|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has anything to do with a Jesus, which long ago died.
Rubbish :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Everybody knows most Christians started in the faith from childhood
Anyone who believes indoctrination takes place believes it starts from childhood as not only that is when one first enters the faith but also when they are more suggestible
Nobody with a shred of honesty could claim the following isn't indicative of someone who believes Christians are indoctrinated
IANS said
"It seems that way to you because you have been trained to think that way, a characteristically Christian way of thinking."
"And you project your own Christian psychology of sitting by helplessly waiting to be rescued. It's so negative, passive and disabling."
"I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
Yet he now claims it is a "ridiculous assumption" to think that is how he feels
IANS responded
And who made that "ridiculous assumption"? That would be you. You seem to suffer from Skomboli Disease.
Buckle up your seat-belts and cover your face cause the crap is going to start flying
Mind you this is a man who says that saying Christians don't need to apologize of make amends to those they hurt because they can ask the sky for forgiveness isn't a negative implication towards Christians and a man who regularly substitutes "Christians" with "church" to dishonestly disguise his bigotry while claiming he is targeting nobody so take it for what it is
Skom; Peace and Blessings to you ~ I don't want to interfere in your 'debates' with IANS, but it is harder to walk away than fight.

On saying that, and probably saying it to the wrong person, but I am intending to go and see the Dalai Lama and very excited to boot.

BEYOND RELIGION, THE BENEFITS OF LIVING ETHICALLY.

“Beyond Religion, the 14th Dalai Lama on the Benefits of Living Ethically” provides thought provoking scope to explore the positive impact of ethical behaviour on ourselves, our loved ones, fellow human beings, communities, countries and ultimately our shared global community. With relevance across all Australian society - the discussion of the benefits of life lived ethically will resonate with individuals, families, academics, educators, medical, legal and commercial professionals, regulators, leaders, business owners, people of all ages andcultural backgrounds.

The public events throughout the visit will carry the message from His Holiness’ recent book,“Beyond Religion; Ethics for a Whole World”.

THE VISIT SCHEDULE

During the 10 day visit in 2013, His Holiness will visit Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and for the first time, Darwin, the capital city of theNorthern Territory.

The visit dates will be as follows:
13-18 June - Sydney
18-20 June - Melbourne
20-21 June - Adelaide
22-23 June - Darwin

For the 2013 Visit, the Teachings will occur in Sydney and in all the major cities visited, His Holiness will offer a Public Talk.

Auxiliary events engaging Buddhist communities, the Tibetan Community and other partner/ stakeholder groups will also be included in the schedule.

His Holiness will also attend and speak at the Young Minds Conference in association with the St James Ethics Centre and Good Start Early Learning Centre in Sydney; Happiness and its Causes Conference in Melbourne.

http://www.dalailamainaustralia.org/pages/... ***

I always recall the words of JESUS ~

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one.....

And we have no idea who these other sheep will be that hear the voice of JESUS.... but perhaps we can 'assume' that they will hear HIS voice once they have given up their ghost.

Just let it go between you and he; and bring back to yourself inner peace :) Blessings of Peace to us all, we are all HIS Children, and HE loves us xx

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. since I see the two terms quite similar, I'm inclined to think AINS sees Christianity as both an enculturation and indoctrination process but only he can answer your question since I could be wrong ..
Yes. Of course it is. That is central to my argument against the church. It inculcates a foul philosophy in as many people as it can to whatever extent it allows them. Individual Christians vary in the degree to which they can be said to be indoctrinated with Christianity.

And according to Hiding, we are all all indoctrinated with Christianity to some extent, although I believe that encultured or enculturated was her word. She used the example of the homo-hetero dichotomy of human sexuality being a Christian concept accepted by atheists as well.

In just one post with somebody like you, an order of magnitude more substantial information is exchanged that in one with Dim, whose posts are maelstroms of confusion. What in hell is he saying? Do you know?

I have no idea what Dim's brouhaha is about. Does he think that I denied that Christians were indoctrinated to Juicy? Why would I say that? If Christians weren't indoctrinated by their, that church wouldn't be a problem. What have I been saying since day one other than that we need to reduce the church's influence on people's thinking - their hatreds and self-loathings?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
100 deg.????? I haven't felt that kind of heat in years Serah..Dont know if I want too. It is still cold up here in the mountains. How cold does it get there?
LOL; about 43 deg low in winter to 112 deg warm in summer. Being a 4th generation Aussie, I love the heat :) P.S., have never been in snow, although I have seen it but too cold to get out of the car and feel it :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
your dog or all animals are amazing Gods Creature,loving and created with Gods Humor
but this guy is not only misery, bu also not inteligent or smart enough to respect someone freedom of free worship,
Guy ia athisitc ismple scumbag
God bless you Searh
Thank you Dr Shrink, I take all the Blessings I can get :)

However, I don't agree that IANS is a scumbag, but do agree that he has no idea what it is to know GOD. And indeed, GOD gave me my animals, of that I have no doubt.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
you know nothing about OT and creation of all forces by God,
you are to narrow brain and to stupid to think independently
spiritual war in heaven exist till today,
and have nothing to do with your earthly dumb understanding of war between 2 earthly nations
G wants to ignore the Mystical ~ therefore, what would Angels count for in his life?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

trifecta1 wrote:
<quoted text>Frightening for sure.
He left Christianity, a Religion. He was never part of the body of Christ.
Then he go into Secular Humanism, and as we see turned him into a hateful arrogant foaming at the mouth evil person.
He is a scary testimony of secular humanism, that for sure.
Anybody want go get some secular humanism, they need to look at that writer as a scary and sad example.
Yes..... purely and simply, look at what the other side is offering :)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are all those things, and far worse.
But I'm not here to score points.
(You just lost a few however: In your last sentence, telling me I'm not smart, you wrote "here," when you meant "hear." There's a difference you know.)
The purpose of my posts to you, once I found out what you are, is to call you out as a scourge on our society, a running sore, a toxin.
You are nothing but a pernicious bigot.
Ohhhh, a bigot calling someone a bigot? Cracks me up LOL
bibleNews

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

** 2013 MAJOR Prophecies .... IN PLAIN VIEW

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
All quilts are warm.
All brooms have handles.
Wrong;

quilts get worn out and brooms get broken.....

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Serah wrote:
<quoted text> I think G had good days and GOD days.... but the good days are his low days; which is why it is hard trying to keep up with him LOL
Hi Serah,
Thats sad!! Have a blessed day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the KKK demeans black people, we must point this out because it is wrong.
Similarly, if a church demeans homosexuals, we must point this out because it is wrong.
This should be simple to understand.
You really have a fixture on Gays, Catcher1, and have surprised me with your continuing posts regarding same. You believe having your penis chopped off is normal, and one's boobs chopped off is normal too. You believe sex with the same partner is normal; well, sorry to offend you, but it is not normal. Accepted; yes, Normal, no. It is not up to us to approve homosexuality, Catcher1, who are we to judge? If people want to get married to the same sex, let them. Who gives a hoot really apart from their friends and loved ones.

Leave it between GOD and the individual to work out where they are on their Spiritual journey, for you can have no idea.

Just as you denounce Christians as being guilty, you approve Gays as being right; but you do not know the individual. And it is the individual that counts.

However, do you consider bi-sexuals normal too?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. whenever someone says a person or group 'always' does something they're usually incorrect. Unbelievers are not ALWAYS going to vilify believers. That's like me saying Christians are ALWAYS going to vilify gays. It's not true ..
And of course, it wouldn't be true if you said all Gays are innocent, would it?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me for butting in here.
Tide's post to me was humor for humor.
Your post to him is unnecessary condescension, and will only add to the already-present ill will.
And this posting will smooth things over?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Skombolis wrote:
Juicylu wrote:
Btw, all the ridiculous assumptions that all or most Christians are 'indoctrinated from childhood' are wrong.

IANS responded
And who made that "ridiculous assumption"? That would be you. You seem to suffer from Skomboli Disease.

You are a liar dude. Which is why you kept trying to spin the other post also
This is what you are referring to? Why do wait so long to present these things? I could have explained when you first made the "liar" accusation.

Of course I believe that most or all Christians are indoctrinated. Why would I deny that? I was objecting to Juicy putting paraphrased words in quotation marks and calling them mine, something that you had done.

There is no intention to deceive or misrepresent the truth here. I do not lie. I have no need or reason to.

But you slander.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they don't either. They both seem to be giving as good as getting.
Sometimes you have to let the boys fight it out.
Yeah ~ but why is it that Christian's are getting flack for saying nothing? Oh, that's right, we're Christians. Thank GOD and JESUS we are expecting it, otherwise we might take it personally :)

“~ Prince of Peace~”

Since: Apr 08

~ And the greatest is LOVE~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Well Lookie here....It is Friday

:-)

“But who prays for Satan?
Who, in eighteen centuries,
has had the common humanity
to pray for the one sinner
that needed it most?”

~ Mark Twain

Thought for the Day

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. Supreme Court is charged with interpreting the Constitution.
With regard to the First Amendment, you are incorrect.
The issue is whether there is government "entanglement" with religion.
Whether there is or isn't depends on the specific circumstances of a situation: school prayer, when, how and by whom; religious texts on public buildings; use of public school facilities for religious programs. These are just examples.
The bottom line is that there is no simple answer like the one you have given. It's a series of complex legal issues in an evolving world.
You are entitled to your personal view of how things should be, but you should stay tuned and maintain an open mind, willing to learn and understand.
Is it going to warm up around here, or what?
There is sex education in classes these days; we used to have Mothers and Babies, but things have changed LOL..

*** While other parts of the world are still debating gay marriage, the Netherlands was the first to legalize it in 2001, and now the country faces an even more progressive issue: the legalization of three or more gay parents raising a child. The below video profiles a family composed of two men and two women, all identifying as gay, who are raising children together. The two men gave their sperm to the two women for artificial insemination, and two boys, Simon and Joaquim, were born. The boys spend the week with their mothers, except for Thursdays with their dads, and the weekends with all four of their parents.

The parents say that, before committing to being a family, they spent a lot of time together discussing their values and making sure they wanted similar things for their children. The key topic seems to have been how to educate their children.

But the legality of the family is still in question. Under Dutch law, only the mothers can legally call themselves the childrens’ parents.

I think whatever will provide a child and its parents with feelings of stability and love is healthy and good. While this model wouldn’t work for everyone, that’s true of any family arrangement. Furthermore, if two gay couples want their children to have a male or female presence in their lives as well, this is a good possible solution. TC mark

&fe ature=player_embedded ***

Progress?

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Today's Prayer

God, Things that taste bitter, do not taste good. Likewise, a soul that is bitter, does not feel good. Please help me to not become bitter over people who have hurt me. I pray for these people, that you would help them realize what they have done, and give them the desire and courage to make things right. I pray also that you would put the desire and courage in me to forgive and put the past behind; to live every day as a new day, being thankful for new beginnings. Thank you God, for giving me a new beginning. In Jesus name I pray and give you thanks. Amen.

Prime Time with GOd

“~ Prince of Peace~”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Encouraging Words....

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God

Ephesians 2:8

K-Love

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 538,640
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min alexrabe 5,292
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Commander Bunny 257,783
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min KiMare 226,169
ferguson and the real race war 12 min andet1987 16
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 13 min Stilgar Fifrawi 732,558
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 23 min KiMare 94,612
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 173,259
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••