Why Should Jesus Love Me?

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491917 Feb 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Evening D, there is more truth behind that than you may know.
Agreed.

“Painters Find Beauty in Life ”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#491918 Feb 21, 2013
Le_le wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Seraphine.
I agree.
Do you believe those to be human traits we are born with?
Or are these traits cultivated within somehow..
Ego apathy and pride..
Let's hope we aren't born w these.. but, who knows?
Bonsoir Le_Le I believe they are cultivated from within, I believe. They manifest themselves from within us and radiate out, therefore these sins are the most dangerous. They are the root of our human problems.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#491919 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the whole quote, you're taking it out of context.
He was trying to dispel any doubts that having "intelligence briefings" every morning could affect his leadership.
Remember that this is the time of the year when the president traditionally tells jokes, and this was one. He was playing the part for the day.
And that was a spin off of Lincoln:
“You may fool all of the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time.”
But, as a typical atheist, cherry picking is one of your qualities.
"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like."Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#491920 Feb 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read all the posts today, I think.
And that's precisely my point, good will is lacking.
That's why it made me feel bad that my attempt at lighthearted humor was used to further disharmony.
I won't pursue it further.
Honestly I was reading backwards and didnt even read the post it was in response to. If it was a post trying to infuse some light-heartedness that I can say in hindsight I wish I had picked a diff post

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#491921 Feb 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The U.S. Supreme Court is charged with interpreting the Constitution.
With regard to the First Amendment, you are incorrect.
The issue is whether there is government "entanglement" with religion.
Whether there is or isn't depends on the specific circumstances of a situation: school prayer, when, how and by whom; religious texts on public buildings; use of public school facilities for religious programs. These are just examples.
The bottom line is that there is no simple answer like the one you have given. It's a series of complex legal issues in an evolving world.
You are entitled to your personal view of how things should be, but you should stay tuned and maintain an open mind, willing to learn and understand.
Is it going to warm up around here, or what?
Woah....

RR stumped Catcher.

I'm praying for warm weather :)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#491922 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you know that's not what I meant ..
I'm sorry, that's how I took it.

What did you mean?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#491923 Feb 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read all the posts today, I think.
And that's precisely my point, good will is lacking.
That's why it made me feel bad that my attempt at lighthearted humor was used to further disharmony.
I won't pursue it further.
No!

RR hereby commands you to keep making jokes!

So be it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#491924 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>hahaa...
No, Ar Ar. As a matter of fact I've mentioned we live in a religion saturated society.
If I wanted to keep my son away from Church, etc..., I'd have to eliminate all of his friends. So, no. When he visits a friend, say to spend the night or hang out, whatever, often on a Saturday, the next morning he will go and attend a church service with that friend.
He doesn't spend the night so much anymore. The age, you know.
But when he was about 10 I'm guessing. He came home(best friend lives down the road) walked in. I asked how his buddy was and all, the Dad, Mom etc... regular stuff, riding bikes, kids.
He up and says: "Hey, do they really think they're talking to someone when they're praying and all that at church? They think it's real?"
I said: "Yes they do, what do you think?"
He just smiled and sorta rolled his eyes. Wasn't mentioned again.
He soon after that, on his own, quit going on Saturday nights to sleep over - if there was gonna be church the next day. I didn't catch on or notice that at first, and then one day I overheard him asking his buddy if they were gonna be going to church tomorrow, and I guess his friend said they were, because he just said:
"Nah, I'll come over after you guys get out if you're gonna be there"
If that story is true, you are an awesome Papa!

I tip my hat to you, brother.
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#491925 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I agree sister. Not only people can see his hate and bigotry and complete self-blindness but they can see those who rush to his aid either are not capable of seeing it or will hypocritically judge others while ignoring his actions that quite frankly are as hateful as anything I have seen on Topix as a bigot is a bigot. His occasional subtlety when it comes to this hate isnt fooling many.(T) PEACE
:)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#491926 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like."Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)
RR will take that as your concession....

Location hidden

#491927 Feb 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Seraphine.
Bonsoir mon ami.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#491928 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I really dont care if you cant see the co-dependency so prevelant among many of you and often centering around protecting IANS and ignoring and rationalizing his behavior.
.. SKOM, I hold an Al Anon blackbelt and neither Scar or Tide are exhibiting co-dependency tendencies. They're both addressing principles, debating issues ..

.. besides, the entire co-dependency gambit has been blown out of proportion. Melody Beattie emulated Alice Miller, the concept became popular and now it's a buzz-term. Bottom line, people need people ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I cant say I find it sincere to claim you are simply teasing someone when suggesting they are falsely accusing someone.
.. you need to be teased. Some people take themselves far too seriously ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>Lastly if you cant see the indoctrination denial for what it is then there isnt much else to say.
.. what indoctrination ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>While I do admire how u take stands on things I found that experiment u wanted to do as disingenous
.. it was sincere. A wise man had me do it. I awoke from a slumber. You're trapped in a vicious cycle. It will perpetuate and you will be miserable until you see what you're doing ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I feel the same about ur denials u defend Ians .
.. show me where I defended AINS, OK ??..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>It is what it is and i dont expect u to see it or admit it.
.. if you show me, I'll admit it and extend an apology ..
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I do think others can see it clearly.
.. then, I invite anyone who sees it clearly, other than Dr. Shrink, to step forward and present their evidence ..

.. sooner or later, you'll get it. Perhaps not. Who knows ??..
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#491929 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they don't either. They both seem to be giving as good as getting.
Sometimes you have to let the boys fight it out.
Hey Darwin,
Thank you for the advice. Sometimes after a good fight an understanding comes and people get along better. Not always but it happens in here.
HFN

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#491930 Feb 21, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
:)...left u a post also to a diff one but couldnt fit the reply on this phone so made it to the room but says "edit HFN", just wanted u to know so u didnt miss it....(T) PEACE

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#491931 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No!
RR hereby commands you to keep making jokes!
So be it.
Your wish is my command.

Expound some more on the Constitution.

We can have a lot of fun with that.

Location hidden

#491932 Feb 21, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you madam
It is also pleasure to read inteligent and not insultive post,
Indeed Vienna ia beautiful capitol of East-South part of Europa,also Paris,Rom, Berlin, Amsterdam, Budhapest, Bratislave, Lancut,Cracow, history of 8-12 century is ansomw and marvelous
From my personal believer view I don't have enemies,and treat all people as people,or friends,
sometimes I harshly rebuke atheists who deny my Father who is in heaven
If they hate my Father,they hate me also, and they hate humn lifes around this globe,
this type of ungodless humans are mostly criminals,greedy,thiefs robbing people from all benefits in political daily life, and spiritual daily life
Whole earth is deadly infested by those disgraceful human creature denying God as Life sourse,and stealing Gods given them;air,sun.breath,prosperiti es, etcccc
atheism is most shameful withourt dignity and own honor movement inspired by worldwide churches devil spirit produsing immorality,atheism,wars, hates,and all kind of evil
May God always richly bless you my friend
Bonsoir mon ami, my soulmate and I have traveled through all of Europe, Africa,parts of Asia and Latin America and the Middle East. In regards to the atheists our job I believe is to treat them with love, respect and kindness. What would Jesus do? Did he not tell us of the parable of the good samaritan? I leave judgements to God as I mentioned I bear no ill will toward any person such hatred will eat at your heart and soul and I further believe that we must do all we can in our minds and hearts and souls to be as Jesus was to cultivate the spirit of loving kindness to all who see us not to convert, conversions to me are deeply personal but rather to let our light shine, the light of all people burns brightly mon ami. We just need to find it. There is enough hatred in this world, we need as human beings to make it better I believe. Thank you for speaking with me it is an honor and I hope my soulmate may meet you soon.

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#491933 Feb 21, 2013
Connie22 wrote:
WOW, someone said I'm clueless, because I believe in why Jesus loves you and for he had died on the cross for you!! Thanks for whoever it was!
.. welcome to Topix ..

.. would you like a rose ??..

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#491934 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
Admitting you have a problem is the first step.
I'll defer to your expertise.
Skombolis wrote:
Understanding you do so most likely seeking the approval of the poster that you look up to and seek to emulate will go a long way in helping you if you want help.
Help with what? What are you talking about?
Skombolis wrote:
Although first you must address the root cause. What has happened in your life that would result in you elevating an anonymous poster on the Internet to such a high stature that you find yourself not only looking up to him but would put a dozen people in the same catagory?
You're right. When I was younger, I used to make friends. I know it was wrong, but I just couldn't help myself. I'd see that we had common interests, or whatever, and I would just be naturally drawn to them. It's not my fault. I'm ashamed to admit it now, but at times, I actually respected them. I know, awful. But I was young, naive...I just didn't know...you know?
Skombolis wrote:
Sociologically speaking the two most common reasons would be you did not get the attention or validation you desired when growing up. Honestly the best solution is to realize you dont need the validation. Be comfortable in your own skin.Even posts such as this are designed for someone to give you the response you desire showing they support you over the poster that suggested you do this. Be your own man
I don't need the validation. I'll be comfortable in my own skin. I'll be my own man. Please turn tape over to side B.

So when you called IANS a liar for his response, "Nope. I'm not going to continue correcting you any more.", you had some reason for that, right? Is it the same reason you are using as justification now, or has learning that IANS rejected your paraphrasing because you used the incorrect word (proof instead of evidence) prompted you to change your reason, retroactively?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#491935 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. you need to be teased.
So tease me already.

What are you waiting for?

You're such a tease.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#491936 Feb 21, 2013
Seraphine wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonsoir mon ami.
Bonsoir mon amie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min Jim-ca 7,199
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 34 min Exchange 123,349
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 47 min G Carlin is in Hell 982,217
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Rosesz 681,740
Virginia man charged with espionage for deliver... 2 hr Brice N Livingston 6
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 hr onemale 286,526
_ VATICAN to get 'Legal Right' to TEMPLE MOUNT _ 11 hr NewsJune2017 YTube 1
More from around the web