“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#492096 Feb 22, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
1 - I am no longer a christian because of many of the things you have described.
2 - I happen to agree with a lot of what you say just not the hateful way in which you speak to people.
3 - You are no better than anyone, especially when you display the exact kind of behaviour you are claiming to want to put a stop to.
4 - You are a perfect example that one does not need to be a christian to be arrogant, condescending, rude and a pushy bully.
5 - Your abuse says everything anyone ever needs to know about you.
I love you Teddy but I won't put up with you flinging excrement in my face and you can no longer blame it on my religion, my intellect will not abide it. If by taking action you mean verbally abuse random people on a forum than forget it, I'll leave that to you. To me, taking action, requires a lot more than words, especially spiteful ones designed to cause strife.
You don't like it? Tough, don't read my posts.
<3
Well stated, but I thought that "You are a perfect example that one does not need to be a christian to be arrogant, condescending, rude and a pushy bully." was my job.

Dang, I will have try harder. <smile>

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492097 Feb 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. I have already defined what I mean. Next time, ask me what I mean.
"The church" is like a university - it is an abstraction. Every physical element of Harvard university may disappear and be replaced. In a thousand years, if it still exists, every student at Harvard will have been replaced by others countless times, every professor replaced, every book replaced, and possibly every building replaced. The location may have changed, or there may be no location - just a website. But it will still be Harvard university, which transcends the physical.
Likewise with your church. Every priest and pastor has been switched out countless times, as is true of every congregant, every building and every bible and hymnal. What persists is an evolving institution - a set of tradition, a way of knowing, an ethical system, a metaphysical system, a psychology, a methodology, a doctrine and the like. It has an existence independent of any person or physical object.
That is the church. I have posted this definition many times.
<quoted text>
Nope. See above.
I have already told you how I feel about all of you. I don't hate you. I see you as victims of the church even more so than those of us who have avoided or escaped it.
The church has stamped its values into you. It is the reason for the different set of responses we have seen from all of you compared to the humanists here.
<quoted text>
Can you show me where I have done that?
Excellent post. Thanks.

I agree.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

#492098 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Skom; Peace and Blessings to you ~ I don't want to interfere in your 'debates' with IANS, but it is harder to walk away than fight.
On saying that, and probably saying it to the wrong person, but I am intending to go and see the Dalai Lama and very excited to boot.
BEYOND RELIGION, THE BENEFITS OF LIVING ETHICALLY.
“Beyond Religion, the 14th Dalai Lama on the Benefits of Living Ethically” provides thought provoking scope to explore the positive impact of ethical behaviour on ourselves, our loved ones, fellow human beings, communities, countries and ultimately our shared global community. With relevance across all Australian society - the discussion of the benefits of life lived ethically will resonate with individuals, families, academics, educators, medical, legal and commercial professionals, regulators, leaders, business owners, people of all ages andcultural backgrounds.
The public events throughout the visit will carry the message from His Holiness’ recent book,“Beyond Religion; Ethics for a Whole World”.
THE VISIT SCHEDULE
During the 10 day visit in 2013, His Holiness will visit Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and for the first time, Darwin, the capital city of theNorthern Territory.
The visit dates will be as follows:
13-18 June - Sydney
18-20 June - Melbourne
20-21 June - Adelaide
22-23 June - Darwin
For the 2013 Visit, the Teachings will occur in Sydney and in all the major cities visited, His Holiness will offer a Public Talk.
Auxiliary events engaging Buddhist communities, the Tibetan Community and other partner/ stakeholder groups will also be included in the schedule.
His Holiness will also attend and speak at the Young Minds Conference in association with the St James Ethics Centre and Good Start Early Learning Centre in Sydney; Happiness and its Causes Conference in Melbourne.
http://www.dalailamainaustralia.org/pages/... ***
I always recall the words of JESUS ~
John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one.....
And we have no idea who these other sheep will be that hear the voice of JESUS.... but perhaps we can 'assume' that they will hear HIS voice once they have given up their ghost.
Just let it go between you and he; and bring back to yourself inner peace :) Blessings of Peace to us all, we are all HIS Children, and HE loves us xx
I found this and thought it would go with your post....

“If Jesus, Moses, the Buddha and Mohammed
were to bump into each other along the road
and go have a cup of tea or whatever,
I think we all know
they would treat one another far different and far better
than a lot of their followers would.”

~ Brian D. McLaren

P*E*A*C*E

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492099 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Which part of the Bible are you referring to now, G?
Let me give you an example:

A Christian will say something like "Jesus said "X"." then I ask "where did Jesus say 'X'?" and the reply is usually one of the following:

1. A verse where Jesus said "Y"
2. A verse where Paul said "X"
3. A Christian commentary/apologetic on how "Y" is actually "X"
4. An off-topic rambling response.
5. I am called a liar.
6. I am called an antichrist
7. I am told I deserve to be tortured for eternity
8. I am told that only "real Christians" can see the 'magic words' or some similar line of crap.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#492100 Feb 22, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Serah,
Thats sad!! Have a blessed day.
Did you see the Encouraging Words today?

Encouraging Words....

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God

Ephesians 2:8

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492101 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>See what I mean about your pendulum? What religion is it that kills people on behalf of RR?
Where did I say any religion kills on behalf of RR ?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#492102 Feb 22, 2013
scaritual wrote:
He apologized, and in a subsequent post became upset that I didn't accept the apology with class
Dim is such a class act himself that he demands no less from others.
scaritual wrote:
I think that is in large part due to the status the atheist holds in the world, but especially so in the U.S.
We're almost always and universally assumed to be "up to no good", treacherous, the dregs of society. Immoral. Incapable of benefiting society in any way. Think about this. How many times, just this year, have you been told you're gonna burn in hell, and that all of societies ills are due to atheists, and that even when a theist does something that is less than exemplary, it's often said: "they are actually an atheist. I hope you atheists enjoy burning in hell, you deserve it and I can't wait to watch". How many times? I really couldn't begin to count the times.
Agreed. That is a problem for us, although as a result of our growth and growing unwillingness to be defined that way by anybody, it will become a problem for the church. On that basis alone, I feel that I have the right to describe that church in derogatory terms.

Of course, that makes me a bigot to these people. Double standard.
scaritual wrote:
People may say I'm defending you. So be it. They should also know I've defended Al Garcia, whom I consider a friend, and he is a Christian, too. You've done the same. Not just for Al.
Dim doesn't mind the hordes that come out of the woodwork to criticize my words in defense of him, just those who do the opposite. Double standard.

“~ Prince of Peace~”

#492103 Feb 22, 2013
Let me leave you with this....

*~*~*~*~*~

~Don't let people pull you into their storm....Pull them into your PEACE~

*~*~*~*~*~

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492104 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text> I think G had good days and GOD days.... but the good days are his low days; which is why it is hard trying to keep up with him LOL
In order for me to accept your "peer review" I would need proof that you are indeed a peer.
Sorry Sera, there are quite a few here of whom I take corrective criticism and even give credence to their insults.
You do not happen to be one of them.

I like you but you are now playing out of your league (IMHO).

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492105 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>G wants to ignore the Mystical ...
Putting words nmy mouth again ?

I asked you to put your communications to me in clear language and leave out the mystical poetry if you want to converse.

A simple and polite request which you twist to stab me in the back with.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492106 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong;
quilts get worn out and brooms get broken.....
Please leave your sex life out of this. LOL

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492107 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ but why is it that Christian's are getting flack for saying nothing? Oh, that's right, we're Christians. Thank GOD and JESUS we are expecting it, otherwise we might take it personally :)
Thank you for that incoherent response to absolutely nothing in my post.

You need to get that persecussion complex checked out.

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492108 Feb 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
“But who prays for Satan?
Who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?”
~ Mark Twain
Anybody ?... Anybody ?... Beuller ?

"Love your enemies." - Jesus

“Love much, trust none”

There

#492109 Feb 22, 2013
Epiphany2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I found this and thought it would go with your post....
“If Jesus, Moses, the Buddha and Mohammed
were to bump into each other along the road
and go have a cup of tea or whatever,
I think we all know
they would treat one another far different and far better
than a lot of their followers would.”
~ Brian D. McLaren
P*E*A*C*E
Exactly!
Thanks!

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#492111 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>And of course, it wouldn't be true if you said all Gays are innocent, would it?
.. correct ..

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#492113 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>My grandson used to be scared in the hallway; above that doorway I have a plaque, with the image of JESUS how HE is perceived, and the words inscribed;
*GOD's Peace be in this house; And all who live here:
And I told him, don't be scared (name), JESUS and GOD are looking after us and we don't need to be scared in the hallway (or similar), and he ran to the end of the hallway, grabbing the toys and playthings when he got there.
I talk to him about whistling in the dark when we feel the urge to run, Praying to GOD when things are going wrong, and giving him all the Spiritual encouragement I can muster.
My Grandchildren were here just after my Queen Puggy died; I would just let the tears roll down my cheeks; I cannot fight them or I sort of sob LOL, and took them to the spot where she died and moved on to Heaven.
They have held her Ashes in her little Urn, and been here when I ordered Pugstar on the net and know what it is to0 care and love animals. One would hope it is the parent's responsibility to help them love the Vessel that their Spirit has consumed, and not to fight it continually.
I am not sure what you meant, and I'm probably not sure what I mean either, but perhaps there are two sides to the coin?
.. my post was about balance ..

.. I understand what you are trying to say. When you become misty-eyed about Queen Puggy, read D&C 77, 1-4 ..

.. your spirit is gentle ..

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#492114 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Ohhhh, a bigot calling someone a bigot? Cracks me up LOL
Do you, like Counter_Strike, call homosexuals perverts, or "pervies"?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#492115 Feb 22, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>You really have a fixture on Gays, Catcher1, and have surprised me with your continuing posts regarding same. You believe having your penis chopped off is normal, and one's boobs chopped off is normal too. You believe sex with the same partner is normal; well, sorry to offend you, but it is not normal. Accepted; yes, Normal, no. It is not up to us to approve homosexuality, Catcher1, who are we to judge? If people want to get married to the same sex, let them. Who gives a hoot really apart from their friends and loved ones.
Leave it between GOD and the individual to work out where they are on their Spiritual journey, for you can have no idea.
Just as you denounce Christians as being guilty, you approve Gays as being right; but you do not know the individual. And it is the individual that counts.
However, do you consider bi-sexuals normal too?
Unlike CS, I don't judge people and call them perverts for their sexual orientation.

That is all.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#492117 Feb 22, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
YA...the ultimate weapons, never to be used...
The ill winds...soldiers diving in the water to keep their skin from burning off...etc, etc. etc.
And this is described in an ancient book, predating the knowledge of physics?

Sorry, but I don't believe your interpretation.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#492118 Feb 22, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Teddy, I do believe catholics worshipping their tin god do indeed call themselves Christians whilst molesting children and lying to everyone.
Speaking of Nazi Germany, do you know that 'the church' helped to fund Hitler's crusade, including his mad search for the Holy Grail??? Including the human experiments done on Jews???
I should not speak of such horrors too much lest I slip into fury over the lies and deceit of christianity.
Much LOVE to you Teddy :D<
Thank you.

Then you don't consider Catholics Christians?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min scaritual 764,230
Documentary Sphere 7 min Documentary Sphere 1
Good news from Apple 11 min marine crul 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min Remnant of 144000 39,152
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min waaasssuuup 554,820
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 19 min AN NFL FAN 119,220
Eat a wide variety of foods for a healthy diet 32 min mohcinovicc 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 175,036
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rick in Kansas 263,421
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr maikel 177

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE