable of benefiting society in any way. Think about this. How many times, just this year, have you been told you're gonna burn in hell, and that all of societies ills are due to atheists, and that even when a theist does something that is less than exemplary, it's often said: "they are actually an atheist. I hope you atheists enjoy burning in hell, you deserve it and I can't wait to watch". How many times? I really couldn't begin to count the times.
Agreed. That is a problem for us, although as a result of our growth and growing unwillingness to be defined that way by anybody, it will become a problem for the church. On that basis alone, I feel that I have the right to describe that church in derogatory terms.

Of course, that makes me a bigot to these people. Double standard.
scaritual wrote:
People may say I'm defending you. So be it. They should also know I've defended Al Garcia, whom I consider a friend, and he is a Christian, too. You've done the same. Not just for Al.
Dim doesn't mind the hordes that come out of the woodwork to criticize my words in defense of him, just those who do the opposite. Double standard.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 min ChristineM 226,165
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 538,615
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Clearwater 173,259
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min WasteWater 257,770
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 12 min Buck Crick 732,535
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min WasteWater 94,611
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 27 min WasteWater 4,312
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••