“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#492027 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
What's the point in running a castrated sheep anyway?
Sometimes they run, when they're on the lamb.

Don't tell me you herd that one.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#492028 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. then, you told SKOM and SKOM told RR and RR posted it on Topix ..
.. I promise never to tell anyone about your recent appearance in front of the Supreme Court ..
LOL!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#492029 Feb 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes they run, when they're on the lamb.
Don't tell me you herd that one.
I dunno about ewe, but this shear madness.

Location hidden

#492030 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
That was pretty good, huh.
Shoot! I'm still laff'n! LOL

Location hidden

#492031 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the palantation and slave owning Todds.
Funny ain't it ?
Time has a way o' tell'n on things...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#492032 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. It all seems to be over the ambiguous use of the terms "proof" and "evidence". Seemed Hiding and I has the same misunderstanding. We got it settled quicker though.
How are you doing ?
I'm ok... overwhelmed I guess...

<3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#492033 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Sweetie.
Skom and Andrew can handle themselves quite well in these 'battles'. In fact, I think they kind of enjoy them.
Well... yeah, LOL... but still...
<3

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#492034 Feb 21, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami, with all due respect many may yes but Sora and I do not demean or vilify any person to do so is evil and judgemental.
Bonsoir mon amie Serahine, thank you for your input but it was not my intention to include you and Sora in among that group of people who do that, as you two are among the select FEW who do Not attack others for their beliefs.
Peace.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#492035 Feb 21, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami. It rained earlier and now it has stopped, I wish it would continue.
Yes, a rainy night that one doesn't hage to get out in, I find always make for good sleep weather, lol.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#492036 Feb 21, 2013
Correction.........doesn't HAVE to get out in................

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#492037 Feb 21, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok... LOL...
I didn't realize that was you either JLU, how's everything?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#492038 Feb 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
U2 LW!
I get your drift here, and Ja, so it is!
Sadly, after the recent floods where the ground has been saturated, many have lost homes - even into sink-holes weeks later - and anyone who has experienced that I pray will find some solace in knowing what I was told as a 12 yo. by my dying mum.
"If you never own a home while you are on earth, just know there is one already waiting for you upstairs."
Well... I never have... in Western/European eyes... but I sure was blessed to have a one room, grass mat floor, thatch roof, bamboo hut built for me on my Island Home! No electricity nor more than bucket water from the well... but NO bills to pay either! Surely there is a contentment when one knows - as against what some might 'think' is poverty - but in truth is FREE from the cares of this world.
The food grows on trees, or in communal plantations, and the seas and reefs give of their sea-food abundance.
His Grace, Love and Peace be with you always in your whispers, and as you care more for Honey, much strength too!
LuvU2!
Tis indeed strange,the casting of a shadow,whispering in the winds,thunder of the hoves in the clouds,trumpets around the rainbow,along with all the inner cycles of time.know only you will understand.

lol For me home is where my hat hangs and my slippers lay under the bed.Upon the table a bowl of soup made with love.Freedom,peace,love are priceless.God bless.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#492039 Feb 21, 2013
Hey Lawest....Hey Lil Whispers....just waving Hi:)

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#492040 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Hey Lawest....Hey Lil Whispers....just waving Hi:)
Hey there Skom, keeping late hours I see.(C:

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#492041 Feb 22, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. perhaps I'm missing something? Please point out exactly where AIN slanders a group of people ..
That's where the church comes in so handy - as the source of that stigma and hatred. They choose to administer their religion by scapegoating gays, and the message is heard loudly and clearly by the entire culture as Hiding has delineated.
The Christian church appears to be the only significant source of homophobia in the West. It's not originating with the news media, nor Hollywood, nor the government, nor the schools. It's the church. The church has defined that value for America, which makes people's lives more difficult and dangerous. It does so selfishly in order to promote itself, and as far as I can see, offers nothing of value in return to offset the huge societal burden it imposes.
.. would a white supremacist endorse equality for blacks? If you listen to Aryan Nations long enough, you'll start to believe blacks are intellectually inferior. The identical mindset applies to any church that preaches discrimination against homosexuals based on biblical cherry picking ..
Thanks.

I call that church a societal parasite because it takes and takes and takes,returning virtually nothing of value. Christian homophobia is but one of several burdens it imposes on society. The atheophobia is just as repulsive.

Then there's the sexual prudery of ancient sexual mores and all of the guilt that causes for people, many who are ashamed to enjoy sex because of it.

And there is the antiscientism that is making American and Americans weaker.

And the self-forgiveness that teaches the kind of behavior we have been witnessing here.

And the infantilism of Christian ideology, which aims to keep people frightened, ignorant, dependent, and hoping for magic.

And the deep pessimism and nihilism of Christian doctrine. What is the cost of feeling alienated in a world that you are taught to disesteem?

And for what in return? I hear about it teaching Christian love. No thanks. Or Christian morals. More fail. Or Christian spirituality. What a joke.

We are told about Christian charity. I don't accept their claim on their word. We saw how little of the money donated to Mother Teresa's charity's made it to the poor - less than ten percent. What would unannounced audits of the books of a hundred churches chosen at random reveal? No doubt that Christian charity is far less than the tax break it gets to administer whatever crumbs it can spare for the poor.

Anyway, in biology, an entity that sucks you dry and makes you sick without giving back is called a parasite. And this church is just that, like a giant, swollen tick festering on a culture.

Fennario

#492043 Feb 22, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
it's all symptoms of a failed humanity.
And here's the deep pessimism and misanthropic teaching of the church again. Mankind is such a useless, sickening stain, aren't it?

This is part of the societal burden that the parasitic church imposes on us. It makes authentic spirituality virtually impossible for the direct victim, the Christian, in whom it creates a spiritual ennui. What is the message being taught to Christian children with this? It's a big negative "You can't do it because you're human ... only the god can ... so pray for help from the ghost in the sky rather than take action"
Illuminatrix wrote:
maybe it's better to just try loving and praying for them...
Thanks for all you do. You can't imagine how much that helps.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#492044 Feb 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity; suffering witches to live since 1693 (in America).
Christianity in Africa is a different story. They're still obeying God's commands over there. Bastards.
Which Christians are you calling bastards? The Missionaries?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#492045 Feb 22, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity; suffering witches to live since 1693 (in America).
Christianity in Africa is a different story. They're still obeying God's commands over there. Bastards.
What about the rich robbing the poor? Don't you think it might be wise to mention they are Bastards for starving the poor in one of the richest countries in our one world world? Ah, what the heck, you probably don't see the starving - you are too busy looking for something else. Don't even know why I bothered replying, really :(

Fennario

#492046 Feb 22, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
I am done searching through hours of posts just to have you deny what is so clear
The time for you to justify yourself is over, as is the time for others to stand up.

Fennario

#492047 Feb 22, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
"And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them." - Kings 2:23-24
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Do you ever take the time to try and understand the meaning of any bible verse?
Yes. As long as it takes to read it. I even went back and read it again. That one says that a man was mocked, and in anger, somehow caused a bear to tear up 42 children.

How did I do? Did you find something deeper there?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
As to the morals in this story - they had their own ethics, which at many points are not ours; as is to be expected.
Not really. If you accept the premise that a god wrote the book, what is expected are divine ethics.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Besides, the humane approach taken for granted by many who find this and similar episodes in the Bible morally repugnant, is itself rather recent: 200 years ago, a man could be hanged in England for stealing a sheep; over 200 crimes were capital. Things are called inhumane today that ten years ago were taken for granted; or still are.
Where do a perfectly moral god and its moral absolutism enter into this? It is claimed that your bible is the word of a perfect, eternal and unchanging god.

The term "moral relativism" is spat contemptuously from the mouths of Christians condemning secular society. Yet as you imply, your bible reflects nothing more divine than the evolution of normal human thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Karma is a_______ 825,451
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min truth 582,713
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 26 min gundee123 442,458
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 1 hr Paul Porter1 191
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Clearwater 176,361
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 1 hr Paul Porter1 70,121
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr courteous europhobe 121,616
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Paul Porter1 98,819
More from around the web