Why Should Jesus Love Me?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491772 Feb 21, 2013
Grace Walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need glasses? Those are BIBLE VERSES my old hateful friend. I am frustrated with with people like you who does nothing on this forum but disrespect everything somebody else has to post. You begin posting this morning and your first post is to tell BT thst he is confused..Then you ROFLYAO at RA and called him a hypocrite, call GWB a fool, you tell Dr Reality to get a life then you boastfully try to tell Christians what the Bible looks like to THEM..like you would even know...But you go on to say that Christians dont know what Jesus was talking about when He talks about Gehenna...I went to Israel, and I seen that valley called Gehenna but as if thats not enough, YOU ridicule and dis-respect Lil Whispers BIBLE VERSES that she wanted to post, not ONCE but THREE times, Now you want to disagree with BLL about angels BUT then you ONCE again ROFLYAO again while dis-respecting LW again for a BIBLE VERSE, THEN you tell BLL that YOU try ti follow the teachings of Jesus, Buddah and Lao TZU, right before you call BLL a LIAR?????????? Oh yeah, you do agree with IANS a few times...YOU are CONFUSED MY Friend. Have a nice day being YOU
Hi Grace;

Silience is golden tis best to scroll.Scriptures speaks loud and clear with love,compasson and the sweet fruit.God bless.

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#491773 Feb 21, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
What I assumed...was that IANS and others have been speaking of such organizations such as the Southern Baptist Convention...the Vatican...headquarters for the LDS church...in other words...the "money and political church".
Here is an article that I found interesting on the "individual" church...
Pastor on Pulpit Freedom Sunday:“Why I Cannot Support Barack Obama for President”
It was raining, and chilly, when Hope Christian Church celebrated Pulpit Freedom Sunday this past weekend. Some 150 congregants gathered for the special 8 a.m. service, where Bishop Harry R. Jackson, Jr. stood at the lectern and announced,“Today, 1,500 pastors and counting are purposely preaching a message that violates the 501(c)(3) status of our tax code.” Tax-exempt nonprofits—houses of worship included—are forbidden from endorsing or opposing political candidates and parties. For the last five years, Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF), a Christian legal group based in Scottsdale, Arizona, has organized one Sunday a year for churches to protest these restrictions. In his sermon, Jackson joined ADF in breaking the law, saying:“I am going to tell you why I cannot support Barack Obama for president.”
The rest of the article can be found at...
http://religionandpolitics.org/2012/10/08/pas...
Interesting site focusing on religion and politics.
The history of the Southern Baptist Convention I also found interesting. As much as some of us believe in separation of church and state I think that we have to admit that the church is a part of all of our history and the history of this country...the good along with the bad.
So this forum isn't about faith now but politics? Strange that since I started posting here again each day charges have been flying about whos a bigot who spews hate. Imo the sothern poverty law center while making claims to stop hate at times preach it towards people. Many examples in this day alone of people that claim to be more loving while the very words they post prove otherwise.

Long before homosexual activist Floyd Corkins entered the D.C.-based Family Research Council (FRC) with the intent to commit mass murder, I warned from the rooftops that the hard-left Southern Poverty Law Center’s anti-Christian “hate group” propaganda might spur such bloodshed. With a column headlined,“Liberal violence rising,” I wrote,“The SPLC’s dangerous and irresponsible (‘hate group’) disinformation campaign can embolden and give license to like-minded, though less stable, left-wing extremists, creating a climate of true hate. Such a climate is ripe for violence.”

Then, in August, days after Corkins was heroically disarmed by FRC employ Leo Johnson, whom Corkins shot in the arm, I penned another column titled “Fanning the flames of left-wing violence.” I plead with the SPLC to end its “dishonest and reprehensible” strategy of “juxtaposing FRC and other Christian organizations with violent extremist groups” in a transparent effort to marginalize them.

I no longer believe the SPLC has a sense of goodwill. In fact, based on FBI evidence and the group’s own actions (and inaction), I and many others are left with no other inference but this: The SPLC – a left-wing extremist fundraising behemoth – may be intentionally inciting anti-Christian violence.

Just days ago, Corkins pled guilty to a number of charges, including domestic terrorism. FBI evidence revealed that he was both motivated by and utilized the SPLC’s “anti-gay hate map” to target and locate his intended Christian mass murder victims.

more here:
http://intellectualconservative.com/index.php...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#491774 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I think one way for us to end up being viewed as the ugly American is for us to go around the world saying, "We do it this way. So should you." -- George W Bush, Oct 11, 2000
"I think one way for us to end up being viewed as the ugly American is for us to go around the world saying, "We do it this way. So should you."

"I think the United States must be humble and must be proud and confident of our values, but humble in how we treat nations that are figuring out how to chart their own course."

George W. Bush - 2nd presidential debate Oct 11th 2000

“Rainbow: God's covenant ”

Since: May 07

Clearwater and Honolulu

#491775 Feb 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are all those things, and far worse.
But I'm not here to score points.
(You just lost a few however: In your last sentence, telling me I'm not smart, you wrote "here," when you meant "hear." There's a difference you know.)
The purpose of my posts to you, once I found out what you are, is to call you out as a scourge on our society, a running sore, a toxin.
You are nothing but a pernicious bigot.
Wrong. He is spot on calling my wifes former life for what it was: wrong and a perversion. Thats not what your itching ears want to hear but it is indeed your problem. You, like so many others claim one thing, to be open minded while showing you are nothing of the kind. You waste time that you could be spending making this world a better place spewing your own hate. Your choice.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#491776 Feb 21, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
Did that work for you, or will I have to fill 4000 characters explaining this to you?
You may want to get some liniment.

Also, if you don't use one, you might want to grab a word processor program instead of the quick and easy window - for short responses - provided by topix.

I use WriteSpace, an extension for Chrome.

OH...maybe some aspirin too.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#491777 Feb 21, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. before we begin, please note, I am expounding on a principle, not a person ..
.. if you attend a White Supremacist meeting, you're exposed to their beliefs ..
.. if you attend too many White Supremacist meetings, their hate doctrine will begin to make sense ..
.. if you attend a Fundamentalist Church service, you're exposed to their beliefs ..
.. if you attend too many Fundamentalist Church services, their literal interpretation of the bible will begin to make sense ..
.. do you see the analogy? It's subtle brainwashing and indoctrination ..
Yeah, when my son was a good bit younger and for a while I had to use a daycare center while sorting out a changed work schedule etc... I think he was around...3-4? No more than 4, I am certain.

We were walking into a hospital, and it was a Catholic hospital.

At the main entrance, there was a large Crucifix/Bloody Jesus over the doorway as you walked inside. Huge. Graphic.

I didn't even pay attention to it, but my son said: "Look, Daa, that's Jesus, and he got all bloody and died because they put him up there for people to see him and look at him".(not verbatim, but very approximate) Okay, he had never seen that hospital before.

Enculturation? Indoctrination? The results of a religion saturated society? All three? You tell me, because, I never told my son that.

A classmate at the daycare, another 4 year old did.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#491779 Feb 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
Sometimes... just sometimes... I find it very disturbing to read/hear just how sharp and rude Christians can be toward one another.
How do you feel about them being rude to non-Christians?

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#491780 Feb 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
So this forum isn't about faith now but politics? Strange that since I started posting here again each day charges have been flying about whos a bigot who spews hate. Imo the sothern poverty law center while making claims to stop hate at times preach it towards people. Many examples in this day alone of people that claim to be more loving while the very words they post prove otherwise.
Long before homosexual activist Floyd Corkins entered the D.C.-based Family Research Council (FRC) with the intent to commit mass murder, I warned from the rooftops that the hard-left Southern Poverty Law Center’s anti-Christian “hate group” propaganda might spur such bloodshed. With a column headlined,“Liberal violence rising,” I wrote,“The SPLC’s dangerous and irresponsible (‘hate group’) disinformation campaign can embolden and give license to like-minded, though less stable, left-wing extremists, creating a climate of true hate. Such a climate is ripe for violence.”
Then, in August, days after Corkins was heroically disarmed by FRC employ Leo Johnson, whom Corkins shot in the arm, I penned another column titled “Fanning the flames of left-wing violence.” I plead with the SPLC to end its “dishonest and reprehensible” strategy of “juxtaposing FRC and other Christian organizations with violent extremist groups” in a transparent effort to marginalize them.
I no longer believe the SPLC has a sense of goodwill. In fact, based on FBI evidence and the group’s own actions (and inaction), I and many others are left with no other inference but this: The SPLC – a left-wing extremist fundraising behemoth – may be intentionally inciting anti-Christian violence.
Just days ago, Corkins pled guilty to a number of charges, including domestic terrorism. FBI evidence revealed that he was both motivated by and utilized the SPLC’s “anti-gay hate map” to target and locate his intended Christian mass murder victims.
more here:
.. the SPLC has labeled The Family Research Council a hate group ..

.. for 20 years, FRC has told lies about gays. They are not honest people simply expressing a contrarian view, they are liars ..

.. their target is and always has been "the gay menace." They continue to promote Paul Cameron's fake research as valid although courts of law have thrown Cameron out on his azz and national scientific associations have withdrawn his membership. Cameron still thinks people with AIDS should be branded on their foreheads and quarantined ..

.. the real issue is the FRC’s well-documented and continuous pattern of hateful rhetoric. Your logic that the SPLC is somehow to blame for Corkin's crimes is preposterous, outrageous and irresponsible ..

.. last, as a charity, they fail ..

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm...

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#491781 Feb 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"I think one way for us to end up being viewed as the ugly American is for us to go around the world saying, "We do it this way. So should you."
"I think the United States must be humble and must be proud and confident of our values, but humble in how we treat nations that are figuring out how to chart their own course."
George W. Bush - 2nd presidential debate Oct 11th 2000
Incredible, no?

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and those are the ones you need to concentrate on.-- George W. Bush, August 13, 2003

With Established Harem

#491783 Feb 21, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, when my son was a good bit younger and for a while I had to use a daycare center while sorting out a changed work schedule etc... I think he was around...3-4? No more than 4, I am certain.
We were walking into a hospital, and it was a Catholic hospital.
At the main entrance, there was a large Crucifix/Bloody Jesus over the doorway as you walked inside. Huge. Graphic.
I didn't even pay attention to it, but my son said: "Look, Daa, that's Jesus, and he got all bloody and died because they put him up there for people to see him and look at him".(not verbatim, but very approximate) Okay, he had never seen that hospital before.
Enculturation? Indoctrination? The results of a religion saturated society? All three? You tell me, because, I never told my son that.
A classmate at the daycare, another 4 year old did.
.. nice! This is exactly why we us must post on Topix. Balance, my dear man, balance. We must whittle the hate ..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#491784 Feb 21, 2013
Good evening everyone.

With Established Harem

#491786 Feb 21, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
rather you are bigot and scumbag
YOU DON'T IMPRESS ANYONE ON THIS TOPIC,
just with shame flush you dung posts,and go away?
.. CATCHER really gets to you, huh ??.

.. your "dumb Pollock" comments are quite offensive. Wonder if there are any Polish Christians on this thread ..

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#491788 Feb 21, 2013
Peace_Warrior wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning >>>Lawest<<< and everyone... I'm off to bed!
Tues.12-30am.
I left you a post close by Friend.
Good night and God Bless... Take Care and be Comforted thru your day.
Good evening >>>>>IRRIRA< <<< (as it is here) should be pushing morning where you are, and I hope you had a very peaceful and well rested night as I have plowed through another day at work and laying back for a little R & R right now, so talk to ya later.

Blessings.

Fennario

#491789 Feb 21, 2013
It aint necessarily so wrote:
How about it, Grace? Or Juicy? Or Serah? Or Dr, Shrink? Or Le-Le? Or Quin? Or Counter_Strike? Or Epiphany? Or Clearwater Chris? Won't even one of you stand with me? You all have a say in how this saga shall end.
Red Apples wrote:
Here's what I'll do. I'll stand here and continue to watch you moan and groan like a child.
Thanks. I knew that I could count on you.

And God bless you!
Red Apples wrote:
You've been belly aching about this for what a week now?
About that. But it's over now. The window for being better than the typical Christian has passed.
Red Apples wrote:
Your behaviour and actions in here have been just as bad and reprehensible as any ones. Can't you see that, because most everyone else can?
Then I'm the bad guy in this? You bear the mark of your church indeed. Well done, Christian!
Red Apples wrote:
Give it a rest and move on cry baby. If you don't like the way you're being treated in here than by all means take it down the road to another thread.
Thanks, but I like it here. And you have been quite helpful.
Red Apples wrote:
Your moaning and groaning like a child and crying out for people to come to your aid isn't working
I think it is. I think it already has. You also missed the point of the exercise. Thanks for doing your part.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#491790 Feb 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning. Something Le Le said bothered me a bit the other day but now not at all. I'm not sure if it was even directed at me or you but in short said some speak hate in the name of Christ. I've been told when I've witnessed here that saying Jesus Christ is the only way and that any other path goes to hell is hateful. My view is it would be hate not to say this if you know it. Its hard in a forum to know but just thankful here the Lord saved a wretch like me. Nothing but Him can I brag on. Think I will go back to that park. Soon the doc. is going to clear me and its back to work. Take care.
Good evening. The sad thing about it is that unbelievers are going always vilify the believers for lifting up the name of Christ in praise and worship and for standing against everything that is not like his Holy Word, and I really expect nothing from the atheist, agnostics and unbelievers in general, Because I know that their hearts are stony and untouch by our Lord and Saviour, but a HYPOCRITE really steams me because they clain Jesus and yet not only stand up for some things that are so damnable..........but join in on the persecution of those who stand up for God's Holy principals.

And it is hard for me personally to take their alledged "salvation" seriously or respect them in general.

Blessings.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#491791 Feb 21, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus died 2000 years ago!
And RISEN UP three days later.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Location hidden

#491792 Feb 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you not lambaste the Ku Klux Klan for its views on black people?
I know you directed your question at Chris, but I must ask..........what does the KKK has to do with this?

Fennario

#491793 Feb 21, 2013
Illuminatrix wrote:
I can't believe this is still going Teddy
It's over now except the reporting. I will continue to call Dim whatever his manners earn him. But I won't be asking for anybody to take a stand any more.
Illuminatrix wrote:
not getting involved does not imply assent or moral cowardice.
What would moral cowardice look like?
Illuminatrix wrote:
A few people have tried to talk to both you and Skom.
Nobody who talked to me about this matter didn't find fault in me except Seraphine, who apologized in place of Dim.

And I didn't see a single post to Dim telling him that he was wrong. If you know of one, please link me to it so that I can thank the poster and credit the Christian community with at least one win.
Illuminatrix wrote:
It seems neither one of you is going to back off and at this point this seems to have escalated into a word war over nothing more than a simple misunderstanding.
The misunderstanding isn't the issue. It's Dim's mouth. It's his gutter Christian ethic of slandering others without cause and then forgiving himself. Everybody who failed to point this out to him was tacitly giving him and that doctrine support. How else can I possibly interpret what I just saw?
Illuminatrix wrote:
As for behaviour, the two of you are well matched.
Do you think so? How are you being any better than any of the rest here? This situation is far from symmetrical.
Illuminatrix wrote:
I LUVE you both but seriously guys/gals... snap out of it... give peace a chance :D<
<3
This kind of love is worth nothing to me. Love is courageous.

Since: Feb 12

Gideon, MO

#491794 Feb 21, 2013
Jesus loves you, because he died on the cross and sacrificed his life for yours!

“BE BRAVE ENOUGH ”

Since: Oct 09

TO STEP IN MUD PUDDLES

#491795 Feb 21, 2013
Chris Clearwater wrote:
<quoted text>
more here:
I am not sure what your response had to do with my post...there was nothing in it about homosexuals.

Nor does my posting a link to one political/religion site change the dynamics of this thread. There have been links posted to various topics here on this thread in the past...news...politics...curre nt events...music...videos...etc. ..etc.

Money, politics, power might not be a part of your faith but it is a part of all religions. History is history...we can run from it...we can pretend it didn't happen.

The conversations...which by the way...is the first time that I have posted concerning it...is about "church"...what is it...what meaning is being used by both parties...I voiced my opinion.

I also addressed the issue of how much influence does the "church" have when it comes to political issues...how it affects all of us...not just those within that faith.

I would have to ask...have you addressed others as you did me when they post something that you think is off topic?

I remember during the election and afterwards there were quite a few political sites referenced...how about the sports links that are left here???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 271,366
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 4 min waaasssuuup 839,446
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min waaasssuuup 590,460
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 15 min razz58 2,410
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min Just Think 100,031
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 47 min waaasssuuup 4,498
Snapchat names (Jan '14) 1 hr aryellmatarazzo 9
More from around the web