Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#491822 Feb 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>I know you directed your question at Chris, but I must ask..........what does the KKK has to do with this?
If the KKK demeans black people, we must point this out because it is wrong.

Similarly, if a church demeans homosexuals, we must point this out because it is wrong.

This should be simple to understand.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#491823 Feb 21, 2013
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Had the people involved been Christian, there would have been much smaller armies considering that the Christian would have refused to commit any form of violence against other Christians to begin with.
BAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA AHAH HAHA HA HA AHA !!!

Good one BRO <3

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#491824 Feb 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
>>>Skom<<<
I'm taking this chance to firstly say 'hello my Friend'.
Miss the in depth sharing we used to have - and Ja... I see the changes - but we are here too.
Remember when I worked with the Apartheid Cause in South Africa, and how I loved that quote of Lord Mounbatten...
"Any man can step up... but it takes a greater man to step down."
It was the one last stand of the then President De Klerk that I admired. A stand which called for every humility a that President could muster. Today he works for 'peace'.
Was it for the better?
Only God knows... but I still love the quote!
LUV U Brother-o-mine.
His Love, Peace and Grace be your Comfort in simply knowing the truth with sets you free.
>>>hugs<<< PW
I "see you" my friend. Dont worry, I think I have seen about all I need to of the "humanists" that are posting in here and their "ethics". Time to get back to more of what matters.(T) PEACE

“A Universal Cause”

Since: Feb 09

The Cosmos

#491825 Feb 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening >>>>>IRRIRA< <<< (as it is here) should be pushing morning where you are, and I hope you had a very peaceful and well rested night as I have plowed through another day at work and laying back for a little R & R right now, so talk to ya later.
Blessings.
Everyone deserves some R & R >>>LAWEST<<< after hard work! How do you like best to relax?

I don't have to tell you how much I love music. I just have a problem with it these days... I believe I 'turned the other cheek' too often in Africa, and the result is permanent damage with no cure. I probly should regret doing so for the beatings my head has taken both physically and mentally... but there's something about Truth when God rules the airwaves!

Love always my Friend in His Peace and Love and trust you have a good and rested week-end coming up. I must have lost track of time 'last night/morning' with 'TUES', because I woke up and it was FRIDAY! Now THAT is worth a >>>smile<<<
It's 12 noon now...

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#491826 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>I "see you" my friend. Dont worry, I think I have seen about all I need to of the "humanists" that are posting in here and their "ethics". Time to get back to more of what matters.(T) PEACE
I'm not worrying...
I just love you!

Take Care

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#491827 Feb 21, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but abusing another person out of pride or just to be right is not courage, judging another whilst displaying similar behaviour is not courage.
Calling someone a coward for saying give peace a chance, after your many rants about making the world a better place is a bit much...
Love is courageous when you love another person enough to forgive, apologise and let go of ego.
You want to judge, I see that and it is your choice but remember that you too are being judged and getting a leg up and winning a debate does not come across as love, not the way you go about it.
You will just dismiss what I write with more of your angry arguments and prove me right, Skom does the exact same thing, I know from experience that there is no point talking to either one of you unless it's to agree with you sycophantically.
I find sycophants to be cowards and I have seen people disagree and try to approach both of you.
Just because my and others' approach is not abusive it doesn't mean everyone is in agreement and as an outsider I can see that you are both wrong and both right about different things.
"Apologising does not mean you are wrong, it just means you value the other person enough not to let a fight get in the way."
Someone.
Peace <3
Beautifully written. Something a lot of us should do..God Bless

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491828 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. perhaps it does ..
.. being somewhat of a chicken sh*t, I failed to call AIN on several things, decided to stay out of it when a simple, "That's hitting below the belt," would have sufficed. And, I've pretty much given up on SKOM, he doesn't want to acknowledge his harmful behavior ..
.. yep, think I was a coward. Why get involved? It's none of my business. Why intercede in world hunger, a rape, the battering of a child? After all, my tummy is full, nobody is trying to rape me and my child is safe. It's none of my business, right ??..
You a coward? I doubt it.

What didn't you like that I did? I have no regrets at this point.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#491830 Feb 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
All quilts are warm.
All brooms have handles.
I recently visited the Granville Island Broom Company, in Vancouver, B.C. There, several generations of a family make all sorts of brooms, right before your eyes, using 19th and early 20th Century hand-operated machines. Granville Island is accessible by little boats and is a wonderful place, with a huge market, seafood stores, other retail establishments, docks for private boats, and several fine restaurants. I highly recommend it to anybody visiting the city.

The Granville Island Broom Company even makes brooms without handles.

So there, Tide.

Don't forget, secret "group" meeting tonight, you have KP duty.

“A Universal Cause”

The Cosmos

#491832 Feb 21, 2013
Here For Now wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s not what I said. I said no one has to care what you want. As in what you want is your way no matter if it steps on others rights and wants.
BTW I’m a she not a he.
Hello Sister Friend!
"Free will is what we were given...
it takes...
it gives...
it's everything...

As 'free' as the Truth which sets all free.
>>>HUGS<<< filled with Blessings, and Ja... even a smile when we can fall back on this one...

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”
&#8213; Alan Greenspan

I trip up all the time!
But to try is at least to reach a goal.
LuvU2 PW

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#491833 Feb 21, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening. The sad thing about it is that unbelievers are going always vilify the believers for lifting up the name of Christ.
.. whenever someone says a person or group 'always' does something they're usually incorrect. Unbelievers are not ALWAYS going to vilify believers. That's like me saying Christians are ALWAYS going to vilify gays. It's not true ..
Here For Now

Lenoir City, TN

#491834 Feb 21, 2013
Skombolis wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you this clueless?
Nobody believes you
Why is it everybody can remember you telling Juicy you had her all wrong when she said you believe all or most Christians are indoctrinated except you?
I am done searching through hours of posts just to have you deny what is so clear
You have already started your game claiming the following doesn't mean you think people are indoctrinated?
So what would be the point of getting the first post? You started your excuse saying why can't I use your words like a
"characteristically Christian way of thinking."
and
"Christian psychology"
and left out
"I blame your church for teaching you to think this way."
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/T0N0LOR...
You are a liar dude, plain and simple. Either agree to admit you are a liar if I show you the post claiming someone got you wrong by saying you believe all or most Christians are indoctrinated or admit that the above link clearly shows you believe all or most Christians are indoctrinated or why should I waste my time from someone who already has their next lie set up?
"Won't even one of you stand with me?"
Man are you a self-blind needy little dude
:)
Like I said if IANS doesn’t know it’s because he/she doesn’t want to know. But he/she can’t be that clueless so I think on some level he/she knows, even if he/she doesn’t want to admit it to us or himself. Plus he would not have an excuse to not change his attitude if he did admit it. I think he just wants to put down Christians. I think most are not fooled by him/her

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491835 Feb 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
That's where the church comes in so handy - as the source of that stigma and hatred. They choose to administer their religion by scapegoating gays, and the message is heard loudly and clearly by the entire culture as Hiding has delineated.
The Christian church appears to be the only significant source of homophobia in the West. It's not originating with the news media, nor Hollywood, nor the government, nor the schools. It's the church. The church has defined that value for America, which makes people's lives more difficult and dangerous. It does so selfishly in order to promote itself, and as far as I can see, offers nothing of value in return to offset the huge societal burden it imposes.

That's the definition of a societal parasite.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
Here we have a person that is quite open to his disdain to Chrisians as he has slandered a group of people. Its not hard for a person to say this would be "hate speech" when the word parasite is used on a group of people.
Read it again.
Chris Clearwater wrote:
How many times have your murdered folks in your heart? Its sad that you claim to stand up for a group of people, here the homosexual communnity and out of the same heart show pure hate to another.
Read it again.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#491838 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, when my son was a good bit younger and for a while I had to use a daycare center while sorting out a changed work schedule etc... I think he was around...3-4? No more than 4, I am certain.
We were walking into a hospital, and it was a Catholic hospital.
At the main entrance, there was a large Crucifix/Bloody Jesus over the doorway as you walked inside. Huge. Graphic.
I didn't even pay attention to it, but my son said: "Look, Daa, that's Jesus, and he got all bloody and died because they put him up there for people to see him and look at him".(not verbatim, but very approximate) Okay, he had never seen that hospital before.
Enculturation? Indoctrination? The results of a religion saturated society? All three? You tell me, because, I never told my son that.
A classmate at the daycare, another 4 year old did.
That's what happens in a mixed society.

There very well could've been another 4 year old in your son's daycare that told him all about his mom & mom, or another kid telling your son about how his dad tells him how tasty beer is.

What do we do? Teach our kids the best way we know how & teach them to think for themselves.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#491841 Feb 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the same Darwin that use to post on PTAG thread?...
Nope. Not me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#491842 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. the SPLC has labeled The Family Research Council a hate group ..
.. for 20 years, FRC has told lies about gays. They are not honest people simply expressing a contrarian view, they are liars ..
.. their target is and always has been "the gay menace." They continue to promote Paul Cameron's fake research as valid although courts of law have thrown Cameron out on his azz and national scientific associations have withdrawn his membership. Cameron still thinks people with AIDS should be branded on their foreheads and quarantined ..
.. the real issue is the FRC’s well-documented and continuous pattern of hateful rhetoric. Your logic that the SPLC is somehow to blame for Corkin's crimes is preposterous, outrageous and irresponsible ..
.. last, as a charity, they fail ..
http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...
Ya, it seems the SPLC deems any group that prays a "hate group"...

A Texas governor, Rick Perry, was attacked by them because he wanted to do a prayer at a sports stadium. They cited a violation of separation if church & state.

Gimme a break.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#491843 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredible, no?
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on.-- George W. Bush, August 13, 2003
I don't think you understand GW's quote.

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491844 Feb 21, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Are you laughing at the same GOD ....
I am not laughing at God. I am laughing at the words and thoughts of Humans, both here and in the Bible.

I do laugh at God at times. God created lots of funny things.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#491845 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. nice! This is exactly why we us must post on Topix. Balance, my dear man, balance. We must whittle the hate ..
Hate?! You consider it hate that a 4 year old told another 4 year old about Jesus?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#491846 Feb 21, 2013
G_O_D wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Not me.
Yeah, I remember that his name was Darwin the Baptist or something like that..Definitly not you..

“"None shall pass"”

There

#491847 Feb 21, 2013
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>....You are back and forth like a pendulum, G, swinging from one side to the other.....
Nope.

I simply don't pick a side and then scream, "We are always right!".

I have the apparently rare abilty to think for myself and don't seem to have the 'herd mentality'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 877,908
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min RiccardoFire 7,955
Ruthlessly GREEDY New Yorkers earned 9-11 13 min WasteWater 3
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min June VanDerMark 603,167
light skin men (Apr '13) 29 min heey 6
Poll Why are Americans becoming so stupid? (Jun '08) 36 min ChristINSANITY is... 148
The Christian Atheist debate 46 min ChristINSANITY is... 3,791
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr USaWorldWarmongerer 177,845
More from around the web